The Siege, Part 3 (201)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mio View Post
    They probably gave him the therapy during the seige part 2.
    No he hadnt had the gene therapy. Remember in Hot Zone? On one of the DVDs I heard that they realised they'd made a mistake over Ford's flying the jumper but it was too late.

It was a great episode and worth waiting for. I felt they saved Shephard a bit too quickly. He looked very sad thinking that he was going to die

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
      WOW! This episode really rocked! Actually, I liked the whole 3-parter. I did write a half-post complaining about how Col. Everett was an idiot in Siege 2. I had only watched the first 15 minutes of Siege 2, but he was really bugging me! The funny thing is, while I was cursing his name, I had a fleeting thought of, "Well, what happened to Sumner had happened to you, buddy, you'd be singing a different tune." And then look what happened!

Ford's eye freaked me out, but it was interesting to see him go to the dark side. I wasn't expecting that at all.

Loved seeing Mitch Pileggi. I'm an X-Files fan from way back.

At some point and time, once I've finished getting caught up with all the Atlantis episodes, I think I'd like to watch the SG-1 and SGA episodes that "link up" just for the continuity. (For example, I'd probably watch Letters From Pegasus, Moebius and then Siege in succession.)
      I loved the whole three parter and the action was very good. Is one of my favorites from season 2. If we had a thread of our favorite finales from all three seasons the seige parts would be my number 2 on my list and first strike would be number 1.

http://galaxygate.freeforums.org/index.php
      Come and join My Doctor Who fourm....
      http://galactictraveler.proboards.com/index.cgi

Comment

In 2 words:
        Awesome episode!

I think was able to pilot the jumper because he had the gene (from the gene therapy), the Wraith enzyme didn't stop him from doing it because it's basicly (sp?) a drug.
        spoilers for unending:
        Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by lunapasa View Post
          In 2 words:
          Awesome episode!

I think was able to pilot the jumper because he had the gene (from the gene therapy), the Wraith enzyme didn't stop him from doing it because it's basicly (sp?) a drug.

He doesn't have the gene. The PJ was on automatic. As soon as he got through the gate it would have just stalled and he had to jump to another gate on foot.
          It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Originally posted by shake_it_off_sparky View Post
            The hug in this ep between + was reeally reeally sweet!
            And the scene at the end when liz's saying about them
            Spoiler:
            finding ford
            I swear she's holding his hand! heehee
            Spoiler:
            Do you think they'll be another shippy bit if/when sheppard is alive and comes back in season 3? I hope so!
            Indeed

This was a great ep. Overflowing with action, quick pace, a lot of things going on at the same time battle-wise, the sublime scheme they come up with to fool the Wraith, and.... Lt. Ford going evil!!!! I especially liked that as he struck me as the least developed character until then. Imo he was too much of a goodie-two-shoes. But all that changed... I'm gonna love watching how he turns out
            => Complete SG-1 marathon: currently watching Season 10... <=

In the end, only you can decide the fate of your own soul…

sigpic

As your mother, you will listen to *me*, young lady! There will be *no* leading ships on a mass murdering crusade!

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzy O'NeiLL View Post
              Indeed

This was a great ep. Overflowing with action, quick pace, a lot of things going on at the same time battle-wise, the sublime scheme they come up with to fool the Wraith, and.... Lt. Ford going evil!!!! I especially liked that as he struck me as the least developed character until then. Imo he was too much of a goodie-two-shoes. But all that changed... I'm gonna love watching how he turns out
              I love what they did with Ford, but I don't like the fact that he hasn't recurred much. I would have liked to see more of him in season two (no idea how much he's in seasons three and four).

And it was fantastically well-paced, which was so key for the success of this episode.

Comment

One of my fave parts of this, is when McCay was alone with those 2 wraith, and his 'clip' poped out of the pistol.... Man was that funny.

Comment

great ep , good way to start a new season.

just 1 question though , does the cloak protect the city from the radiation of the nuke? what happens when there is no cloak or shield online?

Comment

^ Nope. Thats why Mckay had to wait for the blast and radiation to pass before activating the cloak.

If theres no cloak or shield, then the city can be seen and is not protected.
                    sigpic
                    By *E*K*R*

Comment

what about lingering radiation? surely there must be some lingering radiation in the atmosphere , how should that affect the city and the people living in it?

Comment

^ Yeah, I was thinking about that myself! I can't be sure but I think Zalenka said something about it in the ep.
                        sigpic
                        By *E*K*R*

Comment

Originally posted by klor'el View Post
                          what about lingering radiation? surely there must be some lingering radiation in the atmosphere , how should that affect the city and the people living in it?
                          It all got sucked into the blackhole known as plot fubars..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            It all got sucked into the blackhole known as plot fubars..
                            Hmmm yes my wife was telling me 'It's a TV show your not 'sposed to think of that !!! '

Comment

I was disappointed in the resolution of this episode, because I couldn't buy it.

First of all, the Wraith have to be pretty gullible to be fooled that way.

Second, even if they were 100% convinced that Atlantis had been destroyed, wouldn’t they stick around to go through the wreckage that they would expect to find on the ocean floor? It’s not like a nuke would vaporize the city. If nothing else, they would want to look for that gate control crystal that can lock the eighth chevron ("Home"). And once they searched the ocean floor and found no wreckage, the jig would be up. Actually, they would probably collide with the city on their way down.
                              Last edited by captv; 04 March 2008, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by captv View Post

First of all, the Wraith have to be pretty gullible to be fooled that way.
                                I found it pretty convincing, but then I'm no Wraith-rocket-scientist...

Second, even if they were 100% convinced that Atlantis had been destroyed, wouldn’t they stick around to go through the wreckage that they would expect to find on the ocean floor?
                                I don't picture the Wraith as a sea-worthy species...and maybe the shields they have are no good for pressure...there are a lot of outs here.
                                Personally, I loved every second of it.

isall
                                Late to the Gate

Comment

Working...
                                X