The Brotherhood (116)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlphaBlu
    And it was another episode where we didn't win! And McKay got another fantastic line:

"Give me a knife." *silence from badguys* "You all have guns. Give me a knife."
    hehe i loved that part..and what about the hand gesture he did after he said that? awesome
    and what the hell is MENSA?

Comment

Originally posted by OfF3nSiV3
      An organization made up of extremely bright people.
      http://www.mensa.org
      sigpic
      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by OfF3nSiV3
        hehe i loved that part..and what about the hand gesture he did after he said that? awesome
        Mensa International is an organization for people with High IQ's.

-IMF
        "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
        "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
        BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by joanne1138
          RECURRING CHARACTERS! Yeah!

Bates is growing on me definitely. A lot of Zelenka! Him telling off that tech guy at the start for drinking stuff by the Ancients systems! Hee! And talking to Weir with the 'you are the loop' thing. That was very sweet. I think we got a glipse of Stackhouse too. The only bad thing on the minor character front is that MARKHAM DIED!
          I think all we missed ws Grodin. Stackhouse was standing behind Bates in the control center after the dogfight, but he didn't have any lines. Maybe they're trying to tame his "Minnesota" accent before he gets to speak again.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
            Mensa International is an organization for people with High IQ's.

-IMF
            who..then i think they're looking for me

Comment

Hehe. Can anybody say "Da Vinci Code"? I think this episode really had that kind of flavour (and if you haven't read that book you're really missing out). I loved the whole treasure hunt thing It really was a quest for the Holy Grail
              McKay was hilarious, as usual. I liked the fact that it ran in parallel with a whole other plot going on on Atlantis too. And of course Carson piloting Jumper 2. hehe "I'm a doctor not a fighter pilot!". And also, Sheppard showing impressive mathematical skills (although...I could have figured that one out by myself...we used to do that stuff in class when I was a kid).
              It really was a good episode.
              May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Well, I think poor Markham is toast, fish food, etc. He's a goner unless he beamed out, which they didn't do, and the only other beaming would be to the Wraith dart, and well, I'd rather get blown up!

On the other hand, Zelenka is alive, so is Stackhouse, two of my favorite supporting characters. But sigh... but somebody will eventually die, as long as it's not any of our main and main supporting folk!

Good episode otherwise.

Comment

I've started a "Sgt. Markham Mourning/Appreciation Thread" if anyone cares to post on it. Just click on the picture of Sgt. Markham below for the link...

Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

I didn't see it as being remotely Da Vinci Code-like. Probably because it's such a recent phenomenon and the puzzle-solving thing goes way, way back.

Does anyone know the name of the Coffee Guy at the beginning? He was funny, but he also looked really familiar. As soon as I saw him I thought, "Hey! I KNOW him!" Can't place him, though.

The Zelenka stuff was great. The Czech gripe and the "You are the loop" thing are both classics. Think I'll go along with whoever said he has a crush on Weir. How cute.

Love McKay, of course, and all his snarky glory. Also loved how he became all flustered and incoherent over the girl. He's even worse than Zelenka.

Good plot development stuff. The Genii should be a very frustrating and annoying people because they're so one-note, but I actually kinda like them. So far. They found a ZPM but once again it slipped through their hands. *sigh* Maybe McKay can go back and beg for it. hehe What was the comment on what was wrong with the other locations of the ZPMs?

The MENSA stuff was funny, but I'll hold my applause until I'm sure they aren't going to do to Shep what they did to O'Neill and make him a moron under the pretense of "he's just pretending to be dumb." *rolls eyes*

Markham. That's just sad. Why couldn't it be random names instead of characters we've actually met? TPTB seem keen to add loads of new characters to the show, I hope they aren't planning to kill off loads, too, in order to make room for the new guys...

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                      Say cheese!

PIGGY'S USELESS OPINION
                      of 'The Brotherhood'

Another new Atlantis ep, another newly-located ZPM escaping the grasp of our heroes. Dang it, I thought they'd actually maybe get it this time. I think "ARGH!" is the appropriate word. Hopefully, they'll get to keep one soon... If this particular storyline gets dragged out much longer, I'll go nuts.

Kolya's back! That's cool because he's now the only established bad guy who has an actual history with almost every one of our heroes, so everyone has learned from previous experience what to expect. Or so they think. Or something. I dunno, I'm kinda tired from work.

Cowabunga! Some random notes...
                      - We lost a jumper! Oh, the outrage!
                      - If I heard and remember correctly, one of the guys killed by the Wraith scout was a minor recurring character.
                      - Three hive ships approaching Atlantis, eh? I guess this is where things start to build towards an end-of-season climax... (Actually, I suppose it really started last episode with the gate adresses for planets with ZPM's on them, which was carried over into this one.)
                      - Bates and Zelenka and Beckett! Recurring characters galore! Oh, and Kolya too, I guess...
                      - So what's happened to Zora? They mentioned her, but about the only thing we can conclude based on that piece of dialogue was that she hasn't been returned to the Genii.
                      - So Sheppard made it a point to let Kolya live. Wonder if that will come back to bite him in the ass? Or will Kolya feel even the least bit grateful? Or will Kolya be in too much hot water with his boss now for it to matter?
                      - I'm all for respecting the locals on the planets the teams visit and everything, but why they didn't get to keep the ZPM was just ridiculous. "Sorry, we're keeping it and hiding it from you, even though we have no use for it ourselves. Why? Just because."
                      - I fully expect the Czech folks around here to tell us what Zelenka was saying...
                      yeah why did they not take it damnit!!! well, they can go back for it next time.....i guess its another episode. what about the other gate addresses that had zpms?
                      come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

Terrific ep.

I loved how the Genii are developing, how (Colm Meany) is backing off while Koya is relentless in pursuing Sheppard. He and his guys make pretty good lookin' cowboys, too.

Rodney was much nicer in this ep; still funny and opinionated, but toned down. I like him better this way. Obviously the constant exposure to near/certain death is mellowing him.

I love how he totally lost his composure around the female guest(forgot her name) once her found out she was attracted to him, and how impressed(threatened?) he was with Sheppard's obviously genius mind. Hewlett really knows how to keep MacKay in character.

When I saw how much time was left in the ep after defeating Koya I knew that there would be a doublecross. I figured that there was still a Brotherhood remnant around, but still, it was a well done doublecross.

But, best of all, Bates had a lot of great scenes! Bates puts me in my place - my happy place!
                        Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                        "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                        One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                        resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                        confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                        A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                        The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Oh yeah, had only one gripe in the whole episode, no,well, two....

Didn't like seeing Markham just die like that, but that's war for you. Here one minute, in a billion bits the next, so it does add realism and angst to the show.

My gripe (drum roll, please )

Koyla tells Sheppard that he thought Shep was smarter than that, that a bullet wound in the shoulder wouldn't kill a person.

ARGH!!! Obviously Koyla does not know that a bullet wound to the shoulder can kill, can cripple, and even cost an arm if it hits in the right place. Many years ago, a surgeon wrote an article into TV GUIDE to complain about the prolific "It's just a shoulder wound" injuries that were everywhere on TV at that time (this was in the days of Mannix and Matt Dillon, and if you have to ask, you weren't born yet). Anyway, I just cringed at that remark Koyla made. After all, a P-90 isn't a pea-shooter. There's an intersting technical articles on P90s here.

Of course, Shep could have shot him in the head,a but I think that would have been too messy for SciFi.... plus did Weir need Koyla's brains splattered all over? and then we wouldn't have Koyla come back for another episode (and I think he could come back in season 2).

Comment

A good episode but not as good as pervious episodes I loved the whole puzzle thing I thought it was clever puzzle but our Mackay figured it out eventually. I love the flow from one episode to another in the second half of season 1 of Atlantis it’s really well thought out. IMO when the wraith dart was scanning Atlantis does anyone else think it may have
                            Spoiler:
                            dropped a wraith spy in Atlantis the one they find in season final
                            "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
                              A good episode but not as good as pervious episodes I loved the whole puzzle thing I thought it was clever puzzle but our Mackay figured it out eventually. I love the flow from one episode to another in the second half of season 1 of Atlantis it’s really well thought out. IMO when the wraith dart was scanning Atlantis does anyone else think it may have
                              Spoiler:
                              dropped a wraith spy in Atlantis the one they find in season final
                              yes b/c that would would fit in very nicely....unless one drops one in the episode but providing that doesnt occur, then i say yes.

i agree. atlantis is having great flow and continutiy between the episodes and that of linking a past episode to a presetn and weaving the story lines togeteher. and ill be blasphamous and say that they are doing it better than they are doing it in SG1 lately.
                              come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

Do you think "Potentia" was possibly what the Ancients called ZPM's, or was it just something that The Brotherhood of 15 called it?

-IMF
                                "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                                "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                                BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X