No announcement yet.

The Brotherhood (116)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes. McKay has become less panicky in the face of danger than he has been in the past compared to 38 Minutes, for example, and the last time he was face to face with Kolya. He was much calmer here and I thought that was impressive too.

And Fords faking, I didn't expect that. I had to rewind my tape and watch again becuase I wondered 'Did Ford REALLY do that?!'. I shouldn't really be surprised as he's definitely proved he is competant, but he is the least likely of all the characters to actually DO something unexpected like that. Maybe I'm just unused to the writers NOT ignoring Ford.
    ~Percussive Maintenance - The fine art of repeatedly whacking an electronic device to get it to work again.~

Think before you hit 'Post': Friends may come and go but enemies accumulate. *sigh*

My LiveJournal: watch me babble about Stargate and life in general here.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaterholic
      I havent read all the replys on this ep, but does anyone else think that the writers had just finished The Davinci Code when they wrote this one?

Not that i'm complaining, it was an entertaining episode
      Let's see:
      Spoilers for those who want to read The DaVinci Code.
      Spoiler:
      There is the tradition of a millenias old brotherhood, clues left out in plain sight, the laser pointers made a kind of Rose line, the clues misread(thinking they added up to a gate addy, for example) the vital "key" was hidden behind a cherished work of art, badguys out to get the Holy Grail... er... Potentia(there's a difference?), a doublecross from a trusted ally....
      <nods> Yes, there were definately enough similar elements to DaVinci Code, here.
      Last edited by Tok'Ra Hostess; 09 January 2005, 08:01 AM. Reason: Spoilers for The DaVinci Code hidden. Sorry. My bad. :(
      Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
      "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
      One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
      resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
      confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
      A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
      The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

I didn't know Teyla became a mute during the mid season break... Methinks this is not a worthy episode after such a long break.

Besides, don't PJs have shields and stuff? Or is John's PJ special and can take multiple hits before being slightly damaged?

Comment

lol. ZPMs = Holy Grail.

haha.. nonetheless, I believed it to be a pretty good episode. It seems folks these days have similar weapons.

Brilliant puzzles. Good Stuff. I dont mind if its copied from The Da Vinci Code (Dan Brown) (I got the Illustrated Version! Woot!) coz Stargate is just that cool.

Fuse all the SciFi shows/books together and you get the ultimate SciFi Show...Stargate!!!!

Comment

I liked this episode. It was good. Ford got to kick some ass, and Xena got to do some more knife work...very cool stuff.
            Originally posted by Calicto
            It seems folks these days have similar weapons.
            I'm pretty sure the new "Brotherhood" got their weapons from the Genii, possibly the "great reward" that Sanir was talking about.
            Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
              I liked this episode. It was good. Ford got to kick some ass, and Xena got to do some more knife work...very cool stuff.I'm pretty sure the new "Brotherhood" got their weapons from the Genii, possibly the "great reward" that Sanir was talking about.
              Yeah definately, that nozzle on the pistol and some of the rifles definately seemed like they were Genii stuff, thats why McKay assumed they were Genii instantly.. somewhat identical guns

Comment

Did anyone else feel the urge to strangle Allina to death?

I know I did.

Foolish...

Comment

Originally posted by aschen

I know I did.

Foolish...
                  There are rare times when I agree with you, aschen.

Comment

I think that while the PJ's may been more advanced than the Wraith darts 10000 years ago that doesn't take into account that the Wraith have been given 10000 years to catch up to Ancient technology. While they defeated their enemy 10000 years ago which may of slowed down their technological development that shouldn't stop it altogether. Which is why I think it is completely believable that a PJ gets destroyed so easily. No doubt the Wraith have been upgrading their own tech just in case their enemies return. Its not like the Ancients have been around to continue to develop their own tech. I wouldn't be surprised if a Hive Ship was comparable or superior to Atlantis as it is now without its ZPM.

Comment

Originally posted by aschen

I know I did.

Foolish...
                      I was thinking more along the lines of what she did to her fellow Daganian.
                      "Misguided she was, perilous things will soon become... "

Perhaps she may change her mind at a later date. I was hoping for a nice little romance for Rodney.
                      Do you get the impression that apart from the Athosians that everyone else in the Pegasus galaxy is rather unhelpful?

The only downer, I thought, to what was otherwise a great episode. That and Markham's uncermonious exit.
                      sigpic
                      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                        I was thinking more along the lines of what she did to her fellow Daganian.
                        "Misguided she was, perilous things will soon become... "

Perhaps she may change her mind at a later date. I was hoping for a nice little romance for Rodney.
                        Do you get the impression that apart from the Athosians that everyone else in the Pegasus galaxy is rather unhelpful?

The only downer, I thought, to what was otherwise a great episode. That and Markham's uncermonious exit.
                        The Atlanteans should do some "culling" of their own until someone gets them that ZPM. As badly as they need it I'm surprised Sheppard didn't order every PJ they had to go to Dagan and try to head off Allina before she went through the gate, or at least cloak and watch the gate to see which planet the send it to. Heck, they could probably follow her and she the wouldn't be the wiser as long as they're cloaked. They could have had that puppy in a few days!

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                          The Atlanteans should do some "culling" of their own until someone gets them that ZPM. As badly as they need it I'm surprised Sheppard didn't order every PJ they had to go to Dagan and try to head off Allina before she went through the gate, or at least cloak and watch the gate to see which planet the send it to. Heck, they could probably follow her and she the wouldn't be the wiser as long as they're cloaked. They could have had that puppy in a few days!
                          *Gasp* I made a typo... unceremonious, I mean...

As for why Sheppard didn't stalk the Daganians for the elusive ZPM, well, Major... we now enter the realm of speculation...
                          a) he's an officer and a gentleman?
                          b) he was too tired
                          c) TPTB are turning the ZPMs into the equivalent of the Holy Grail
                          d) TPTB thought it was too good a plot twist to pass up
                          e) perhaps he tried to but McKay stopped him
                          f) to save this one for a more dire situation in the future (but seriously what could be more dire than 3 hive ships on the approach... okay maybe 4 hive ships)

Seriously, I know how you feel though... I'm a little frustrated myself... to come so close and then to lose it because of some misguided so-and-so's sense of tradition.
                          sigpic
                          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                            Seriously, I know how you feel though... I'm a little frustrated myself... to come so close and then to lose it because of some misguided so-and-so's sense of tradition.
                            I think that it was more than just their sense of tradition...it was pure, unadulterated averice! All they talked about was the "great reward" they would get from the Ancients if they kept the ZPM hidden. Maybe their "great reward" is having the Terrans in Atlantis to fight the Wraith for them!

Comment

So the question becomes, is there something wrong with the people of the Brotherhood that the "great reward" would be more important to them than helping out the Atlantis crew? Some sickness or other danger to their society? Or is it more like one of the Earth religions that talks about people being given a "great reward" when they die, such as entry to Heaven?

This is a religion to these people. To use the example quoted most here, what if we were to discover the holy grail and then some outsiders bopped along and said, "Oh, perfect! That's just what we need!" and tried to take it with them to some unknown distant place, likely never to be seen again? I think quite a few people might object, even if the strangers said it was a life and death matter.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                                What if we were to discover the holy grail and then some outsiders bopped along and said, "Oh, perfect! That's just what we need!"
                                I definately see your point, but the analogy doesn't quite fit.

1.) It was the Terrans who found the the Potentia, not the Daganians.

2.) The Potentia was meant specifically for the Ancients/Atlantis, and the Holy Grail is not specifically meant for anyone (at least that I know of).

3.) The Holy Grail (some believe) possesses great powers, such as that of healing, to whomever has it, the Potentia is effectively useless to anyone but the Atlanteans.

But, again, I do see your point and it is well-reasoned.

Comment

Working...
                                X