No announcement yet.

Letters From Pegasus (117)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol yes that was good this is one of my fave episodes i have a few but this is the one that made me want to keep watching
    sigpic

Comment

"leadership" lmao

Comment

the whole "from atlantis" thing got me feeling happy

Comment

Sorry to resurect an old thread, but seeing this again yesterday I do think it was one of the best clipshows ever of any TV series, certainly (IMHO) of Stargate and possibly even one of the best episodes of Atlantis's first season.

First off as many others have said the actual clips totalled like 2 minutes and most had new voiceovers which integrated them seamlessly into the episode. And whilst people talking directly to a camera for some of it, was done to make the episode cheap you don't think that at all whilst watching, I got so caught up in the emotional messages home. Not to mention that it mentioned the fact that they'd lost many characters who weren't season regulars via Weir's messages. It have unusual gravitas to deaths of extremely disposable characters (RIP Markham) even mentioned again but they made it work so well here. Even S1 Bates manages to become a well rounded character within 30 seconds via the message to his little bro. I can honestly say that there were no wrong notes for me from the adorable Beckett and the Japanese lady to Shephard's message about Sumner and even Kavanuagh.

And then of course there's Rodney's seminal work to mankind and at the very end he remembers that his sister is the most important thing of all back on earth, and so beautifully payed off in "McKay and Mrs. Miller".

Comment

I enjoyed this episode, I enjoyed the refreshing of what had happened in some of the earlier eps, and it brought home how many people they actually lost.

Sigs by the lovely CSOM, Sonja and from the Tokrafans community on LJ.

Comment

I thought this episode was very touching. I liked seeing people recording messages for their loved ones - it kinda brings home how much these people have left behind and the fact that they may never go home. Seeing Elizabeth do the recordings for the families who had someone die on Atlantis was very sad, and, again brings home the sacrifices that have been made and how hard the whole situation must be for all the expedition members.

The little side-trip with John and Teyla was also interesting, particularly the conflict of whether to wait for Orin or not. I think that they made the right choice to stick around. John was right when he said they cannot save everyone, but they might as well save as many as they can. I join the group who wishes that big, bright energy beam had been explained, though. They really should have done something to tie that end up.
              Signature by Glitch33.
              sigpic
              Official assistant thread elf of the Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young appreciation thread and member of the Teslen thread.

Comment

Being new into Atlantis, I watched that episode for the first time today. And I agree with what Elorendil said a few days ago. I really liked seing them record their messages for loved ones. It's hard to leave people you care about behind and I liked how they took the time to make every message count. What Weir did for those who died in service was sad, yet perfect, and I think it added a whole dimension to the episode which I was glad to be able to see.

And seeing Harriman and Carter receive the transmission was also beautiful. I mean, Atlantis can't communicate with Earth, but Earth has the same problem. They don't know how the people over there are doing. They too are trying to accept the fact that they are alone. I'm glad they showed the moment Carter realised it was coming from Atlantis. I think it was perfect, just enough, not too short, not too long.

So, I think it was a really well done episode. I'm surely going to watch it again in the near future. ;D
                sigpic
                Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by Elorendil View Post
                  I thought this episode was very touching. I liked seeing people recording messages for their loved ones - it kinda brings home how much these people have left behind and the fact that they may never go home. Seeing Elizabeth do the recordings for the families who had someone die on Atlantis was very sad, and, again brings home the sacrifices that have been made and how hard the whole situation must be for all the expedition members.

The little side-trip with John and Teyla was also interesting, particularly the conflict of whether to wait for Orin or not. I think that they made the right choice to stick around. John was right when he said they cannot save everyone, but they might as well save as many as they can. I join the group who wishes that big, bright energy beam had been explained, though. They really should have done something to tie that end up.
                  I agree.
                  sigpic

Comment

Yeah, what was that bright energy beam anyway? It sure set fire to the village, but did it do anything else? Loved the conflict between John and Teyla. They did the right thing to stick around, and take everyone who got there, not just Orin's family. Since there obviously was enough standing room and they had enough oxygen for that short trip.
                    sigpic

Comment

I liked Zelenka's rant in Czech.
                      But it's clear, at least by one measure, Stargate Universe is going out with a social supersonic boom.

Comment

I loved this episode. It added much depth to the characters. Especially the scene were Weir is talking to the families of the ones who died. Also showing Kavanagh making complains was a good idea. It's not always harmony out there and using a prisoner to test a new drug (Steve) is crossing a line and that can be a slippery road.

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                        Yeah, what was that bright energy beam anyway? It sure set fire to the village, but did it do anything else?.
                        Yes, I was wondering about this beam to, it alway stayed in the same place, so probably not used to set fire? Shame, they don't mention it again.

I just wondered a bit about the conflict Sheppard had. In UNDERGROUND he agreed without hesitation to free people from the cocoons in the hive ship. As stealth was needed, this jeopardized the mission a lot more than waiting cloaked for some people.

Another thing was that wraith who just showed at the back of the jumper. Even though the jumper is invisible, you should see marks on the ground from the weight of the jumper.
                        Blue is such a nice color, especially if you have wings.

Comment

Originally posted by Skie View Post
                          Another thing was that wraith who just showed at the back of the jumper. Even though the jumper is invisible, you should see marks on the ground from the weight of the jumper.
                          I have wondered about that, and the fact that wouldn't he be able to see inside since the door was down?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
                            I have wondered about that, and the fact that wouldn't he be able to see inside since the door was down?
                            I think the illusion of invisibility encompasses everything that is surrounded by the cloak, no matter wether the door's open or not. It's like Harry Potter's cloak - everything covered by it is invisible, the rest is not.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Oh okay that makes sense. For some reason I was thinking there was an episode that showed the inside of the jumper as visible when it was cloaked, but for the life of me I cannot think of the episode, or if it really happened and I am just bluring things together
                              sigpic

Comment

It also makes me wonder.. we know the wraith have telepathic powers.. but do the drone wraith have any?

Comment

Working...
                                X