Letters From Pegasus (117)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    It also makes me wonder.. we know the wraith have telepathic powers.. but do the drone wraith have any?
    They probably do - how else would they be communicating with each other. They'd have to have at least some basic skills.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

It also makes me wonder.. we know the wraith have telepathic powers.. but do the drone wraith have any?
      They have, we see that in Rising. Remember the two guards who came with the male Wraith when they took one of the captive Athosians, the male Wraith must have telepathically told one of the drones to take the Athosian he selected.
      Blue is such a nice color, especially if you have wings.

Comment

Cause someone else telepathically told them, does not necessarily mean they also have it.

Comment

Cause someone else telepathically told them, does not necessarily mean they also have it.
          True but when Teyla connects to the telepathic network in THE GIFT she also seems to hear the drones, because when she "walks" on the ship you see drones and male wraiths "connected". Also Beckett never mentions any specific differences between drones and male wraiths. I just think if the drones have all the special abilities of the wraith (regeneration, immortality) why also not the telepathy, especially if they have the telepathic network, how would they communicate and the drones seem to be kind of the worker caste. So it would be very inconvenient if they couldn't telepathically interact with the other wraiths, especially as there are so many of them.
          Blue is such a nice color, especially if you have wings.

Comment

anyone know what that beam of light was ?
            sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/~ussthor

Comment

Originally posted by USS Thor View Post
              anyone know what that beam of light was ?
              It's all speculation really... but it was never explained.

My idea about it is that it's the Wraith ship sucking the planet for fuel... like a Wraith sucking the life out of a human for food.

Comment

oh i figured it was like a transporter, the wraith darts pick up people then drop them off at the beam and that sucks them up to the ship so the dart can go and get more people
                sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/~ussthor

Comment

That is also possible...

Comment

Joe Mallozzi's thought's on this episode:
                    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...asus-the-gift/
                    LETTERS FROM PEGASUS (117)

Not quite a clip show yet not quite a progressive episode either, Letters from Pegasus is nevertheless a satisfying entry as it offers up some insight into life on Atlantis and the effect the early months of the expedition have had on its members. We’re offered unguarded glimpses of our characters as they open up and send messages back to their loved ones. These run the gamut from amusing and heart-warming to incredibly poignant. Alongside Weir’s address to the loved ones of those who have lost their lives on the mission to Pegasus, highlights include a conniving Kavanaugh, a long-winded McKay, and a surprisingly stirring Zelenka who delivers his entire message in Czech.

Off-world, meanwhile, Sheppard and Teyla run into a spot of trouble while running reconnaissance and narrowly avoid being culled by the wraith. Teyla’s attempts to save the family of an old friend prompts a curious lecture from John on the necessity to separate emotions from logic in life or death situations. The advice is sound but it nevertheless rings a little hollow given that it comes from a guy who has, time and again, demonstrated just the opposite.
                    sigpic

Comment

FORD: Doc, you can't say "Earthlings." Your mother doesn't have security clearance.
                      BECKETT: She knows I'm from Earth, son. It's not a bloody secret.

I love this scene for how crazy things get with getting tied up in knots keeping things classified!

It was a good episode to learn more about the characters, but it never had the same emotional impact for me as when the same kind of exercise was done in SG-1's 'Heroes' and SGU's Kino messages. For the humorous side it did well though.

Ford was good in this. I seem to be saying it again, but he was really quite a fun personable character and I've really enjoyed watching him on screen with this rewatch so far. I wonder if Kavanaugh's rant was actually transmitted in the end!

Comment

I thought it was a pretty good, great when you talk about Clip Shows.

Thought was a significant better clip show then SG-1's first one (although that was more of an actual clip show, than this one). Let's not forget how much of a disaster the first year of SG-1 (mostly duds, with a few hits).

I don't recall this many visual effects that were used for a "Clip Show." A lot of the time for a clip show, none or few were used.

I think in terms of continuity, Letters From Pegasus, it takes place after Moebius (I think Daniel was just referring to Atlantis to check if everyone was alright).

Tomorrow, the episode before the huge season finale.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
                          Thought was a significant better clip show then SG-1's first one (although that was more of an actual clip show, than this one). Let's not forget how much of a disaster the first year of SG-1 (mostly duds, with a few hits).
                          I totally disagree. I really enjoy SG-1 Season 1. I think it has many great episodes and is no where near a disaster. And among the episodes from that Season I enjoy is Politics. I don't think I would compare it to Letters from Pegasus because they are just two very different episodes, but they both have their good points. While I'll never say a clip show is the best of the series I give kudos to the Stargate writers for consistently delivering different and interesting stories as an envelope for them.

Comment

My LiveJournal post

Wow, loved it, very sweet. (Except McKay and Kavanagh... )
                            Now my joint favourite clip show with Citizen Joe.

Edit: Wow, and by a nice coincidence, I come home from walking the dog, and Dad's watching Citizen Joe on TV!
                            Last edited by Jae'a; 27 June 2012, 04:49 AM.
                            "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                            "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                            "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                            "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                            >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

A pretty good clip ep.

I found Teyla to be pretty annoying in this ep. I understand she wanted to at least save a few people. But to jeopardise the mission like that.

Beckett's message to his mum, hilarious. Toe Fungus haha. Rodney's lab assistant was funny as well. As for Kavanagh, ugh such an idiot.

What was that beam of light. I can't remember if they mentioned what it was or if it appears again later in the show.

At what point would a cloaked jumper become visible to you when you are entering from outside? Would it just appear once you're in? It puzzles me.

I would like to end my post with one word. Leadership.
                              sigpic

Comment

Midweek, another ep of Atlantis.

1. Hard to think of this one as an actual clip show, Atlantis seemed to do better than SG1 on this front.

2. Forgot that Ford had actually suggested going after the Childhood's End ZPM. Er...Teyla said it best mate.

3. I remember a fanfic that gave various people's responses to the messages, think Jack decided to reassign Kavanagh to Alaska or something, and told Shep "don't get dead".

4. I think the naquadah generator could be passed off as a variety of things.

Solid enough ep though.
                                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Working...
                                X