No announcement yet.

Letters From Pegasus (117)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought this was an emotional episode. I got shivers and yes, a tear in the corner of my eye, the first couple of times I watched it. I just imagined what it would be like to be so far away from one's family and thinking, "This is it. I quite likely will die."

The acting is sooo good in this ep. Heck, it even made me dislike Bates less! (I don't care for his attitude, though I agree with a good part of what he says, from a practical, reality-based position.) The excitement of Zelenka, the rambling of McKay, eventually breaking down his walls of snarkiness to real emotion, Beckett's sad and funny comments, Weir talking to Simon, Shep talking about Sumner, and even Cavanaugh's beyotching (he would! Down w/ ponytail guy!).

I was a little disappointed with the "Asian submissive attitude" thing too, but the clips showed during her section were so funny. I betcha the character is actually quite strong, just playing meek in front of her family and McKay. Y'know, sometimes you gotta jump when the boss is freaking out.

Great ep, IMHO.

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
    O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

I enjoyed LFP. It was emotional and so wonderful to see the cast make a video for their loved ones except Teyla isnt from earth.

-I liked how Ford did the tapings and he walked out of the taping of that weird scientist(for got his nsame)he was in 38 min. But seeing the tape that McKay did was funny, I head so much to say and not enough time and the hole techno bable was great.
      -I also like the interaction that John and Teyla had in the episode, Teyla wanted to save ppl while John had a mission to do but for teyla its different and yet she convinced him to wait abit longer for more survivors to arrive.Man they both know when to fight. John seemed compasionate when it came to saving lives and he never really showed emotions except in depserate means and thats interesting about John most of the time.
      -Teyla was great in the scenes and loved how she snapped back at John and yet she managed to save her friends along with geting intel.
      -I couldnt help but laugh when Beckett was making a tape cause it was so funny in a way and I get he hates to make a tape but him not knowing wat to say to his family was hard to believe.
      -Ford was so happy to say something and i enjoyed that.Loved how he had somethin to say so fast and knew right away that he wante d to so this with out any hesitation.
      -For WEir that was emotional to see the clips of the personal that were lost in the battle with the wraith showed so much sadness and seeing how emotional Weir was said so much.

At the end seeing John made a tape for Col Sumner's family, he looked as though he didnt know how to explain with hout giving away to much and still fell something when it came to saying his apologies.
      part of:
      Unique Bond fansite Graphics Com ShepMagan Icons

wanna sig? pm me and ill make u one

Comment

This was a pretty good epesode, lots of speach but it kinda orked well.

Pony tail guy is a complete creap - he was an arse in 38 minutes aswell...

Zelinka was of course great with the whole "security clearence?" thing and McKays leadership speach is just legendary.

Giant glasses woman was helarious seen as she actuall believes McKay to be nice to his scientist minions.

And Beckett I don't need to say anything.

The charactor development of Teyla and John was well done though...

Bye
        sigpic
        Beckett: What shall ah say?
        Ford: Uh...Uh... I miss you... I wish you were here?
        Beckett: I wish who was here?
        Ford: Uh.... I dunno who do you wish was here?
        Beckett: Nobody I wish I wasn't bloody here.

Comment

I loved this episode very much, enjoyed the episode. Its one of my many favorite episodes from season one.

http://galaxygate.freeforums.org/index.php
          Come and join My Doctor Who fourm....
          http://galactictraveler.proboards.com/index.cgi

Comment

I loved the episode, but I was wondering if we ever found out what the big blue beam was that John went to check out?
            Spoilers for First Strike
            Spoiler:
            In my opinion, it looked a lot like the Asuran beam used to attack Atlantis in First Strike. Does this mean that the Asurans were involved with the Wraith or is it just a coincidence?

Comment

Just a coincidence.. But i would love to know how the wraith have the power to make it..

Comment

Originally posted by firefly827347 View Post
                I loved the episode, but I was wondering if we ever found out what the big blue beam was that John went to check out?
                Spoiler:
                In my opinion, it looked a lot like the Asuran beam used to attack Atlantis in First Strike. Does this mean that the Asurans were involved with the Wraith or is it just a coincidence?
                Indeed!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by firefly827347 View Post
                  ...but I was wondering if we ever found out what the big blue beam was that John went to check out?
                  Spoiler:
                  In my opinion, I believe that the two beams are nowhere near related.

We know the ships of the Wraith are partially organic, and partially anorganic. So, my guess is, that the blue beam of the Wraith came from one of the ships and was meant to fuel it, feeding off the planet in a way, draining its life-force.

While the (spoilers for First Strike, ep 320)...
                  Spoiler:
                  red Asuran beam is solely a weapon to destroy the city of Atlantis. It has no other purpose than to blast the city to kingdom come.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    In my opinion, I believe that the two beams are nowhere near related.

We know the ships of the Wraith are partially organic, and partially anorganic. So, my guess is, that the blue beam of the Wraith came from one of the ships and was meant to fuel it, feeding off the planet in a way, draining its life-force.

While the (spoilers for First Strike, ep 320)...
                    Spoiler:
                    red Asuran beam is solely a weapon to destroy the city of Atlantis. It has no other purpose than to blast the city to kingdom come.
                    I don't think so. i think the beam have other plan.
                    but i don't konw. yet

Comment

Originally posted by Shepperd View Post
                      I don't think so. i think the beam have other plan.
                      but i don't konw. yet
                      Which beam would that be you're talking about?
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I love Letters from Pegasus. My favorite, McKay, was amazing as usual.....funny and poignant. What a sweetie he is underneath the snark.

Carson was just adorable too, struggling to find something to say to his mum.

Even Ford, usually pretty bland, was likeable here.

The Sheppard/Teyla Wraith part was also interesting. It was brought home just how terrifying and powerful the Wraith can be.

Weir's messages were touching.

I think the writers/cast etc did an amazing job with this episode. It was no ordinary "clip" show.

Comment

Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
                          I love Letters from Pegasus. My favorite, McKay, was amazing as usual.....funny and poignant. What a sweetie he is underneath the snark.

Carson was just adorable too, struggling to find something to say to his mum.

Even Ford, usually pretty bland, was likeable here.

The Sheppard/Teyla Wraith part was also interesting. It was brought home just how terrifying and powerful the Wraith can be.

Weir's messages were touching.

I think the writers/cast etc did an amazing job with this episode. It was no ordinary "clip" show.
                          I agree- such a simple story and everyone did such a wonderful job, this might be my favourite season one episode. I especially love when Zelenka is speaking dramatically of Atlantis rising out of the water and Ford asks if he said anything that would require security clearence.

And on the subject of cats, I absolutely agree with Mckay. Smart man.

No where was I ahhh.....leadership!

Comment

I agree with McKay about cats to. I absolutey love them. And the fact that McKay loves cats makes me love him more.

Comment

Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
                              I agree with McKay about cats to. I absolutey love them. And the fact that McKay loves cats makes me love him more.
                              Hehe, same here. Mckay has remarkabley wonderful taste.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                That 'feeding from the planet' is an interesting thought. We know that hives 'rest on planets' when the wraith hybernate, perhaps there is more to that than meets the eye..

Comment

Working...
                                X