Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Learning more about the city, lovely lovely flying city

Comment

This episode ranks up there with the best sci fi of all time.
      This was the reason why I fell in love with Atlantis...it was more real than SG-1 but it didn't stay that way...but this is what the show was about....guns ghost and enemies
      It was down to earth more than SG-1 and fighting himself to save the city was exciting.

Comment

fantastic ep
        sigpic

Comment

And that's why I believe it could be great again.....
          Atlantis was failed...at the point of the cancellation they just gave up.

Comment

So comparing eps of SGA to SGU. I rewatched this episode and "Justice" last night. I gotta say Atlantis really had some good character driven moments, this being one of them. I found this episode much more entertaining than SGU's Justice, and the final scene with Sheppard screaming Kolya after he says he will kill Weir was just very powerful. Not only did you have a strong plot but as this episode went into the next one, "The Eye" you had a theme of avenge going through the characters. Kolya wanting to avenge the soliders that died, Sora wanting to avenge her Father's death with Teyla, and Sheppard going on a killing spree to avenge Weir. It just was one of those eps that was just wow. This episode and it's 2nd part must of had like 3 or 4 wow moments in itself.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
              And that's why I believe it could be great again.....
              Atlantis was failed...at the point of the cancellation they just gave up.
              Atlantis was producing eps like this all the way till the end. The Season 5 mid-season eps were excellent as well.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                Atlantis was producing eps like this all the way till the end. The Season 5 mid-season eps were excellent as well.
                I'm not sure I can agree with that or commit to my own impressions.
                There were some intersting episodes in 5 but nothing outstanding like the season before with First Strike, Adrift and Lifeline.....perhaps the best 3 episodes ever....but Atlantis at that tendency from the begining.

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                So comparing eps of SGA to SGU. I rewatched this episode and "Justice" last night. I gotta say Atlantis really had some good character driven moments, this being one of them. I found this episode much more entertaining than SGU's Justice, and the final scene with Sheppard screaming Kolya after he says he will kill Weir was just very powerful. Not only did you have a strong plot but as this episode went into the next one, "The Eye" you had a theme of avenge going through the characters. Kolya wanting to avenge the soliders that died, Sora wanting to avenge her Father's death with Teyla, and Sheppard going on a killing spree to avenge Weir. It just was one of those eps that was just wow. This episode and it's 2nd part must of had like 3 or 4 wow moments in itself.
                It was perhaps the best Stargate ever got PERIOD.
                I was chilled when they ended the episode...I thought they'd actually kill her and that was the idea. It was massively powerful.

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
                  I'm not sure I can agree with that or commit to my own impressions.
                  There were some intersting episodes in 5 but nothing outstanding like the season before with First Strike, Adrift and Lifeline.....perhaps the best 3 episodes ever....but Atlantis at that tendency from the begining.
                  Those eps were some of my favorite eps. I also loved This Mortal Coil and BAMSR. I think Season 5 lacked a little, because there was no Weir. She was truly needed, imo. Imagine having the real Weir in Ghost in the Machine. That would of been even more powerful.
                  sigpic

Comment

one of my favourite episodes. I thought the story line was strong the acting spot on. I loved Kolya as the villian, and I loved where they finished this episode.

Sigs by the lovely CSOM, Sonja and from the Tokrafans community on LJ.

Comment

I just watched this episode last night with my wife (her first time watching SGA). It was funny to see a young Cory Monteith (from "Glee") as one of the Genii.

Comment

I thought this was a great episode. There were some funny moments even in the middle of the turmoil and tension. I love the idea of having a super storm and the Atlantians having to figure out how to get through it. Throwing in the Genii take over was a great addition and really took this episode to the next level. I figured it would just be a big storm episode, but that really added a nice touch.
                        Signature by Glitch33.
                        sigpic
                        Official assistant thread elf of the Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young appreciation thread and member of the Teslen thread.

Comment

did anyone else notice the editing mistake? at the beginning, when kolya is kicking his students' asses, he ends up with two sticks in his hand, a striped one and sora's solid one. he throws the solid on to one of the other people, then helps sora up. the angle changes and kolya hands sora the same stick that he just threw to a different person. i LOLd when i noticed.

Comment

I thought it was funny that Zalenka did not have an accent in this episode.
                            sigpic

Comment

Watch the looks Beckett and Ford give each other when Teyla mentions that the Genii believed she killed Tyrus. Really shows how much Ford trusts Teyla.

Comment

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
                                I thought it was funny that Zalenka did not have an accent in this episode.
                                i never noticed that LOL
                                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                                X