No announcement yet.

The Storm (110)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool, even if the Genii are somewhat stupid.
    sigpic

Comment

Oh my, there's an interesting goof.

A number of the shots through the front windshield of the jumper on the mainland show a frosted glass "J2" between the dash and the window. So uh....either they goofed, because the Ancients didn't use our alphabet; or they goofed, because it's extremely unlikely that frosted glass window tools would be among the things they brought along
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Thats one of my favorite Episodes!!!
        sigpic

Comment

I watched this last night on SyFy and found the transcripts for this ep online but neither had the transcript part for the quick recap of the previous Genii ep so you'd know who these characters were in The Storm. Can anyone confirm this? Right at the end of the recap before The Storm starts, Cowen asks Sheppard a question and ends it by calling him "Joe." I was like what did he call him, it was even in the closed captions cause I had them on.
          Anyone hear this, I couldn't find anywhere that said this was a blooper. I also went to check the original ep Underground, but him calling him "Joe" is not in the transcript. I only heard it in the recap before The Storm. I can't believe no one caught this, you could clearly hear him say Joe.

Comment

Yeah well...it was a blooper, these things happen.
            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

yeah they happen but what I was trying to find out was if this was an actual known blooper because after I tried to find it written in a transcript I couldn't find it mentioned as a blooper in the episode guide or anywhere. Is there a list of SG bloopers cause I couldn't find one and it would be fun to see some, all I remember hearing about is Teal'c's symbol being upsidedown in an episode.
              So I guess it's been mentioned along the way that Cowen referred to Sheppard as Joe? Eventhough I heard it in the recap for The Storm, this is actually a blooper for Underground then? I will have to catch that ep again when it airs, I have the dvds for SG1 but not Atlantis yet. It was funny hearing him say Joe. I have to say, it's odd no one caught it, not in filming, editing, not any of the actors not even Joe, now that's a blooper.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                Oh my, there's an interesting goof.

A number of the shots through the front windshield of the jumper on the mainland show a frosted glass "J2" between the dash and the window. So uh....either they goofed, because the Ancients didn't use our alphabet; or they goofed, because it's extremely unlikely that frosted glass window tools would be among the things they brought along
                I never even noticed!!
                sigpic

Comment

Joe Mallozzi's notes on this episode:
                  THE STORM (110)

While his first Stargate script, Childhood’s End, saw Martin Gero getting a feel for the new series, these two episodes saw him hit his stride. As far as Stargate mid-season two-parters go, I think The Storm/The Eye combo is pretty damn hard to beat. The suspense mounts as the storm of the century approaches, Atlantis scrambles to respond and, just when it seems it can’t get any worse, enter one of Atlantis’s most fearsome villains: Acastus Kolya. It’s Die Hard on a floating city wracked by a hurriciane as Sheppard attempts to stay one step ahead of the Genii commander who seemingly holds all the cards in holding Weir and McKay. There are some tense moments, terrific action and, sprinkled throughout, flashes of Gero’s trademark humor. The amusing back-and-forth between McKay and Zelenka develops what will become one of the most enjoyable (to watch) working relationships in Stargate’s lengthy run. Lord Smeadon, excised from Martin’s first draft of Childhood’s End, makes a reappearance here – with a vengeance.
                  http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...arter-and-win/
                  sigpic

Comment

I do love how raddic and rodney got to work together so well in this ep.

Comment

Shep really is a very bad negotiator and it's no wonder the Atlantis expedition became known to the other worlds in Pegasus as the bullies on the block. I'd seriously consider an alliance with the Genii myself if I were in their position.

On the other hand, the situation on Atlantis does give us the chance to see Shep shine in his natural element as a military man.

Comment

I thought this was the best episode since Episode 1 of SGA.

So our friend from Glee was back in this episode (or made his first appearance overall, since this aired 2 years before 200). And he got to torture McKay.

I can't wait for part 2.

Tomorrow, how will our heroes take back Atlantis.
                        sigpic

Comment

Listening to the commentary MW noted that the scenes with the puddlejumper on the mainland were all filmed on a bright sunny day in Vancouver. If you look in the overhead shots you can see these strong shadows on the ground from the sunshine. In the midst of all the fake rain. Ironic that the one day they wanted to film in rain it's actually sunny in Vancouver.

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
                            So our friend from Glee was back in this episode (or made his first appearance overall, since this aired 2 years before 200). And he got to torture McKay.
                            Iz totally

Comment

My LiveJournal post
                              Wow, a bit of a nail biter or what?
                              "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                              "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                              "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                              "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                              >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

I wasn't really looking forward to watching this ep again because I've seen it so many times.

But I still ended up enjoying it. It is one of the better Genii eps.

Pretty huge storm. Does make sense with the planet being mostly water. The Genii couldn't have picked a worse time to show up.

Point of the story. Don't mess with the Shep.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X