• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Catsitter
    No, I don't think they would.
    and what did they in lost boys/hive?
    Spoiler:
    going to a base of operation ->hive ship and want to blow it up.
    or in The Tower
    Spoiler:
    we just take the drone sbecause we need them
    or Michael
    Spoiler:
    sure we mess with a life of another beeing

I mean it's not that diffrent. if they'd be in the same situation they'd do it. Besides if you talk about RL it happens all the time.
    Don't Voyagernize Atlantis!
    Which actors do you wanne see? Gatedoku Kavan Smith Secondary Atlantis Ladies Torri Connor Trineer Claudia Black McShep
    If You Wanne Live, Don't Go To Atlantis, People Die There Like Flies!
    "There are rules. Don't talk with your mouth full. Don't open an airlock when someone's inside. Don't lie about your genetic status." - Jack in Statistical Probabilities

Comment

Originally posted by Orovingwen
      and what did they in lost boys/hive?
      Spoiler:
      going to a base of operation ->hive ship and want to blow it up.
      or in The Tower
      Spoiler:
      we just take the drone sbecause we need them
      or Michael
      Spoiler:
      sure we mess with a life of another beeing

I mean it's not that diffrent. if they'd be in the same situation they'd do it. Besides if you talk about RL it happens all the time.
      Sorry, I didn't have time to explain myself earlier, but anyway,
      Spoiler:
      There is a difference between killing the Wraith and killing humans, or at least there is in the minds of "our boys". There is an argument for saying that any pre-emptive strike against the Wraith is by way of being self-defence, anyway. And as for Lost Boys / The Hive, the plan was Ford's in the first place, and he is mad, so he doesn't count! The drones in The Tower are useless to the people of that city because their ZPM is (conveniently) completely drained anyway, and taking the drones isn't the same as killing or torturing people anyway.

But as for "The Storm", "our boys" would not have killed those "bacon guys" rather than stun them; even Sora was shocked at that. If "we" found the Genii or another group of humans in an Ancient city, "we" wouldn't set out to take it by force. Would we?

Not got as long to discuss this as I thought since the kids want to go on the computer now...
      Please... leave the touching to the experts.

Comment

Originally posted by Catsitter
        Sorry, I didn't have time to explain myself earlier, but anyway,
        Spoiler:
        There is a difference between killing the Wraith and killing humans, or at least there is in the minds of "our boys". There is an argument for saying that any pre-emptive strike against the Wraith is by way of being self-defence, anyway. And as for Lost Boys / The Hive, the plan was Ford's in the first place, and he is mad, so he doesn't count! The drones in The Tower are useless to the people of that city because their ZPM is (conveniently) completely drained anyway, and taking the drones isn't the same as killing or torturing people anyway.

But as for "The Storm", "our boys" would not have killed those "bacon guys" rather than stun them; even Sora was shocked at that. If "we" found the Genii or another group of humans in an Ancient city, "we" wouldn't set out to take it by force. Would we?

Not got as long to discuss this as I thought since the kids want to go on the computer now...
        Spoiler:
        oh yeah sure the Wraith are evil because they wanne eat us *rolleyes* does the zebra think teh lio is evil? or are humans evil because they eat animals? we are even killing animals without eating them. Dolphins - more intelligent then we are - dieing because of the nets for fish. Or we kill sturgeon to get abnd eat their babies! (caviar). So onyl becaus ehuans aren't "used to" have enemies they are evil? of course you have to fight them, of course you have to it's ot only your isntinct to do. But that doesn't make it evil.

sure say every "bad" plan is from a crazy guy. he isn't crazy or insane. He changed and he maybe not seeing some points but that happens also to "our" people.

my pont in taking the ZPMs is that it's "we take what we need" - politic not abotu how big the damage is or not. As for the Genii: they think they just take some supplies the 'lantians can effort. They'd get them if they'd done the deal. and uuh "our" people only stun because they have stunners. Look around din the RL aren't stunners and they do kill people in order to take over/secure the place. So yes we would kill people. You see that in SG-1 all the time but I think you'd say here "only Goa'ult" so.. hey who cares anyway the world is black and white and we are the light that has to fight against the dark site...

I'm just against this "because we do it it's the right thing" no defenetly not. There are times I really think they didn't do th eright thing but it's not about doing the right thing (on a TV show) it's about showing that everybody can make mistakes, that there isn't always "a right thing to do" sometime sit's just aout the decision how bad it goes, in which direction ýou go/take it. And good intentions can't justify an action. it explains and maybe it's a reason to do it.

As for the torture thingy..yes "we" do it.
        Spoiler:
        there are more examples in sg-1 but in SGA -> Kavanagh (they decided to do it) -> Caldwell-Goa'ult -> Steve -> Michael (yes I and Michael see it as such)
        Which actors do you wanne see? Gatedoku Kavan Smith Secondary Atlantis Ladies Torri Connor Trineer Claudia Black McShep
        "There are rules. Don't talk with your mouth full. Don't open an airlock when someone's inside. Don't lie about your genetic status." - Jack in Statistical Probabilities

Comment

Why? I liek teh Genii and exspecially Kolya! ok in this eisode(s) they are a bit evil but... hey in brotherhood that was so cool with teh "terrorist" that's actually true^^ *note to my self: write something in the brotherhood thread*
          I mean from their prospective it's not a bad actiaon "our guys" would do the same

lol fair enough but Koyla is one of the main characters i hate, he just gets under my skin.

------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Dr McKay
            lol fair enough but Koyla is one of the main characters i hate, he just gets under my skin.
            apropos love to hate. why? why can you lov eto hate someone? I mean I liek a charcater or I don't like him.. it's teh same with Kolya he's an asswhole but I Like him. why? well I know /knew) a guy likehim) and I hated him he hated me but we got along, we uses eachother (in the meaning iof If I do somethign for you you hav eto do somethign for me and the otehr way 'round) btu we also managed to have kinda fun together. And I think it's the same with him. So it's not L"ove to hate" just I liekd the relationship I had with this guy and I think you could have such a "nice" relationship with him if you know how to handle him.
            But for example I really don't like Ford and Teyla so I just don't like them and I hate to not not like them actually.
            i don't hate Kolya I love this guy. for real. Like him better then Shep^^ And Robert Davi is sexier *hide*

Comment

apropos love to hate. why? why can you lov eto hate someone? I mean I liek a charcater or I don't like him.. it's teh same with Kolya he's an asswhole but I Like him. why? well I know /knew) a guy likehim) and I hated him he hated me but we got along, we uses eachother (in the meaning iof If I do somethign for you you hav eto do somethign for me and the otehr way 'round) btu we also managed to have kinda fun together. And I think it's the same with him. So it's not L"ove to hate" just I liekd the relationship I had with this guy and I think you could have such a "nice" relationship with him if you know how to handle him.
              But for example I really don't like Ford and Teyla so I just don't like them and I hate to not not like them actually.
              i don't hate Kolya I love this guy. for real. Like him better then Shep^^ And Robert Davi is sexier *hide*
              i suppose its just that i get frustraded at those stupid guys that were in the gate room that let the genii in to begin with and the fact that they were trying to steal the city, its not so much that i hate the characters really its just the episode gets me annoyed.

------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Dr McKay
                i suppose its just that i get frustraded at those stupid guys that were in the gate room that let the genii in to begin with and the fact that they were trying to steal the city, its not so much that i hate the characters really its just the episode gets me annoyed.
                ah ok I understand.
                yeah, I get often frustrated by plotlines
                But you're tright, I mean if there'd be an attack they should have be in defense positions and not walking right to the stargate where every sec a stunner-blast (is that a word?) can come through.
                about stealing the city.. actually not stealing only taking over^^ the city is a bit hard to put in your pocket and take it with you nah, to be serious, I mean it's actually a good plan from the Genii's POV. instead of just getting supplies they get a new better base of opperation where they are mostly undetected by the Wraith (wt leat they might think that). And they don't have to deal with too many people. Only 5, besides they kill 2 and don't know about the other 5 on the mainland.
                I only don't like Ford in here.. jeez this lil boy *rolleyes*

Comment

Dr McKay said:
                  ive re-watched this episode and every time it infuriates me, i end up shouting, swearing and spitting at it. *when i say spitting i mean like spitting fire - if that makes sence* the genii really really really get on my man boobs!
                  I only recently started watching SGA (I finished watching all the episodes of SG-1 so far over the last few months!) and I've been putting off watching this episode for a while because I dislike the Genii SOOOO much. I don't really know what it is about them that bothers me. When I try to look at the show objectively, I see that they're very interesting characters. They're totally focused on trying preparing themselves to deal with the Wraith and they're totally unscruplous in their methods. Maybe that's what bugs me the most - that they're not bad guys in the same way the Gou'ald or Ori or Wraith are - purely evil and fighting humans because they are power/food hungry.

Ah well. Gotta watch the second half to see how they get out of this jam. Personally, I hope we don't see too much more of the Genii. I'm kinda hoping they get their butts kicked by the Wraith.
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Sheppherd wet - so hot but he is completely dry in his next scene, 5 minutes later lol.
                    sigpic
                    Beckett: What shall ah say?
                    Ford: Uh...Uh... I miss you... I wish you were here?
                    Beckett: I wish who was here?
                    Ford: Uh.... I dunno who do you wish was here?
                    Beckett: Nobody I wish I wasn't bloody here.

Comment

Well, I'm with many other women...Sheppard all wet...is just enjoyable to watch. I loved this episode. You got to see the military action that Sheppard has. He's always 1 step ahead of Kolya.

I thought Ford was being a little immature...when he, Beckett and Teyla were in the Jumper in the hurricane and he wanted to fly out. Doesn't he understand how stupid that is? Beckett had the right idea to wait it out until it passes. I know that he wants to help Sheppard...but Beckett was right when he told Ford that they won't be any help to Sheppard if they are dead.

McKay showed how brave he could be...stepping in front of a gun. I don't think Weir was expecting that...as seeing she always sees the nervous and scared Rodney...this was that 'save the day' Rodney.

But, I have to say this whole episode was great and showed how well Sheppard can work by being in the dark and keeping a level head on his shoulders the whole time.

Comment

I loved this episode very much, and have seen this episode 5 times so far. Sheppard was very good in this episode and it showed how focused he was at keeping a level head, while everything was going on.His acting was very good in it. I give this episode a 10 out of 10.

http://galaxygate.freeforums.org/index.php
                        Come and join My Doctor Who fourm....
                        http://galactictraveler.proboards.com/index.cgi

Comment

One of my favorite episodes of the series. I just got to the part where the Genii just get onto Atlantis. I loved Sora's face/expression and how surprised she was by Koyla killing those two guards I love ya sora!!

Comment

Yea, she did seem real shocked at it, BUT then again had no problem twisting that Athosian farmer's arm..

Comment

The Storm/The Eye was the first moment I knew for a fact that I'd be buying seasons two & three (Just watched 'em all), the Die Hard thing with Shep was excellent.

Season four-needing Chrisisall
                              Late to the Gate

Comment

sheppard owns in this one, and kolya is amazing

Comment

Working...
                                X