Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
    Spoiler:
    It was a fun episode to watch on so many different levels.
    Woosely was great, Rodney and Daniel were fantastic together - loved all their facial expressions and how Rodney just can't stop competing with the men. And it was great that Sheppard had to rely on Radek to help him out.
    Not enough Teyla though.

I found it interesting that they showed Sheppard in the previews for part 2 but not Zelenka. If they are trying to toy with fans, thinking that Radek is dead, I don't think it's gonna work.

How'd did you like the safety goggles Radek was wearing?! And the faces he was making as he was cutting - hummmm, did we see alittle tongue or was it the way his lips were moving - guess I gotta watch again to know for sure!
    Spoiler:
    Oh, I loved that scene! Zelenka doing sciency stuff! Just where he belongs and where I love him. And for once he wasn't the one who had to compete with Rodney! I did of course also love the scenes with Rodney and Daniel, and the bickering about Shepard being a potential Mensa-member and Todd of course, and and and.

The one thing which I am really wondering about is the gateroom: How will they ever explain this and do we will see it again? I hope there will be no deus-ex-machina -gateroom-repair-device.
    The cake is a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
      Spoiler:
      Oh, I loved that scene! Zelenka doing sciency stuff! Just where he belongs and where I love him. And for once he wasn't the one who had to compete with Rodney! I did of course also love the scenes with Rodney and Daniel, and the bickering about Shepard being a potential Mensa-member and Todd of course, and and and.

The one thing which I am really wondering about is the gateroom: How will they ever explain this and do we will see it again? I hope there will be no deus-ex-machina -gateroom-repair-device.

Spoiler:
      That scene was fun. Radek was doing something other than just talking or being in the background.

Todd was amazing in this episode. Really commanding and more intidimating then in past episdoes. I was suprised his reaction to the device was one where he thought the team had betrayed the Wraith, especially given their past history of an uneasy alliance.

I hope they keep the gateroom a mess for a few episodes and show them actually doing repair work, though first I want to see how Radek and John get out of the mess.

Originally posted by Tal
      David posted a blog in case anyone's interested.

Also, just finished watching the latest ep - wow! But I know how part 2 is going to start!
      Thanks Tal for the blog alert.

Do you have an inside connection to know how part 2 will start??!!
      sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Do you have an inside connection to know how part 2 will start??!!
        LOL I wish! No, I just guessed - but I'm 90% sure I'm right!

Here's what I think is going to happen...

Spoiler:
        Zelenka (or maybe Shep) has a sudden last second thought that if they transfer the shield around themselves right before the gate blows, it'll be enough to protect them from the blast

Comment

Spoiler:
          It was a fun episode to watch on so many different levels.
          Woosely was great, Rodney and Daniel were fantastic together - loved all their facial expressions and how Rodney just can't stop competing with the men. And it was great that Sheppard had to rely on Radek to help him out.
          Not enough Teyla though.

I found it interesting that they showed Sheppard in the previews for part 2 but not Zelenka. If they are trying to toy with fans, thinking that Radek is dead, I don't think it's gonna work.

How'd did you like the safety goggles Radek was wearing?! And the faces he was making as he was cutting - hummmm, did we see alittle tongue or was it the way his lips were moving - guess I gotta watch again to know for sure!
          Spoiler:

I loved the dynamic between Rodney and Daniel. They had me in stitches, repeatedly! As Shep said, they make a great team.

Radek's faces while he was cutting were great. Also, when the self-destruct light began flashing on the armor, I said out loud "Uh oh" right before he did! That made me laugh.

I loved Shep's faith in Zelenka. "You can do it, Radek!"

Originally posted by Tal View Post

Spoiler:
          Zelenka (or maybe Shep) has a sudden last second thought that if they transfer the shield around themselves right before the gate blows, it'll be enough to protect them from the blast
          Spoiler:
          That sounds like a great idea!

Comment

Originally posted by Tal View Post

Spoiler:
            Either that or

Spoiler:
            Zelenka and Sheppard learn to run very very fast!

Originally posted by belivision
            Spoiler:
            I loved Shep's faith in Zelenka. "You can do it, Radek!"
            Spoiler:
            Sheppard's patience with Radek in this episode was nice. There were a few times where Radek hesitated, and Shep wasn't mean to him, just very direct and full of confidence. We haven't seen much of that for Radek except with Elizabeth . Adrift was another one where Shep was great with Radek.
            sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
              Sheppard's patience with Radek in this episode was nice. There were a few times where Radek hesitated, and Shep wasn't mean to him, just very direct and full of confidence. We haven't seen much of that for Radek except with Elizabeth . Adrift was another one where Shep was great with Radek.
              Spoiler:
              I agree! Also, someone in the LJ reviews made a very good point about how at the very end of First Contact, there might have been nothing Shep could really do, but he wouldn't leave Radek to face the danger alone. I loved that.

Comment

Originally posted by belevision View Post
                Spoiler:
                I agree! Also, someone in the LJ reviews made a very good point about how at the very end of First Contact, there might have been nothing Shep could really do, but he wouldn't leave Radek to face the danger alone. I loved that.
                Spoiler:

Shep really isn't the kind of character who would willing leave someone like Radek to face danger alone.

sigpic

Comment

Ah, yes. The ep wherein Zelenka was on a 22 minute countdown to painful death (assuming the through-and-through's damage had a combined area of only 1/8") with a puncture wound through his leg and yet still completed his assigned task with no mistakes and without crying. I bet if he hadn't had to pause while Sheppard adjusted his suit's conrols he would have even been on time.

Spoiler:
                  Zelenka was awesome in tonight's ep. He absofraggingloutely did Rodney's job. He SAVED THE CITY ALL BY HIMSELF. Granted, it was Sheppard's idea because it's the Sheppard and Keller Show now, but still. Thunder, noise, lightning, work. ^^

In my opinion, he and Daniel were the only things good about this ep. And they were very good.

And to celebrate, some caps from "Eureka."

Spoiler:

Like everyone on this thread (except Pajus and presumambly Tim) hasn't wanted to do that.

I really hated her character. For some reason the "I didn't mind my spuse hating having an affair; I know I'm not (good) enough for her" thing only makes me hate the cheating spouse a lot more, not less.

And one from "Duet"

Spoiler:

Deep down, they're both thinking the same thing: if something happens to him, that sort of crap becomes my job.

DragonLady
                  "I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then, and I am not saying anything now." -- Delenn

Comment

Great pics, Rosehawk and DragonLady!

I need to watch that episode of Eureka again; it's mostly lost in the foggy mist that is my memory. But I do remember-
                    Spoiler:
                    really not liking the cheating spouse thing, at all.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonLadyK View Post
                      And one from "Duet"

Spoiler:
                      http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...f/dtsg1_48.jpg
                      Deep down, they're both thinking the same thing: if something happens to him, that sort of crap becomes my job.

DragonLady
                      Aaaaaaahhh - the German scientist. That lady had MY job! And she even had some lines to say. In German! There is still room for a female assistant to Radek in Atlantis
                      The cake is a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by belevision View Post
                        Great pics, Rosehawk and DragonLady!

I need to watch that episode of Eureka again; it's mostly lost in the foggy mist that is my memory. But I do remember-
                        Spoiler:
                        really not liking the cheating spouse thing, at all.
                        It was a fun episode. I hope they bring his character back, David had said last year on his blog it was a possiblity depending on the storyline.

Spoiler:
                        while the cheating spouse surprised me, it didn't bother me too much because there was no deception involved in the relationship and it worked well into the storyline. No I am not advocating cheating so don't read that into what I just wrote. I know from personal experience just how painful that is and just how deep a cheating spouse can take the deception.

I loved the tenderness that the character used when explaining the situation to the Eureka crew. I melted at how David said those lines, his voice was very gentle and very very tender. Though I have to admit the lines were also very ackward for David Nykl fans to listen too, especially when we thunk one of his most beloved characters that he has brought to life on the screen!

Though I have to admit it took until the second viewing before I didn't cringe at the cheating spouse storyline.

Originally posted by iolanda
                        Aaaaaaahhh - the German scientist. That lady had MY job! And she even had some lines to say. In German! There is still room for a female assistant to Radek in Atlantis
                        I have German in my ancestory, does that count! Who says Radek needs just ONE female assistant!
                        Last edited by Rosehawk; 28 September 2008, 08:41 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

soooooooooooooo
                          I heard on the Anti-Keller thread(s) that dis waz de place to come.
                          HII!!!
                          Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                          Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

*looks suspicious*

As long as you don't bring any Anti-Keller here (I like her, you know):

Welcome

@ Rosehawk: There is definitely enough need for more than just one female assistant
                            The cake is a lie!

Comment

*looks suspicious*

As long as you don't bring any Anti-Keller here (I like her, you know):

Welcome

@ Rosehawk: There is definitely enough need for more than just one female assistant
                              Hun, I am Anti-Keller. Get over it. But I will be nice and save that for the Anti-Keller and threads. OK???

So. Zelenka. *loves* *hugs* *squesses really tight*
                              Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                              Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC
                                soooooooooooooo
                                I heard on the Anti-Keller thread(s) that dis waz de place to come.
                                HII!!!
                                Welcome on board to the Zelenka thread. The sexiest scientist on Atlantis.

Oh goody. *claps hands* and enjoys the lovely Radek view.

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X