No announcement yet.

Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No I don't think it would, as you say he's an endering character that can bring relief to the show with so little effort, says a lot for the actor too

Comment

Yeah I was referring more to David Nykl than to the character there, just looking at his dialogue with a less skilled actor Radek would not be half as endearing as he is now.

In fact as I recall them saying with a less talanted actor the character would never have been brought back!

An Atlantis without Radek, I'm going to have nightmares now...

Will green intelligent debates, not just those who share my views. Challenge - always.

Comment

I couldn't see Radek played by another actor, a lot of radek's endering qualities are in his expressions and David Nykl does that wonderfully

Comment

And his hair, you can't forget the hair, that's a big part of Radek

Will green intelligent debates, not just those who share my views. Challenge - always.

Comment

The Mad Scientist look is every inch Radek

Comment

It's amazing how much a single physical trait can help define a character. There's someone on the net with these wonderful little characetures of Zelenka in the form of...chibis I think they're called. Don't know if you've seen them, I'll see if I can find a link.

Comment

Cool conversation you guys!

David is definitely what makes Zelenka so great! He does so much with his eyes, facial and body expressions. The accent and hair are added bonuses

I would really loved to see a Zelenka episode, maybe a Zelenka, Beckett thing. David does alot with so little, just think of what he could do with more! David is a very very talented actor and I would love to see more.

He may be a recurring character on the show but to me David has made Zelenka a main character.
                Last edited by Rosehawk; 25 July 2006, 05:29 PM.
                sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Okay, since we were talking about David/Zelenka's expressions, here's a pic.

I think I am finally getting the hang of pics. Some of the people here are Gateworld have been so very helpful and friendly!!!!

Spoiler:

Does it bother Radek since he has become the expert on puddle jumpers that he doesn't have the ancient gene to make it fly?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk
                    Does it bother Radek since he has become the expert on puddle jumpers that he doesn't have the ancient gene to make it fly?
                    I think he's more annoyed than bothered, it must be annoying to have to ask Rodney, Sheppard, Beckett or Miko to activate Ancient things for him

Comment

When we speak about David. Do you know he was here last year? In Czech Republic? I wrote a transcipt of a questions and a report. I am sorry for my English but I tried my best
                      Just scroll down, it´s almost down, third or fourth post in LJ

http://klenotka.livejournal.com/

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk
                        Spoiler:

Nice cap Rosehawk

I would imagine, knowing Radek he's quite releaved he doesn't have to go flying about in jumpers all that often. Although I would imagine it a bit of an inconvenience to him in the lab some days, I think it's something he's quite happy with.

Thanks for the link Klenotka, can't check it out just now but will do later

Comment

Thanks.

When the discussion was about David's expressions, I saw this pic and just loved it.

Given Radek's personality, I kinda of figured that Radek would probably be frustrated from the lab perspective, especially if he has to ask Rodney but probably quite relieved that he wouldn't have to fly it and be asked to go on missions like Beckett.

Thanks Klenotka - will check it out later when I have more time. Just stopped in for a few minutes to have lunch at home. Speaking of work.......

Gotta go!
                          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I'd imagine he's sort of see it as a mixed blessing. I'd imagine it would be a sort of a mixed blessing. Unless you were Carson, who doesn't seem to see the up side of it at all

Comment

Could you see the two of them on a mission together in a puddle jumper.

Carson: "I'm a doctor not a pilot, get the damn gene yourself Radek so you can test fly this thing."
                              Radek: I'd have the gene if your gene therapy worked on everyone, Carson.
                              Carson: Get better genes
                              Radek: My genes are just fine thank you.
                              Carson: Then you fly this thing
                              Radek: No, that's okay, you are doing fine.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by silverdamascus
                                From the "Rodney stop being an idiot, go away!" to the "I hate you all" pout, to the "Elizabeth's back!" dance...
                                I was just reading that out loud to my sister whilst trying to compete with the box fan. After reading the words '"Elizabeth's back!" dance' out loud, my sister repeated in a puzzled voice...

"Elizabeth smack dance?"

Originally posted by Reefgirl
                                The Mad Scientist look is every inch Radek
                                Yes, those Germanic-types command the whole Mad Scientist look pretty mightily.

*Purrs*
                                [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

Working...
                                X