Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hiccups View Post
    I think it's more like in Paint Your Wagon where Clint Eastwood says, "I don't gamble." Then Lee Marvin says, "Neither does he." If Radek always wins, who says it's a gamble? (And no, I'm not saying he cheats. I'm just saying he knows the numbers.)
    Part of gambling is knowing the opponent - it's not just about numbers. Radek knows that Rodney always has to be number 1 so his odds of winning a bet are probably higher because Rodney's going to take a bet where he thinks he knows everything and Radek can see where Rodney's ego would get in the way of good judgement.

Plus it's fun to see Radek get one over on Rodney...he gets abuse so much of the other time by Rodney!

Nayari - Gateworld was acting up yesterday so what you are experiencing might be part of that problem. I need to go check in with the mods to find out what is going on. Frustrating yes.... Just keep thinking Radek...Radek...Radek...
    Last edited by Rosehawk; 05 September 2011, 08:30 AM.
    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Radek...Radek...Radek...

sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

*splutters from bucket of cold water* M'fine. Don't know where the water came from...someone mentioned a shirtless Czech and my poor innocent brain cell went boom. Now I have to get BoBL...still want a Nykl BoBL head doll too. hehe *does cannon ball into deeeeep end of the gutter* C'mon in ladies,Radek says the water's just right. lol More Czech shots please!! Woohoo!! }:O
        sigpic

Comment

I saw David at Dragon*Con this weekend (and got his autograph, chatted a couple of minutes, several hand shakes) and thought I'd share a few of the better (but sorry not great) pics I got of him. He's a super nice and fun guy.

John Sheppard - thunkable, whumpable but absolutely NOT shippable - he's mine and I'm keeping him.

sigpic
          sig and avi by mrscopterdoc for Secret Santa 2015
          Recommended Sheppard/Team Sheppard Fics

Comment

I saw David at Dragon*Con this weekend (and got his autograph, chatted a couple of minutes, several hand shakes) and thought I'd share a few of the better (but sorry not great) pics I got of him. He's a super nice and fun guy.

John Sheppard - thunkable, whumpable but absolutely NOT shippable - he's mine and I'm keeping him.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the pix Taris-eirien!! You gonna post a con report anywhere? *puppy dog eyes* More Nykl news and pix please!! Woohoo!! }:O
              sigpic

Comment

Thank you, Taris!
                sigpic

Comment

Nice pictures taris-eirien. Thanks for sharing. Got any fun stories to share as well? We are all feeling a bit Nykl deprived right now!
                  sigpic

Comment

Talked to David Nykl a bit when I got his autograph. He is so very nice. He didn't know why Joe had to cancel so I got to tell him. I think he shook my hand like 3 times and he remembered me when I brought my sister back to get an autograph for herself.

sigpic

Comment

David had alot of fun at all the panels. He, Christopher H. and Amanda were funny at their panel. They took over the microphones, left the stage and ran the panel themselves from the floor. David and Chris were out in the audience area taking the fans questions themselves.

That was great fun but made it pretty much impossible to get a good picture from where I was sitting.

sigpic

Comment

David would run around alot and stand on chairs so he could see the audience and we could see him. I think he sat on the back of the chair for the hour he spent with just the SG track room.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by taris-eirien View Post
                          Talked to David Nykl a bit when I got his autograph. He is so very nice. He didn't know why Joe had to cancel so I got to tell him. I think he shook my hand like 3 times and he remembered me when I brought my sister back to get an autograph for ]herself.
                          Cool. David is really good about remembering names and faces. He's wonderful with fans!

David had alot of fun at all the panels. He, Christopher H. and Amanda were funny at their panel. They took over the microphones, left the stage and ran the panel themselves from the floor. David and Chris were out in the audience area taking the fans questions themselves.

That was great fun but made it pretty much impossible to get a good picture from where I was sitting.
                          That would have been fun to see. All three are high energy and very entertaining just on their own to watch. To put them in a panel together...must have been awesome!

David would run around alot and stand on chairs so he could see the audience and we could see him. I think he sat on the back of the chair for the hour he spent with just the SG track room.
                          Silly man!
                          sigpic

Comment

Yes, thanks indeed!
                            sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

"Silly man"

But that's why we like him RH! Well, that and all the hair. (Just kidding about the hair.)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X