No announcement yet.

John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have a right to be proud, Lauriel!! A whumper at such a tender age. It must be genetic! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Lorr View Post
      You have a right to be proud, Lauriel!! A whumper at such a tender age. It must be genetic! LOL
      The younger the better.

Great training Lauriel!
      Chicago Con Attendee 2011
      Chicago Con Attendee 2010
      GateCon Attendee 2008
      Vancouver Con Attendee 2007

Comment

Hello dear Whumpers! *waves*

How did everyone's Monday go? We went to have our taxes done....glad that's over with for another year. I always get nervous and self-whump until tax season's over. What made me even more nervous was we had an hour wait until someone could help us.

So.....I'm off to catch up.

IHS
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iheartshep View Post
          I got a SGA magazine yesterday and was going through it when I got to the page with the SGA AFs. Does anyone have a Shep AF yet? He looks tempting! There's an article in the issue with the company who did the figures, and he was asked which was the best-seller. He said it was O'Neill but that Sheppard's was selling well also. I want one!

IHS
          I have the two Shep AFs - he looks a lot better than the SG1 ones look. Prion pointed out I can play my own version of Doppelganger!

Originally posted by scifan View Post
          Happy Birthday Salty.

Thanks!! And thanks for the pics!! I want to use it as a siggie but it's spoilery
          Originally posted by Lauriel View Post
          Sherry and Salty - A belated Happy Birthday to both of you.

Thanks!!

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
          *sigh* Am gettin GW withdrawal symptoms. They are cracking down at work on internet use and have sent an email round this morning saying certain sites (e.g. Facebook) will be blocked during work hours.. GW doesn't seem to be blocked but obviously they are monitoring this stuff so to be safe I'm having to stay away from GW outside of lunch time and before/after work hours.
          Well that completely sucks! Although I can't imagine how any of you get work done if you have access to GW!!!

Did anyone else feel that the last few whump occasions have been a little too dark to really enjoy the scene? I think Shep needs a spotlight on him when he's getting whumped!!
          sigpic
          Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Salty View Post
            I have the two Shep AFs - he looks a lot better than the SG1 ones look. Prion pointed out I can play my own version of Doppelganger!

Did anyone else feel that the last few whump occasions have been a little too dark to really enjoy the scene? I think Shep needs a spotlight on him when he's getting whumped!!
            Amen to that!
            Chicago Con Attendee 2011
            Chicago Con Attendee 2010
            GateCon Attendee 2008
            Vancouver Con Attendee 2007

Comment

Originally posted by pisces27 View Post
              Thanks scifan.

The multiquote doesn't seem to be working for me today
              NP. Pisces.

Originally posted by *Erika* View Post
              Thanks for the good luck wishes. I always get a bit aprehensive with young patients.

Boooo! Have to go, my student will arrive at any second... And no net back home because the new easy to install modem is not so easy to install... Ack!
              I hope all goes well.

I've only just started, so I haven't got to the vascular system yet. I'll keep that in mind though, thanks! See - you do learn through Shep whump!

Btw, I watched Midway the other day with my daughter, and one of her first comments was
              Spoiler:
              "But there was no Shep whump!" (besides that little bit, of course)
              I've trained her well. *iz proud*
              I bet you are proud.
              Spoiler:
              I was proud of my son when he did a story for first grade about SGA. Shep's his favorite.

How did everyone's Monday go? We went to have our taxes done....glad that's over with for another year. I always get nervous and self-whump until tax season's over. What made me even more nervous was we had an hour wait until someone could help us.

IHS
              I hope all went well then.

Thanks!! And thanks for the pics!! I want to use it as a siggie but it's spoilery

Thanks!!

Well that completely sucks! Although I can't imagine how any of you get work done if you have access to GW!!!

NP. Hun. I thought of that after. I'm so Sorry. I have a sig that is under my main sig and it's under spoiler tag to, but I know it's not the same.
              Sorry again. You can ask mods, because some caps they will let go because they are not spoiling the plot of the ep.

Comment

Originally posted by LtCdrFlygirl View Post
                "Shep Whumpage"? Could be fun!!! Mind if I join in?
                I brought a bit of bribery....oops, I meant a 'present'!
                How 'bout some "Travelers" whumpage?

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/a...velers9654.jpg
                Flygirl! It is always great to have new friends to help whump Shep!

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                *sigh* Am gettin GW withdrawal symptoms. They are cracking down at work on internet use and have sent an email round this morning saying certain sites (e.g. Facebook) will be blocked during work hours.. GW doesn't seem to be blocked but obviously they are monitoring this stuff so to be safe I'm having to stay away from GW outside of lunch time andbefore/after work hours.
                I am so glad my place of employment is so small that we don't block anything. We aren't even networked. The only way they can check up on me is to actually watch me. I can play on GW any time that I want as long as the kids are busy and safe. I do have to watch the pics though. They do comment on some of them. Wouldn't want them going home to Mom and Dad and tell them their teacher likes to see this guy knocked out and bleeding. The parents might get the wrong idea.

Originally posted by rhymer View Post
                "No! You can't do that!" said the newbie billy goat gruff. "The person who posts right after me is far tastier than I am. You should eat them instead." And so the newbie billy goat gruff went "whump whump whump" over the ricketty-racketty bridge, to the other side, where Shep was waiting, defenceless, bleeding, and inexplicably without a shirt...

Er... sorry. We children's librarians sometimes find it hard to get out of the idiom.
                LOL!!!!

Welcome FlyGirl!

I just got back from being whumped by the dentist. Need a root canal and 2 teeth crowned. Ouch for my bank account.

I need some Shep whumping instead.

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m...251/buldge.jpg

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m...251/blood1.jpg
                Ack a root canal. I probably need two of them but I won't head to the Dentist until I absolutely have to.

Good morning whumpers! *waves madly*

How is everyone today?

Welcome to the thread Flygirl!

I was revising some anatomy yesterday, and all I could think of was all the possibilities for Shep whump. Is that wrong?
                What could possibly be wrong with that. We love our whump to be correct!

I've only just started, so I haven't got to the vascular system yet. I'll keep that in mind though, thanks! See - you do learn through Shep whump!

Btw, I watched Midway the other day with my daughter, and one of her first comments was
                Spoiler:
                "But there was no Shep whump!" (besides that little bit, of course)
                I've trained her well. *iz proud*
                Way to Go!! Get them while they are young so they grow up properly.

IHS
                My BIL is an accountant and he does our taxes for a steak dinner. It makes this time of year so much easier.

Your own version of DG!! I would never leave the house!!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by McKayRocks! View Post
                  Are you all happy whumpers for Season 5 then? Apologies but I have not been able to catch up with this thread - it has too many posts!

Mx
                  What? You're not gonna sit there until your butt goes numb catching up on posts?

Thanks Linzi. Getting a crown isn't so bad, it's the root canal that's a pain and then the expense, my insurance only pays 50%. Good luck to you.

I didn't read that Sheppy whump fic...Ouch!
                  I'm with you! My last root canal I took enough painkillers to make me loopy (MIL was scared to leave me with MiniSalty!) and the infection in the tooth left me in bed with a fever for a whole morning - come to think of it, I think that was the last time I was able to sleep back 7am!

Originally posted by Linzi View Post

I've just been thinking about 38 Minutes. Did any of you know there's whump in that episode?
                  Really??? The kind that makes you sweaty and gives you the tummy tumbles???

So after almost 4 seasons, what has been your favorite whump in an ep? I think I have yet to see really satisfying whump - the bloody kind where Shep really suffers and has to endure pain and suffering. I mean, CG
                  Spoiler:
                  should really have had some beatdowns from Kolya, and whereas we got good beatdown in Doppelganger, Shep never really got bloody, did he?

Ok, maybe
                  Spoiler:
                  Travellers come the closest - repetitive hits causing blood to spill.
                  Ok, I'll go with that one
                  Last edited by Salty; 18 February 2008, 05:25 PM. Reason: thought of an ep :)
                  sigpic
                  Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

What? You're not gonna sit there until your butt goes numb catching up on posts?
                    What point are you trying to make here, Salty? I'll expect a detailed response by the time I've stretched my legs to allow circulation to return.

So after almost 4 seasons, what has been your favorite whump in an ep? I think I have yet to see really satisfying whump - the bloody kind where Shep really suffers and has to endure pain and suffering. I mean, CG
                    Spoiler:
                    should really have had some beatdowns from Kolya, and whereas we got good beatdown in Doppelganger, Shep never really got bloody, did he?

Ok, maybe
                    Spoiler:
                    Travellers come the closest - repetitive hits causing blood to spill.
                    Ok, I'll go with that one
                    Ooh! CG is still my favourite whump,
                    Spoiler:
                    regardless of lack of smackdowns from Kolya (which would have been fun to watch as well.)
                    The whole episode was just so SQUEEEEEEEEEEE!!
                    sigpic
                    My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

Ooh! CG is still my favourite whump,
                      Spoiler:
                      regardless of lack of smackdowns from Kolya (which would have been fun to watch as well.)
                      The whole episode was just so SQUEEEEEEEEEEE!!
                      Mine too. The initial feeding was such a shock, but the next two were just as horrible since he knew what was coming. And his team angsting over him.... *sigh* My one complaint is the lack of follow-up.
                      sigpic
                      Sig by Luciana
                      My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Hey guys. I'm posting this only because of some sigs that were posted earlier. This is what Skydiver posted to explain spoiler caps vs. non-spoiler caps for current season eps. I hope you don't mind.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        ok, a clarification of spoiler policy for photos

this is from the faq

Spoiler warnings are required for all episodes in the seasons airing in first-run on SCI FI Channel in the U.S., and in production. (Visit GateWorld's SG-1 and Atlantis episode guides if you aren't sure which season the episode is in.)

---

now we know that photos are different.

a generic photo with no context isn't really a spoiler. For example, teyla being pregnant. now, there is a plot twist coming in seaon 5 that effects her, and there are photos out there that give away this character's fate, those photos are spoilers.

in the case of shep whump, owied shep isn't really a spoiler (i know there will be some extenuating circumstances where we'll need to look over each instance) yet there is a development in shep's back story in Outcast, THAT is a spoiler.

A good rule of thumb, if you were watching the scene that cap came from and you got 'holy crud!!!!' then you shouldn't use it without spoiler tags. If you post it and folks go 'cool, where is that from' then it's probably safe

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
                          Mine too. The initial feeding was such a shock, but the next two were just as horrible since he knew what was coming. And his team angsting over him.... *sigh* My one complaint is the lack of follow-up.
                          Agreed, mate. Still, it's the same for many of the episodes. I guess it's simply a part of current tv production, since it's not limited to SGA or SciFi in general. Ah well. That's what the imagination is for. And when it comes to Shep whump, my imagination doesn't need too much fuel.
                          sigpic

Comment

Ah well. That's what the imagination is for. And when it comes to Shep whump, my imagination doesn't need too much fuel.
                            ((((DANNI!!!!!!!)))) She's in the Whump thread! wooot!

To quote Star Wars (with a slight change!):

Luke: More whump than you can imagine!
                            Han: I dunno - I can 'imagine' quite a bit!

Oh, and elephantgirl - those captions you did for Midway...LOVE them!!! (esp. Teh Hair one!)
                            Last edited by Lt.Col.Errandboy; 18 February 2008, 06:18 PM.
                            sigpic
                            My Manips & other artwork!

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                              Hey LCE. I love your new sig.
                              What did you think about JF answering your question in Scifi interview?
                              Thanks scifan! I luv it too!!

oh, and what do i think about Joe saying my name about 6 times, then giving me such a LONG lovely answer to my question???

SQUEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

And that's the toned-down version of my reaction!!
                              sigpic
                              My Manips & other artwork!

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Col.Errandboy View Post
                                ((((DANNI!!!!!!!)))) She's in the Whump thread! wooot!

To quote Star Wars (with a slight change!):

Luke: More whump than you can imagine!
                                Han: I dunno - I can 'imagine' quite a bit!

DANA!!!!!!!!

to the SW quote.

Yup. I've come to realise today that perhaps organising to do work from home may not been as wise as it first sounded.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X