John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linzi
    I had visions of you with the monitor on your chest, being unable to breathe because of the weight!!!!
    No I've just had to make the writing on the monitor really big!

Comment

Originally posted by Josie
      No I've just had to make the writing on the monitor really big!
      Hubby had his computer connected to the TV the other day (transferring some files onto the HDD recorder I think) and so was using wireless mouse and keyboard with TV acting as monitor.... he was trying to do something to the computer settings and of course the writing was tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiny on the TV screen several feet away and after about 10 minutes of him determinedly squinting and me saying "Why don't you just move closer to the TV?" and him saying "Because I can do it this way...." and me saying "Yes, you can do it this way but it will take you twice as long as if you just move closer to the TV", he eventually looked up at me and said, "I know! I'll move closer to the TV!"

I laughed for a long time.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps
        Hubby had his computer connected to the TV the other day (transferring some files onto the HDD recorder I think) and so was using wireless mouse and keyboard with TV acting as monitor.... he was trying to do something to the computer settings and of course the writing was tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiny on the TV screen several feet away and after about 10 minutes of him determinedly squinting and me saying "Why don't you just move closer to the TV?" and him saying "Because I can do it this way...." and me saying "Yes, you can do it this way but it will take you twice as long as if you just move closer to the TV", he eventually looked up at me and said, "I know! I'll move closer to the TV!"

Ah! When it was 'his idea' it was suddenly a good one

Comment

Ah! When it was 'his idea' it was suddenly a good one
          Nahhh, he said it like that deliberately, bless him - he was trying to be funny. He does make me laugh...
          sigpic

Comment

Nahhh, he said it like that deliberately, bless him - he was trying to be funny. He does make me laugh...
            That's nice that you have someone who makes you laugh.

Comment

Oh that's men for you! Always making it seem like they're the ones who come up with the brilliant ideas!!!! How funny!
              Reminds me of the story of hubby buying discs for our new dvr last Friday. I did suggest before he went out to buy some dvd+rw's that he checked which ones our new machine supported by reading the manual, but, no... he already knew. He didn't need to read the manual. Only, when I came home after a few hours out, he was cursing and whining saying the machine wouldn't record, and was obvoiusly broken. I did ask again, if he was using the correct dvd discs, to which, naturally he was. Only after another hour of whining, he actually read the manual and discovered the machine we'd just bough DIDN'T support the particular discs he'd purchased. Do you know what he said to me? "I should have read the manual first" Only I didn't laugh, I just threw something at him!
              Edit: Threw the manual at him, good-naturedly, with no intent to maim - honest!
              sigpic

Comment

Awww, that's cute. My hubby did have the decency to say 'Yes...you told me sooo!"
                sigpic

Comment

*chortle*

Husbands are funny!
                  sigpic

Comment

*chortle*

Husbands are funny!
                    They sure can be, as well as pretty frustrating at times too! Still, we wouldn't want them any other way, would we?
                    sigpic

Comment

Btw, no go again on TWL.. *sigh*
                      sigpic

Comment

I've just had some brilliant news and just have to share it with you all. My Dad's been up the hospital this morning to get the results of his bone marrow test and it's all clear!

He still has something wrong with his white blood cells and they don't know why but for the time being this is just brilliant. Now I'm just going to have to slap him for putting us all though so much worry and stress again.

Comment

I've just had some brilliant news and just have to share it with you all. My Dad's been up the hospital this morning to get the results of his bone marrow test and it's all clear!

He still has something wrong with his white blood cells and they don't know why but for the time being this is just brilliant. Now I'm just going to have to slap him for putting us all though so much worry and stress again.
                          Josie that is Fantastic news about your dad!!! ((HUGS)) Take a deep breath....now SQUEE!!! Take the good news and run with it girl. You certainly deserve it!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks GG. It's just such a relief and at last there's some good news, everything for my family seems to have been doom and gloom for so long it's about time something went our way. And it's my brothers birthday today so it's a great present for him.

Comment

Btw, no go again on TWL.. *sigh*
                              Nooo! Well I think they're really stupid. So there!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

That's great news. Hopefully it will cheer you up a bit. I don't know, parents moan about their children causing them concern, but the oldies give us just as much worry, don't they?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X