Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McKayRocks!
    Oh goody!! I shall go off now and find it!!! Thanks

I have not heard of Johnny Gage! What was he in again and is it worth getting hold of? If he is gorgeous and there is whump then I am in!!

Mx
    He was in EMERGENCY and he was dark haired, lean and gorgeous. Heeee
    Hope you like the Chase fic.

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin7
      The thing is they've given BEN more SL and Characterization in the first ten eps of his first season on SG1 than Shep got in 30 eps of SGA. Ben isn't acting to me. Joe is a fabulous actor and deserves better stuff. Shep isn't written to be anything other than a cardboard cutout hero by the writers. It's JOE that makes Shep so amazing to watch. So Complex.

I still can't believe BB got a nom for those sci fi awards thing. Blech.

And this from someone who loved Crichton and Farscape. Yet still never though BB was an amazing actor. He just got to be OOT and Flamboyant and his limited abilities worked for him as Chricton.
      I would love to see Joe get some better stuff. The second half of season two was overall pretty awful writing in my opinion for Sheppards character. We havn't really seen much depth or characterization for him at all. This just seems really odd considering he is the lead male character. The writers seem to be trying to recreate their childhood fantasies of their favourite comic book hero. I would love to see a bit more realism invoked into his character and not have him as this flirty flyboy hero with fairly little substance.

Joe definitely makes Sheppard interesting for me and I love the little quirks and expressions he brings to the character. If it was anyone else except Joe who played this part I would probably have tuned out by now. I hope TPTB let Joe show us his range and stretch his acting abilites a bit more in season three. But so far we seem to be getting more character building for every other character except Sheppard, and even Ronan who hasn't been in the show all that long is getting a backstory episode in the very beginning of the season.

Joe is really my main reason for watching the show. I do enjoy the other characters but not as much as Joe so I really hope we get a grittier, more realistic portrayal of him in season three and definitely more whump.
      sigpic

Comment

FABULOUS Picspam, IWtB. Fabulous. **drools**

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi
          I hope this isn't OT. But, in Conversion I love the fact that Rodney's
          Spoiler:
          splinter
          seems to be causing so much more pain than Shep's
          Spoiler:
          horrible arm wound
          It cracks me up every time!
          Definitely! Especially the look on Sheppy's face as
          Spoiler:
          McKay flinches and Sheppy is just so calm saying, "I'm sure it will.." to Beckett while just giving Rodney that look that kinda says, "Are you serious?.."
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien
            I would love to see Joe get some better stuff. The second half of season two was overall pretty awful writing in my opinion for Sheppards character. We havn't really seen much depth or characterization for him at all. This just seems really odd considering he is the lead male character. The writers seem to be trying to recreate their childhood fantasies of their favourite comic book hero. I would love to see a bit more realism invoked into his character and not have him as this flirty flyboy hero with fairly little substance.

Joe definitely makes Sheppard interesting for me and I love the little quirks and expressions he brings to the character. If it was anyone else except Joe who played this part I would probably have tuned out by now. I hope TPTB let Joe show us his range and stretch his acting abilites a bit more in season three. But so far we seem to be getting more character building for every other character except Joe, and even Ronan who hasn't been in the show all that long is getting a backstory episode in the very beginning of the season.

Joe is really my main reason for watching the show. I do enjoy the other characters but not as much as Joe so I really hope we get a grittier, more realistic portrayal of him in season three and definitely more whump.
            Everyone has gotten more focus and better Characterization than Shep. It's what made me lose my SGA squee. I still have Shep squee, but SGA is close to DEAD to me. I've said from the beginning that I watch for Joe. Period. I love ZElenka. I still sorta love McShep but because of the Shep part of it. SHEP is SGA for me and we get nothing for him. Heck, I know more about Zelenka and even BATES than Shep. I hope we get more of him too. Joe is a fabulous actor. Why won't they use him? Idiots.

Comment

I used to record the audio track of Starsky and Hutch on my casette recorder. How sad is that?
              Okay I probably still have a few of those casettes somewhere (with my S&H game and a million David Soul posters )- gosh the days before VCR's .....OMG can you imagine what it would be like now without DVD's and Videos...and here we are feeling sorry for ourselves that we dont have CG pics What if we had to wait for repeats as our only way to watch 38 Minutes!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps
                Definitely! Especially the look on Sheppy's face as
                Spoiler:
                McKay flinches and Sheppy is just so calm saying, "I'm sure it will.." to Beckett while just giving Rodney that look that kinda says, "Are you serious?.."

It makes me laugh at how hard Carson rubs Shep's 'wound'- it looks like it would have been really painful if one had been there!!

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin7
                  Joe is a fabulous actor. Why won't they use him? Idiots.

It does boggle the mind. They have this amazing wonderful talented actor and he is woefully underused.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IWantToBelieve
                    And that's as far as I got, the McKay one is for Mx!
                    Luffs you with all my heart!!!!!!!!!!!!

And re the splinter Linzi - are you trying to say my Rodney is a big baby??!?!?!

Merlin - I am enjoying the fic very much!!! Am reading it now with a nice glass of vino!! And do you know I have never ever seen Emergency!! I take it it was a hospital drama? When was it made? Do you know where I can get hold of it at all?

Talking of hospital drama - some of those pics posted earlier of Joe in the specs - I thought he looked the spit of Noah Wylie from ER!! Carter was my fave character in that!!!

Right - back to that excellent Chase whump!

Woo hoo!!!

Mx
                    sig by SheppyD
                    Whumpydoodlesquee and Frenxies a Speciality

I'm not crazy - I just have another consciousness in my brain
                    So he just looks crazy

Comment

And re the splinter Linzi - are you trying to say my Rodney is a big baby??!?!?!

Merlin - I am enjoying the fic very much!!! Am reading it now with a nice glass of vino!! And do you know I have never ever seen Emergency!! I take it it was a hospital drama? When was it made? Do you know where I can get hold of it at all?

Talking of hospital drama - some of those pics posted earlier of Joe in the specs - I thought he looked the spit of Noah Wylie from ER!! Carter was my fave character in that!!!

Woo hoo!!!

Mx

Emergency was about paramedics. JOhnny and his partner were the main characters. Decent whump. Amazon has season one and two on DVD. I just ordered season one used. LOL

I loved Carter too. Glad you like the Chase fic. I'm having fun with it.

I would love to see Joe play a doctor in a movie or something. Joe in scrubs or a lab coat. YUM

::runs off to finish the next bit::

Comment

Woo hoo!!!

Mx
                        Shep reminds me of Carter when he's on the balcony talking to Teyla in Suspicion.
                        Emergency was about two paramedics who worked with the fire department. It was fabby. I was pretty young when it was out, (Yep it's THAT old...),but I loved it!
                        Me? Saying Rodney's a baby? Surely not. (Sneaks away before Mx thwacks me!)
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien
                          It does boggle the mind. They have this amazing wonderful talented actor and he is woefully underused.
                          I'm am completely boggled and baffled. ::nods::

Maybe they're afraid of how good he is.

Comment

Originally posted by SLC
                            It makes me laugh at how hard Carson rubs Shep's 'wound'- it looks like it would have been really painful if one had been there!!
                            Yep, I thought that too. 'This may hurt a little' Scrub, scrub...mmmm not too gentle, our Carson....
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm off now for the night. Not best happy, but there you go. Night all!
                              sigpic

Comment

Me? Saying Rodney's a baby? Surely not. (Sneaks away before Mx thwacks me!)
                                Oh I would never thwack you, Linzi!!!! I know my chap has his faults but I love him for them even more!!!

And thanks for the info re Emergency - if it is that good I shall have to consider getting it!

Merlin - can your fic be an ep of House please!?!?! I am on Chapter 3 and so far am getting that flip flop!!!! I watched House Season finale again last night! That whump was so ace!! Those blue eyes are so piercing and he was all bleeding and sweaty on the gurney at the end.........

*runs off to stick head in bucket of ice water - whump overdose!!!*

Mx
                                sig by SheppyD
                                Whumpydoodlesquee and Frenxies a Speciality

I'm not crazy - I just have another consciousness in my brain
                                So he just looks crazy

Comment

Working...
                                X