John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CeeKay Sheppard
    Well, I got on a roll, and The Black Notebook VI: Critical Condition is done and posted!
    Very good, and very sad. Well done.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi
      Was alcohol involved at the time? I find it frees the creative juices, only to take away my memory the next morning!
      Hmmmm, actually.. you may have a point there... I think I had that idea somewhere in the middle of Saturday night's bottle of Pinot Grigio!

Originally posted by Parisindy
      can i ask a question of you guys... i'm coming from another fandom and i am just starting to write atlantis .... do you guys find that its hard to switch writting fanfic from one show to another... any ideas on how to ease the transition?
      I write for two fandoms at present (House and SGA - though my House fic is getting a tad neglected due to my overwhelming obsession with SGA!) and I don't know what I can suggest to "ease the transition". I don't really see much of a transition.. for me it's not moving from one thing to another; I like both shows and want to write for both.. I guess it's just a case of being in the right mindset to write what you are writing at the time - to get inside either Sheppy's head or House's head, whatever you are trying to write.

Always the best thing to do with writing is just go for it - go ahead and write anyway; just get something down on paper. You can always go back and change it and play with it until you are happy with it and the more you write, the better you will get.
      sigpic

Comment

YES! Show us what Joe can really do!
        Look at Ben Browder, the hero of my fave all-time sci-fi show, Farscape, the GOD of emotional whump. In SG-1, I can see nothing, nothing of what made John Crichton my favourite TV character ever. BB is not really acting, or the "character" they've given him is as flat as hell. Who knows what acting gems Joe's hiding? :-)

Sorry to ramble on about Ben, it's just hard to stop when I start. Sorry to Cam fans too.

Now on with the whump!

Banner by *E*K*R*

Comment

Originally posted by andi_b
          YES! Show us what Joe can really do!
          Look at Ben Browder, the hero of my fave all-time sci-fi show, Farscape, the GOD of emotional whump. In SG-1, I can see nothing, nothing of what made John Crichton my favourite TV character ever. BB is not really acting, or the "character" they've given him is as flat as hell. Who knows what acting gems Joe's hiding? :-)

Sorry to ramble on about Ben, it's just hard to stop when I start. Sorry to Cam fans too.

Now on with the whump!
          That's ok! You're making a valid point about the two leading men of the two shows not always getting good whumpy, angsty, meaty stuff to work their way through. I'm sure nobody would be insulted, and you're entitled to your opinion anyway, and as it happens, I agree with you.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy
            SQUEAAAAAA love that fic

can i ask a question of you guys... i'm coming from another fandom and i am just starting to write atlantis .... do you guys find that its hard to switch writting fanfic from one show to another... any ideas on how to ease the transition?
            I've never written before for anything, so am really new to it. I write what I want to read, and try to stay true to the characters, while adding a little bit more depth that we don't see on the show. I try to include expressions and mannerisms we've seen on screen, so as to make the characters realistic. The Stargate mythology is one that you have to be careful with. If you get something wrong, a whole host of people will correct you, so you need to do your research there. Same for medical issues. Other than that, just enjoy yourself! Hope that's been of help.
            sigpic

Comment

Okay it happened to me again last night. I had a dream that I had a new SGA magazine! Opened it up and there was an occasional pic of Shep (nothing special) but I was almost pulling the thing apart tring to find whumpy spoiler pics and could I find any NO!!!! I mean this was my dream - and I cant even get whump pics in that!!!! It is just not fair!!!

But maybe we will get the real thing tonight!!!

Anybody close to posting any fic??? You know you guys are my saviour!!

Comment

Hello!

Wow you lot have been busy! So many pages to catch up on so sorry if I miss something!

First thanks for the fics folks! Excellent as always and as SLC says you keep us going and stop us falling into the pit of despair!!

As you all know my fave whump is of course that 'other chap' on SGA but Shep is a very very close second! I just love whump full stop but to be really satisfying whump it has to be a character you love and have invested some emotion in! I agree that Hugh Laurie is just fantastic and that season finale was probably one of the best and most satisfying whump eps I have ever seen for any show!!! But I also agree that Chase whump would be just superb and how I wish it was him who got whumped in Euphoria instead of Foreman! Still perhaps that is to come!! (If anyone has some good Chase whump fic recs please send them my way!! )

However, the first time I ever thunked and whumped was for David Soul in Starsky and Hutch!!! Boy was that ace!!!! I fell head over heels at 12 years old and am still partial to watching certain whumpy eps on a fairly regular basis although as everyone has said here SGA has become a bit of an obsession!!

I have given up asking for the CG pics - just can't stand the disappointment so I will just go nuts when they do arrive!

Mx
                sig by SheppyD
                Whumpydoodlesquee and Frenxies a Speciality

I'm not crazy - I just have another consciousness in my brain
                So he just looks crazy

Comment

Originally posted by McKayRocks!
                  Hello!

Wow you lot have been busy! So many pages to catch up on so sorry if I miss something!

First thanks for the fics folks! Excellent as always and as SLC says you keep us going and stop us falling into the pit of despair!!

As you all know my fave whump is of course that 'other chap' on SGA but Shep is a very very close second! I just love whump full stop but to be really satisfying whump it has to be a character you love and have invested some emotion in! I agree that Hugh Laurie is just fantastic and that season finale was probably one of the best and most satisfying whump eps I have ever seen for any show!!! But I also agree that Chase whump would be just superb and how I wish it was him who got whumped in Euphoria instead of Foreman! Still perhaps that is to come!! (If anyone has some good Chase whump fic recs please send them my way!! )

However, the first time I ever thunked and whumped was for David Soul in Starsky and Hutch!!! Boy was that ace!!!! I fell head over heels at 12 years old and am still partial to watching certain whumpy eps on a fairly regular basis although as everyone has said here SGA has become a bit of an obsession!!

I have given up asking for the CG pics - just can't stand the disappointment so I will just go nuts when they do arrive!

Mx
                  WB, oh Official Inspirer of the Whump, I've missed you. I even posted in your thread while you were away!

So, CG piccies? I'm hoping....
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi
                    WB, oh Official Inspirer of the Whump, I've missed you. I even posted in your thread while you were away!
                    Hee hee - I saw!!! You are always welcome there you know! Your fic is really appreciated and I often find it recc'd by my fellow whumpers!!

So, CG piccies? I'm hoping....
                    You know - I have a funny feeling about tonight.........

Mx
                    sig by SheppyD

So he just looks crazy

Comment

Feeling fed up. Some nice CG pics would sure go a good way towards cheering me up...
                      sigpic

Comment

So many pages to catch up on...don't think I can!

Hi and welcome to the newbies....and thank you all you wonderful fic writers. Great stuff!

Just watched the 'Urban Rush' Atlantis thing. I think they were in the process of filming 'Common Ground'. Didn't see any fake scars or blood on Joe during his interview. Must've been filming the pre-whump scenes!!

Comment

Originally posted by Elinor
                          So many pages to catch up on...don't think I can!

Hi and welcome to the newbies....and thank you all you wonderful fic writers. Great stuff!

Just watched the 'Urban Rush' Atlantis thing. I think they were in the process of filming 'Common Ground'. Didn't see any fake scars or blood on Joe during his interview. Must've been filming the pre-whump scenes!!

You are right they did say episode 7- so that would have been Common Ground - but no evidence of whumpage!!

I liked that the bug got a mention!!!

Comment

Oh I just watched that too!!!

For me - huge big SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler:
                            I have 2 Rodney's to look forward to in M&MM!!!!!!

What's up Ali? Can't have you feeling fed up babes!!!! What can we do to make you smile?

Mx
                            sig by SheppyD

So he just looks crazy

Comment

Originally posted by McKayRocks!
                              Oh I just watched that too!!!

For me - huge big SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler:
                              I have 2 Rodney's to look forward to in M&MM!!!!!!

What's up Ali? Can't have you feeling fed up babes!!!! What can we do to make you smile?

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e42/slcz3/TLG04.jpg
                              http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e42/slcz3/TLG09.jpg
                              http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e42/slcz3/TLG23.jpg
                              http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e42/slcz3/TLG22.jpg

Mx

DH's interview was really fab in that programme. Bless him.

Thanks for the pretty TLG pics... must carry on capping that ep.

Just feeling a bit narked this evening... am tired and my psoriasis is driving me mad and am just feeling a bit fed up with some of the ******y of late...
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps
                                DH's interview was really fab in that programme. Bless him.

Thanks for the pretty TLG pics... must carry on capping that ep.

Just feeling a bit narked this evening... am tired and my psoriasis is driving me mad and am just feeling a bit fed up with some of the ******y of late...
                                I am feeling a little fed up myself so I am going to be no good trying to cheer you up!!

Havent seen Josie this evening- which is a shame as she may have had a chapter to post!!! Maybe Linzi will be posting one soon.... I need to read about the 'tomorrow' that was mentioned!!

Comment

Working...
                                X