Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Oh, gosh yes, that was the best, when they're coming back and he says 'so we're lost' ROTF, I can't remember it all and am too lazy to go look it up but all of that episode they were hilarious!

    As for how I love those two, I'll read anything that has an author doing a great job with them. Doesn't matter to me. I used to be against slash but I'm looking for a good story and if I find something that delivers, I've found I can enjoy it all now.

    Anyway, I'm off to scribble away on my dark!fic hehehe.
    sigpic

    Comment


      Originally posted by IWantToBelieve
      Oh, gosh yes, that was the best, when they're coming back and he says 'so we're lost' ROTF, I can't remember it all and am too lazy to go look it up but all of that episode they were hilarious!

      As for how I love those two, I'll read anything that has an author doing a great job with them. Doesn't matter to me. I used to be against slash but I'm looking for a good story and if I find something that delivers, I've found I can enjoy it all now.

      Anyway, I'm off to scribble away on my dark!fic hehehe.
      I'm scribbling away as we speak, inbetween popping in and out of here. This last chapter of Restrained is gonna be a long one... over 1,300 words so far and lots more yet to fit in...
      sigpic

      Comment


        Yes and I must go to bed too as it is quarter past midnight here!!!

        See you all tomorrow folks!

        Night!

        Mx
        sig by SheppyD
        Whumpydoodlesquee and Frenxies a Speciality

        I'm not crazy - I just have another consciousness in my brain
        So he just looks crazy

        Comment


          Originally posted by Alipeeps
          I'm scribbling away as we speak, inbetween popping in and out of here. This last chapter of Restrained is gonna be a long one... over 1,300 words so far and lots more yet to fit in...
          Oh, I can't wait!!

          I'm on page 55 of this fic and I'd say it's about half way.
          sigpic

          Comment


            Originally posted by Linzi
            That's ok! You're making a valid point about the two leading men of the two shows not always getting good whumpy, angsty, meaty stuff to work their way through. I'm sure nobody would be insulted, and you're entitled to your opinion anyway, and as it happens, I agree with you.

            i too love the ben.... i still love shep and Seamus harper as well hehe though i feel guilty sometimes like i'm two timing the other guys hehe
            Spoiler:

            "It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
            ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
            Card designed by Falcon Horus

            Comment


              Originally posted by Linzi
              I've never written before for anything, so am really new to it. I write what I want to read, and try to stay true to the characters, while adding a little bit more depth that we don't see on the show. I try to include expressions and mannerisms we've seen on screen, so as to make the characters realistic. The Stargate mythology is one that you have to be careful with. If you get something wrong, a whole host of people will correct you, so you need to do your research there. Same for medical issues. Other than that, just enjoy yourself! Hope that's been of help.
              thanks for the replies guys... i guess i'm struggling since i'm used to writing for andromeda and i'm not sure if i get the atlantis character voices write or not... there is soooo many good writers in this fandom i'm a smidge intimidated, like you say linzi i don't want to get jumped on for mistakes

              lol truth be told i've only seen season 1 of atlantis and 6 episodes of season 2 as they ... i owned season 1 before the space channel started showing it here... and my friend from the USA mailed me the first six episodes of season 2 because she is a good egg.... so i'm worried i might get things wrong

              oh well i guess its just a matter of leaping in... thanks again
              Spoiler:

              "It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
              ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
              Card designed by Falcon Horus

              Comment


                Originally posted by Merlin7
                For me, and I've written in about a dozen fandoms, it's about knowing your characters and their background. Once I'm comfortable with that...because you stay IC with them, the rest of it works. So as long as I know them, I've found it to be fun and challenging to switch shows.
                thanks merlin thats exactly whay i'm struggling with so your insight is helpful i got to look at it as a challenge

                and OMG SQUEAAAAAAAAAA those screen caps rock!
                Last edited by parisindy; 26 June 2006, 09:28 PM.
                Spoiler:

                "It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                Card designed by Falcon Horus

                Comment


                  Originally posted by parisindy
                  thanks for the replies guys... i guess i'm struggling since i'm used to writing for andromeda and i'm not sure if i get the atlantis character voices write or not... there is soooo many good writers in this fandom i'm a smidge intimidated, like you say linzi i don't want to get jumped on for mistakes

                  lol truth be told i've only seen season 1 of atlantis and 6 episodes of season 2 as they ... i owned season 1 before the space channel started showing it here... and my friend from the USA mailed me the first six episodes of season 2 because she is a good egg.... so i'm worried i might get things wrong

                  oh well i guess its just a matter of leaping in... thanks again

                  OMG! Kevin Sorbo in Andromedy - thunk! (I know - OT but still! Thunk! Forgive me?)

                  I love your sig Parisindy! It's a pretty good summary of the relationship between those two!
                  sigpic
                  My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Lauriel
                    OMG! Kevin Sorbo in Andromedy - thunk! (I know - OT but still! Thunk! Forgive me?)

                    I love your sig Parisindy! It's a pretty good summary of the relationship between those two!

                    awww thanks my friend Wired Witch made them for me....

                    here is the link to where i keep them and here is the link to her site
                    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/10...ars%20by%20WW/
                    http://scanty-icons.livejournal.com/...?view=277#t277

                    i don't think she would mind other people using them as long as she got a bit of credit... she's a good egg

                    i love good avatars... but i'm not all that good at making them myself

                    hehe as for Kevin...yeah he's super cool... my friend Jips has hung out with him on more then one occasion and says hes super nice... but i'm all about Gordon Woolvett... man... is it suddenly hot in here or is it just me?
                    Spoiler:

                    "It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                    ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                    Card designed by Falcon Horus

                    Comment


                      IWTB...thank you for all those wonderful caps!

                      Originally posted by Alipeeps
                      I adore their interaction so much. The two characters work so well together and Joe and David look like they're having a ball. I love the lines in Underground where they first meet the Genii and as they walk off Rodney says something about offering to trade the Genii as sense of humour and Shep says, "Yeah, they can have yours." and Rodney is all sarcastic, pretending to laugh, saying "Oh you slay me.." and Sheppard just smiles insufferably and says "I've thought about it.."

                      Man, I just adore stuff like that!
                      Oh me to! I really think Joe and David are the best double act on TV right now. I loved them in Aurora and Inferno as well.

                      I also think we're going to get some good Shep stuff in s3. It seems the writers are sharing the love around all the cast a bit more...and everyone seems to be getting an episode each...AND we're going to get Shep backstory in another episode, so two for him! Woohoo! Yep...I'm still feeling positive!!

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Elinor
                        IWTB...thank you for all those wonderful caps!



                        Oh me to! I really think Joe and David are the best double act on TV right now. I loved them in Aurora and Inferno as well.

                        I also think we're going to get some good Shep stuff in s3. It seems the writers are sharing the love around all the cast a bit more...and everyone seems to be getting an episode each...AND we're going to get Shep backstory in another episode, so two for him! Woohoo! Yep...I'm still feeling positive!!

                        Me too.
                        McShep is probably one of my most favourite parts of the show. The two guys just bounce off each other and are so damn funny! Those bits mentioned in Aurora, Inferno and Underground are fantastic, and Trinity too. Sigh....
                        I'm feeling more positive too. I hope I'm going to be blown away by season 3!
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Linzi
                          Me too.
                          McShep is probably one of my most favourite parts of the show. The two guys just bounce off each other and are so damn funny! Those bits mentioned in Aurora, Inferno and Underground are fantastic, and Trinity too. Sigh....
                          I'm feeling more positive too. I hope I'm going to be blown away by season 3!
                          Definitely - the friendship and banter between those two is a large part of why I love the show. So many lovely little touches in different episodes (like in Instinct where Sheppy clips Rodney around the head! )

                          I'm really looking forward to season 3. I'm gonna enjoy it no matter what - even if it's worse case scenario and we get little to no whump or character development, I will still love the show and Sheppy and make the most of the little moments here and there (I loved Season 2, despite a lot of the criticisms I've seen on GW - even eps like the Tower I enjoyed... not one of my faves admittedly but I still liked and enjoyed it).

                          Hopefully of course it will be so much better than that - TPTB have promised more character development and team relationship stuff and that sounds fab.

                          Come on July 14!!
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Alipeeps
                            Definitely - the friendship and banter between those two is a large part of why I love the show. So many lovely little touches in different episodes (like in Instinct where Sheppy clips Rodney around the head! )

                            I'm really looking forward to season 3. I'm gonna enjoy it no matter what - even if it's worse case scenario and we get little to no whump or character development, I will still love the show and Sheppy and make the most of the little moments here and there (I loved Season 2, despite a lot of the criticisms I've seen on GW - even eps like the Tower I enjoyed... not one of my faves admittedly but I still liked and enjoyed it).

                            Hopefully of course it will be so much better than that - TPTB have promised more character development and team relationship stuff and that sounds fab.

                            Come on July 14!!
                            Well said, Ali. Shep!hugs for you.

                            Aurora was one of the best shows yet for RM/JS interaction. It showed both the humour and wit the two trade, as well as the caring and friendship for each other. Not to mention they both look fab in those uniforms, and the blue light does all sorts of good things for JF.

                            Can't wait for S3!
                            sigpic
                            My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Lauriel
                              Well said, Ali. Shep!hugs for you.

                              Aurora was one of the best shows yet for RM/JS interaction. It showed both the humour and wit the two trade, as well as the caring and friendship for each other. Not to mention they both look fab in those uniforms, and the blue light does all sorts of good things for JF.

                              Can't wait for S3!
                              I agree 100%.
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                                Parisindy, welcome to the the whump thread (Yeah I'm a little slow LOL), I'm kodiak bear so I recognize you of course! This thread rocks so keep posting, the more the merrier!


                                I'm grinning through all of your guys comments cause yeah, totally. They are great onscreen together, bringing across a real friendship in so many ways. Have you ever notice how they sit next to each other LOL, just an easy familiarity that comes from being friends and I love seeing those things translate in the story and on the screen.

                                Elinor and paris, glad you liked the caps, I luuuuvvvv doing those LOL. I mean, really, how hard is it staring at that face? *grin*
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X