Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
    Hey Whumpers!

Been really really busy here. Am looking forward to Friday's episode, even though I won't be watching it till Monday. Hopefully we'll get some team.

Did I read the last posts right? People are giving up on the Stargate franchise? Doe this mean you won't be frequenting this board anymore? I can certainly understand. I was doing some serious housecleaning over at PB and got rid of 90 percent of my pics! And they were mostly Stargate. I just don't have the squee anymore.

I'm enjoying the marathon of the early seasons of Atlantis this week! It's nice to actually have something GOOD on TV to watch.
    Giving up on the franchise? I'm not. I'll watch the movies when they come out. I'm still planning on watching the first ep of SGU. I'm hoping for good things. I almost didn't watch SGA (huge SG-1 and Daniel fan - didn't think anything or anyone could ever replace them) and I would have really missed out if I hadn't tuned in (including all of the lovely whumpers!).

Even if I don't care for SGU, I'll still be hanging around here. You guys are family! *squishy hug*
    sigpic
    Sig by Luciana
    My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Oh nononooo... I'm not giving up on SGA! I'll always love SGA and will probably continue to hang around on here and chat about it and reminisce over whump and write fic etc... and keep in touch with all my friends on here!

I'm just not into "the franchise" and won't be hooked on or discussing (or probably even watching, tbh) SGU etc. For me, SGA was always my addiction, not the Stargate franchise. With SGA finished, my interest in "the franchise" finishes - SGA is the only one I care about so I'll restrict my fannish activities to SGA threads like this one.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
        Hey Whumpers!

Been really really busy here. Am looking forward to Friday's episode, even though I won't be watching it till Monday. Hopefully we'll get some team.

Did I read the last posts right? People are giving up on the Stargate franchise? Doe this mean you won't be frequenting this board anymore? I can certainly understand. I was doing some serious housecleaning over at PB and got rid of 90 percent of my pics! And they were mostly Stargate. I just don't have the squee anymore.

I'm enjoying the marathon of the early seasons of Atlantis this week! It's nice to actually have something GOOD on TV to watch.

I will be sticking with Joe and SGA. I dont really consider myself a 'Stargate' fan as such so wont be staying with the franchise.

I will always been hanging around this whump thread - like a bad smell that wont go away

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard's Delight View Post
          I will always been hanging around this whump thread - like a bad smell that wont go away
          Pheeeewww... I was wondering what that whiff was...
          sigpic

Comment

I was beginning to think I'd have to try and upgrade my bipolar to a multiple personalities disorder so as to have someone to talk to around here.

I'll be sticking around, I came to SGA as a scifi fan first and foremost, shiny spaceships will always be my first love. I watched SG1 and I'll check out SGU for at least the first few episodes the same as I would any new scifi show after all SGA didn't really grab me until half way through season one.

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
              Maybe I'm just too jaded now with Stargate and everthing about it, but does everyone drink from the same cup when it comes to even mentioning Joe Flanigan.. Vegas was predominatley about Sheppard and once again he doesn't even get a mention. Joe was the best thing about the episode IMO...eventhough once again he got pretty much nothing to work with.
              ITA. He carried the whole episode. Say something about the guy.

Originally posted by Strey View Post
              I know where you're coming from...
              Hopefully Joe will get some decent material asap. Goodness knows he deserves it.

Happy to ditch the franchise and follow Joe's career. He was the only reason I tuned in! And that was only because I'm a sculptor and his ears fascinated me. I make fey figurines, and I wanted to know what made those ears pointy. (Now I know, btw.) Then his overall hawtness and excellent acting really pulled me in.
              Joe Flanigan is a star.
              *imagines Joe as Indy or Neo*
              *imagines Joe in his very own trilogy a la Indiana Jones/Matrix*
              I read on some tv gossip site that there may be an NCIS spinoff coming. I would love to see Joe in that.

I watched SGA for Joe, so have no more reason to watch SGUgh than any other new show that comes out. Less, actually, since the unappealing (IMO) focus on two characters this season in SGA, to the exclusion of the characters that made the show popular for years, makes me feel that my idea of entertainment is not in line with SG's PTB and I would just be letting myself in for more frustration by getting involved with their new show.

Comment

I'm sorry, I misunderstood the whumpers! Glad to see many of us will still be sticking around for SgA! Whew!!!

*crawls back under the rock from where I came*
                sigpic

Comment

JF is good motivation though
                  That he is

It has not been that hard and Linzi has been a great 'diet buddy' - which really helps!
                  That sounds like a really good idea.

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                  Yes it does help very much. Hubby and I usually try together. Last time we did so well and he won a weight loss contest at work (and managed to break our stove's glass door when his wedding ring flew off of his skinny fingers )

I'm afraid he isn't going to be much help this time. He isn't motivated.

We could always start a group on LJ or off topic here. I think LJ would be more private. We could lock it to members only. I don't know the first thing about that kind of stuff so I am just tossing the idea out.

Now to toss out some whump to stay on topic
                  I would be interested in that

Vecturist - that’s interesting information re flying

Originally posted by Steve Austin View Post
                  Hey there good whumpers!
                  Now....as for explosions....wanna hear something crazy about me?
                  OT
                  Spoiler:
                  Well, I was actually in a similar explosion, it was of course less than that, when I used to be a news reporter, I was in a street that had a gas leak from underground, it was pretty much spread to at least 5 blocks around the neighbourhood, and I was behind a truck when the explosion took place, and one thing I can recall as if it was yesterday, was the pop on my ears....
                  [/SPOILERS]
                  Oh nasty glad you weren't hurt

Originally posted by Lorr View Post
                  Holy crap! JM is taking questions for a guest blog by Robert Cooper! Ask away! I'm trying to come up with something intelligent!
                  I can never think of anything remotely interesting to ask (at least no before hand anyway) lets hope there are some good questions and sensible answers.

Originally posted by SGAFan View Post
                  Yay! I was hoping that he'd do that!
                  Vegas spoiler..

Spoiler:

someone could ask "DID AU SHEP DIE?!" settle the question once and for all. LOL
                  Actually I think
                  Spoiler:
                  I don’t want them to answer that - I would rather not know - everyone has a different idea I quite like the ambiguity of it

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                  New Vegas stills, courtesy of Morjana

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=993

*THUD*

Originally posted by pilgrim soul View Post
                  This BTS one is cute:

EDIT - Though possibly not as cute as this one:

[]http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb55/a_pilgrim_soul/sga_spoilers/season5/still1225410664.jpg[/]
                  OMG that’s priceless

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                  And this pic answers the question people were discussing earlier about [Vegas]:
                  Spoiler:
                  whether Joe did his own stunt in sliding across the car. It's clearly Joe in that pic and on the right you can see the corner of the crash mat that's there for him to land on.
                  Spoiler:
                  Crash mat - I got sidetracked trying to decide if that was skin/belly peekage - I wish the pics were bigger.

Originally posted by rhymer View Post
                  See, this diet thing has set my imagination a-working. Quite a lot of storybooks for young children now promote the healthy eating message. Kittens get miserable when they're so fat that they get stuck in the cat flap, but are all happy again when they diet. A boy who eats too many burgers turns into one and almost gets eaten by vengeful cows and hungry dogs. (I'm not making this one up.)

So if Shep whumpers are to be inspired to lose weight, I think we need some moralising stories - something, perhaps, like these...?
                  [/SPOILERS]
                  Oh absolutely

Originally posted by rhymer View Post
                  I was just channel-hopping, and when I pressed the information button for more details on the thing currently showing on Sky 2, it told me that it was episode 1 of a new spin-off of Stargate SG-1. Yes, a new spin-off - that's what they said. The episode in question is called Rising, and there's one chap in particular - called Shepherd, or something like that - who looks rather lovely. I think I might like this...

Or maybe we've just gone back in time to 2004.
                  Sky usually irritate me to the nth degree with there constant prattling on during credits and there wonderfully inaccurate tv info but on this occasion as they have just shown a nice preview for next weeks final
                  Spoiler:
                  making it sound really good with lots of Shep
                  I am feeling generous.

Made some art with that pic of JF and RL
                  I like that

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
                  *peaks head in*

Just thought you'd like to know that GW has on the front page a celebration of SGA and our Sheppy's up first with the best 5 eps... and guess what's number one...
                  Oh sheps the first character they put up, like the choices.

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
                  In an attempt to kick my muses ass into gear and probably due to the fact that i've finally lost my sanity....

In true Rhymer tradition... well it would be if I was Rhymer... *cough*

Sheppard whump to be sung to the tune of Time Warp... if you don't know it... well I feel really old...
                  It's been a long day. And i'm having an SGA marathon with 38 minutes and Vegas.... he looks even hotter on a 32 inch screen. *fans self*
                  WONDERFUL
                  I started humming the tune now - and probably shall still be next week.

I tried to convince my parents that a nice large screen would look good what with the sales and all but no such luck

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                  I'm pretty much done with the Stargate franchise - I was only ever a casual viewer of SG1. I liked it well enough but wasn't a fan, per se, and only watched it if I happened to come across it on TV. It was SGA that hooked me completely and made me fannish and made me join GW and buy DVDs and write fic. I kinda doubt SGU will grab me the way this show did.
                  I really enjoyed the earlier seasons of SG1 watched them religiously, sort of stopped during season 8 - and as much as I like Ben Browder I despise season 9 & 10 with a passion - so I was late to the Atlantis party but I never really got involved with fandom like I did with Atlantis. So I staying around - probably lurking in the corner though.

Comment

That sound good -may I join I am clpm_9 on lj

Originally posted by Sabine View Post

I read on some tv gossip site that there may be an NCIS spinoff coming. I would love to see Joe in that.

I watched SGA for Joe, so have no more reason to watch SGUgh than any other new show that comes out. Less, actually, since the unappealing (IMO) focus on two characters this season in SGA, to the exclusion of the characters that made the show popular for years, makes me feel that my idea of entertainment is not in line with SG's PTB and I would just be letting myself in for more frustration by getting involved with their new show.
                    That would be good

Comment

I'll have to post at my LJ the rest of the comments from my cousin in regards to flying (I now have 2 cousins in the USAF - one flies F-16s, the other choppers).
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by caty View Post
                        Yeah, I'm thinking about ditching the franchise too. I always liked Atlantis, but the main reason I watched was Joe. He got me into it in the first place (I will never forget me zapping through the channels and glimpsing a face so gorgeous that I couldn't look away).

I think I would have given Universe a chance, but I really really dislike Brad Wright. I'm not sure I can put up with it without Joe
                        No intention of sticking with the franchise. SGA fans were dissed up to wazoo, and there is no way I will even watch even the pilot of SG-Ew. Refuse to give it the time of day. I'm sticking with SGA, be it canon or fanon, and I'll stick with Joe, as he is what made SGA so plausible for me.
                        Plus, I'm hanging around here until the last one out the building has to turn the lights off.
                        So, y'all's stuck with me.
                        Not going anywhere, anytime soon.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post

That's exactly how I feel. I will still probably lurk but not sure whether I can hang around when the show is over and nothing really left to squee over. GW activity has been pretty low here and in other threads compared to previous seasons .. so if it's quiet when we still have new eps not sure what it will be like when there are none.

I'll pop in now and then to catch up.... and I'm hoping there will be some good Shep centric fanfic as I'm not ready to let go of Sheppard just yet.

But I have no interest in the franchise anymore and the ptb have no interest in us. Not many shows grab me, and as much as I liked SG1 it never appealed to me like SGA did, and I was never obsessed by the characters as I was with the SGA characters.. So SGU doesn't appeal at all.. nothing about it appeals and the fact it's got a Stargate label is not enough.

I'd rather follow JF, Jason, or Rachel than watch kids in space.

I'd love to see Joe in a NCIS spin off..... fingers crossed that he gets snapped up for something good.. and he is appreciated a lot more than he ever was on SGA...
                          sigpic

Comment

Me too... no Joe therefore no Stargate for me.. he was what kept me watching.

Strey Joe would make a fantastic Indy.... perfect for the part.. in fact I was dreaming he was offered the part only a few nights ago.. if only

SAF Love your Vegas pic fic....
                            Joe as Indy...
                            Joe as Indy...
                            *repeats mantra at beddybyebasket time*
                            Yummm!
                            sigpic

Comment

Okay, catch you lovely whumpers later. Have to run 2 of my boys to their stick-fighting. They're too embarrassed to let me watch them, so I bugger off take my leave.
                              Now, if I could watch Shep and Teyla - they sooo couldn't shoo me away! Especially with that yummy whump she doles out...
                              sigpic

Comment

That's exactly how I feel. I will still probably lurk but not sure whether I can hang around when the show is over and nothing really left to squee over. GW activity has been pretty low here and in other threads compared to previous seasons .. so if it's quiet when we still have new eps not sure what it will be like when there are none.

I'll pop in now and then to catch up.... and I'm hoping there will be some good Shep centric fanfic as I'm not ready to let go of Sheppard just yet.

But I have no interest in the franchise anymore and the ptb have no interest in us. Not many shows grab me, and as much as I liked SG1 it never appealed to me like SGA did, and I was never obsessed by the characters as I was with the SGA characters.. So SGU doesn't appeal at all.. nothing about it appeals and the fact it's got a Stargate label is not enough.

I'd rather follow JF, Jason, or Rachel than watch kids in space.

I'd love to see Joe in a NCIS spin off..... fingers crossed that he gets snapped up for something good.. and he is appreciated a lot more than he ever was on SGA...
                                ITA!
                                I would also like to see more of Robert Davi - particularly as a nemesis for JF's character...
                                Oh, poo. Now I really have to go...
                                Seeya!
                                Bluealien - your 'perfectly everything' sig gets me every time.
                                *sigh*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X