John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon Whumpers!

I thought hubby would never get off the computer.

Yes, I had withdrawal last night, too. I called RUFFLES and we chatted for a good while, until my cell phone died. Not kidding. I MISS SHEP!!!

Speaking of Shep......"VEGAS" question
    Spoiler:
    can anyone who caps get a good enough shot of the ending where Shep is on the ground? I was curious as to what he was wearing around his neck. I was wondering what was on that chain peeking out from his chest hair. Nothing to do with anything.....just wondering while I try to find something constructive to do with the hole no SGA has left in my schedule.

Anyone else want SPOILERS FOR "VEGAS"
    Spoiler:
    that Wraith to turn on BW at the card table and ask him WTH he was thinking when he got SGA cancelled for SGU?

I am off to catch up.

IHS
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iheartshep View Post
      Afternoon Whumpers!

I thought hubby would never get off the computer.

Yes, I had withdrawal last night, too. I called RUFFLES and we chatted for a good while, until my cell phone died. Not kidding. I MISS SHEP!!!

Spoiler:
      can anyone who caps get a good enough shot of the ending where Shep is on the ground? I was curious as to what he was wearing around his neck. I was wondering what was on that chain peeking out from his chest hair. Nothing to do with anything.....just wondering while I try to find something constructive to do with the hole no SGA has left in my schedule.
      Spoiler:

Shep was wearing a silver crucifix, I'll see if I can turn up a picture.

EDIT: This is the best I can do:

Comment

^^Thank you, PILGRIM. I thought that was what I saw.

I am suffering from Post Traumatic (no)Shep Syndrome. I have all the symptoms.

I forgot to mention: SPOILER FOR EatG
        Spoiler:
        that look on Shep's face when he asked Teyla where Ronon was, and she told him he didn't make it. That was beautiful! *sigh* I knew Shep wouldn't leave him behind.

Well, it looks like I won't be going to Vancouver. I did happen to mention it to hubby, who almost fell over laughing before asking me how I intended to finance said trip. Seems it's sold out. Awww.....Crap.

IHS
        Last edited by iheartshep; 17 January 2009, 01:18 PM. Reason: because I can!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SheppAddictedFangirl View Post
          rhymer Slave!Shep ... done yet ??
          No progress, I'm afraid. I'd love to do nothing but write, but I'd had to put it on hold while I make my costume for P4 next weekend. (Plus, I had to work today.) I hope to resume tomorrow afternoon. It's 18,000 words so far, and probably will be over 50,000 when finished, so it'll be a while.

Off to bed. I feel a bit whumped from too little sleep, too much hula hooping on the Wii, too much sewing, too many heavy boxes of books, and too little Shep.

Oh, the weather sounds very wild out there, and - ugh! - a cat's just come in from it, soaking wet, and suddenly wants to be affectionate. Ugh!

Comment

Originally posted by rhymer View Post
            Oh, the weather sounds very wild out there, and - ugh! - a cat's just come in from it, soaking wet, and suddenly wants to be affectionate. Ugh!
            Amazing how cats can do that - now if that cat could get Shep all cold and wet and Shep gets either hypothermia or a cold....

I guess I shouldn't comment on the weather here - I have windows open....
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
              Amazing how cats can do that - now if that cat could get Shep all cold and wet and Shep gets either hypothermia or a cold....

I guess I shouldn't comment on the weather here - I have windows open....
              Well, I have to say that if Shep came in from the rain, all cold and soaking wet, and suddenly wanted to be affectionate, I'd probably be rather more tolerant of the situation than I am when the cats do it.

Really off to bed now...

Comment

^^Thank you, PILGRIM. I thought that was what I saw.

I am suffering from Post Traumatic (no)Shep Syndrome. I have all the symptoms.

Spoiler:
                that look on Shep's face when he asked Teyla where Ronon was, and she told him he didn't make it. That was beautiful! *sigh* I knew Shep wouldn't leave him behind.

Well, it looks like I won't be going to Vancouver. I did happen to mention it to hubby, who almost fell over laughing before asking me how I intended to finance said trip. Seems it's sold out. Awww.....Crap.

IHS
                Well I can manage your request next month with the Bedford con - I know it's not the same thing, but you'll at least know his hands were on it...

Looking down the road, there was talk at the Creation Burbank con that they want to invite JF for this year's. I know it's early (the con would be in LA - Los Angeles in early Nov) if you want to start planning. Of course nothing's official...
                sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the newbies *waves* and Congratulations to the milestoners *claps*

RL has been beating me recently its getting in the way of my internet time. I was going to try and catch up today but ended up watching SGA season one on Sky and then North and South (US Civil War epic) Really productive well there is always tomorrow.
                  I realised after about 15 pages of catching up here that I hadn't clicked quote for the posts so I am bound to forget something.

I do know there have been some very pretty and inspiring pic spams - thank you all - I may have lingered on them somewhat.

Rhymer - I loved your post EATG snippet - poor shep (But I'm looking forward to slave!shep )

top 5 episodes for blue-ray release.
                  See they don't necessary have shep whump in, but if I were to pick 5 episode that I watch more than others then in no particular order

a) Conversion b)The Ark c)Echoes d)Toa Of Rodney e)Midway

Shep episodes
                  a) Conversion b)Common Ground c)38 mins d)Phantoms e)Rising (as one episode)

These however could change tomorrow as I can be terribly indecisive at times

Re EATG
                  Spoiler:
                  I did enjoyed it (with the exception of one pointless scene at the end). Was it worthy of the 100th / last ever episode ? No. Too many characters squeezed in for no reason (some I can't stand.)One that could have easily fitted in not there.. A little too rushed. a few rather large plot holes. It annoyed me that Carson got to fly the city. And I hate that Atlantis ended up on Earth. I really really hate that. But hey shep in a flight suit. hmmm and Shep being suicidal and looking very sexy hmmm - what I'm shallow
                  It actually means that I sorta dreading the film now - if and when it ever comes out…

Re SGU - I not sure. The premise doesn’t sound that appealing to and I not a fan of Robert Carlyle. I don’t know about watching the pilot - I didn't like Atlantis when I first saw the pilot *hides in shame*

I had a letter about Bedford with lots of do and don’ts. Only 5 weeks to go. I'm looking forward to meeting other whumpers

- but threatening BS that’s evil really evil….
                  Last edited by charlie24; 17 January 2009, 02:19 PM.

Comment

found this on the last page in a quote ...

*roommate panicking here!!*

not good for my tender nerves, San!!
                    OT
                    Spoiler:
                    especially after jumping the gun on myself and booking photoshoots with Joe and Jason And I HATE having my own pic taken

anyway, off for proper catch up
                    Are JOe and Jason doing on together or only separately on the photo shoots.

Is the schedule posted? Just curious
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by charlie24 View Post

Re SGU - I not sure. The premise doesn’t sound that appealing to and I not a fan of Robert Carlyle. I don’t know about watching the pilot - I didn't like Atlantis when I first saw the pilot *hides in shame*
                      Don't worry, I liked the pilot well enough but it wasn't until The Storm/The Eye that I really fell in love with the show and the character of Shep. In fact I remember saying, rather dismissively, to my brother that Joe/Shep's job was just "to stand there and look pretty".

Comment

Originally posted by SGAFan View Post
                        Yes! That'd be the one. Had a very similar thought, Salty.. and it turned into a rather big story all starting with that thought!

I'm gonna have to check my piles to see if it's there - it doesn't ring a bell! I have a blanket chest of printed fics in my bedroom - I print and pile, then grab and read. Tons of fics waiting to be enjoyed!! I"m not a slow reader but with 2 kids and a full schedule the only time I have to read is at night and by then I'm exhausted!!

I was at physical therapy this morning and my mind started to wander so now I want to play a game....

I want to go back to Rising and pick where you'd insert a whumpy part in every episode. I figure we could do an ep a day in order Who wants to play???? I'll go first...

Rising....in the helicopter where Shep evades the drone, instead of landing gently, the drone clips a blade and Shep gets banged into the window - he's unconscious and O'Neill has to drag him out. He's in the infirmary later when he wanders over the chair.

Anyone else?
                        sigpic
                        Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

this thread is really dying out

*goes hunting for some whump story to fill the void*
                          Any pointers are welcome!!
                          rhymer Slave!Shep ... done yet ??
                          SGAFan - didn´t you want to write one too???
                          LOL! Do you realize the list of plot bunnies I already have?! hehehehe

but it would be "fun" hehehe

Spoiler:
                          Here!

spoiler for Vegas and size if you click the thumbnails..

Spoiler:

it was a cross necklace...

Spoiler:
                          This one?

Spoiler for EaTG
                          Spoiler:

IHS
                          Darn! *hugs* Miss you there!
                          sigpic
                          My Fanfiction: fanfiction.net ** My LJ (Art and Fanfiction): SGAFan LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Salty View Post
                            I'm gonna have to check my piles to see if it's there - it doesn't ring a bell! I have a blanket chest of printed fics in my bedroom - I print and pile, then grab and read. Tons of fics waiting to be enjoyed!! I"m not a slow reader but with 2 kids and a full schedule the only time I have to read is at night and by then I'm exhausted!!
                            LOL! well, if you haven't read it, if you ever do I hope you enjoy it
                            sigpic
                            My Fanfiction: fanfiction.net ** My LJ (Art and Fanfiction): SGAFan LJ

Comment

Originally posted by rhymer View Post
                              Well, I have to say that if Shep came in from the rain, all cold and soaking wet, and suddenly wanted to be affectionate, I'd probably be rather more tolerant of the situation than I am when the cats do it.
                              My mind went in a completely non-PG direction when I read that.

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
                              Well I can manage your request next month with the Bedford con - I know it's not the same thing, but you'll at least know his hands were on it...

Looking down the road, there was talk at the Creation Burbank con that they want to invite JF for this year's. I know it's early (the con would be in LA - Los Angeles in early Nov) if you want to start planning. Of course nothing's official...
                              I would so be there. It's a quick, cheap flight for me.

Originally posted by Salty View Post

I was at physical therapy this morning and my mind started to wander so now I want to play a game....

I want to go back to Rising and pick where you'd insert a whumpy part in every episode. I figure we could do an ep a day in order Who wants to play???? I'll go first...

Rising....in the helicopter where Shep evades the drone, instead of landing gently, the drone clips a blade and Shep gets banged into the window - he's unconscious and O'Neill has to drag him out. He's in the infirmary later when he wanders over the chair.

Anyone else?
                              I want to play! At the end, when they are running back to the Jumper and all the explosions are going on. One hits too close to Shep. He's nearly knocked unconscious and has to be dragged back to the Jumper. Then he has to fly the Jumper back, all woozy (?) and bleeding. He collapses as soon as they're back at Atlantis and ends up in the infirmary.

How's that?

Comment

Ah, SGAFan, I just love your pics!

Comment

Working...
                                X