John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by caty View Post
    Thanks, Lorr! Why did you think they were spoilery???
    Perhaps it's just me. Sorry

Originally posted by pilgrim soul View Post
    ^Actually it appears Beckett is wearing one too - I know Janina said it was very cold on set but I can't help but notice that all the girls have open neck tops.
    I thought one of the girls had one on, but it may just be the res on my monitor. i need to check them out on my work monitor. It's much better.

My muse comes and goes. She's so moody. There have been weeks that I can get only 100 words or so down. That's when I go back to the beginning and start editing. Sometimes it helps to catch the muse's attention.

Comment

I have been working. Far too many hours standing up a sweltering hot marquee, promoting libraries at some neighbourhood healthy living day. ("Come along and be lectured about your unhealthy life-style by smiling do-gooders". Though I don't think that was the actual promotional line.) Due to uneven grass and occasional gusts of wind, every few minutes the display board behind me gently toppled onto my head. I feel hot and dehydrated, I have sore feet and a sore head.

Unfortunately, unlike yesterday's toner whump, I really can't think of a way to get some Shep whump out of this, due to the unlikelihood of Sheppard ever having to stand for six hours in a hot marquee touting his services to passers-by (minds out of the gutter, please ), in between the "you're all going to DIE in a fire" stall and the "you're all going to DIE unless you eat nothing but carrots" stall.

Unless someone runs a "Healthy Galaxy Day" and Shep is manning the "how to protect your planet from the Wraith" stall. (Practical demonstration from Ronon at 2 p.m. Citrus Awareness talk by R. McKay at 3.30.)

Comment

Originally posted by Lorr View Post
        My muse comes and goes. She's so moody. There have been weeks that I can get only 100 words or so down. That's when I go back to the beginning and start editing. Sometimes it helps to catch the muse's attention.
        My muse has ADD, flits from one idea to the next. I always have a ton of plot bunnies, but she loses interest quickly and moves on to the next. The hardest part is facing a deadline for a challenge (like right now).

When I hit a roadblock, my fabulous beta brainstorms with me - digs me out of my hole.
        sigpic
        Sig by Luciana
        My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

The pics are better here at work! Whispers pics
          Spoiler:
          Shep may have a turtleneck on, but he isn't wearing a jacket. They must have been freezing!

Must leave now. Too many people around!

Comment

Just got home to find next month's Sky TV guide on the doormat. We have a half page feature on SGA, ready for its August 19th UK premiere, which starts by urging people to watch even if they've not watched any previous eps. Season 4 promotional group pic, though. Their very brief season four recap: (Last Man spoilers)
            Spoiler:
            ..."Now in the present, Sheppard is mankind's only chance to rewrite history. However, he's stopped in his tracks when a building collapses on him!" The caption to his picture, after saying who he is, says "his deadliest mission lies ahead"... Yay for deadliest missions!

Comment

Four Whispers promo pics, courtesy of Prion...who found the link...

VERY SPOILERY, and VERY SQUEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=382
              SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*makes some noise, wakes up whumpers*
              Chicago Con Attendee 2011
              Chicago Con Attendee 2010
              GateCon Attendee 2008
              Vancouver Con Attendee 2007

Comment

I'm peeking in from work. Not easy having readers in the class when you are trying to appear like a "normal person" and not get excited over blood and bullets in front of your students. And they don't miss a thing. The thunk thread has so many pics right now that my kids keep asking me who that guy is. As long as they don't ask why he has a big bug attached to his neck or why that "vampire" is touching his chest. I don't think I would be able to explain that easily!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                  I once was partially stranded there when my train from N Wales to Leeds died somewhere along the way and there were no other trains to Leeds... the closest I could get a train to was Huddersfield so hubby had to drive there and rescue me!
                  *sigh* no knight in shining armour for me

Originally posted by causeAscene View Post
                  It's pretty quiet around here. Matches the last couple of days I've had. I got up and went swimming this morning, but other that that, it's been pretty boring.

I decided to watch Eureka because it was on and I like it.
                  Eureka and Jake 2.0
                  Spoiler:
                  It's not SGA, but it's cute and it's helped with my torturously boring day. I decided to give more SciFi shows a chance after watch the Jake 2.0 marathon not too long ago. Oh man, I love that show. I hate that it was cancelled and no DVD. Oh well... what are you gunna do?

Other than that, doing a little remodeling to my fic. Crossing my fingers that it will be done soon. Just read kriadydragon's latest, Semi-Indecent Exposure. Loved it, as usual. It's a very cute friendship piece between Shep and McKay.

Other than that, I hope everyone's doing fantastic and I'll be back around later

EDIT: Ouch, IHS. I guess there's not much in hoping for a painless journey but uh... hope it's as painless as it could possibly be. ((hugs)) Get better soon.
                  oo new fic to read thanks for the link

Four Whispers promo pics, courtesy of Prion...who found the link...

VERY SPOILERY, and VERY SQUEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=382
                  ooo cool thanks

Only one of those pics is what I would call spoilery, they're not great pics really. But this one is not spoilery Ali so you can click and see Shep's new fashion choice.
                  Spoiler:

Is that a turtle neck?
                  yes...... yes it is *shakes head*

Where is everybody today? Its soooo quiet, don't tell me you're all being made to work.
                  Well I was at work and can I just say work truly sucks!!! I hate it sometimes especially today when I feel pressured and bullied by people who should damn well know better

I can't write anymore, I've lost my writing mojo and I'm being to wonder if I'll ever get it back.
                  *looks around for Josie's mojo........ I used to love those sweets when I was little I was even in the mojo club

Originally posted by rhymer View Post
                  I have been working. Far too many hours standing up a sweltering hot marquee, promoting libraries at some neighbourhood healthy living day. ("Come along and be lectured about your unhealthy life-style by smiling do-gooders". Though I don't think that was the actual promotional line.) Due to uneven grass and occasional gusts of wind, every few minutes the display board behind me gently toppled onto my head. I feel hot and dehydrated, I have sore feet and a sore head.

Unfortunately, unlike yesterday's toner whump, I really can't think of a way to get some Shep whump out of this, due to the unlikelihood of Sheppard ever having to stand for six hours in a hot marquee touting his services to passers-by (minds out of the gutter, please ), in between the "you're all going to DIE in a fire" stall and the "you're all going to DIE unless you eat nothing but carrots" stall.

Unless someone runs a "Healthy Galaxy Day" and Shep is manning the "how to protect your planet from the Wraith" stall. (Practical demonstration from Ronon at 2 p.m. Citrus Awareness talk by R. McKay at 3.30.)
                  I would go to that day

Just got home to find next month's Sky TV guide on the doormat. We have a half page feature on SGA, ready for its August 19th UK premiere, which starts by urging people to watch even if they've not watched any previous eps. Season 4 promotional group pic, though. Their very brief season four recap: (Last Man spoilers)
                  Spoiler:
                  ..."Now in the present, Sheppard is mankind's only chance to rewrite history. However, he's stopped in his tracks when a building collapses on him!" The caption to his picture, after saying who he is, says "his deadliest mission lies ahead"... Yay for deadliest missions!
                  I saw that too I liked that they are trying to promote it, good on them
                  OK seriously I have had a whine on LJ and that usually works but I don't feel any happier, anyone got any nice pics or some truly indulgent whump fic suggestions? I don't mind re-reading ones I have read before if anyone has a favourite they have....any suggestions.....help

Comment

Spoiler:
                    I saw that I was soooo happy cos usually it doesn't get much of a mention in the tv mags!

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Looked the "Whispers" pics. They're awesome!

Spoiler:
                      The turtleneck is so cute. The guy must be cold, I think its adorable. I've always thought Joe must get chilled easily from other pictures, people with lean muscle tend to be like that. Love it!

My fanfic-
                      http://www.fanfiction.net/~kristen999

Comment

Originally posted by Listy View Post
                        OK seriously I have had a whine on LJ and that usually works but I don't feel any happier, anyone got any nice pics or some truly indulgent whump fic suggestions? I don't mind re-reading ones I have read before if anyone has a favourite they have....any suggestions.....help
                        My favorite whump fic is Running on Empty by sholio.

As for piccies...

S1
                        Spoiler:

S2
                        Spoiler:

S3
                        Spoiler:

S4
                        Spoiler:

S5
                        Spoiler:

sigpic
                        Sig by Luciana
                        My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Ruffles you are a complete hero!!! tried to green you but it wouldn't let me so ((((hugs))))

Running on Empty is an awesome suggestion and those pics are rather delicious

Comment

Listy - I'll add another favorite of mine from Sholio - "The Killing Frost" great reading for this hot weather.
                            http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3060760/1/The_Killing_Frost
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
                              Listy - I'll add another favorite of mine from Sholio - "The Killing Frost" great reading for this hot weather.
                              http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3060760/1/The_Killing_Frost

awesome thank you

Comment

Yargh. No energy. Should be writing but can't be faffed... Think I'll go eat chocolate instead.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X