• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by weirfan517
    20. You talk to anything with ears about her
    That's funny

Welcome Luz!

Comment

Originally posted by Dorka
      She talked Russian in Lost City i think (as Jessica Steen!)... GERMAN??? where was there German... must have missed that! Maybe German is just so normal to me that I haven't even noticed!

I'm pretty sure Spanish is one of the languages.... Mybe she will just start speaking Czeh with Zelenka *g*
      I think she spoke French with the man with whom she was vying for a cab...???
      sigpic
      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by weirfan517
        10. You name your video game characters after her
        11. You named your dog after her
        I don't think I've gotten that far yet but maybe next time I start up Sims 2 I'll be tempted to do an SGA house.
        And shouldn't that be you named your dog after TH's dog; I mean you could call your dog Torri or Weir but Sedge is such a cool name for a pet.

Languagewise - didn't they say she knew Latin, possibly how she learnt Ancient so quickly because of similiarities.

Comment

So what do we have:
          -English
          -French
          -Russian
          -Latin
          -German

maybe she speaks more than just these 5... Spanish is the first language you learn in the USA, isn't it??? (here its French and then English!)

I've got a Sims2-Family with Liz and John and they have 2 Children called Torri and Joe I know....totaly crazy *g*
          Unfortunately I don't have pets... but I'm sure I would name them after SGA or CSI characters
          I'm happy I don't need to buy lenses with colors, because I have absolutely the same greenish-color of eyes and the same hair color too and I fold my arms all the time and do the thing with the eyebrows too (not by prupose, I swear!)
          And yes, my Mom is annoyed because I speak so often about her and SGA Whaaa... O.k I think I'm really a fan !

Comment

Originally posted by Dorka
            I've got a Sims2-Family with Liz and John and they have 2 Children called Torri and Joe I know....totaly crazy *g*
            Hehe, that's cute!

Comment

Hi all. Did not do very well with Torri at the con, but did get this one.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                I think she spoke French with the man with whom she was vying for a cab...???
                It was Russian. I remember Major Fischer, who speaks Russian, commenting on the quality of Steen's pronunciation (I don't think it was that good).

She probably speaks Latin as well, given how easily she translated Halling's Ancient in one of the early episodes.

There's no real order to learning languages in the US; in fact, it's only been recently that most schools have started requiring foreign languages. Most people take Spanish because they think it's going to be easy (where they get that notion, I have no idea). I studied German first and then Italian. *shrugs*

Elizabeth's too young to have dealt with the Soviets much, but she obviously did learn Russian. Now, it's up to interpretation as to whether she meant she speaks five including English or five plus English, but my guesses would be Russian, Latin, French, and perhaps Czech. Korean is a good guess, of course, and I wouldn't be surprised if she were trying to learn a dialect or two of Arabic before Hayes asked he to serve.
                Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                Last update: 14 April 2006
                Melyanna's Multimedia
                Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

@Kliggin: wow, the first really good Pic of the con... the other aren't really good quality!

I'm happy to speak 2 Languages perfectly and 2 a bit... 5 would be really much to learn! I think she learned Ancient, when she get the Arctic-mission ...

Comment

tsaxlady: thankyou so much for sharing these pics
                    Torri barefoot.Yeah. She is so lovely

Kliggins: Nice pic, I would like to see her as Liz smiling in this way
                    (and her t-shirt is very cool)

Why oh why are these cons so far, far away?

weirfan517: How you know that you’re obsessed with Dr. Weir
                    Green eyes: check
                    Eyebrow: check (as Dorka said, not on purpose, it´s more of a bad habit )
                    Armes crossed: check
                    Hair: it´s longer, but the color is right now
                    Name pets: I could try this on one of my cats
                    Tell everyone: Yeah, maybe no-one near me is ever going to say „Who´s Torri Higginson?“

Lizzie´s lenguages:
                    I also thought she spoke Russian with this cab-guy.
                    I also would say french or/and Spanish, maybe an east European language, cause didn´t say the old Weir something of negotiations on the Balkan?
                    And an Asian language.
                    And I definitly would like to see Liz talk with Zelenka in Czech
                    (Ok, I think that are more than 5 languages - without English)

Now we can add ancient and wraith

Most people take Spanish because they think it's going to be easy (where they get that notion, I have no idea). I studied German first and then Italian.
                    I think Spanish is easier to learn than Italian but thats only my experience. I lost a little of the "Italian learning process"( not to mention Greek *headdesk*) when I started Spanish. *shrugs*
                    Age is an issue of mind over matter...if you don't mind it doesn't matter

...Bonkers. But Brilliant...

Comment

You talk to anything with ears about her
                      Everything with ears wish they didn’t have any
                      LMAO, that sounds about right
                      Your family and friends know all about her and TH and they don’t even watch the show
                      Oh definately! Especially since I'm always going ''Oo Mum look at this pic. I want hair like this''
                      You dress up as Weir for Halloween
                      You know i actually have a fancy dress party coming up....

Aww Kliggins, that's a lovely photo. I loveit, they're so cute and Yay! for bare-foot Boho!Torri

I studied French and German for 3 years each and can just about say hello
                      Last edited by SallyLizzie; 13 July 2005, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Hehe, I studied Japanese for a couple of years and all I can do is say hello, what my name is and ask if you have a pet.

How many languages does Daniel know again? The number was higher than Weir's impressive 5.

Comment

Twenty-something. Twenty-three, maybe? I get the impression, though, that Daniel learned languages because he wanted to, while Elizabeth learned them because they'd be useful to her. She's obviously good at it to have deciphered Wraith on her own, but I doubt she picks up a new language because she wants to.
                          Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                          Last update: 14 April 2006
                          Melyanna's Multimedia
                          Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Gold star to Mel
                            I checked the transcripts - Daniel: Well, I speak 23 different languages. Pick one.

Had to post these. Torri has the most amazing smile

Ugh! my friend ordered a bunch of Torri DVDs for me and 2 of them are out of stock so he's getting a refund, and another site he ordered from took the money and never got back intouch Guess a holiday to Canada is called for... the lengths you go to see a movie

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
                              Gold star to Mel
                              I checked the transcripts - Daniel: Well, I speak 23 different languages. Pick one.

Had to post these. Torri has the most amazing smile

Ugh! my friend ordered a bunch of Torri DVDs for me and 2 of them are out of stock so he's getting a refund, and another site he ordered from took the money and never got back intouch Guess a holiday to Canada is called for... the lengths you go to see a movie
                              Gah! You beat me to it!
                              I was just about to post that exact same picture of Torri just now!...darn it!
                              oh, what the hell! It cant hurt to post it twice!

hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

Hey all! I love the photos. She does have an amazing smile of course. Very nice teeth, I wish I had teeth like that.

I also made another list, I think this might be my last one for a while, hope yall like it and tell me what you think.

How you know you’re obsessed with Torri Higginson

1. You’ve memorized every line in every movie or tv series she did
                                2. Everyone you know doesn’t not know who she is
                                3. You act like you’re Canadian when you’re not
                                4. You impersonate all of her accents from her credits
                                5. You try to do her one raised eyebrow thing
                                6. You spend hours in front of the mirror trying to do it (I still can’t do it)
                                7. You squee everytime you hear her name
                                8. You watched “The English Patient” just for her 60 seconds
                                9. You only watched “Storm of the Century” for her monologue
                                10. You’ve named your pets after hers
                                11. You’ve made screencaps of everything she has done filmed
                                12. You style your hair like hers in all her movies
                                13. You’ve joined every online group thats about her
                                14. You’re posting on this thread
                                15. You talk about her all the time
                                16. You know her birthday but forgot yours
                                17. You’ve been to every convention she was at
                                18. You talk to inanimate objects about her
                                19. There’s a restraining order against you
                                20. You’re walls are covered with pictures of her
                                21. You’ve made lots of wallpaper with little pics of her
                                22. You’re obsessed with her hair
                                23. You make music videos of her
                                24. You wear green contacts to have green eyes like hers (if you don’t already have them)
                                25. You start pronouncing words like her
                                26. You’ve said literally over 100 times in the past week “OMG! I love her hair”
                                McKay: I'm invulnerable!
                                Weir: Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?
                                McKay: In-vul-ner-able.

McKAY: I'm not crazy -- I just have another consciousness in my brain.

First icon made by Cathain Nottingham and last 4 made by ToasterOnFire
                                My LJ My Fanfic My Homeschooling Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X