This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Major_Moomin
    I love it! Everything fits so perfectly in it. I'm making it my new desktop!
    Thanks, I'm trying a Sheppard one in the same vein (I wanted to do one for each character), but it's not turning out so well.

Comment

Round of applause to the multi-talented Blue Very pretty

Just a reminder to my fellow Brits that the 3rd and concluding part of Storm of the Century is on tonight. BBC1 at 11:45.

Comment

Took me a while to find this thread. I must be blind lol. Anyways, I made a Weir vid! Finished it last night, just uploaded it a bit ago.

Song: Krwlng by Linkin Park
        5:42; 14.1mbs; WMV Format

Download here: http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/weirkrwlng/weir.html

Feedback, well, GIVE ME!!!!

And also, that last wallpaper, the Fearless Leader one, I snagged it, and it is replacing this Sark wallpaper I got up right now. And that's saying ALOT because I absoutely adore this Sark wallpaper

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
        Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
          Took me a while to find this thread. I must be blind lol. Anyways, I made a Weir vid! Finished it last night, just uploaded it a bit ago.

Song: Krwlng by Linkin Park
          5:42; 14.1mbs; WMV Format

Download here: http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/weirkrwlng/weir.html
          Feedback, well, GIVE ME!!!!
          Pretty good. I haven't heard that remix of the song before but it fits quite well. I admit I got a tad bored at the beginning but I really liked the end half, it really gave a sense of her being on her own.
          Last edited by Purpleyin; 07 July 2005, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Hello all! I was just watching "New Order 1 and 2" again because we're having this 20 hour SG1 marathon over here and I wanted to say some stuff about Torri. First of all She had really awsome hair in those eps (forgive me, I have a weird "hair" thing hehe) it was shoulder length and straight. (she looks good with straight hair) She also had a little wardrobe. I think she was wearing...1...2...3 different outfits. Torri really dosen't have that big of a wardrobe on SGA so far. I think we've seen her wear a total of...counting...7 different outfits. Thats kinda funny she had 3 outfits in 2 eps of SG1 compared to 7 in 21 eps of SGA. Anyway off the topic of appearence, she was really good at bluffing with the goa'uld and handling the situations at the SGC. I don't really have much else to say about her appearence on SG1 but I'll have lots of stuff tomorrow about SGA because we're getting a 20 hour marathon tommorow. (yay!)

On another topic about Torri, someone was saying something about her voice. They said they had been watching SGA with a German voiceover and that her real voice is so much better. Torri does have a really good voice, its a "strong" nice voice and voiceovers are horrible. I've never seen one with Torri but I've seen a couple with other actors I like and they were really bad. I'm also glad that Torri has a good voice and not one of those annoying high-pitched ones if you know what I mean. (I think I've also developed a weird "voice" thing too)

Well anyway, anyone here who's going to the convention in Burbank, would you say hi for us and please take lots of pictures or whatever? If you do thanks in advance. I'll talk to ya'll later I have to finish my Weir fic.
            McKay: I'm invulnerable!
            Weir: Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?
            McKay: In-vul-ner-able.

McKAY: I'm not crazy -- I just have another consciousness in my brain.

First icon made by Cathain Nottingham and last 4 made by ToasterOnFire
            My LJ My Fanfic My Homeschooling Blog

Comment

Originally posted by weirfan517
              Hello all! I was just watching "New Order 1 and 2" again because we're having this 20 hour SG1 marathon over here and I wanted to say some stuff about Torri. First of all She had really awsome hair in those eps (forgive me, I have a weird "hair" thing hehe) it was shoulder length and straight. (she looks good with straight hair) She also had a little wardrobe. I think she was wearing...1...2...3 different outfits. Torri really dosen't have that big of a wardrobe on SGA so far. I think we've seen her wear a total of...counting...7 different outfits. Thats kinda funny she had 3 outfits in 2 eps of SG1 compared to 7 in 21 eps of SGA. Anyway off the topic of appearence, she was really good at bluffing with the goa'uld and handling the situations at the SGC. I don't really have much else to say about her appearence on SG1 but I'll have lots of stuff tomorrow about SGA because we're getting a 20 hour marathon tommorow. (yay!)

On another topic about Torri, someone was saying something about her voice. They said they had been watching SGA with a German voiceover and that her real voice is so much better. Torri does have a really good voice, its a "strong" nice voice and voiceovers are horrible. I've never seen one with Torri but I've seen a couple with other actors I like and they were really bad. I'm also glad that Torri has a good voice and not one of those annoying high-pitched ones if you know what I mean. (I think I've also developed a weird "voice" thing too)

Well anyway, anyone here who's going to the convention in Burbank, would you say hi for us and please take lots of pictures or whatever? If you do thanks in advance. I'll talk to ya'll later I have to finish my Weir fic.
              She does have a nice voice, strong like you say. And it may just be her accent, but she has an interesting way of pronnouncing a few words.

The outfit thing (let's see if I can do this from memory...and as a measure of my geekiness):
              longsleeve red uniform + jacket, short sleeve red shirt, Antarctic outfit (Rising), Simon video outfit, black dress suit (Rising party), white t-shirt (hide and seek), grey longsleeve (38mins), brown jacket outfit (38mins), blue button up (suspicion), light blue top + jeans (underground), pink t-shirt (home), mckay reality suit (home), white Ancient dress (before I sleep), brown jacket + pink top (letters from Pegasus) - I think this is the same jacket from 38 mins though.

Am I missing any?

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
                She does have a nice voice, strong like you say. And it may just be her accent, but she has an interesting way of pronnouncing a few words.

The outfit thing (let's see if I can do this from memory...and as a measure of my geekiness):
                longsleeve red uniform + jacket, short sleeve red shirt, Antarctic outfit (Rising), Simon video outfit, black dress suit (Rising party), white t-shirt (hide and seek), grey longsleeve (38mins), brown jacket outfit (38mins), blue button up (suspicion), light blue top + jeans (underground), pink t-shirt (home), mckay reality suit (home), white Ancient dress (before I sleep), brown jacket + pink top (letters from Pegasus) - I think this is the same jacket from 38 mins though.

Am I missing any?

Okay lets see, I believe I was missing some. Lets count real quick,
                1) the antartica fleece one
                2) the whole uniform
                3) black pantsuit
                4) short sleeved red shirt
                5) short sleeved red shirt with stipe on sides
                6) long sleeved red shirt
                7) blue button up shirt
                8) white tanktop and blue jeans
                9) pink shirt and black pants
                10) gray long sleeve shirt
                11) white ancient dress
                12) brown jacket outfit

I guess i missed a few does anyone know if there are anymore? So far I've got 12. I bet she'll have a bigger wardrobe in S2.
                McKay: I'm invulnerable!
                Weir: Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?
                McKay: In-vul-ner-able.

McKAY: I'm not crazy -- I just have another consciousness in my brain.

First icon made by Cathain Nottingham and last 4 made by ToasterOnFire
                My LJ My Fanfic My Homeschooling Blog

Comment

When making my vid I realized that most of her shirts are red lol.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                  Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

I bet she'll have a bigger wardrobe in S2.
                    I hope! She had to have brought more clothes than that. At least she has a bigger wardrobe than Teyla, who seems to own, like, one shirt.
                    The Teyla Appreciation Thread

Comment

I just noticed that the red wrap-around shirt she's wearing in all the S2 promotional pics is the same shirt that she wore with the black pantsuit in the end of Rising. So I guess she doesn't get that much larger a wardrobe
                      sigpic
                      http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

@Weirfan: Yep, her German vioce is really not worhy for her! It's higher and monotone... I don't like it at all. Her real voice is just wonderful...it reminded me at the voice of Cate Blanchett at the begining of Lord of the Rings

I hope in the next season Liz will wear also other colours... not that I don't like red/pink...but not in 80% of the episodes!!!
                        I loved the Blue top, or even the grey costume!!!

Comment

Originally posted by weirfan517
                          On another topic about Torri, someone was saying something about her voice. They said they had been watching SGA with a German voiceover and that her real voice is so much better. Torri does have a really good voice, its a "strong" nice voice and voiceovers are horrible.
                          That would have been me. Yes, Torri's German voice is... it sounds like a school teacher on the verge of yelling. Constantly. And she sounds unfriendly even when she's being friendly in the scene. A lot of German fans who haven't seen the episodes in English don't like Weir because of that. We keep telling them, "Wait till you see them in English! She's really not like that, I swear!"

A funny thing happened at work yesterday. I just graduated from college, but can't find any job, so I started working at McDonald's. A family of five comes in, the woman steps up to the counter, and I swear she looked just like Torri! She even had an outfit that looked a little like the one Weir wore in Antarctica (yes it's July, but we're freezing here in Germany). I had to keep myself from giggling. She was really nice too and I didn't want to let her go - and she even came back for some more food!

Sorry, silly fangirl moment here.

In a world that seems to be increasing in conformity
                          it's harder and harder to be who you wanna be
                          It takes a lot of courage to stand up and get what you need
                          And lots of us are happy in a different kind of family

Comment

Originally posted by Dorka
                            @Weirfan: Yep, her German vioce is really not worhy for her! It's higher and monotone... I don't like it at all. Her real voice is just wonderful...it reminded me at the voice of Cate Blanchett at the begining of Lord of the Rings

I hope in the next season Liz will wear also other colours... not that I don't like red/pink...but not in 80% of the episodes!!!
                            I loved the Blue top, or even the grey costume!!!
                            Well from the S2 pics so far, it looks like red is still the colour. I like the blue one from Suspicion and the black suit from Rising.

Comment

Originally posted by CoffeeGirl
                              That would have been me. Yes, Torri's German voice is... it sounds like a school teacher on the verge of yelling. Constantly. And she sounds unfriendly even when she's being friendly in the scene. A lot of German fans who haven't seen the episodes in English don't like Weir because of that. We keep telling them, "Wait till you see them in English! She's really not like that, I swear!"

A funny thing happened at work yesterday. I just graduated from college, but can't find any job, so I started working at McDonald's. A family of five comes in, the woman steps up to the counter, and I swear she looked just like Torri! She even had an outfit that looked a little like the one Weir wore in Antarctica (yes it's July, but we're freezing here in Germany). I had to keep myself from giggling. She was really nice too and I didn't want to let her go - and she even came back for some more food!

Sorry, silly fangirl moment here.
                              Out of curiousity, what other translations are done for Atlantis, and what does their version of Weir sound like?

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
                                Out of curiousity, what other translations are done for Atlantis, and what does their version of Weir sound like?
                                Well, most of the European countries translate shows and movies that are not in their original language. I think Sweden is one of the few countries where they show the original versions on TV with subtitles.

I remember watching an episode of SG-1 in french. It was too cute. The way Carter said, "Oui, mon colonel...."

We do get the original versions on DVD, however. I haven't heard any voices for Weir except the German one, but it was bad enough. Not to mention Beckett and Zelenka who lost their accents completely.

In a world that seems to be increasing in conformity
                                it's harder and harder to be who you wanna be
                                It takes a lot of courage to stand up and get what you need
                                And lots of us are happy in a different kind of family

Comment

Working...
                                X