This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vix, have I told you how much I love you today? *squeeze!*

Smiling Eliz/Torri is awesome beyond words!!!

THANKS!

Comment

Some pics from one of my favourite Torri flicks - Bliss

Man! I wish my legs were that slim

Comment

More from BLiss

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler84
          OT:

Dude, NotANumber, I love you're McDonalds thingy. Hehe.
          *seconds that!* I'm so glad that's been made bc every time i read 'McWeir' i thought 'umm..McDonalds' and got really hungry, now when i read 'mcweir' i'll think of your sig and my amusement will distract me from teh hunger

I wouldn't mind if there was a date as long as it wasn't a case of HEY LOOK!OVER HERE. WEIR'S GOT A DATE. I mean, how long are you supposed to wait before forming relationships or just having a meal with someone to find out more about them?

Comment

Originally posted by Cathain Nottingham
            Oh no doubt, its early in the show and the situations that go on will cause relationships / connections no matter attractions or not.

And the date, I don't know just at some point before the end I'd love to see a dinner between Rodney and Liz. I think he'd make a fool of himself
            And of course being the ever patient woman she is she'd probably put up with him with an amused smile, because it's be dorky but cute. I don't know why they don't have any thing like that on show - and I don't mean shippy, just friends scenes. It'd be nice if they slipped them in.

So far there was the one in Intruder with John, and the Hide and Seek one she wasn't invited to technically and the big party at the end of Rising but seems like poor Lizzie doesn't get much time to relax, maybe they want to project that or maybe they don't figure such scenes matter. It's just I'd like some friendship scenes to help with the whole they're a city, colleagues, but also friends (I mean I know they are but it'd be nice to see the people being friends more, talking not just about work) - and because then we'd get her out of uniform with a wardrobe change too and maybe some bits of backstory revealed?

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
              *seconds that!* I'm so glad that's been made bc every time i read 'McWeir' i thought 'umm..McDonalds' and got really hungry, now when i read 'mcweir' i'll think of your sig and my amusement will distract me from teh hunger
              Mwahaha, the madness spreads.

I wouldn't mind if there was a date as long as it wasn't a case of HEY LOOK!OVER HERE. WEIR'S GOT A DATE. I mean, how long are you supposed to wait before forming relationships or just having a meal with someone to find out more about them?
              I definitely agree; I could handle a date but I don't want to see it overemphasized. And you just know SciFi would have it in their promos or something.
              But you do raise a good point. How often do we see the Atlantis crew bonding with each other? It's almost nonstop scifi and action with some character development squeezed in on the side. I'd like to see Elizabeth doing everyday stuff with the other team members. Elizabeth eating meals with Rodney in the mess hall. Elizabeth gabbing with Teyla after stick practice. I'll even be okay with Elizabeth out on the balcony with Shep. Little stuff like that shows that friendships are developing, that the crew listens to each other, and that they like to spend time together. Vital stuff for any solid bonding between two people, whether it develops into more or not.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire

I definitely agree; I could handle a date but I don't want to see it overemphasized. And you just know SciFi would have it in their promos or something.
                But you do raise a good point. How often do we see the Atlantis crew bonding with each other? It's almost nonstop scifi and action with some character development squeezed in on the side. I'd like to see Elizabeth doing everyday stuff with the other team members. Elizabeth eating meals with Rodney in the mess hall. Elizabeth gabbing with Teyla after stick practice. I'll even be okay with Elizabeth out on the balcony with Shep. Little stuff like that shows that friendships are developing, that the crew listens to each other, and that they like to spend time together. Vital stuff for any solid bonding between two people, whether it develops into more or not.
                Yeah TPTB don't even need to make it shippy, just some general interaction between characters. Anyone remember Star Trek: DS9? They could meet for coffee and such. Atlantis needs that too.

Comment

Originally posted by Cathain Nottingham
                  Yeah TPTB don't even need to make it shippy, just some general interaction between characters. Anyone remember Star Trek: DS9? They could meet for coffee and such. Atlantis needs that too.
                  You're right about that, but even in DS9 it took a bit of time for that to happen.

I'd like to see some kind of flashback or backstory about what went on in Antartica in terms of researching the Ancient outpost. Obviously that scenario wouldn't entail the constant Wraith threat, and would probably be very informal in certain ways, plus it does seem from Rising that Rodney and Elizabeth were well acquainted.

Comment

I am so with you guys on this! One of my fave scenes as a shep/weir shipper was simply the two of them sitting and talking and drinking coffee and some friendly ribbing of each other. That is what we see more of. Maybe doing laundry together or something. I even want to see tey and eliz. do something together. just more personal interaction all the way around makes a good show better! action is good but it's not the end all.

-B
                    WN!

Comment

Now there's a question...

How do they do laundry? Plenty of water but what do they do - hang up clothes lines?
                      Can you imagine how Atlantis would look?

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
                        I even want to see tey and eliz. do something together. just more personal interaction all the way around makes a good show better!
                        ToasterOnFire asked Joe M. about this possibility already. He just responded.

-- Original Question Posted by ToasterOnFire
                        Hi Joe,

I've recently noticed that Atlantis tends to focus more on friendships between men (Shep and Rodney, Shep and Ford, Rodney and Zelenka, etc.) and shy a bit away from friendships between women. Are there any plans for an episode that focuses/develops the friendship between Elizabeth and Teyla? I think it would be great for both of their characters.

-- Joe's response:

That's a friendship that has yet to be fully explored.

-- My response:

Nice Joe. Not even a crumb that we could nible off of?

Wanna sig? Ask me. I'll probably make you one.
                        I would also like it noted that in The Long Goodbye,
                        Spoiler:
                        Weir asked John to be her husband, and he said yes!! HA!!! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler84
                          Nice Joe. Not even a crumb that we could nible off of?
                          Yeah, that was a bit of a bummer. I translated it as "Not something we're planning on developing right now", and since all the season 2 eps are penned or almost completely written then I figure we're not getting anything this season.
                          Oh well, at least he knows that there are fans out there that would like to see a better friendship between Elizabeth and Teyla. And he gave me some sweet anime recommendations (seen them all already, but they're all excellent anyway.)

But I did like his comment about TLG:
                          Spoiler:
                          "Check out The Long Goodbye for Fighty Weir with kung-fu grip."
                          Hee hee, action figure!Weir.

Comment

She should wear a skirt in Atlantis too really cool! I hope they will show bliss over here sometime!

thanks for liking my sig

Comment

Oh I forgot, I wanted to post a pic....Love her green eyes

Comment

Weir got a fair bit of bashing early on, but it's diminished drastically since BIS and the new eps this season. Teyla bashing seems to be going strong though, especially on other forums. Sigh.
                                But where does one draw the line between bashing and simply observing that things could be better? SG:A is my favorite TV show at the moment but that doesn't mean I have to suspend my critical faculties, does it?
                                I may be wrong, but it seems like the women characters on Atlantis have gotten more of the fan bashing than the men.
                                On this we agree 110%. Personally, I think it has to do w/ ingrained sexism in our society. It's certainly been my experience that female characters in drama are held to much higher standard than men—and I'm a guy, so I can only imagine who apparent this is to female viewers.
                                [QUOTE[Odd too that women fans seem to be doing most of the bashing against the women characters.[/QUOTE] You're on to something there, but I can't even speculate on why that is. Internalization of years of being on the receiving end of sexism? Who knows?
                                Ford gets his bashing for being underdeveloped
                                I wouldn't say *Ford* got bashed for it, but TPTB came in for a lot of criticism (deservedly so, IMO) for failing to flesh out his character. That's a case of lamenting that the show wasn't as good as it could, I think.
                                There's no point attacking fans who don't like Elizabeth or Teyla, if anything it just makes them more aggressive.
                                I don't dislike Teyla, but I don't think the character has ever really sprung to life, either. Partly because she often seems to be written as some kind of male fantasy projection, which strikes me as patronizing to men & women alike. Partly it's because Rachel L. seems hamstrung by some of the writing, especially its stilted diction (less talk & more action would be a good formula, IMO). I just get the impression she's really struggling w/ the part, which pulls me out of the show when I want to be wrapped up in the story & characters instead.
                                For whatever reason, both TH & RL seem more relaxed, confident & expansive this season. I'm still not sold on Teyla but she's less obtrusive, IMO, and seems to have a promising foil in That Running Guy (their vast disparity in height adds to the potential charm). I want the show to fire on all cylinders but a couple of them continue to sputter.

BTW, one lovely thing about this thread is that there's a fairly equal division of McWeir and ShWeir shippers (not that I am of either persuasion) plus a healthy sprinkling of OT3ers (not there, either), which provides a certain equilibrium. By contrast, the Carter thread has become a de facto Sam/Jack, which can get tiresome, especially when there's an average of 95-100 posts a day. Uff da!
                                We now resume our regularly scheduled thunking ...

Le sigh!

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

Working...
                                X