Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scifan View Post
    Hee hee. But it sounded good.
    If you can't we understand though. I know at least one show you're looking forward to. Any others?
    *lol*

Yeah of course I'm looking forward to CSI NY...but also to Criminal Minds and Numb3rs
    sigpic
    Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Why do you think Sheppard was so adamant Teyla was innocent?

I think he felt like since he trusted her right from the moment they met, that there as no way she could be guilty. John trusts instincts all the time and as Sci said she was on his team and he also took it personally.

Did we enjoy the relationship between Weir and her city?

At this point no. I loved Weir later on, but not so much yet.

Why was Sheppard so devastated when Teyla was implicated?

I think John had this immediate and unquestioned faith in Teyla from the beginning and to have that shot down was devastating to him.

WHat do you think Rodney was thinking when Sheppard said "I gave it to her"?

Not really sure. I think he was caught off guard as to how and why until John said he found it.
      (I actually loved the way Rodney spoke to Bates when he didn't get that John was the one who activated the necklace. Left Bates speechless for a second.)

"What the hell is this?"
      "I know how it looks. It was a special request from Sargeant Bates."
      "I'm gonna bust that son of a *****."
      sigpic
      Sig made by Cazzblade! Thanks!
      Forever!!

Comment

I think John trusted Teyla during Suspiscion because it was one of those "Duh" things. Why would Teyla - or any of the Athosians - give intel to the wraith? He'd seen the devastation the wraith caused among the people not culled. Why would they willingly go through that?

Aside from that, Teyla saved his life in Rising - from the culling beam - and trust had been built from there.
        sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Hi everyone ! how are you ? I can't find an appart I'm starting to be really fed up and stressed so not the great form LOL
          Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
          Where does that naked line come from??

"I shot him."
          Ok thanks
          Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
          JF speaks french asgard

AMC- naked alien line is from Intruder
          Yeah I know he made studies in France but I know too that when you don't use often a languagae you forget it really quick
          So true. BS fits Brain Storm so well and I agree with Identity too. Would've been better if Teyla was the one... IMO

Thanks hun and take your time.
          Oh that's too funny thanks for sharing.

Ooops. Totally wrong ep and season.

Originally posted by Camy View Post
          Thanks!

Could i possibly fall anymore for this man!!!! Thank you. This was too damn cute! I wish he would speak some Spanish. Then, I'd really fall over hills for him for good!
          Yeah I know what you mean I watch most of all american series but I'm so proud when I see the actors trying to speak french or being interested LOl
          Here's another ficlet I did awhile go,but never got betad until now. I forget if I posted it or not.

More Than Words Can Say:

Spoiler:

The End
          No you haven't posted it but it's awesome I find it so true and it's what I would have loved for Kanaan, I wouldn't him to suffer but I regret that he never expressed his problem with Sheppard, was he blind or didn't he care ? For sure I know people who has close friends of opposite sex and I have to say that when i consider them I always think of the possibility of someday more
          Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
          Well..to be fair...I think there is a lack of fan interest *ducking*

Look at this thread alone and compare it to a year ago. We porobably had three to five times as many regular posters than we do now. People move on and go to different shows. As for making movies, I remember TPTB mentioning how Star Trek: DS9 could get a movie...if the TNG movies did well. Yeah. Right.

JM has a vested interest in making sure that people care about the SGA movie, but the people who have moved on (actors, BW, whomever) either are saying no or don't think it's going to happen. Remember, from JM's POV Teyla's character had major time on screen during the last half of season five :rolleyes I'll take DH's gut or rumors of what BW said over anything JM posts.

And, I don't think I would want to read the script...it would probably just frustrate me anyway.
          I have no idea for a movie. I suppose I have hope as for Sam/Jack in the movie vs the serie. I really don't know I had hope but I fear to be disapointed.
          For sure i had lost interest. I'm not even motivated to watch the serie again for fear of pain (it's the problem when you live too much a serie LOl). I was really burned out (?) by this ship I never ship so much before and motivated I tried with Eric and Calleigh and seeing the spoilers for the next season (Adam was the only reason I watched the show ) so I'm really disapointed in ship right now. I poften ship it came with thime and with love for the characters and all but never as much as JT and to be honnest it will probably be the last.
          (I still have little hope for Moonlight ending LOL).
          But it's a risk. If McKeller was a major factor in the movie, since it's canon, how many people are going to buy it? If I knew that it hada Teyla/Kanaan wedding in there, I wouldn't pay for that. What if people don't like the plot?

This isn't like the series where they made their money from SciFi and then DVD help boost money. The series left off shaky (look how many people said they would rewrite it) and some people haven't even watched it at all in here (I know Camy...and I thought there were a couple of others). That, to me, doesn't scream "This fandom wants more!"

I think between the bad decisions over the years, a lot of the fandom doesn't trust TPTB to honor the characters they love so much. And, if rumors are that the movie sucked, then the movies studio just lost money with the movie.

I think the best bet is for SGU to do terrible and people crave that good ol' SGA (or SG-1) feeling. Then the demand for the movie will be higher.
          I don't have seen all the eps (due to technical problem if it was on tv I would have watched it) but sure if there is a movie as in france it comes after I'll wait to see what you think of it. I was really disappointed in S5 and as you say the focus is McKeller I won't buy it for sure.
          These people use to post regularly, at least, once a day or week...now if we see them once a month or year, we're lucky: Hope, MrsB, Linda, Mayra, Cabouse, Devine, elephantgirl, girlinabox, Padme, WingedPegasus, Snowball, TeylaFan. That doesn't count the older people like Cyn, Nick, Steph...

You remember when birthday alerts were going off six to ten times a month. Now we're lucky if there are three--look at this month--there is one. And a lot of times, the person doesn't post here, in this thread, regularly.

I understand that there are the hard core fans that will want the movie. But, really, it's not those that are going to make the sales. Look at movies that have hard core fandoms based in TV and look out the sales translate (ST:TNG and The X-Files instantly come to mind. And no, I'm not talking ST with the new shiny set and pretty cast)...it wasn't profitible for the studios to put out more movies because the masses don't care.

If SGU does well, I don't see the studio "looking backwards"--especially if SGU ratings blow SGA's ratings out of the water. (But they won't be getting any ratings on SGU from me)
          I agree with you on this too the fan look at what they consider true.
          Besides true I miss a lot of people as for Linda she's really disapointed too, as we said before being a Teyla fan was really hard on the end, and I will say that Teyla was always my favorite but in the end I watched the show only for HER development.
          Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
          I never thought Ford added much to the show, yeah I liked his enthusiam and I did't dislike him but I prefer Ronon a lot. However, I miss how Shep was around Ford, he seems more lighthearted
          I always missed Ford he was so nice, fun, young and so nice wih everybody he opened doors to friendship. I think it was hard for me to see Ronon during a long time because of Ford but because too i couldn't suffer the Shep/ McKay banter sinc the start and didn't really liked how Ronon Teyla were so forcedsince the start by creating so big a secret.
          sigpic
          Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

I know what you mean Jess. There was a time that it was as busy as the JS/JF thunk thread. Some times 10-20 pages a day. :eek

I think the problem isn't that we don't have an interest in SGA, but that they've hurt our ship so much and lied that each thing tptb did to us slowly took us away, but now negative we've gotten at times. I remember when there were fights in here... so glad we don't have that any more either.

Another thing, is RL. Things keep making us more busy than before.

MIA's:(I know some come when they can, but alot has left since I've been here. )

LoveConquers
            Maffieg
            Girlinabox
            RubyCaspar
            Jtjaforever
            Cabouse
            Nick
            Vaberella
            Sanssong
            WitchBlade
            Anlaria Onyx
            Devine
            Elf
            johnandteylaforlife
            Hope
            Nina
            Winged
            Shelafan
            Spectrum
            Jet
            and it goes on.

I'm not trying to depress anyone. I'm just backing Jess up a bit. I can in around April, two years ago. I loved the positive thoughts and the comments.
            This was during season 3 too, so that makes a difference.
            I think when tptb hurt our ship, it showed how emotionally connected we were to how we loved JT. I think that is what hurt our threads(Galleria included).
            I still fantasize about JT having a happy ending and with fics we can do that. I don't know how the other ships do it. They keep plugging away. I don't see why we can't either.
            There is a lot of people in this list that I never encountered what is odd because they seem really fan. It seems to ma a lot are on LJ but it's true that when i came in here one year after viewing the thread regularly a lot of people had dispeared, yet a lot of new people suscribed.
            I register because i saw french so i thought I could be helped with my bad english. yet I meet none while I know some of them are always in the JT thread but on other forum. Generally a lot of french seemed to disapear because there was a french thread and a lot had forgoten about it. Perhaps this is because in France Stargate isn't difused since years.

So yeah i think this is perhaps the lack of things to say and sometimes, even if I come everyday I don't comment, because right now I'm stressed in RL and I don't know what to say.

On the other hand it doesn't seem to apply to everybody. Sometimes ago I wanted to subscribe to a Pretender forum because I watched some eps again and it brought me the melancholy of it, with the end of SGA and I have questions to ask. But it's true that the forum aren't so much active, neither the fanfics... I would say it's normal. But when you watch fanfics Shep Weir, they are aumenting every day I can't believe it and TBH I'm even impressed with their love because JT seems to suffer a lot. I agree this is odd the love still there but it seems we don't share it anymore.
            Oh I see. Sorry for misunderstanding.

I miss most of it, but not the fights. They got ugly. :eek
            LOL Fortunately i don't think I suffer them but on the contrrary I rememmbered your enthusiasm and all and it was awesome it really distracted me
            Originally posted by gater101 View Post
            jtja forever is still about fandom... she reviews my fics all the time so it's not like they've all left fandom completely. It's an odd situation.
            I agree this is really odd.

I think once again it's explained by their instant connection I mean since the first time they trusted each other, because of the circunstances, but after this Teyla saw that he came to save her and she saw the potential. She was sure to be dead, he came to save her, he saved her, what was new, and he brought so much hope.
            As for John he saw how valuable she was, I'm sure they became even more friends off screen we saw how they shared time and sparing andall.
            They're friend and as Teyla saw what John did, John saw that Teyla risked her life for him, she chosed to trust them and stay in Atlantis, this is not all for the Athosians, we have to think at all of what they lost and decided to share with the Lanteans.

No and TBH it took me time too to love Weir. It's fun sometimes i think that I was blinded by her role in SG1 I don't know. So many people thought of her as emotional and all. It was always what brought me a problem I found her so cold. True it was as if she didn't knew where to stand but as a fan of Teyla I was on Teyla side besides Teyla was Teal'c in some way, it was an obligatory passage, I was glad to seesupport from her team in some way but I didn't really like Weir in this.

This is normal when you place your trust in someone and fight for him and in the end discover you were wrong, he played you, you feel betrayed, it was almost a cheat (?)

I don't really know, it was the first time I liked McKay he seemed friendly IMO. He didn't want to spy on Teyla, perhaps by cowardise but he seemed affected and I liked this. I thought they could form a real team. i imagine he felt even worst to be wrong and have accused without truth. I don't know.
            [/B]
            Suspicion based fics... (Let me know if you know any)

Disaster Button by Gater101
            Yeah another fic to read
            sigpic
            Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
              *lol*

Yeah of course I'm looking forward to CSI NY...but also to Criminal Minds and Numb3rs
              Thre are so many that I can't wait to see too. Most of them I just catch on line now.

Originally posted by Rockhound View Post

I think he felt like since he trusted her right from the moment they met, that there as no way she could be guilty. John trusts instincts all the time and as Sci said she was on his team and he also took it personally.

At this point no. I loved Weir later on, but not so much yet.

I think John had this immediate and unquestioned faith in Teyla from the beginning and to have that shot down was devastating to him.

Not really sure. I think he was caught off guard as to how and why until John said he found it.
              (I actually loved the way Rodney spoke to Bates when he didn't get that John was the one who activated the necklace. Left Bates speechless for a second.)

"What the hell is this?"
              "I know how it looks. It was a special request from Sargeant Bates."
              "I'm gonna bust that son of a *****."
              Great views.

And I loved that part too when Rodney got Bates. I guess he told him. I also liked that Rodney didn't like the idea of going through Teyla's stuff. They were fairly new in them being on a team and he didn't have trouble trusting her either. I would think that is rare for Rodney.

Hee hee. I giggled at the part in the infirmary after Ford got hit. Rodney and John are in the stun club and Rodney prematurely congrating Ford. John's reaction when he found out that he didn't get stunned was cute. Just so many little character interactions were things I didn't notice before.

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
              I think John trusted Teyla during Suspiscion because it was one of those "Duh" things. Why would Teyla - or any of the Athosians - give intel to the wraith? He'd seen the devastation the wraith caused among the people not culled. Why would they willingly go through that?

Aside from that, Teyla saved his life in Rising - from the culling beam - and trust had been built from there.
              Good points.

Comment

I don't know if the idea of a book club is always on the mind but I thought I could share this one.
                http://seldear.livejournal.com/607962.html

This is by Tielan I found her an awesome writer but I always loved this story. I don't often review story because i'm bad and i don't knw what to say except that i love them.
                I'll try to say why I love this story.
                I think because it always made me think of the first season of SGA when John and Teyla were so at ease with each other yet there was always this tension, but a good tension I mean they cared for each other but played too with each other.
                I find both of them totally in charcater when John was totally boyish (I don't know if you can use it like that but it represents totally what I mean), playful, confident in himself and you know the affection he had for teyla.
                Teyla was too playful as in the first season when she was carefree as John, fun and she loved to stick wih john, when they stick together and fun as it seems they were younger almost ado with their relationship with each other.
                I love the surprise in the end from teyla which apport what is necessary of tension between them, as for John I picture him totally as he was in the first season around Teyla, you know the 'he sees through me ...' and John say "Do I ?" and Teyla answers "No" this is this look that I see in John (totally hot LOL).
                So this is a great story, not fluffy but really personal and I think I'd have loved a continuation to the story with this light banter and short stories. But thisstory is really perfect for me
                sigpic
                Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

Thre are so many that I can't wait to see too. Most of them I just catch on line now.

Great views.

And I loved that part too when Rodney got Bates. I guess he told him. I also liked that Rodney didn't like the idea of going through Teyla's stuff. They were fairly new in them being on a team and he didn't have trouble trusting her either. I would think that is rare for Rodney.

Hee hee. I giggled at the part in the infirmary after Ford got hit. Rodney and John are in the stun club and Rodney prematurely congrating Ford. John's reaction when he found out that he didn't get stunned was cute. Just so many little character interactions were things I didn't notice before.

Good points.
                  Totally when I think of all of what tptb tried to make them a team, they didn't fight that hard to do it in season 1 and it was light and true. Yeah some little note that meant so more. I remember why i hated so much S2 now when it ended, I was disapointed by the lack of team that we had in S1 andt he new banter that I disliked McKay/Shep and Teyla/Ronon. besides in this times I missed Teyla yet
                  sigpic
                  Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

Originally posted by asgard30 View Post
                    Hi everyone ! how are you ? I can't find an appart I'm starting to be really fed up and stressed so not the great form LOL

No you haven't posted it but it's awesome I find it so true and it's what I would have loved for Kanaan, I wouldn't him to suffer but I regret that he never expressed his problem with Sheppard, was he blind or didn't he care ? For sure I know people who has close friends of opposite sex and I have to say that when i consider them I always think of the possibility of someday more
                    Good Morning Flo.

Sorry to hear about you not finding an appartment. I'm sure you'll get one soon.

Aww. Thanks. I'm glad you liked it. I posted a link to another fic. It's a tag from Critical Mass. I posted it on the JT 100,000 post LJ that Cazz set up.

There is a lot of people in this list that I never encountered what is odd because they seem really fan. It seems to ma a lot are on LJ but it's true that when i came in here one year after viewing the thread regularly a lot of people had dispeared, yet a lot of new people suscribed.
                    I register because i saw french so i thought I could be helped with my bad english. yet I meet none while I know some of them are always in the JT thread but on other forum. Generally a lot of french seemed to disapear because there was a french thread and a lot had forgoten about it. Perhaps this is because in France Stargate isn't difused since years.

So yeah i think this is perhaps the lack of things to say and sometimes, even if I come everyday I don't comment, because right now I'm stressed in RL and I don't know what to say.

On the other hand it doesn't seem to apply to everybody. Sometimes ago I wanted to subscribe to a Pretender forum because I watched some eps again and it brought me the melancholy of it, with the end of SGA and I have questions to ask. But it's true that the forum aren't so much active, neither the fanfics... I would say it's normal. But when you watch fanfics Shep Weir, they are aumenting every day I can't believe it and TBH I'm even impressed with their love because JT seems to suffer a lot. I agree this is odd the love still there but it seems we don't share it anymore.

LOL Fortunately i don't think I suffer them but on the contrrary I rememmbered your enthusiasm and all and it was awesome it really distracted me
                    Well, breifly we had Sariana and Sheppynette on here too. So, that would've been nice for all of you to be able to speak French to each other.

And yes, I agree about the lack of what to say and RL. Since there is nothing new, it gets harder.

I think that we got burned so much by the writers that it is hard to get past it sometimes and I think that sometimes affects the thread.

Here are the icons that I did for challenge:

Comment

Good Morning Flo.

Sorry to hear about you not finding an appartment. I'm sure you'll get one soon.

Aww. Thanks. I'm glad you liked it. I posted a link to another fic. It's a tag from Critical Mass. I posted it on the JT 100,000 post LJ that Cazz set up.

Well, breifly we had Sariana and Sheppynette on here too. So, that would've been nice for all of you to be able to speak French to each other.

And yes, I agree about the lack of what to say and RL. Since there is nothing new, it gets harder.

I think that we got burned so much by the writers that it is hard to get past it sometimes and I think that sometimes affects the thread.

Here are the icons that I did for challenge:

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...l56-JTHero.jpg http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...l56-Rodney.jpg http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...ll56-Ronon.jpg http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...all56-Shex.jpg http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...6-Warriors.jpg
                      Hi and good morning to you (?) I think.
                      Yeah and in fact they are on a french forum or they were at the start that i came in here. It was that I was afraid to don't make things right and worst don't understand it lOL.

Yeah it's sure tptb hurt us a lot particularly if you consider we haven't a nice end. At the same time I feel the same for the Sparky fans and it seems to me they are really motivated. i loved this thread too because of the talented people we had and that i found awesome and better thzn othe threads. It's a little sad
                      Your icons are awesome I love them I love the aspect you gave to a little a la Whispers I love it
                      sigpic
                      Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

Hi and good morning to you (?) I think.
                        Yeah and in fact they are on a french forum or they were at the start that i came in here. It was that I was afraid to don't make things right and worst don't understand it lOL.

Yeah it's sure tptb hurt us a lot particularly if you consider we haven't a nice end. At the same time I feel the same for the Sparky fans and it seems to me they are really motivated. i loved this thread too because of the talented people we had and that i found awesome and better thzn othe threads. It's a little sad
                        Your icons are awesome I love them I love the aspect you gave to a little a la Whispers I love it
                        Yep. It's still morning for me.

I know one of the girls struggled too. I forget which.

Oh I know what you mean. I think we get a little too negative some times.
                        I agree. This thread has loads of talents. I loved it when we got new vids, fics and art.

Aww. Thanks hun.
                        Phantoms was a great team ep. And eventhough John thought Teyla was someone else, he knew he had to protect her(him).

Comment

Yep. It's still morning for me.

I know one of the girls struggled too. I forget which.

Oh I know what you mean. I think we get a little too negative some times.
                          I agree. This thread has loads of talents. I loved it when we got new vids, fics and art.

Aww. Thanks hun.
                          Phantoms was a great team ep. And eventhough John thought Teyla was someone else, he knew he had to protect her(him).

It's true and yeah I loved this ep too. I remember when BamBam had said to wait for this ep. It was a great one and one for me that confirmed that tptb hadn't messed up and finaly chose to go with JT. I was so disapointed when they fall in the sand, seriously wouldn't have it been a great moment ? Certainly a pic we would have used a lot LOL
                          sigpic
                          Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

Us, the fans, need to re-ignight the spark.
                            Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                            Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

It's true and yeah I loved this ep too. I remember when BamBam had said to wait for this ep. It was a great one and one for me that confirmed that tptb hadn't messed up and finaly chose to go with JT. I was so disapointed when they fall in the sand, seriously wouldn't have it been a great moment ? Certainly a pic we would have used a lot LOL
                              Oh I know. I would've like to see how John saw the fell and how JT really fell, going back and forth. I think would've been cool.

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
                              Us, the fans, need to re-ignight the spark.
                              YES WE DO!!

GIF SPAM!!!!
                              Spoiler:

Looks like I'm gonna have to do some cleaning in PB. It says I only have 6% room left.

Comment

Oh I know. I would've like to see how John saw the fell and how JT really fell, going back and forth. I think would've been cool.

YES WE DO!! http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...ISSxSheyla.gif

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...ee-Im-Ok-1.gif

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...l--TheHug1.gif

GIF SPAM!!!!
                                Spoiler:

[url]http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z259/luvjandt/vids/Letters--TeylaSmiles-1.gif[/IMG]

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...ranticJohn.gif

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...elcomeHome.gif

Looks like I'm gonna have to do some cleaning in PB. It says I only have 6% room left.
                                Yeah, might wanna do that.
                                Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                                Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Working...
                                X