John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
    I thought Weir was a bit two faced in this episode. She was all like... "I don't think it's one of your people..."

She needed to make a decision of whether she had faith in the people or not. She was too busy trying to please everyone. It seems as though she was AFRAID to say anything against the Athosians... but why? Atlantis/Earth Expedition have superior numbers and... guns! If the Athosians revolted, all she had to do was chuck them off Atlantis...

*gets off high horse*
    I agree with you it was just I never noticed that they were showing the leadership thing between them. I thing Elizabeth was being too diplomatic in some cases. She didn't want to offend the Athosians, but at the same time, she had no one else to point the finger. The one that Bates was more than happy to point. And John was displeased lots of times. He kinda got a little snippy after Bates made that comment that his personal feelings were getting in the way and Weir gave him that knowing, agreeing look.

LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
      I agree with you it was just I never noticed that they were showing the leadership thing between them. I thing Elizabeth was being too diplomatic in some cases. She didn't want to offend the Athosians, but at the same time, she had no one else to point the finger. The one that Bates was more than happy to point. And John was displeased lots of times. He kinda got a little snippy after Bates made that comment that his personal feelings were getting in the way and Weir gave him that knowing, agreeing look.

LOL!
      I love that scene! His face is excellent. He just freezes then pretty much tells Bates to get to hell!
      don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Why do you think Sheppard was so adamant Teyla was innocent

I think that he had a connection with her and she was a member of his team. I think that when they accused her, he took it personal as well.

Did we enjoy the relationship between Weir and her city?
        No, not really.

Why was Sheppard so devastated when Teyla was implicated?

Because he had put all his faith in her and that he was saying it wasn't her that it crushed him to think that it was.

WHat do you think Rodney was thinking when Sheppard said "I gave it to her"?

Probably shocked at first until he got the whole story. I know Bates was ready to eat crow at the moment.

Comment

Ithink, as well, that Teyla was like... the first friend he made on the expedition... Before Weir, before Jack and McKay,.. there was Teyla. Then there was everyone else. To me, for him, the thought that someone his gut told him to trust... if his gut could betray him, it meant he couldn't trust anyone. And then, there's also the "so everything she told me is a lie" line.

I love it.

Comment

Ithink, as well, that Teyla was like... the first friend he made on the expedition... Before Weir, before Jack and McKay,.. there was Teyla. Then there was everyone else. To me, for him, the thought that someone his gut told him to trust... if his gut could betray him, it meant he couldn't trust anyone. And then, there's also the "so everything she told me is a lie" line.

I love it.
            Good point.

Where was that line? How did I miss that??

Comment

I agree, Jess. I coudln't care less if there is a movie or not A lot of people that I have spoken to have ben the same. You know, it would be great if there was a movie but it's not the end of the world if there isn't.

I don't think it's JUST a lack of faith in the writers... I think it's a lack of belief in the SG PTB. People have become disillusioned because of S5 and things that were said in relationt o viewers and SGU... People have moved awayfrom the Stargate franchise... not just SGA.
              Yeah, I got double burned as far as shippiness goes. In fact, since this debacle - as well as some from other fanoms - I'm leaning heavily toward being a noromo in the future.
              sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

No, I didn't mean an actual line.. I meant angle, lol. He could be thinking.. everything she told me about how much she hates the Wraith... Could all be a lie.

Comment

I know what you mean Jess. There was a time that it was as busy as the JS/JF thunk thread. Some times 10-20 pages a day.

I think the problem isn't that we don't have an interest in SGA, but that they've hurt our ship so much and lied that each thing tptb did to us slowly took us away, but now negative we've gotten at times. I remember when there were fights in here... so glad we don't have that any more either.

Another thing, is RL. Things keep making us more busy than before.

MIA's:(I know some come when they can, but alot has left since I've been here. )

LoveConquers
                  Maffieg
                  Girlinabox
                  RubyCaspar
                  Jtjaforever
                  Cabouse
                  Nick
                  Vaberella
                  Sanssong
                  WitchBlade
                  Anlaria Onyx
                  Devine
                  Elf
                  johnandteylaforlife
                  Hope
                  Nina
                  Winged
                  Shelafan
                  Spectrum
                  Jet
                  and it goes on.

I'm not trying to depress anyone. I'm just backing Jess up a bit. I can in around April, two years ago. I loved the positive thoughts and the comments.
                  This was during season 3 too, so that makes a difference.
                  I think when tptb hurt our ship, it showed how emotionally connected we were to how we loved JT. I think that is what hurt our threads(Galleria included).
                  I still fantasize about JT having a happy ending and with fics we can do that. I don't know how the other ships do it. They keep plugging away. I don't see why we can't either.
                  I see my name

yes I might have stopped commenting a lot in here... guess it's just not the same anymore as it used to be... it's always the thing when a show ends there just isn't anything new to talk about...

It's been the same for other fandom's for me.. they shows have ended on tv and then in the end I just lose intrest and I stop coming to places on net..I stop being on mailing lists and forums... so far that hasn't happend for SGA or JT... I'm still on Gateworld everyday...I may not post as much but I guess it's just that the lack of something new... the lack of excitement over something that is coming... and yes season 5 hurt a lot with the crap they pulled... and then you read about SGU and what that is going to be like ..I've seen the trailer and I was like...okay what is this...they gave up SGA for this... and you spot somethings they never even would consider for SGA.. and in the end I just get the bad feeling of a replica of Battlestar Gallactica as I've seen for like here and there when I've surfed the channels and I'm like what is that a sex driven show in space... no thanks...

Love the idea of rewatching the show from the start to get something started here again even if it is just to hold on to those good times... it's just that I don't really have the time for it when you all are up to doing it...it's the time difference...I end up a late shift at work on the day when you watch and I don't have the energy to even focus on anything when I'm completely beat after work...

I may be more quiet then I used to ... but I do still visit everyday... I have the GW window open when I come on to the computer until I go to sleep and I chack in ...read you comments and all that... sometime I feel like saying something..and sometimes I don't ..feel like I would just repeat myself from what everyone else has been saying... I'm still a fan of SG-1 and I'm still a fan of SGA...and I'm sure as heck am still a fan of JT...

Yappi... I hope you haven't sent me something...if you have because of both your problems and my problems with GW..I haven't received anything..just to let you know so you don't sit there and wonder why you don't reviece anything from me...
                  sigpic
                  Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Suspicion based fics... (Let me know if you know any)

Disaster Button by Gater101

Comment

Oh I see. Sorry for misunderstanding.

I miss most of it, but not the fights. They got ugly.
                      I may have had a part in those fights...
                      Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                      Yeah, I got double burned as far as shippiness goes. In fact, since this debacle - as well as some from other fanoms - I'm leaning heavily toward being a noromo in the future.
                      I'm watching BSG for the first time and I am trying sooo hard not find a ship to ship... But it's sooo hard.

When I watched Harry Potter, I wasn't a shipper for anyone. Then I read the books and can't see beyond Harry/Hermione... I think it's why I can't read HP7

Being a noromo is harder than it looks lol!

Comment

I'm sure being a noromo is hard, but I don't want to be burned again. I mean, tptb are all happy about Jack/Sam but they don't seem to care about any other of the ships that I do - including the ones that were actually onscreen.

So, I'll just enjoy and not get caught up in the whole "Oooh! They so belong together!" And hating on character X or Y that distracts from that ship. I don't need the hearache.
                        sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

No, I didn't mean an actual line.. I meant angle, lol. He could be thinking.. everything she told me about how much she hates the Wraith... Could all be a lie.
                          Oh right. DUH me.

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
                          I see my name

yes I might have stopped commenting a lot in here... guess it's just not the same anymore as it used to be... it's always the thing when a show ends there just isn't anything new to talk about...

It's been the same for other fandom's for me.. they shows have ended on tv and then in the end I just lose intrest and I stop coming to places on net..I stop being on mailing lists and forums... so far that hasn't happend for SGA or JT... I'm still on Gateworld everyday...I may not post as much but I guess it's just that the lack of something new... the lack of excitement over something that is coming... and yes season 5 hurt a lot with the crap they pulled... and then you read about SGU and what that is going to be like ..I've seen the trailer and I was like...okay what is this...they gave up SGA for this... and you spot somethings they never even would consider for SGA.. and in the end I just get the bad feeling of a replica of Battlestar Gallactica as I've seen for like here and there when I've surfed the channels and I'm like what is that a sex driven show in space... no thanks...

Love the idea of rewatching the show from the start to get something started here again even if it is just to hold on to those good times... it's just that I don't really have the time for it when you all are up to doing it...it's the time difference...I end up a late shift at work on the day when you watch and I don't have the energy to even focus on anything when I'm completely beat after work...

I may be more quiet then I used to ... but I do still visit everyday... I have the GW window open when I come on to the computer until I go to sleep and I chack in ...read you comments and all that... sometime I feel like saying something..and sometimes I don't ..feel like I would just repeat myself from what everyone else has been saying... I'm still a fan of SG-1 and I'm still a fan of SGA...and I'm sure as heck am still a fan of JT...

Yappi... I hope you haven't sent me something...if you have because of both your problems and my problems with GW..I haven't received anything..just to let you know so you don't sit there and wonder why you don't reviece anything from me...
                          Don't think I didn't do that on purpose. I know you lurk in here while invisible.

Thanks Nina. I'm sure alot of us feel the same way. **HUGGLES**

Its too bad you can't join us for rewatch, maybe next time you can watch it before hand and then post your comments. I would love to see you more.

Suspicion based fics... (Let me know if you know any)

Disaster Button by Gater101
                          I can't think any off the top of my head. Sorry.

Thanks for the link Laura.

Comment

I don't think I hate on any character that was introduced as a love interested to any of the characters of my chosen ships.

Take Weir for example. I don't like her. I don't like her character and I don't think she's right for John and i don't think she deserves to be with him. I don't like Sparky for that reason.

I like Kanaan (or I like the idea of Kanaan) and he was a major distraction from my chosen ship. I'm a believer that to love someone is to suffer for them first lol.

But no, I know what you mean.

Comment

Oh right. DUH me.

Don't think I didn't do that on purpose. I know you lurk in here while invisible.

Thanks Nina. I'm sure alot of us feel the same way. **HUGGLES**

Its too bad you can't join us for rewatch, maybe next time you can watch it before hand and then post your comments. I would love to see you more.
                              I hardly think you did that on purpose... as you said I do lurk around here

I'll see what I can do with the rewatch...I would love to watch the show again... but I guess it's the time and next month most of my shows I follow is coming back for their new seasons...so we'll see what will happen...
                              sigpic
                              Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
                                I hardly think you did that on purpose... as you said I do lurk around here

I'll see what I can do with the rewatch...I would love to watch the show again... but I guess it's the time and next month most of my shows I follow is coming back for their new seasons...so we'll see what will happen...
                                Hee hee. But it sounded good.
                                If you can't we understand though. I know at least one show you're looking forward to. Any others?

Comment

Working...
                                X