Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Birthday HOPE!!!

Off to make goodies.
    Last edited by scifan; 08 September 2010, 05:05 AM.

Comment

sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Just popping in to say hi to everybody!

Great pics!!

@Hope

How about a JT smiley?

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday Hope!
            Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Here's some pressies... I hope you like them.

Last edited by scifan; 08 September 2010, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeyla4ever View Post
                  Out of curiosity, who's getting the novel/s in particularly Death Game?

ordering info for Death Game on Amazon. It's coming out in a week or so.
                  http://www.amazon.com/Stargate-Atlan...3524621&sr=8-1
                  Thanks for letting us know.
                  Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Here's original cap... from The Shrine BTS. Just in case someone wanted to know.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday Hope

Great pics everyone... they are such a beautiful couple....
                        sigpic

Comment

Melissa Scott, one of the authors of the upcoming Legacy book Homecoming here: http://mescott.livejournal.com/1085.html, loving on John and Teyla!

She says, " I fell hard for John Sheppard the moment he paused in the Athosian camp, looked at Teyla, and talked about fast things and Ferris wheels and accepted a cup of tea. Here's the antithesis of the macho military guy, the screw-up who got sent to Antarctica to fly scientists around. This is a different and more complicated hero, and the more we find out about him - why he was sent to Antartica, what his family and his ex-wife were like - the more complicated he gets. I fell for Teyla in the same scene, because here she is, this tiny, almost delicate-looking woman to whom her people defer, the one to whom they send these dangerous strangers. She's the capable, competent, clever one, the one who's in charge without anyone questioning it. I loved that she could physically intimidate Ronon, and that she could masquerade as a Wraith Queen."
                          sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
                            Melissa Scott, one of the authors of the upcoming Legacy book Homecoming here: http://mescott.livejournal.com/1085.html, loving on John and Teyla!

She says, " I fell hard for John Sheppard the moment he paused in the Athosian camp, looked at Teyla, and talked about fast things and Ferris wheels and accepted a cup of tea. Here's the antithesis of the macho military guy, the screw-up who got sent to Antarctica to fly scientists around. This is a different and more complicated hero, and the more we find out about him - why he was sent to Antartica, what his family and his ex-wife were like - the more complicated he gets. I fell for Teyla in the same scene, because here she is, this tiny, almost delicate-looking woman to whom her people defer, the one to whom they send these dangerous strangers. She's the capable, competent, clever one, the one who's in charge without anyone questioning it. I loved that she could physically intimidate Ronon, and that she could masquerade as a Wraith Queen."
                            Oh thank you so much Artie!!!!

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Happy birthday, Hope! Here's a quick fic (*gasp* I know! Shocking!)

Spoiler:
                                John sat in his quarters, relieved. Elizabeth had stayed true to her word and no one found out today was his birthday. Not that he had any problem with getting older…it was just that if he had heard Ford poking fun at his age, he would have assigned the whippersnapper kitchen duty for a month.

No, John thought as he leaned back on his bed, other than a polite, yet heartfelt “Happy birthday, Major” from Elizabeth, the day had been blissfully free of birthday cheer.

He was about get ready for bed--at a late 9:30 at night--when the door chimed. He forced back a groan as he pictured McKay standing there with a smug grin asking him how a man of his age managed to keep up with the young people around the base.

Nope, he decided, not gonna answer it.

The person on the other side, however, was unwilling to be ignored.

The chime rang again. This time John stood up, ready to give whoever it was a piece of his mind. As he waved his hand in front of the crystal, there was no doubt he was going to tell that person to get the--

Teyla.

All thoughts of demanding solitude fled.

“Major,” she greeted with an enigmatic smile.

“Teyla!” he returned, pleased. “Do you want to come in?”

She shook her head. “The children are waiting for me to return to the mainland. They had a most interesting day with Dr. McKay.”

“Yeah, I bet,” John snorted.

She lowered her voice slightly. “Dr. Weir told me that today was your birthday. Though she was adamant that I do nothing to celebrate the occasion, I still felt the need to give you something. To honor another year of life.” Slowly, she pulled her hands from behind her back and presented the Major a gift.

It was--

“A cupcake?” John asked, a boyish grin crossing his face. Though it was unlike any cupcake he had ever seen. The muffin-like concoction puffed over a coffee cup.

“I did not realize that the word cupcake was not a literal translation,” she quickly explained. “Dr. McKay told me--”

“It’s perfect,” he quickly assured her as he took it from her.

Teyla flashed him a grin. “The batter was made from the Ackin berry my people have managed to cultivate. I believe you will find the taste to your liking.”

“I’m sure I will.”

They faced each other silently for several seconds until it started to become slightly awkward. “A joyous birthday to you, Major,” Teyla finally said.

“Thank you,” he replied sincerely.

As she turned around and walked away, he took a bite from the cupcake. It was sweet, much like the woman who had given him the gift.

He walked back into his quarters and sat on the edge of his bed with a smile on his face. Maybe getting one year older wasn’t so bad after all, he thought, grinning.
                                sigpic
                                Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X