X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scifan View Post
    Hey Pandora!!! How are you?
    I think your Calvin sig is funny.
    Oh, you know. Same old, same old. A little bit of work, a lot of studying for exams. I'm on the home stretch for exams though. My last ones are on Monday. I can smell freedom!

Calvin and Hobbes is the best thing to ever happen to the world. No joke.

Read that little bit of article regarding potential romantic happenings in Season 5. I can only sigh. I don't have much faith that the SGA writers will handle romantic relationships with any kind of finesse. I'd rather not have any than have a jumbled mess. Just give me sexual tension and good fanfics and I'm happy. Joe F. had it right when he said what people really enjoy is the foreplay.

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
    Duuuuuudes, duuuuuuuuudes, it friday night; I think it means it's a night off from the studying! Going to see Made of Honour later so I'm only here for a wee bit... Whisapning?
    It's all about 'Iron Man' for me this weekend. Does that make me a huge nerd?

Oh, and a great big AWESOME to all those who've posted artwork and fics. Truly, great stuff guys!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
      Drum roll....

RR Part 3

Spoiler:
      Rodney and Ronan walked over to John. “Any ideas?” Ronan asked.

“Besides finding Teyla? No.”

A young man around 20 approached them. “Excuse me, but was a woman with you before you came here?”

John turned to him, “Yeah why?”

“Then I’m afraid she has been taken to be prepared for the fight in the arena.”

“Care to elaborate on that?”

“Your friend, Teyla, will probably be dressed rather scantily,” the young man blushed, “and then taken to the arena and chained to a place in the middle. You will then be brought out to fight some of the fiercest animals in the galaxy. If you win, she lives, if not…”

“She dies,” Ronan finished for him. The young man nodded.

“My wife and I were newly married when we were brought here. After fighting in the arena only three times I lost.”

“So we have to kill whatever these animals are in order to keep her alive. Doesn’t sound so bad.”
      “Are you crazy Sheppard? This is just like the Gladiators in ancient Rome, depending on how well you fight you live. Except this time, its Teyla’s life,” Rodney complained.

“Then we…”

But John didn’t get to finish. A large man came in and opened the cell door. He pointed to them, “You three, let’s go.”

XXX

Teyla was brought out into the center of the arena and chained to a spot on the ground. She was able to move around, but only enough to get about three feet away. She took a deep breath and stood tall staring away from the guard standing near her.

A gate was raised and John, Ronan, and Rodney stepped out into the arena. When Teyla saw them she let out a breath she didn’t know she was holding. As long as they were there she knew everything was going to be al right, at least she hoped it would.

Another two guards came out with a collection of weapons. None of them were guns; in fact they were very similar to the weapons used by the gladiators of Earth.

“Choose,” they were ordered.

“Great, so much for thinking we get modern weapons.”

“Choose!”

Ronan stepped forward first and grabbed a broadsword. John stepped forward next and grabbed another sword, as a kid he done lightsaber battles with his brother, hopefully he could remember how to sword fight. Rodney looked at what was left. A spear, a bow and quiver of arrows, and several forms of axe were left. He grabbed the spear. The two guards left.

A well-dressed man stood up in his box seat, “Today we have a treat for you. These four hail from the city of Atlantis!” Cheers could be heard from the crowd, “Let us see how good of warriors they are!”

“Crap.”
      uh oh...they are so screwed

Ha! Messing with Teh Hair is part of the whump!

It's the 14th of May It's at the City grounds, i think. Don't think Old Trafford would let them play there... LOL. I am so blinking happy... words can't describe it, honestly I screamed and screamed and hollered and jeered... I... it was awesome
      Spoiler:
      It's at the city of Manchester staduim....Man city's ground

Originally posted by TeylaFan View Post
      Nobody's here! Oh well.

Round Robin Part 4:

Un-beta'd..

Spoiler:
      ~Part 4 ~

Ronon stepped farther into the Arena first. He knew that he was the strongest fighter when it came to swords.

Sheppard had proven to be a skilled warrior himself, but not quite as experienced.

They had to win this fight, no matter what. It was up to him and Sheppard to make sure they won, and to keep Rodney alive.

Teyla was chained in the middle of the Arena, like the young warrior had told them. She was struggling violently against her chains, trying to get closer to them. Ronon could hear chains and roars coming from behind the bars.

There were doors with bars spread out over the Arena. Six of them, and no doubt that that’s where the animals were being held.

“Sounds like Lions,” Sheppard said from beside him.

Ronon remembered those animals, Sheppard had shown Teyla and himself pictures of them about a year back. What were behind those bars, were animals similar to the Lions.

Rodney was standing behind them, spear in his hand. Ronon could see that his hands were shaking slightly, and his knuckles were white because he was holding onto the spear so tightly.

He took hold of the spear, showing Rodney how to hold it properly.

Rodney adjusted his grip, mimicking his pose. Ronon nodded, focusing on his surroundings once again.

The man that had ordered for the fight to begin, sat back down, a glass of wine in his right hand, a young girl dressed in an outfit similar to Teyla’s by his left side.

He raised his hand slowly. “Open the cells!”

The cell doors opened smoothly, and the creatures ran out of the shadows.

Ronon ran towards the middle, Sheppard and Rodney following him instantly.

The animal to his right leaped up, his mouth open wide, and his teeth shining in the light of the torches.

Ronon leaned back, barely out of reach of the claws aiming for his head.

The chain was keeping the beast from moving that inch further, and to tear off his head. It pulled at the chain with all of his strength, but it didn’t give.

Ronon roared, raised his sword, and plunged it deep into the mouth of the beast.

The audience gasped, whispering. Never had a warrior killed one of the ‘lions’ before.

He blocked out the sound of the people in the Arena, and he could hear Teyla’s voice all of a sudden. She was yelling for him look out.

He turned in time to see Sheppard duck out of the way of one of the beasts. And Rodney was completely unaware of the beast coming towards him at full speed.

Ronon pulled Rodney out of the line of danger, to where Teyla was.

There were 5 beasts left, and just the 2 of them.

This really, really sucked.

Sorry, I know it's way too long
      ohhhhhhhhhhhh
      Spoiler:
      they are so gonna pay if they touch one hair on Shep's womans body

Originally posted by john_and_teyla_for_life View Post
      Good morining (again) y'all!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! The play was AWESOME!!! In the morning performance we had a real tough audience, cuz even though it's a comedy, we got like 1 laugh and a murmur thoughout the whole play!!! Then I had to go to vlasses afterwards..... but it was basically a half day of school work for me And my friend and I screwed up one of our scenes! We accidentally cut about a page of dialogue

THEN THE EVENING PERFORMANCE.... there's no words for it!! it was that awesome!! a few lines got messed up, of course, but the audience didn't konw it, and the audience was one hell of a lot better! They laughed practically every other second, it was hilarious just to watch them laugh from the sidelines! And we had fun. There were lots of funny inside jokes that happened between the cast and crew, which made it all that more fun! And that made me think of stargate cuz the cast is always talking about these funny moments they have that get them through the day, and thet's what my group's got! My mum, grandma, grandpa, 5 friends & my english teacher saw it and they all loved it!! (even though it's really wierd...but i'm liking it more and more now)

I've got two more performances today, one in the morning and one in the evening. My friend from Seattle flew in yesterday for a reunion for 5 of our really close friends, and she'll be seeing the play too!!!

All that good luck you guys gave us really worked!!! *hugs* now if we could have just a little more of it for today...
      See,didn't i tell ya evrything would be ok

Originally posted by asgard30 View Post
      Once again my muse had a stupid idea. But I wanted to do something a little mysterious about Teyla to stick with the ep Suspicion lol

Spoiler:

Very nice,you're on a roll with these!

LMAO you guys have GOT to see this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb8jQ...eature=related
      That is a genious piece of work

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
      Got another pic fic

Indecent Proposal

On a side note, can any post the four parts of the RR or the links to them? I'll try to put up the page today.
      awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
      Spoiler:
      poor Halling
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the links Donna

Originally posted by scifan View Post

Thanks Donna for Links.

Linda. Wedj updated chapter 7. Off to read now. BRB
        I think she updated the two chapters at the same time
        sigpic

Comment

Duuuuuudes, duuuuuuuuudes, it friday night; I think it means it's a night off from the studying! Going to see Made of Honour later so I'm only here for a wee bit... Whisapning?
          I hear ya gater. I have one more paper to write so I am taking the afternoon off. I need a break. You'll have to tell me how Made of Honor is, I want to go see that.

I'm working on 'Travelers' quotes write now, they should be up later today.
          Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
            Great update...

Spoiler:
            Seems it might just be John and Ronon against the "lions" didn't really count Rodney anyway hahah... I mean maybe he could do some good if one of the beasts fell on his spear
            Thanks
            Spoiler:
            Hehe Yeah, at least now he's holding it correctly

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
            Ohhhhhhhhhhhh
            Spoiler:
            they are so gonna pay if they touch one hair on Shep's womans body
            Absolutely!
            *Beautiful sig by Scifan!*

“Because you can.”

--

Comment

Originally posted by TeylaFan View Post
              Thanks
              Spoiler:
              Hehe Yeah, at least now he's holding it correctly

Absolutely!
              T efffffffffffffffffffffffffff........hello....i'm lonely.....there's no one to play with in here tonight
              sigpic

Comment

Ok guys, this is a quick post. I am just dropping off Part 6 of RR. I had to rush. Work is bad today. I hope you like it.
                Spoiler:

The remaining beasts were being held at bay by the chains anchored to the arena’s ground. The enormous lions with their huge white sharp and jagged fangs paced back and forth, stalking their prey. Their fangs seem more pronounce as the sun rays lit the arena’s floor - striking the anchoring chains. Their growls peregrinated the air in the arena.

--

The audience that had gasped and whispered their fascination after watching Ronon plunging his broadsword into the mouth of one of the enormous the beasts - killing it. Became boisterous again as they watched the spectacle unfolding on the arena’s floor. They had watched Ronon pulling Rodney out of the leaping claws of one of the huge beasts. Cheering and applauding their approval of such a courageous act.

--

After pulling Rodney out of danger, Ronon walked over to the motionless breast and pulled his soiled blade out of the mouth of the lifeless beast. Twirling his sword, he quickly glanced at his teammates and then his eyes looked toward the man that was wearing the fancy garment who had ordered their demise. The edge of his mouth turned up in defiance *smiling* as his eyes reflected his pledge to kill his and his teammates would be executioner as he pointed his sword toward the still sitting man.

--

Sheppard who had barely gotten out of the way of one of the grasping claws of the beast. Turned and looked at the growling beast cautiously. He backed away quickly not taking his attention away from the lunging beast. A chill ran down his spine of how close he came to be maul by the enormous beast, grasping his sword tighter in his hand.

He tried to glance at his teammates. Glancing at Ronon, he noticed that Ronon was standing and pointing his sword at the spectators in the stand, namely that smug looking man with that young girl sitting next to him who was dressed very scantily. Showing more than someone of her age should show. He frowned. He glanced in the direction of Teyla - noticing that Rodney was now standing close by her.

--

Rodney stood on quaver legs feet away from Teyla holding the spear in his hand. Teyla was still struggling against her shackles. “Rodney, please help me!”

Rodney looked at her with uncertainty for a moment. Motioning what could he do, “What? I…don’t think…”

She motioned the rings of the chains, “I need you to placed you spear here.”

“I need you to see if you can loosen a few of the hinges of the chains.” He nodded his understanding. He rushed to her side.

Last edited by Hope24; 02 May 2008, 12:21 PM.
                sigpic
                Sigs made by the talented Cazzblade, Donna, Jeyla, Linda, Luciana, Mayra, Mrs.B, Padme
                Scifan, Teylafan, WraithLord & YC & me.

Thanks for the memory to the cast and crew of Stargate Atlantis.
                WraithLord - R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by Hope24 View Post
                  Ok guys, this is a quick post. I am just dropping off Part 6 of RR. I had to rush. Work is bad today. I hope you like it.
                  Spoiler:

The remaining breasts were being held at bay by the chains anchored to the arena’s ground. The enormous lions with their huge white sharp and jagged fangs paced back and forth, stalking their prey. Their fangs seem more pronounce as the sun rays lit the arena’s floor - striking the anchoring chains. Their growls peregrinated the air in the arena.

--

The audience that had gasped and whispered their fascination after watching Ronon plunging his broadsword into the mouth of one of the enormous the breasts - killing it. Became boisterous again as they watched the spectacle unfolding on the arena’s floor. They had watched Ronon pulling Rodney out of the leaping claws of one of the huge breasts. Cheering and applauding their approval of such a courageous act.

--

After pulling Rodney out of danger, Ronon walked over to the motionless breast and pulled his soiled blade out of the mouth of the lifeless breast. Twirling his sword, he quickly glanced at his teammates and then his eyes looked toward the man that was wearing the fancy garment who had ordered their demise. The edge of his mouth turned up in defiance *smiling* as his eyes reflected his pledge to kill his and his teammates would be executioner as he pointed his sword toward the still sitting man.

--

Sheppard who had barely gotten out of the way of one of the grasping claws of the breast. Turned and looked at the growling breast cautiously. He backed away quickly not taking his attention away from the lunging breast. A chill ran down his spine of how close he came to be maul by the enormous breast, grasping his sword tighter in his hand.

He tried to glance at his teammates. Glancing at Ronon, he noticed that Ronon was standing and pointing his sword at the spectators in the stand, namely that smug looking man with that young girl sitting next to him who was dressed very scantily. Showing more than someone of her age should show. He frowned. He glanced in the direction of Teyla - noticing that Rodney was now standing close by her.

--

Rodney stood on quaver legs feet away from Teyla holding the spear in his hand. Teyla was still struggling against her shackles. “Rodney, please help me!”

Rodney looked at her with uncertainty for a moment. Motioning what could he do, “What? I…don’t think…”

“I need you to see if you can loosen a few of the hinges of the chains.” He nodded his understanding. He rushed to her side.

Good chapter Hope. Although this is chapter 5. And it's beast, not breast. You made a few typos.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hope24 View Post
                    Spoiler:

The remaining breasts were being held at bay by the chains anchored to the arena’s ground. The enormous lions with their huge white sharp and jagged fangs paced back and forth, stalking their prey. Their fangs seem more pronounce as the sun rays lit the arena’s floor - striking the anchoring chains. Their growls peregrinated the air in the arena.

--

The audience that had gasped and whispered their fascination after watching Ronon plunging his broadsword into the mouth of one of the enormous the breasts - killing it. Became boisterous again as they watched the spectacle unfolding on the arena’s floor. They had watched Ronon pulling Rodney out of the leaping claws of one of the huge breasts. Cheering and applauding their approval of such a courageous act.

--

After pulling Rodney out of danger, Ronon walked over to the motionless breast and pulled his soiled blade out of the mouth of the lifeless breast. Twirling his sword, he quickly glanced at his teammates and then his eyes looked toward the man that was wearing the fancy garment who had ordered their demise. The edge of his mouth turned up in defiance *smiling* as his eyes reflected his pledge to kill his and his teammates would be executioner as he pointed his sword toward the still sitting man.

--

Sheppard who had barely gotten out of the way of one of the grasping claws of the breast. Turned and looked at the growling breast cautiously. He backed away quickly not taking his attention away from the lunging breast. A chill ran down his spine of how close he came to be maul by the enormous breast, grasping his sword tighter in his hand.

--

Ooh nice update
                    Spoiler:
                    dada dada....Rodney to the rescue....um you do know you wrote breast instead of beast...right
                    sigpic

Comment

Travelers Part One - I included Larrin's lines since she is a big part of the ep. That's why it is so long. *ducks to avoid the rotten food being thrown at her*
                      Spoiler:
                      Travelers
                      SHEPPARD: Atlantis, this is Sheppard. I'm on approach to the Gate.
                      SHEPPARD: I'm a busy man, Rodney. Just happened to have a little free time.
                      SHEPPARD (smiling appreciatively): Well, they were very friendly.
                      SHEPPARD: What the hell?
                      SHEPPARD: I think somebody just took a shot at me. I've got a contact. They're closin' fast.
                      SHEPPARD (looking at the H.U.D.): I don't think so, but ...
                      SHEPPARD: Whatever they're shooting me with just shorted my systems. I can't get weapons online.
                      SHEPPARD: Rodney? ... McKay?
                      SHEPPARD: Nice ship. Little bit of a fixer-upper but I can see the potential.
                      SHEPPARD: I'm not talking about anything drastic, you know. Maybe just a paint job, some throw pillows
                      SHEPPARD: Look, I don't suppose you mind telling me what's going on here?
                      SHEPPARD (shrugging): Sure.
                      SHEPPARD: See, that's a funny coincidence, ‘cause I was gonna ask you the same exact questions.

TEYLA: What happened?
                      TEYLA: We know of no other peoples in this galaxy that possess hyperspace technology.

SHEPPARD (weakly): Ah, your knuckles will get sore eventually.
                      LARRIN: Has he said anything?
                      SILAS: Only his name: Reed Richards.
                      LARRIN: His name is Sheppard. We intercepted part of his last radio transmission.
                      SHEPPARD (looking up at her appreciatively): I didn't get your name.
                      LARRIN: You can call me Larrin.
                      LARRIN: You really should co-operate. Be a shame to have to do too much damage.

SHEPPARD: I agree.
                      SHEPPARD: Maybe if you guys tell me who you are and what you want, we could work out some kind of a deal.
                      LARRIN: Well, don't get my hopes up and then disappoint me. (She looks at Silas.) Tell him what happened to the last man that disappointed me.
                      SILAS: We don't know. We never found his body.
                      NEVIK: We assumed you blew him out into space.
                      SHEPPARD: I get it.
                      LARRIN: Good. (To Silas.) Bring him.

SHEPPARD: Another form of torture?
                      LARRIN: When you spend as much time in space as we do, you don't get a lot of fresh food.
                      SHEPPARD: How much time are we talking about?
                      SHEPPARD: This is a conversation, right? A two-way street?
                      LARRIN: This is our home.
                      SHEPPARD: This ship?
                      LARRIN: And others like it. We're Travelers.
                      SHEPPARD: You live in space all the time?
                      LARRIN: We land on planets when we need to for supplies, trade. The rest of the time we keep moving.
                      SHEPPARD: From the Wraith?
                      LARRIN: That may have been how it started, but now it's just who we are.
                      SHEPPARD: Well, no offence, Larrin. Doesn't sound like much of a life.
                      LARRIN: Being a herd animal isn't much of a life.
                      LARRIN: Besides, the food has all the nutrients required.
                      SHEPPARD: Well, as tempting as that sounds, my jaw's a little sore right now.
                      LARRIN (bringing the cup over to him): Things like that are necessary from time to time. Although it's not the most efficient way of getting information, it does help people to understand their situation.
                      SHEPPARD: My situation being completely at your mercy.
                      LARRIN: Exactly. Anyway, I know more about you than you think.
                      SHEPPARD: Really?
                      LARRIN (sitting down): Mmm-hmm. For instance, I know that you carry the gene required to operate Lantean technology.
                      SHEPPARD (looking blank): I've got the what?

LARRIN: Look, Sheppard, I know you have your secrets, and if you stay on my good side, I may even let you keep a few of them. However, if you continue to play ignorant with me, I really will jettison you out into space. For some time now, we've been hearing rumours about a new group of humans in the galaxy using the technology of the Ancestors to do battle with the Wraith, so we set up a network of spy satellites around dozens of worlds with space Gates, hoping for an encounter. Eventually we got lucky.
                      SHEPPARD: And in the first meeting between our people, you attack me and disarm my ship.
                      LARRIN: Well, you were going through the Gate and I couldn't let that happen. You see, anyone capable of operating Lantean technology is of particular interest to us.
                      SHEPPARD: That's why you took a sample of my blood.
                      LARRIN: We're working on a control interface adaptor that requires a small amount of necessary genetic material. We needed your blood to test it.
                      SHEPPARD: I'm gonna guess it didn't go so well.
                      LARRIN: Why would you say that?
                      SHEPPARD: Then you wouldn't have any use for me any more.
                      LARRIN: Don't underestimate yourself. There's all kinds of useful things you could do for me.
                      VOICE (over comms): Commander, we're approaching coordinates.
                      LARRIN: Understood. Take us out of hyperspace.
                      LARRIN: Of course, you're right. The interface isn't fully operational yet. Come with me.
                      LARRIN: Nevik, my chief science officer, insists that we have a much better chance of perfecting the interface if we reverse-engineer it using Lantean technology that's already been initialised.
                      SHEPPARD: I don't even know what reverse engineering is.
                      SHEPPARD: Oh. You wanna use my ship.
                      LARRIN: Not exactly.
                      SHEPPARD: Hey!
                      LARRIN: Activate the force shield.
                      LARRIN (over comms): Sheppard, can you hear me?
                      SHEPPARD: D'you mind telling me what you're doing?
                      LARRIN: Offering you a deal. (To the guard) Open the Hangar Bay doors.
                      SHEPPARD: This is just not right!
                      LARRIN: Don't worry. You're safe as long as the force shield doesn't malfunction, and that almost never happens.
                      SHEPPARD: Why are you doing this?
                      LARRIN: You wanted to know what this is all about. Look beneath you.
                      LARRIN: I'm assuming you recognise the technology? It's a Lantean battleship. It's been dormant for thousands of years, and you're gonna help me get it operational again.

SHEPPARD: Has it occurred to you people they might have abandoned this ship for a good reason in the first place?
                      LARRIN: We know the reason. We were able to access the ship's logs.
                      LARRIN: They intended to return and effect repairs but never got the chance. The ship's been drifting in a two hundred year elliptical orbit around a nearby dwarf star ever since.
                      SHEPPARD: So it's never been fixed?
                      LARRIN: No.
                      SHEPPARD: I hate to point out the obvious, but one of the reasons I agreed to help you was so that you wouldn't kill me. If I'm gonna die of radiation anyway ...
                      LARRIN: Don't worry. We've set up shield emitters to protect key areas of the ship, and we've all got radiation detectors.
                      LARRIN: Take him to the Bridge. Start with sub-light propulsion. I'll go check the emitters.
                      SHEPPARD: Don't think I can get one of those too, do you?

SHEPPARD: You know this ship is ten thousand years old?
                      SHEPPARD: I'm just saying for the record. If it doesn't work, it's not my fault.
                      SHEPPARD: You sure about that?
                      SHEPPARD: OK, but ...
                      SHEPPARD: Right. ... I just was gonna say, you said, "Start by moving the ship forward," when you should have said, "Start by initialising the inertial dampeners."
                      SHEPPARD: My friend's got a gun just like this. Always wondered where he'd got it.

LARRIN: Silas, what happened?
                      LARRIN: Nevik, what's going on up there?
                      SHEPPARD: Sorry, your people are unavailable right now.
                      LARRIN: Sheppard, what are you doing?
                      SHEPPARD: You said, "Fly the ship." I'm flying the ship.
                      LARRIN: We had a deal. I was prepared to let you go in exchange for your help.
                      SHEPPARD: Sorry. I've never been able to trust anyone who kidnaps me, tortures me and threatens to blow me into space.

TEYLA: Then where is he?

LARRIN (over comms to the Bridge): Sheppard? I want you to drop this ship out of hyperspace.
                      SHEPPARD: I don't think so.
                      LARRIN: Listen to me. I've shut off the shield emitters protecting your area of the ship. Right now, the Bridge is being flooded with radiation.
                      SHEPPARD: You're bluffing. You'd never sacrifice your own people.
                      LARRIN: Look, I don't wanna kill you, but if you don't turn over the controls of this ship, I'll have no choice.

LARRIN: You surprised me, Sheppard.

sigpic

Comment

Traveler Part Two

Spoiler:
                        SHEPPARD: Well, as long as I didn't disappoint you.
                        SHEPPARD: Clever? Creative?
                        SHEPPARD: I once pulled eleven gees in an F-16 without passing out. I figured I had a shot.
                        SHEPPARD: Yeah, I feel the same way. I mean, you've got the whole tough-as-nails routine down pat, but exposing your own people to killer radiation? Takes a special kind of lady to do that, doesn't it?
                        LARRIN (annoyed): Of course he did!
                        LARRIN (to Nevik): Did you collect enough data to finish the control interface?
                        LARRIN: Nevik, if you can't do this, we're stranded.
                        LARRIN: He's not going anywhere near that Bridge again. He can't be trusted.
                        LARRIN: That's the problem! Does he look like a man who thinks he's going to die?
                        LARRIN (to Nevik): Check the sub-space communications array.
                        LARRIN: Check it.

TEYLA: You found him.
                        TEYLA: What is it?

SHEPPARD: What's happening?
                        SHEPPARD: What was that for?!
                        LARRIN: D'you realise what you've done?
                        SHEPPARD (straightening up): I didn't do anything.
                        SHEPPARD: Stop that!
                        LARRIN: I'll stop when you stop lying. You adapted the damaged communications array to send out a signal, didn't you?
                        SHEPPARD: ... Yes.
                        SHEPPARD (trying to straighten up): You said you'd stop that!
                        LARRIN: You were right. (She takes a blaster out of her belt and aims it at him.) Maybe I'll just shoot you.
                        SHEPPARD (holding his arms wide): All right, don't you think you're over-reacting a little?
                        LARRIN: You were trying to broadcast our location. Guess what? It worked. There's a ship approaching, only I don't think it's the one you were hoping for.
                        SHEPPARD: What do you mean?
                        LARRIN: It's the Wraith!

LARRIN: Do we have shields?
                        SHEPPARD: If you're gonna get out of this alive, you're gonna need my help.
                        SHEPPARD: Now I realise you and I don't exactly trust each other ...
                        SHEPPARD: ... but it's not gonna make much difference if the Wraith blow the ship up, is it?
                        LARRIN: What've you got in mind?
                        SHEPPARD: Well, you could start by shooting back.
                        LARRIN: ... Right.

LARRIN: The Weapons Control Platform is down that corridor. I'm headed back to the Bridge.

SHEPPARD: Keep the shields up as long as you can.

(He races to the Weapons Control Platform, which is the equivalent of Atlantis' Chair Room, jumps into the Chair and reclines it as its lights come on. As he starts to concentrate, the Wraith cruiser sends a continuous salvo of missiles towards the battleship. The shields buckle under the barrage and sparks fly in the Chair Room. The lights on the Chair go out and it lifts into its upright position.)

SHEPPARD: Great(!)
                        SHEPPARD (unconvincingly): Piece of cake.
                        LARRIN: Silas, Nevik, what happened?
                        LARRIN: Do you read me?
                        SHEPPARD: Larrin? It's Sheppard.
                        LARRIN (frowning): I didn't give you a communicator.
                        SHEPPARD: I activated the ship's intercom. What happened?
                        LARRIN: I don't know. The forward section has been sealed off.
                        SHEPPARD: What about your people?
                        LARRIN: They're not responding.
                        SHEPPARD: The good news is the Wraith ship's been destroyed.
                        LARRIN: Stay where you are. I'm coming to you.
                        LARRIN (over comms): Sheppard, where are you?
                        SHEPPARD: Auxiliary Control Room.
                        LARRIN: Sheppard?
                        SHEPPARD (still activating controls): I'm sorry about this.
                        LARRIN: What are you doing?
                        SHEPPARD: For the moment, not much. Hyperdrive seems to be offline.
                        LARRIN: What?! How bad is it?
                        SHEPPARD: Well, it's not exactly my area of expertise but if I'm reading this thing right, the drive itself is undamaged. Probably just a short in the control system.
                        LARRIN: Then we can take care of it through a simple bypass. Just let me out and I should be able to fix it.
                        SHEPPARD: I don't think so.
                        LARRIN (angrily): We're a floating target out here, Sheppard!
                        SHEPPARD: All right, take it easy. I've got the transmitter off. My people should have gotten the message by now.
                        LARRIN: There is no reason to assume that Wraith ship didn't broadcast our position.
                        SHEPPARD: Well, there's no reason to assume they did.
                        LARRIN: Listen to me, Sheppard. I've spent my entire life around hyperdrive systems. I know what I'm doing.
                        SHEPPARD: I never said I didn't believe you. Don't worry – my people will be here.

TEYLA: What is it?

SHEPPARD: Larrin, what are you doing?
                        SHEPPARD: Look, once my people get here and get the hyperdrive back online, we'll drop you off at the nearest Gate. You have my word.
                        LARRIN (smiling ironically): Not good enough.
                        SHEPPARD: What, my word or my deal?
                        LARRIN: Yeah, well, both.
                        SHEPPARD: You're the one who kidnapped me, remember?
                        LARRIN: Because I need the ship.
                        SHEPPARD: There. I did you a favour.
                        LARRIN: Sheppard, listen to me. Our fleet is old. There was a time when we had the resources to build new ships, but now we don't. When we lose one, it's gone for good, and despite strict population controls there just isn't enough room for all of us any more. We've been forced to abandon some of our own people on the ground.
                        SHEPPARD: Well, they're no worse off than the rest of the people in this galaxy.
                        LARRIN (angrily): Fine. We'll do this the hard way.
                        SHEPPARD: Larrin, what are you doing?
                        LARRIN: Sheppard, you are really starting to annoy me!
                        SHEPPARD: Just sit tight. It'll be over soon enough.
                        LARRIN: Silas, Nevik, come in?
                        LARRIN: Silas, do you read me?
                        SHEPPARD: Give it up. They're gone.
                        LARRIN: You don't know that.
                        SHEPPARD: No, but I can find out.
                        SHEPPARD: Looks like there's no-one alive in the forward section. I'm sorry.
                        SHEPPARD: Larrin, where are you going?
                        SHEPPARD: I can track you anywhere on the ship. You can't hide from me.
                        SHEPPARD: Larrin, stop. I'm picking up another life sign directly in front of you.
                        LARRIN: Silas!
                        SHEPPARD: That's impossible. There's no way he got out of that section alive.
                        Last edited by Padme18; 02 May 2008, 12:32 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Travelers Part Three

Spoiler:
                          SHEPPARD (to Larrin): You all right?
                          LARRIN (getting to her feet): I'm fine. It just caught me off guard.
                          SHEPPARD: They must have escaped in the Darts before their ship was destroyed. We left the Hangar Bay pressurised, they flew right in.
                          LARRIN: "They?"
                          SHEPPARD: Yeah, there's three more. (He holds up a life signs detector.) We can track ‘em with this.
                          LARRIN: Where'd you get that?
                          SHEPPARD: Auxiliary Control Room. Gotta know where to look. Come on.
                          LARRIN (to herself): Get his weapon.
                          SHEPPARD: Tenacious little *******s, aren't they?
                          SHEPPARD: Don't suppose you have any more of these?
                          LARRIN: I'm afraid not.
                          LARRIN: And I don't think this is gonna be much good either.
                          SHEPPARD: Hold on! Got one coming this way.
                          LARRIN: What now?
                          LARRIN: Wait, no, Sheppard ...
                          LARRIN: What? What are you doing?
                          LARRIN: What? Oh, I can't believe you're playing this ...
                          SHEPPARD: Ow!
                          SHEPPARD (whispering): There's the other two. What, are they having a board meeting?

TEYLA: Why would they be so far out on the edge of the solar system?

LARRIN (whispering): You know, none of this would have ever happened if you would have just co-operated. You'd be home by now and I'd be headed back to my people with a ship that could house a thousand men, women and children.
                          SHEPPARD: Well, if you had asked for my help in the first place instead of attacking me ...
                          LARRIN: We couldn't risk it.
                          SHEPPARD: Risk what?
                          LARRIN: You might have said no.
                          SHEPPARD: They're leaving.
                          SHEPPARD: Hold up. We've got a problem. They're between us and the Control Room.
                          LARRIN: We should be able to find a way around.
                          SHEPPARD: There isn't enough time. We can't risk them finding it first.
                          LARRIN: What does it matter? It's not like they can fly the ship.
                          LARRIN: Sheppard? (She closes her eyes in disbelief.) You did shut down the controls, right?
                          LARRIN (indignantly): Sheppard!
                          SHEPPARD (glaring at her): There wasn't enough time!
                          LARRIN: If they find that Control Room before we do, they'll not only be able to fly this ship but they're gonna be able to track us using the internal sensors.
                          SHEPPARD: Believe me, I know. And by the way, I was busy saving your life at the time.
                          LARRIN: The only reason my life was in danger in the first place is because you decided to broadcast our position to half the galaxy.
                          SHEPPARD: Do you wanna argue about this or do you wanna do something about it?
                          LARRIN: Fine. What are the options?
                          SHEPPARD: Well, we're cut off from the Control Room and we have no weapons.
                          LARRIN: That's not true. We have the Chair.
                          SHEPPARD: I don't think drones are gonna do any good with a bunch of Wraith in the middle of the ship.
                          LARRIN: What if they weren't in the middle?
                          SHEPPARD: Get serious.
                          LARRIN: You got a better idea?

SHEPPARD: All right. I'm in position.
                          LARRIN: Wait for my signal.
                          SHEPPARD: Sure you wanna go through with this? If you don't make it, I'll feel responsible and, well, I really don't need the guilt.
                          LARRIN: I'll be fine as long as you don't shoot too early. (She smirks.) I'm sure that's not the first time you've heard that from a woman.
                          SHEPPARD: On the other hand, I might be able to live with it.
                          LARRIN: I got ‘em. Here we go.
                          LARRIN: Sheppard, now!
                          SHEPPARD: Larrin? Come in. Larrin?
                          SHEPPARD: Only takes one. I see that you've just fed, which means that your regeneration powers are at their highest, but I seriously doubt you can grow a new head.
                          SHEPPARD: First, you're gonna hand me the stunner – slowly.
                          SHEPPARD: Next, you're gonna give back what you took. Then you're gonna leave.
                          SHEPPARD: You came in a Dart, right?
                          SHEPPARD: Well then, you're gonna leave the same way you came. There's a space Gate orbiting the second planet in the system. It may take you a while, but you'll get there.
                          SHEPPARD: That's true. I'd say there's a fifty:fifty chance I'll do it out of pure spite. But ... (he jams the blaster harder into its neck) ... if you don't, I will kill you.
                          SHEPPARD: Get up.
                          SHEPPARD: Turn around.
                          SHEPPARD: Are you all right?
                          LARRIN: I don't know. That was so strange, to have your whole life fading away and then to suddenly have it back again. (She smiles at him.) It actually felt kinda good.
                          SHEPPARD: Mmm, I know. Happened to me once, too. Long story. Think you can get up?
                          LARRIN: Yeah.
                          SHEPPARD: Easy.
                          LARRIN: I'm OK. Oh, my. (She gazes into his eyes.) You saved my life ... again.
                          SHEPPARD: If you hadn't come up with a plan, we'd both be dead.
                          LARRIN: So you're saying we make a good team?
                          SHEPPARD: Well, don't go crazy.
                          LARRIN: Right. But in the interests of interstellar relations, I think we should at least just try to get along, right?
                          SHEPPARD: You've gotta be kidding me!
                          LARRIN: Sorry.
                          SHEPPARD: Larrin?
                          LARRIN: Sorry about this, Sheppard – and I really am grateful you saved my life.
                          SHEPPARD: Well, you've got a funny way of showing it.
                          LARRIN: Don't play hurt with me. It's easy to be generous when you think you have the upper hand.
                          SHEPPARD (hauling himself to his feet): What are you talking about?
                          LARRIN: We both know the only reason you didn't stun me and lock me up the first opportunity you got was because you thought your ships were gonna get here first. You were wrong about that, by the way.
                          LARRIN: Believe me, I feel the same way. How did you find us?
                          LARRIN: You knew he took the ship?
                          LARRIN: Well done. Now I want you to send over a couple of technicians to help me get the hyperdrive back online. Oh, and a security team as well.

TEYLA: Perhaps we should attempt to communicate before we attack. We know nothing about these people.

LARRIN: I thought you'd be glad to know the hyperdrive repairs are almost complete.
                          SHEPPARD: Well, congratulations. You got what you wanted.
                          LARRIN: Yes, it's true I can fly the ship and navigate, but there are still dozens of systems I don't have access to – and if any of the controls went down, it would be a problem.
                          SHEPPARD: So finish the adaptor. You said you can reverse-engineer the systems I've already initialised.
                          LARRIN: Well, yes, we can eventually, but it would go a lot faster if I keep you onboard.
                          SHEPPARD (angrily): You are a piece of work, you know that?
                          LARRIN: Look, I know you don't agree with my tactics, but I wasn't lying about why I need this ship. I'm doing this for my people.
                          SHEPPARD: Look, I know you think you're helping your people but you're wrong.
                          LARRIN: Excuse me?
                          SHEPPARD: You've been running and hiding for thousands of years. You've survived – good for you – but now you're starting to see diminishing returns. One more ship – well, it'll buy you a little more time, but ultimately it's not gonna change anything. Your people are headed for a slow death.
                          LARRIN: What other choice do we have?
                          SHEPPARD: In case you haven't heard – you will soon enough – but the Wraith are under attack.
                          LARRIN: From who?
                          SHEPPARD: It's a long story, but the point is, they're taking heavy damage and if they don't get wiped out, they're gonna be vulnerable. Now, you people have hyperdrives and advanced weapons and God knows what else. When the time is right, that kind of technology can tip the balance.
                          LARRIN: Are you suggesting an alliance?
                          SHEPPARD: Well, I'm not asking you to dinner, but yeah, something like that.
                          LARRIN: After all I've put you through?
                          SHEPPARD: Well, like you said, you did it for your people.
                          LARRIN: I may have misjudged you after all.

TEYLA: What about the others?

SHEPPARD: That's affirmative, Major. It's good to hear from you.
                          SHEPPARD: You don't know the half of it.
                          SHEPPARD: Mmm! That's good!

SHEPPARD: Mmm. Spend enough time with a bunch of space nomads, you really begin to appreciate what you have.
                          TEYLA: It's difficult to imagine spending one's entire life on board a ship.

SHEPPARD: Hmm.

SHEPPARD: They're not exactly the most even-keeled people. I'm still not exactly sure why they let me go.
                          TEYLA: Well, you did offer them an alliance. That has to be worth something.

SHEPPARD: That is a possibility.
                          SHEPPARD (deliberately concentrating on cutting up the food on his plate): I don't know what you're talking about.
                          SHEPPARD: She had me beat, Rodney.
                          SHEPPARD: She threatened to kill me several times. It wasn't like we were hanging out in the spa together.
                          SHEPPARD: Well, you may still get a chance.
                          SHEPPARD: She's still out there.
                          Last edited by Padme18; 02 May 2008, 12:41 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Ooh nice update
                            Spoiler:
                            dada dada....Rodney to the rescue....um you do know you wrote breast instead of beast...right
                            Thanks guys.

It shows you were my mind is at the moment. That what I get for trying to write two papers at once while looking over my shouder. Now, I have to go. So you can imagine the other paper I am writing right. Work related though.
                            sigpic
                            Sigs made by the talented Cazzblade, Donna, Jeyla, Linda, Luciana, Mayra, Mrs.B, Padme
                            Scifan, Teylafan, WraithLord & YC & me.

Thanks for the memory to the cast and crew of Stargate Atlantis.
                            WraithLord - R.I.P.

Comment

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Larrin Never mind Teyla will take care of her

*throws rotten food at Padme*
                              sigpic

Comment

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Larrin Never mind Teyla will take care of her

*throws rotten food at Padme*
                                I know, I do too, but most, well almost all, of Sheppard's lines were directed at her. They wouldn't have made sense with out them.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X