John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
    Look guys, at the end of the day, just be happy one half of your power couple is not recurring. Now that would be the death of a ship! And if that happens, then I'd say let the worry set in. Other than that, anything can happen and I think everyone is just jumping to conclusions over a few details but nothing you know is definite.

Until we see the ep, we know nothing. I may have had my reservations if it was Michael related, but thinking on it, it would be a great story development for Teyla and totally understandable. That being said...this could be better than one would think, so relax and wait. Close your eyes and think of England.
    You are right VB......who was that other half ship?

Our ship has never been threatened by any other ship cause there was no other ship! This could threaten our ship! LOL
    sigpic

Comment

Exactly. I'm loving this personally.
      Spoiler:
      so there I'd like to know who the daddy is of Teyla's babe! Cause it doesn't look to be Michael's.
      I always said people need to relax and TPTB is great.

~sigh~
      Click statement above to read article.

Comment

sorry camy it was late at night when i made that post i know how to use spoiler tags but i was just too tired to bother with all the moving and that so next time i will i have also been thinking about the story line myself and i have to agree with most of the storyline ideas that people have come up with
        Spoiler:
        i mean is rachel really pregnant in real life and are they tieing her pregnancy in with the shows storylines and exactly how does she end up pregnant and how long will she keep it hidden and will it be human or wraith there is so many possibilities and some many speculation and im really enjoying catching up on this
        Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by Camy View Post
          You are right VB......who was that other half ship?

Our ship has never been threatened by any other ship cause there was no other ship! This could threaten our ship! LOL
          I wish I could find a cluster of people somewhere on GW interested in and excited about ...
          Spoiler:
          ... Teyla being pregnant.

On JM's blog I read commenters excited about the idea (or near miss) of McKay being a father. Can't speculate as to the reason why commenters there were excited for McKay, except maybe they were McKay fans. Maybe they thought a change of that magnitude would add to the character.

Who knows?

Personally, I think there have been bigger *threats* to the likelihood of the writers making John and Teyla into a couple than this ... And we're so far away from any air date to speak of.

When it comes to sci-fi, I'm also more of an epic love story person, like the Aeryn Sun and John Crichton relationship, so I'm not as excited by the boy/girl stuff of season 3 as others may be. However ... I'd sure love to see some baby balloons and discussion somewhere on GW about how interesting it is that in season 4 Teyla is going to face either a (1) straight-up (in Stargate?) normal pregnancy or (2) one that's caused by some kind of implantation. In the case of (2), is John going to be sympathetic or creeped out? Or both. If he's not the daddy, are we going to see any interesting reaction to the scientist / bad guy / boyfriend who is responsible? My .02, unless he's dead, I can't in my wildest dreams imagine Teyla not telling her Athosian (or ... Marine ...) boyfriend she's in the family way ... That's too MW, too Earthish, too ... anyway ... John as the father, now he'd present a number of complexities that I'd be okay watching play out in well-written drama.

I think motherhood among a culture that expects most of its population to die young will be a special thing, like dying of old age. Sure, some kind of weird, meddling, freaky sci-fi thing getting hold of you and making that little pregnancy test pop positive could put a damper on the spirit. If she isn't pregant through natural means, how will Teyla deal with two very intense and conflicting emotions? I don't think the Athosians got cut slack by the Wraith for being pregnant, so I don't think Teyla will count herself less a warrior when she gets big. On the other hand, the Athosians may consider making babies so critical to their existence that they have a policy of sending pregnant women to retreats or seclusion-- who knows?

Why aren't we excited about this chance to get a good look at Athosian culture?

And don't say you're worried about how the PTBs will handle it. I mean, you can say it, but then after we say it, let's get to the up side already.

We can't moan for the next _______ (insert favorite number here) months. (Oh sure we can, lol!) I'm just suggesting there's much, much more to talk about if Teyla is going to be carryng a child in season four. Starting with, "Hey Teyla! Congratulations!"

Disclaimer: the congratulatory remark applies only if said pregnany is natural.

So many possibilities.

Btw, my favorite is Sanssong's.
          Last edited by expendable_crewman; 27 April 2007, 02:55 AM.

Comment

Well, even in a natural process,
            Spoiler:
            pregnancy is not always considered a blessing. However, the Athosians right now I don't see playing a role in Teyla's pregnancy if it looks like they will be missing for some time. And if Teyla is going to hide her pregnancy as well, I doubt we will be hearing much of this until the latter half.

I personally am not bumbed out about the pregnancy, but how it's going to unfold. If Teyla is keeping this a secret, again.....I somehow don't see it as being a secret because it was something implanted...I don't know, it still doesn't add to me that Teyla would hold a Wraith child or even worse after what she saw Michael create to be something she would care for or even want. There is no question that Teyla holds some attachment to her unborn child...So, my concern is, are we now going to see that she is going to sleep with an unknown or someone that we never saw the connection with for the past three years? Or is this more complicated and more interesting, Teyla knowing that John doesn't remember a thing! Now, that constitutes discussion! *wink*

But, yes...I think that once we know who the father is, I can be happy of her pregnancy!
            sigpic

Comment

I have to admit that I’m kinda surprised by some of the things that I’m reading. With the new spoilers for Season 4 circulating, I’d thought we’d be finally happy to get what we’ve asked for: character development for Teyla…….

Spoiler:
              I’ll say this last bit and then try my best to avoid further opinions on/speculation of Teyla’s pregnancy (don’t hold me to it though ):

1. After 3 years of neglect, our girl is finally getting her time in the spotlight. And for that, I’m very glad. I’m glad to see an interesting spin put on Teyla’s story arc. If it wasn’t TPTB’s original intention, I say thank you for being supportive of Rachel and I wish you the very best for Seasons 4, 5 and the many others to come. If it was, what a wonderful way to get the threads humming with speculation that is focused on Teyla.

2. What did you expect? I never thought of Teyla’s having more screen time as an opportunity to further JT’s relationship. I thought of it as a way to learn more about Teyla, the individual. Of course I would love more JT, but I’ve been getting bit and pieces of that for the last three years and it seems to be progressing along just fine.

3. What’s this nonsense about a child destroying JT’s relationship? First and foremost, John and Teyla have a deep and wonderful friendship. Second, John sees her as a part of his family, the family that he would do anything for. And third, their attraction for each other is strong. It’s stood the test of time so far and I see no reason that it can not continue to do so. John’s had brief relationships and yet the flame he carries for Teyla still burns bright. Why can’t she do the same? It would be a little hard for me to believe, because Teyla seems to be very reserved, but if TPTB were able to come up with a good explanation, then fine.

4. Have a little faith! I believe in the JT ship. TPTB have shown us that they believe in it too. Every year they’ve given us something that lets us know that even though it may be going a little slow, it’s still moving along. So until they kill it, and by kill it I mean: hung, disemboweled, drawn & quartered, decapitated and then created an official site that states: Lt. Col John Sheppard loves (Place Scank’s Name Here). I won’t believe that it’s dead. It’s just taken a momentary detour.

5. Continued speculation: Who knows what, why, how, or who got Teyla pregnant? Maybe she doesn’t even know? The possibilities are endless. And though, I’m one of the first to admit it’s fun to speculate and I’ve heard some very intriguing ideas, we still have no idea what to believe. Because this is a character that’s very close to my heart, I’m going to try and step back from rumors and look forward to the best case scenario. Besides, I haven’t even seen the whole of season 3 yet to be letting myself get worked up over Season 4. And lord knows I’ll need all of my strength for Sunday.

6. Cheer up, think positive and enjoy what we have now. Do I need to say more?
              Anywho, that’s my two cents……..
              Last edited by Devine27; 27 April 2007, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Devine27 View Post
                I have to admit that I’m kinda surprised by some of the things that I’m reading. With the new spoilers for Season 4 circulating, I’d thought we’d be finally happy to get what we’ve asked for: character development for Teyla…….

Spoiler:
                I’ll say this last bit and then try my best to avoid further opinions on/speculation of Teyla’s pregnancy (don’t hold me to it though ):

1. After 3 years of neglect, our girl is finally getting her time in the spotlight. And for that, I’m very glad. I’m glad to see an interesting spin put on Teyla’s story arc. If it wasn’t TPTB’s original intention, I say thank you for being supportive of Rachel and I wish you the very best for Seasons 4, 5 and the many others to come. If it was, what a wonderful way to get the threads humming with speculation that is focused on Teyla.

2. What did you expect? I never thought of Teyla’s having more screen time as an opportunity to further JT’s relationship. I thought of it as a way to learn more about Teyla, the individual. Of course I would love more JT, but I’ve been getting bit and pieces of that for the last three years and it seems to be progressing along just fine.

3. What’s this nonsense about a child destroying JT’s relationship? First and foremost, John and Teyla have a deep and wonderful friendship. Second, John sees her as a part of his family, the family that he would do anything for. And third, their attraction for each other is strong. It’s stood the test of time so far and I see no reason that it can not continue to do so. John’s had brief relationships and yet the flame he carries for Teyla still burns bright. Why can’t she do the same? It would be a little hard for me to believe, because Teyla seems to be very reserved, but if TPTB were able to come up with a good explanation, then fine.

4. Have a little faith! I believe in the JT ship. TPTB have shown us that they believe in it too. Every year they’ve given us something that lets us know that even though it may be going a little slow, it’s still moving along. So until they kill it, and by kill it I mean: hung, disemboweled, drawn & quartered, decapitated and then created an official site that states: Lt. Col John Sheppard loves (Place Scank’s Name Here). I won’t believe that it’s dead. It’s just taken a momentary detour.

5. Continued speculation: Who knows what, why, how, or who got Teyla pregnant? Maybe she doesn’t even know? The possibilities are endless. And though, I’m one of the first to admit it’s fun to speculate and I’ve heard some very intriguing ideas, we still have no idea what to believe. Because this is a character that’s very close to my heart, I’m going to try and step back from rumors and look forward to the best case scenario. Besides, I haven’t even seen the whole of season 3 yet to be letting myself get worked up over Season 4. And lord knows I’ll need all of my strength for Sunday.

That's the best way to look at this new info, positive. I'm trying, i really am but it's hard LOL!. I love that Teyla is finally going to be used and focused on this season, i just wasn't expecting it to be in this way. But like you said

Spoiler:
                We don't know how she gets pregnant, what role John will play. After reading this news yesterday and trying to take it all in, i'm just going to try and think positive and hope the writers know what they are doing and cross my fingers this doesn't kill the J/T relationship, only make it stronger.
                sigpic

Sig by Camy

Comment

Nah, don't worry....yeah she told me the same thing...you know what this means right...we are going to have to be here when she first reads about it...serves her right for not being here for me when I needed her the most....I'll let her suffer a little bit!

LOL

Don't worry......I refuse to believe that the writers are going to turn this around....it may be a bumpy *no pun intended* season but it will work out in the end!
                  LOL! i think she is going to get a BIG Surprise when she reads this news

Yup, i'm just going to try and think positive now. I was drained yesterday trying to catch up to all the news, rumors and spoilers that i missed for not checking my computer on Wednesday LOL!.
                  sigpic

Sig by Camy

Comment

Originally posted by sanssong View Post
                    Nope, nope, you are looking at this wrong.
                    Spoiler:
                    This idea of mine isn't having John as the REAL father. But he would be there by default because his doppelganger was responsible.
                    I'ts definitely a possibility and i'm not counting it out that's for sure. At least from what JM mentioned

Spoiler:
                    about Michael, we know it wont involve him since he isn't slated to come out during the fist half of the 4th season. So that possibility is now even more greater.
                    sigpic

Sig by Camy

Comment

Um....you may want to consider writing that....

ROF

That doopeldanger really....never mind!
                      *snort* Well, if I don't see what I'm hoping for I might just!

Comment

Excellent, excellent posts from both EC and Devine. You all made some great points and I'm totally on board with the idea that this development is NOT going to crash JT in any way.
                        Spoiler:
                        I am brashly optimisitc and continue to believe that more of Teyla is a awesome thing and that this pregnancy, whatever the cause, will bring John and Teyla together. If Michael and his experiments are indeed out of the question, then that only leaves two options as far as I can tell, Doppelganger John and some unknown alien influence that we don't know about yet. I just can't see this being the result of a straight up romance where Teyla gets pregnant. Not even with John. Sorry, but there hasn't been enough on screen to make me believe that they have come to terms with their feelings for each other to the point that they'd have been seriously dating. It's obvious to us that they are nuts about one another, but they aren't ready to admit that to each other yet.

Comment

Pregnancy is not that bad!! It could be worse, like killing her off!!

Comment

Originally posted by sanssong View Post
                            *snort* Well, if I don't see what I'm hoping for I might just!
                            Oh, you should.......EC is right, you are a very good writer....did you ever finished that fic that you had with JT?

BTW...I have some fic recommendations....

Devine finished her Tamare fic.....LOVED IT!

Have to re-read it though, I found it last night and I'm still so,...*sighs*

and then Agriope wrote another beautiful one too....

I am not sure if I've missed any!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jodi518 View Post
                              Pregnancy is not that bad!! It could be worse, like killing her off!!
                              Or making her recurring. There is no chance of building or reinforcing the bond when a character is either killed off or put to recurring status. It's very clinical.
                              Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by Devine27 View Post

Spoiler:

Ouch! That was a big slap on my face, Dee...*wink*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X