X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Camy View Post
    MAJOR SPOILERS FOR SEASON 4 TEYLA IN PARTICULAR..THE SEER...BEWARE

Spoiler:
    Okay..what we discussed here last time about Teyla being the one pregnant...seems to be very true! Gosh, my mind is so wrapped up about this one that I can't even remember how I felt about it when we first brought it up...so please, forgive me if I keep changing my mind about this one....right now, there are several rumors going around...I'm not really sure how I feel about this but Teyla being pregnant is an almost definite.....A friend gets the slides for the episodes and it's written that the Athosians are indeed the ones that go missing.....and that they find an eldery man that seems to be able to see the future and to prove it, he confirms that Teyla has been hiding the fact that she's pregnant...now it seem that Teyla describes it as "complicated" what does that mean?

Now, I've read two theories going around, it is Michael's doing....so far we've read nothing about Michael....and the theory that Michael took Teyla is out the window since it's her people that are missing....so, I"m not sure that this story fits...

Now Wikepedia comments that it's Sheppard's baby....see, I'm not sure if I should jump up with joy or cry like a baby! Okay..Not cry, but again....I"ve always seen John and Teyla's relationship as one that...well, they've hold on for so long...what caused this to happen.....so, okay....what about this Doopleganger story...which is right before The Seer if I"m not mistaken....for some reason I thought that they would be dreaming and in a chamber or something but Wikepedia comments that Sheppard's evil twin/clone actually comes back with the team to Atlantis...so, he's flesh and blood not a hallucination or simply in their dreams...now he does get into their dreams...but he's real when he comes back to Atlantis....so, did this Sheppard sneak in with Teyla?

Now, see...I've never wanted something like that....if that's the case, what does that mean, that this shouldn't be counted as real? is this going to be another, oh, he was expressing the real Sheppard's doing....

Oy, again, I"m not sure how I feel about this.....

One thing I"m certain of....Teyla is pregnant...we don't know how or who the father is...regardless...John will be there to support her....no matter what the circumstances are....

Now, finally.....what is this going to do to Teyla....if it's a whole Wraith thing...then I can see it going into a lot of angst for her and her future as part of the team...if it's Sheppard's or gosh forbid, Ronon's, Carson's, Lorne's, the Marine dude, what is this going to mean for Teyla for the rest of the season and her role as part of the team....is Teyla going to sit back and stay in the city?

Now, it says that we will know about how the Wraith reproduce...I'm thinking this will tie with the abduction of the Athosians...

Now, if it is Sheppard's....will the writers go into this whole mixing of the genes to create a super human/wraith baby?

If it is Michael's or some weird experiment, will the team have to deal with issues that pertain to abortion or the likes....are the writers really willing to go in that direction....they never did it for Vala...

Which is where I will end...if this is about an experiment gone wrong....or an experiment from Michael or whomever, how unoriginal and so the same to Vala's story and Daniel's wife....forgot her name....

Okay, no more ranting.....I think you can imagine how this is going to go wild on the net....so many want it to be about Michael just to break this ship when in fact my thoughts are regardless, this can only bring John closer to Teyla...I just wished that...well, I'll take up Maxbo's attitude...thanks Max!...if it's a well written plot and expands Teyla's character and role...I"m all for it...it certainly is dark enough for me!

guys, if we don't want to chat about this, then just ignore me....
    first...

but it was too late...

oh frak!! why must I go now!! I want to discusse it now!!

this is... wow...

god... it's the third time this year that something like 'this' will happen to a character from a show I like... is that some kind of an epidemic?? or all tptb suffers from lack of ideas and steal it from each other??!!

I just want to say one thing now... I really hope TPTB has a d@mn good idea, because if that will destroy my fav characters (John and Teyla) like it has already done in an other show I watch, then...

...bye bye season 5 for me
    Last edited by Annie Sheppard; 25 April 2007, 10:07 AM.

Comment

I know what you mean....for me it's not so much that it will kill John and Teyla....we don't know where this is going...but like I wrote in the Teyla thread....

John and Teyla's relationship in my view has never been founded on lust and passion but on trust, friendship, bond, and genuine love.
      Spoiler:
      If this is now suddenly about them, well at least it will continue their story, but if now I"m to believe that this is about someone else or something else that will hinder their relationship, WOW!

I hope that they do better than that!

*sighs*
      sigpic

Comment

hey everyone, i havent posted in a while but i just read the news and all i have to say is OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler:
        Teyla is PREGNANT!!?? I cant believe it, i never thought they would do that. And to top it all off, it might be johns??!! I'm not sure if i like the idea or not. I'm gunna have to wait for more news to know for sure.Can you tell me the site that you got the hints that it might be sheppard please?

I'll post again once i'm over the shock

mish

Comment

Yeah well over in the episode thread they are really having a feast with our Teyla and it breaks my heart.....I"m rambling there now..and I will get my ass kicked soon, but I refuse to beleive that these writers, that after Joe has pushed for this to be the best season and Rachel is so looking forward to character development, that they can't make this work...but, worse things have happened...

I found the comment about Sheppard in Wikepedia....again, I've read that this is not the most reliable source cause anyone can write stuff in there..but the news about Teyla seems to be pretty accurate!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_See...te_Atlantis%29
          sigpic

Comment

OMY! It's been removed!

They removed the Sheppard part in Wikepedia! It was there this morning! Written twice!

Spoiler:
            first it read that Davos confirmed that Sheppard was the father and then it read at the end that Sheppard was reeled with the news when he suddenly got called by Carter to go back to the chair.

Now, since I'm certain that this episode hasn't filmed yet, things can change....

but I can't believe it was just there!
            sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
              Okay..what we discussed here last time about Teyla being the one pregnant...seems to be very true! Gosh, my mind is so wrapped up about this one that I can't even remember how I felt about it when we first brought it up...so please, forgive me if I keep changing my mind about this one....right now, there are several rumors going around...I'm not really sure how I feel about this but Teyla being pregnant is an almost definite.....A friend gets the slides for the episodes and it's written that the Athosians are indeed the ones that go missing.....and that they find an eldery man that seems to be able to see the future and to prove it, he confirms that Teyla has been hiding the fact that she's pregnant...now it seem that Teyla describes it as "complicated" what does that mean?

Now, I've read two theories going around, it is Michael's doing....so far we've read nothing about Michael....and the theory that Michael took Teyla is out the window since it's her people that are missing....so, I"m not sure that this story fits...

Now Wikepedia comments that it's Sheppard's baby....see, I'm not sure if I should jump up with joy or cry like a baby! Okay..Not cry, but again....I"ve always seen John and Teyla's relationship as one that...well, they've hold on for so long...what caused this to happen.....so, okay....what about this Doopleganger story...which is right before The Seer if I"m not mistaken....for some reason I thought that they would be dreaming and in a chamber or something but Wikepedia comments that Sheppard's evil twin/clone actually comes back with the team to Atlantis...so, he's flesh and blood not a hallucination or simply in their dreams...now he does get into their dreams...but he's real when he comes back to Atlantis....so, did this Sheppard sneak in with Teyla?

Now, see...I've never wanted something like that....if that's the case, what does that mean, that this shouldn't be counted as real? is this going to be another, oh, he was expressing the real Sheppard's doing....

One thing I"m certain of....Teyla is pregnant...we don't know how or who the father is...regardless...John will be there to support her....no matter what the circumstances are....

Now, finally.....what is this going to do to Teyla....if it's a whole Wraith thing...then I can see it going into a lot of angst for her and her future as part of the team...if it's Sheppard's or gosh forbid, Ronon's, Carson's, Lorne's, the Marine dude, what is this going to mean for Teyla for the rest of the season and her role as part of the team....is Teyla going to sit back and stay in the city?

Now, it says that we will know about how the Wraith reproduce...I'm thinking this will tie with the abduction of the Athosians...

Now, if it is Sheppard's....will the writers go into this whole mixing of the genes to create a super human/wraith baby?

If it is Michael's or some weird experiment, will the team have to deal with issues that pertain to abortion or the likes....are the writers really willing to go in that direction....they never did it for Vala...

Which is where I will end...if this is about an experiment gone wrong....or an experiment from Michael or whomever, how unoriginal and so the same to Vala's story and Daniel's wife....forgot her name....

Okay, no more ranting.....I think you can imagine how this is going to go wild on the net....so many want it to be about Michael just to break this ship when in fact my thoughts are regardless, this can only bring John closer to Teyla...I just wished that...well, I'll take up Maxbo's attitude...thanks Max!...if it's a well written plot and expands Teyla's character and role...I"m all for it...it certainly is dark enough for me!

Wow, is all i can say!!

Comment

I don't think is a very pro... whatever it should be post... so beware... I still love our ship but this is just too much... I'm really sorry if this sounds anti Teyla/John... I tried...

Spoiler:
                okay... so first... I haven't heard about the idea of Teyla getting pregnant so for me this is a huuuuuuuge shock! And I don't know if I should cry or laugh... this is totally ridiculus... Am I in hell?? oh man when I wished for making this ship official I never thought about making it this way... wait a second... it's not even about our ship...

oh god after what I have seen this season and I have heard about the next one I had hope... hope for us... hope to see, hmmm... more moments like in 'Sateda'... more conversations about feelings, a confession, them spending more time together, you know - sparring, dinners, mainland... maybe even a few nice off world situations... you know 'protective Shep'... And then, yes then would the weeding and baby part come. But I guess I was soooooooooooooooo wrong...

*have to calm down*

I really liked it that many people wanted them together but not in such a way...

now the IF's:

1. if it's Johns... I always thought more about Teyla than that. I mean out of the blue she's pregnant with his kid? Oh come on... I think I've missed the middle part of the relationship or they've just jumped from 'call me John' to having a baby. With every other woman okay, we know that John was a busy man in the last two years but not with Teyla. There are no excuses for this...

2. if it's Johns... you know there have been many no-shippers after last season who have written that they want TPTB to decide for one ship so that everything will be clear on the shipper fronts. I was positive surprised. There have been many no-shipper who voted for Teyla/John... but now if they will make it this way then I can imagine that many people will be pissed with it. No time to get uesd of it. You know fans have had problems with making the Sam/Jack thing toooooo slow but that may kill them for getting too fast. I don't want to watch another war between fans because of it. I don't want to hear that John is with her just because of the baby... that the storyline forced him to be with her out of nowhere. I wanted to see A relationship!

3. if it isn't Johns... hmm... then who's?? Micheal's?? you kidding me? okay I admit that this ship has a corner in my shipper-heart but thats AU!! So, because Teyla is the only woman in the team, we use her for the 'creating by experiments a hybrid baby' storyline? Oh man thats so poor... Sheppard didn't even have nightmares after what they did to him in 'Common ground' (havn't heard anything about it... it was like nothing happened) and Teyla will disappear and come back pregnant... oh funny... ha ha ha *sarcasm* THAT'S a storyline. Brilliant TPTB... really...

And what will happen with Teyla?? She will sit at home and play housewife?? I have heard something about character development... wow... I'm impressed by TPTB... I wanted to see her fighting, BEING a member of the team, going off world not sitting in Atlantis... because what eles can she do in such a situation??

Another thing is... if it's not Sheppards... and their might not be together (I mean having a real relationship, somthing more than friends but still not together) when it'd happen and then he might take care of her anyway.. that's nice and sweet but.. does that mean that he really loves her but this shocking event forced him to tell her the truth? or he might be with her because he feels responssiable for it (protective Shep)?? or what??

Last thing for now... can you imagine what they all will do with Teylas character if this will be a big mistake? hoh... I think she might join the 'save Weir and Beckett club'...

I hope it still makes sense...

sorry if it sounds harsh... maybe it's the shock or not... maybe it's because I know TPTB and I don't believe they can make a good story with this thing... maybe it's the still fresh memories that an other pregnant woman this year really screwed a whole season... and two characters btw... not that I have anything against pregnant women in shows. Please, no offence!!

too much confusion...

I still love and support John and Teyla!

Comment

May I interrupt the regularly scheduled programming, lol?

I haven't been around lately but I thought I'd delurk and just throw out a couple of ideas.
                  Spoiler:
                  We have no idea how much time will pass for the show, its characters, whatever, from episode to episode. Without SG1 running new eps, the passage of time is in the hands of one batch of writers with very few constraints. Knowing that cancels shouldas and wouldas on what Teyla is doing with her guy if her guy is a human man. There is plenty of time to write and show what needs to be shown if she's going to carry the child of a human.

Next: I know "character development" is a subjective term, but hey, the writers are using the words, not me. If they (the writers) are going to put Teyla through some kind of wringer, threaten and possibly abduct and alter her people ... if she's contending with producing a human or non-human child ... if she's still a part of Atlantis, then imagine the acting job RL will have pulling this off.

What a feast.

And any character who cares about the character Teyla, anyone whatsoever, will be right there in it, with the potential to rock some very decent character interaction. I can think of one character I'd like to see fighting right there with her for the Athosians, getting involved with this pregnancy, and any and all changes her pregnancy will bring to Teyla and the expedition.

And after RL and JF pull off some potentially great scenes, we could (again, potentially) have DH and JM showing off their stuff.

This is an arc that appears to have Teyla at its center.

Now, that's one take, I know.

One possibility.

If something is growing inside Teyla, human or non-human, she doesn't have to show (although she might) and he/she/it doesn't have to be born in season 4.

If the tyke becomes the main point of a horror show, okay, it's sci-fi and so on.

If the wee being is the result of a tender interlude, I can live with that too.

Come to think of it, has anyone ever procreated in Stargate off normal relations? Wow, a little love baby on the show is actually pretty original.

Sorry. Resume program!
                  Last edited by expendable_crewman; 25 April 2007, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Spoiler:

Ahh...*speechless* This was a shot out of the dark...

But...

Spoiler:
                    I don't think it will be Shep's (well at least not intentionally unless the episodes where this speculated ark begins takes place 6 months after the events of the season opener and they are in a full fledge relationship...not going to happen...
                    My bet is on Michael playing some type of role...but I am sure that no matter the how...John will be by Teyla's side no matter what, Rodney will try to crack a joke but stand beside her...Ronon....hmmmm big question mark there...

Well, I have hope for the ark because of this little story...I found its one of my favorite somewhat darker JT fics...

Gemini by shippedwrekked
                    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2625117/1/

Anyone remember reading this...

Comment

I"m so glad you posted! I was so tempted to email you today!

One thing I know for sure

Spoiler:
                      John and the team, but mostly John after all they've been through, is not going to leave Teyla...and two, if anyone can pull this story line is Rachel and Joe...JM has said that Teyla is going to spar and kick ass this season and I personally don't see Teyla as the damsel in distress waiting for her man to save her.....she'll be right there fighting for what she believes.....If anyone can pull this off it's Rachel and Joe..they've gotten us to love them not because of their dialogue or their stories but because of those looks, glances, stares, and those wonderful brief moments that Rachel and Joe have inspired us to see with their eyes and their small conversations......but most importantly, I don't think, although I wish, it's about John and Teyla...I think it's about the extreme that Teyla would go to save her people and that is going to be one hell of a spectacle to see...not something that is that original, but certainly can be something good to watch and interesting to see and one that can go in so many different angles...and what better to see John struggle with the idea of Teyla going through all of this and to what extremes will he go to save her and get her back!....

Thanks EC...I think I will be able to sleep now...

Next time, could you like post sooner so that I don't struggle with this all day?

Guys, I think this will be good....I really do..

*crosses fingers, toes, hair, neck, cheeks, mouth, and teeth*
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AthosianGirl View Post
                        Ahh...*speechless* This was a shot out of the dark...

But...

Spoiler:
                        I don't think it will be Shep's (well at least not intentionally unless the episodes where this speculated ark begins takes place 6 months after the events of the season opener and they are in a full fledge relationship...not going to happen...
                        My bet is on Michael playing some type of role...but I am sure that no matter the how...John will be by Teyla's side no matter what, Rodney will try to crack a joke but stand beside her...Ronon....hmmmm big question mark there...

Well, I have hope for the ark because of this little story...I found its one of my favorite somewhat darker JT fics...

Gemini by shippedwrekked
                        http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2625117/1/

Anyone remember reading this...
                        Oh, yes...that was very good...the characterization was a bit off at times, but I thought it was very well done!

Did she ever finish it?
                        sigpic

Comment

More from Jm's blog:
                          Spoiler:
                          Anonymous #7 writes: “Teyla's pregnant? […] It just proves that if you can't figure out how to develop a female character you off them like you're doing with Elizabeth or you get them pregnant... where have I seen that again? *insert rolling of eyes here*”

Answer: As far as I know, there are three ways in which shows have dealt with pregnancies: 1) They’ve reduced the actress’s onscreen time drastically and ignored the fact by shooting around her, 2) They’ve written the actress out of the show entirely, 3) They’ve supported the actress by writing the pregnancy into the show. If there is a fourth option you have in mind, I’d love to hear it. Maybe a "Teyla has an eating problem" arc?

Just throwing this out there. Not sure why, but I find this encouraging. I like it that the show ...
                          Spoiler:
                          ... is "supporting the actress by writing it into the show."

Now we know:
                          Spoiler:
                          Human timelines (real world, I mean) may dictate the progression of this arc, so I guess we may see Teyla with a baby tummy.

Sorry, can't help saying this ...
                          Spoiler:
                          but how adorable is that ...!!!

Okay, back to the show ...
                          Spoiler:
                          Apparently some re-writes post-poem were made. Here's part of what JM wrote in his most recent entry:
                          Spoiler:
                          A strange disappearance feeds another’s dark turn.
                          (Refers to a season four episode. The title pretty much gives it away. Alas, this is one that may not play out as planned as the originally envisioned dark turn arc has been superseded by another necessary arc).

I'm going to be real upbeat about the newest spoiler and its storyline but it may be time for me to try to get away from the spoilers.

Wow.

Comment

Spoiler:
                            A lot of rumors are going around but nothing has been confirmed. Certainly that gives room for interpretations, but I'll wait till I read it officially, but it sure sounds like it and hence the reason why it's a "long season arc".

At least if this is true, then we can say that the recent events caused this plot and not because of TPTB intended it this way.

I just hope that our ship isn't the one to suffer because of this "natural' surprise!
                            sigpic

Comment

We are just goin to have to wait till it airs becasue so many people seem to have good/ bad ideas as to what the real truth is to The Seer. But I doubt that it could be John's in a way becasue when you think about it, John and Teyla hadnt really gone that far in their relationship and Shep said hes not ready but its possible that it could be explained before the Seer' airs to know who teyla was with or even if the child is human or wraith. Michael could have a part in the story from what i think Michael may have done something to her while she was uncounsiouse in Vengeance, but waiting is all we can do to find out the truth and who the so called Dad is.

I dont think the writers would'nt go that far with Shep and Teyla i mean they hint about the chemistry but to go with Shep being a dad would be goin to far.
                              part of:
                              Unique Bond fansite Graphics Com ShepMagan Icons

wanna sig? pm me and ill make u one

Comment

About the Seer...

Spoiler:
                                All I'm saying I sure don't want it to have anything to do with Michael..since this will feel like the Ori storyline from SG1... and this is the only time I actually have thought about rehash story... I don't need the evil baby spawn storyline...if it's something else that is complicated I might be a little bit open minded,,,but to take it a route that most have already seen is like putting me to sleep...since I had no intrest in the Ori or the baby storyline..

Now all I can say...I'm truly glad that this is the kind of a show that support the actress into pulling this into a show..instead of cutting her scenes , shooting around her, or just toss her out of the show altogther as I've read some have done in the past to women who have ended up pregnant...so that they are supporting Rachel is really great...
                                From what I know and read on a thread that it's been seen on Rachel on a recent con...so she must be showing some now... so it seems that this storyline wasn't first in the works at all,,,but to support Rachel they maybe pulled something else off to make in season 5 instead if they get that far and pulled this into a arc instead...

I'll keep supporting John and Teyla...since I love those characters...and if anyone can pull of a tricky and emotional storyline it's Joe and Rachel... all I can say is that I hope that this wont kill all the good stuff they have been building up for 3 seasons... but I also hope that since they have shown that John is the one to be closest to her,,,that he is going to be her big support in all of this...

So I'll keep my love for them,,I'll follow Joe and Rachel's work,,,and just hope it isn't a cliché storyline that already has been done in the latest season of SG1...
                                sigpic
                                Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Working...
                                X