This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by emily_reich
    lol... so true!!! WHY PETE??!!! oh well, i suppose we'll never know will we???

glad to see i found another one-way-davis-has-thing-for-carter 'shipper!!!
    I can deal with Pete, I can deal with Carter being engaged, I just can't deal with the two in the same sentence.

Ahh, off to sleeps now. Is midnight here.

Comment

Originally posted by Kip_Cathey_Furlings_are_Cats
      I can deal with Pete, I can deal with Carter being engaged, I just can't deal with the two in the same sentence.

LOL... excellent point

Comment

shepeir or weheppaird

i thought they wrote some treyla\sheppard ship, but the more natural non-written, chemistry based ship is weir\sheppard.

Weir\Sheppard = Win

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

Originally posted by macktheknife
          shepeir or weheppaird

i thought they wrote some treyla\sheppard ship, but the more natural non-written, chemistry based ship is weir\sheppard.

Weir\Sheppard = Win
          Ahh, but wait and see, young grasshopper. Sheyla will reign above all!

Actually, he's probably right. Rats.

By the by, nice handle, Mack.

Comment

*shrugs* Personally, I find both Sheyla and ShepWeir a tad bit force....fun at points, but forced, and laid at the waste side when not.

Besides that, I think season 1 is too soon for any real pairings. They've only known each other, for what, a year now?

Contrary to popular belief, love takes a while. Lust is fast, love takes a while.

However, see what you like.
            *Insert something really cool here*

Comment

Originally posted by Thek
              Besides that, I think season 1 is too soon for any real pairings. They've only known each other, for what, a year now?

Contrary to popular belief, love takes a while. Lust is fast, love takes a while.
              who said anything about LOVE yet but's wrong with a little attraction between friends

Comment

Originally posted by Thek
                Lust is fast, love takes a while.
                That's my argument for McWeir you know

Comment

Originally posted by emily_reich
                  who said anything about LOVE yet but's wrong with a little attraction between friends
                  You know, I've always wondered what is wrong with just being close friends.

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                  That's my argument for McWeir you know
                  lol.
                  Last edited by Thek; 27 February 2005, 04:15 PM.
                  *Insert something really cool here*

Comment

I could deal with Weir\McKay (one episode, and even then they were facing imminent death, so it seemed natural for that), Heightmeyer\McKay (that would be funny if he was telling the truth), Heightmeyer\Weir, Weir\Beckett, Teyla\Dude From Mainland (I would love it if they decided to stay on the mainland and have 15 children), althought most of these would feel forced (especially Heightmeyer\Weirm, although i wound't mind that : ) .

Left field one : Ford\Heightmeyer. Ford would probably have deep emotional resentment after being booted from the main team, and Heightmeyer could "ease his tensions", make of that what you will.

One True Ship : Weir\Sheppard - The natural chemistry is there in the actors, they both receive good airtime and characterisation, are often together, have the High Ranking Officer thing (both must remain distant from those they command), it is shown in the episodes (although i dont think it was written that way, the 2 of them act their scenes out so this is visible to me, and example is where Torri smacks Joe on the butt during rising i think). Plus we have 39.30.

The One Ship That Will Ruin Them All : Teyla\Sheppard. I feel that even the written shippy moments fall flat, and there is non-existant chemistry\unscripted ship. I don't think it is forced by any means, but if they start doing that it will really affect my enjoyment of the show. Especially as the actress playing Teyla is more wooden than Keanu Reeves, and the writers have not done much with her anyway. They should killer her off and replace her with Jonas Quinn. Then Corin Nemec won't have to do "movies" like mansquito.
                    Last edited by macktheknife; 04 March 2005, 11:27 PM.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

I'm definitely seeing Shep/Weir potential. Chemistry galore! I think they've *tried* to set up UST between Sheppard and Teyla, but I think it's fallen flat. Certainly more of a friendship going on there... How about Ford and Teyla?
                      INCLUDES SPORK.

Comment

Originally posted by JxHarrison
                        I'm definitely seeing Shep/Weir potential. Chemistry galore! I think they've *tried* to set up UST between Sheppard and Teyla, but I think it's fallen flat. Certainly more of a friendship going on there... How about Ford and Teyla?
                        I could see that one. However, I stand by Yin.

MCWEIR ALL THE WAY!!! Lol.
                        Last edited by Kip_Cathey_Furlings_are_Cats; 05 March 2005, 03:21 AM. Reason: Frekkin Spelling again...

Comment

Originally posted by Kip_Cathey_Furlings_are_Cats
                          I could see that one. However, I stand by Yin.
                          MCWEIR ALL THE WAY!!! Lol.
                          You know one thing about people who say Shep/Weir have more chemistry is that I could maybe see it there as a tension or lust but not really them actually clicking emotionally, which is one reason I go for McKay/Weir, they just get on really well despite Rodney's usual habits of managing to push everyone away.

I see some flirting there too between McKay and Weir even though people insist it's siblinglike, but I wouldn't talk to my borther like she sometimes does!

The chair scene in Rising for example - the grin she gives him, and McKay looks surprised for a second but then comes back to playing the banter - thats why I enjoy McWeir, the teasing friendship - moments like in The Eye just make it even better for me.

Onto other ships - Ford/Heightmeyer - bizarre but could be cool. I'm always up for reading different ships like that in fic.

Actual McKay/Heightmeyer - I might like that - written fics with them but it's always Kate more so and angst over McWeir but should anyone out there write actual M/H then I'd love to read it becuase Kate's interesting (hoping we'll see more of her next season).

I'm really liking the idea of Kate/Carson or Kate/Radek too - anyone see how cute they could be?

Comment

I'm definitely hoping for McShep. The writers are obviously trying to push the Sheppard/Teyla thing, but it doesn't work. They are bascially trying to put this army guy with the xena of the pegasus galaxy. Of course, what the fans want wont stop the writers from doing the acceptable thing, the expected thing. God forbid we actually have gay charactors.....

Comment

Originally posted by MoyraFrost
                              My atlantis Ships are:

Wier/Sheppard(SP?)
                              Ford/Teyla
                              McKay/Beckett.

They all just kinda work, in their own ways.

Well, technically, ship is between male/female, and slash is between male/male or female/female, so only two of those are ship and the other is slash No offense meant, but that's the definition, unless that got altered recently.

Myself, I see potential in Sheppard & Teyla and oddly enough, McKay & Weir.

Comment

Originally posted by JxHarrison
                                Yes, to me it definitely looks like Shep/Weir as well. There's something going on there between these two. Shows in all the eye contact! What the writers could do is have an episode where something happens to them and they lose all their inhibitions! Cliche I know, but it might be interesting!

Nope, there's nothing between Shep and Teyla that I see. Ford and Teyla maybe, but he's not gonna be around much. They might put her with the new bloke Ronan Dex or what about Bates!? Love has sometimes blossomed out of dislike

Comment

Working...
                                X