No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David properly went to the costume department and said he wanted something different for the fans to talk about The ones in Duet were plain i think.

Spoiler:
    I love the ways he interacts with Carson, you can tell they're good friends.

hehe, arguing over the big gun

Sig made by Suekay.

Comment

Spoiler Sateda 'hands'!!

Spoiler:

Mx
      sig by SheppyD
      Whumpydoodlesquee and Frenxies a Speciality

I'm not crazy - I just have another consciousness in my brain
      So he just looks crazy

Comment

I got this nice Rodney/Carson one!!

SPOILERS FOR SATEDA

Spoiler:

Mx
        Last edited by McKayRocks!; 05 August 2006, 06:40 AM.
        sig by SheppyD

So he just looks crazy

Comment

Originally posted by surfinmuffin
          A heads up guys David is confirmed to be appearing at the Wolf Pegasus 2 convention in London at the beginning of feb next year!

oh thats only across the water!!!oh oh oh!!!! *is incredibly hyper now*

Comment

anybody seen this yet

spolier for upcoming episode

Spoiler:
            NEWS AND SPOILERS
            (Newest information is added to the bottom)

NEW! August 4 - "McKay apparently gained new mental powers. His brain can grasp things the other can't. He wants to reprogram Atlantis's use of the Z.P.M., and the others don't understand what he's doing, but it's not going all that well. Zelenka gets hurt by a surge of energy."

Sig made by Suekay.

Comment

Hey all

Yeah...saw that

RedPhoniex - just posting to apologise in advance about your sig...I've got a nasty viral infection, and I've got a lot of other requests...I'm going to try and get them all done, but I might start feeling really icky again so there'll likely be a delay

Anyhoo...I LOVED Sateda!
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Aurore
                The pics at Emedian are big enough but they only have the 2 first ones. Two new ones have been released: a group one with Rodney standing and one with only Rodney and Weir. They've been posted here but the links are no longer working. DH is so handsome on these he gives JF a run for his money!
                Oh I'm sorry, I confused that.

Wait, new ensemble pics? Where? How did I miss that? I have to see them!!!
                Originally posted by Red Phoniex
                David properly went to the costume department and said he wanted something different for the fans to talk about
                Hehe, yeah, maybe!

"Hey, give me something nice and crazy for my fans!"

Mx - fantastic caps from "Sateda"!
                I just watched it again with my bf and we both really like this ep!
                SueKay - sorry to hear that you're sick, hope you'll be better soon!

Bye, A.

P.S. I get nothing done today. I have housework to do and several PMs to answer - but I'm somewhere in my Atlantis dreamworld and can't get to the ground again. I'm just posting and watching SGA and posting and...
                ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

no hurry suekay. Sorry to hear you're sick. hope you get better soon. it's never nice being ill.

Pic from sateda

Spoiler:

have to admit, i love it when rodney starts waving his hands around.

Sig made by Suekay.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar
                    Are these two guys friends or what?
                    I love you guys!!!!! The caps are all so excellent.
                    Spoiler:
                    I love all of them, especially Sheppard and McKay on the floor...something so chummy about that pic. Teyla's conversation with Sheppard was one she could have had with McKay too--not good with expressing feelings, no social skills--it's funny how much alike John and Rodney are, despite the jock and geek labels. DH smushed my heart with his blustering about buddies. I thought Beckett would turn around and tell him affectionately, "Rodney, you're so full of s#!t." (I guess, in a sense, he did... ) Aww, Rodney, you have buddies! Rodney and Shep do look very buddy-ish sitting there together on the floor. And gorgeous as hell in those new uniforms. Really really very nice. Oh very.

Rodney is doing a good job with the flying now! Must be John's careful and attentive training.... (Ok I know...not the slash thread... ) Darn, if that didn't just put a whole fan fic in my head. Evil show.

Oh the ending! SO good....all the guys...Rachel is the luckiest actress...surrounded by all those adorable, sweet men. I think my two favorite moments in the whole ep (as much as I like a squished McKay and a glimpse of his boxers) were Shep and McKay chatting on the floor--can't even pinpoint just what I loved about it--they just looked so much like two little boys hanging out together, for a moment there. The other thing was that moment when Sheppard asked him who was flying and McKay points at himself and Shep just looks at him....so cute ....and Rodney in his rare innocent following-orders mode, hurries to get back to it. Those guys have the best interaction...

And was it just me or did anyone else notice, in the on-the-floor scene, when Rodney makes the snarky comment about Shep sticking to the lame jokes and leaving the science to Rodney, that he says it slightly differently than the old snappy putting-people-off Rodney....he's got a friendlier tone with Sheppard, like they've crossed some kind of line and it's a whole new world for Rodney...he can't put the same edge on his usual condescending tone.

They really are friends now. I love it.

I just realized I went more into Sheppard/McKay chatting than just McKay thunk. It's so hard for me to separate those two.

To finish off with a Thunk-- DH was just as adorable as anyone could possibly EVER be in this episode. I've already watched it twice and am going for a third--and that is because of him!
                    Last edited by smushybird; 05 August 2006, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by smushybird
                      To finish off with a Thunk-- DH was just as adorable as anyone could possibly EVER be in this episode
                      Since this is not really the discussion thread I'll make this short: I agree with everything you said about this ep! It was a really nice team ep and there were so many great moments!

What I liked about this ep was Shepp saying
                      Spoiler:
                      that everyone, "even Rodney" is like family to him now! Well, I could have done without the "even", but in my interpretation he emphasised Rodney because what he really meant is: "Especially Rodney"

Ok, wrong thread.

And DH was really fantastic in this ep, he acted so damn good!

Random pic:

Bye, A.
                      ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                      ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

haven't read all the thread yet but just wanted to add...

Squee!!

I probably won't be able to go to Pegasus 2 but I bought my ticket anyway just in case I can make it work. We'll have to do some kind of DH/RM Thunk Thread meet up while at the con.

Comment

Hey, guys! I just wanted to let you know that I'm still here. GateWorld has been so flakey for me lately. And I'm having problems with my computer and can't upload anything, or even make long posts, so I haven't been capping lately.

I just wanted to say that I think Sateda is about the best episode yet. While we got a lot of Ronon's backstory, the team dynamics were wonderful. And it's about time!

And about Rodney

Spoiler:
                          Really, David has got to know that he has the most wonderful backside. He certainly doesn't mind showing it, lucky for us. And yes, those lemon boxers are the the closest Rodney can ever get to citrus!

I'm always in awe of actors who can do both comedy and drama. And David can switch from snark to concern in a blink of an eye. It's just amazing to watch him act.

(Of course, the others aren't slouches, either. But David... sigh!)

My kind of guy:
                          "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                          Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                          (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

I haven't seen the new episodes but looking at those pics I have to say I love Rodney's new look black is such an awesome look for him
                            My brain = mush
                            You can never really know some completely. That's why it's the most terrifying thing in the world, really - taking someone on faith, hoping they'll take you on faith too. It's such a precarious balance, it's a wonder we do it at all. And yet...
                            -Libba Bray

Comment

Originally posted by strivaria
                              I probably won't be able to go to Pegasus 2 but I bought my ticket anyway just in case I can make it work. We'll have to do some kind of DH/RM Thunk Thread meet up while at the con.
                              You can bet we'll do!
                              I really hope you'll be able to make it. The more the merrier

I'm getting frustrated by all your "Sateda is the best episode yet" comments because the third season won't be aired here before April or May
                              And yes, DH/Rodney looks more and more handsome. I think we'll all be dead from the gorgeousness by the fifth season or even before!

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
                                Hey, guys! I just wanted to let you know that I'm still here. GateWorld has been so flakey for me lately. And I'm having problems with my computer and can't upload anything, or even make long posts, so I haven't been capping lately.

I just wanted to say that I think Sateda is about the best episode yet. While we got a lot of Ronon's backstory, the team dynamics were wonderful. And it's about time!

And about Rodney

Spoiler:
                                Really, David has got to know that he has the most wonderful backside. He certainly doesn't mind showing it, lucky for us. And yes, those lemon boxers are the the closest Rodney can ever get to citrus!

I'm always in awe of actors who can do both comedy and drama. And David can switch from snark to concern in a blink of an eye. It's just amazing to watch him act.

(Of course, the others aren't slouches, either. But David... sigh!)
                                Hey watcher!!!!!

Nice to hear from you again!!! And I agree with you 110%!!!! David was awesome in this ep!!!

Originally posted by SGA_Love
                                I love Rodney's new look black is such an awesome look for him
                                You said it - thank goodness the weather has cooled down or I would have boiled over!!!!

Originally posted by Aurore
                                And yes, DH/Rodney looks more and more handsome. I think we'll all be dead from the gorgeousness by the fifth season or even before!
                                Oh yes!! Please let it go on for at least 5 seasons!!!

Mx
                                sig by SheppyD

So he just looks crazy

Comment

Working...
                                X