Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    *looks around innocently*

He did seem to be gauging how she was going to act before he said anything. And I find the fact that he refused to look at her when she first woke up very telling. Yet on the other hand he knew exactly the moment when she was awake which tells me he had been watching her. He had also been awake when Phoebus finally left her so he had been watching out for her also. I think he was determined to spare her as much embarrassment as possible yet was dying to know if she remembered the kiss and how she felt about it. I doubt he was entirely happy with the outcome either because once again they missed a chance to get their feelings out on the table. Such a missed opportunity.
    They're both terrible with personal stuff, and they suffer some avoidance issues when it gets really personal. This crossed the line and took them out of their comfort zone.

But I will forever LOVE that Caldwell called them out on it. Seriously, for a supposedly non-shippy show dealing with an unofficial ship, that line is very suspect. Why redraw attention to it? Why their gauge their reactions? And of everything Caldwell could have mentioned, he gets them with the one thing he knows will have the most impact on both. He KNOWS the kiss is a big, unspoken deal.

Caldwell was such a shipper.
    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
      They're both terrible with personal stuff, and they suffer some avoidance issues when it gets really personal. This crossed the line and took them out of their comfort zone.

But I will forever LOVE that Caldwell called them out on it. Seriously, for a supposedly non-shippy show dealing with an unofficial ship, that line is very suspect. Why redraw attention to it? Why their gauge their reactions? And of everything Caldwell could have mentioned, he gets them with the one thing he knows will have the most impact on both. He KNOWS the kiss is a big, unspoken deal.

Couple that with what he said to Elizabeth in Conversion about how close they were and he was definitely a Sparky shipper. I think the light way he treated it showed that he suspected but really didn't care.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

About Caldwell being a shipper. Can I add one scene?
        During "Allies", I don't how to explain it or maybe I imagined it (maybe you will help me) but Caldwell seems to understand the strong bond between John and Elizabeth and tried to be nice with her. Damn, I can't find my words.lol This is the scene that I'm referring.

"WEIR: Colonel Caldwell. What's the status of the repairs?
        CALDWELL: Ongoing. We lost a few key personnel in the attack.
        (Teyla lowers her head. Elizabeth's face is full of grief.
        Obviously they have already been told about John's disappearance.)
        WEIR: Yes, we did.
        CALDWELL: I'm sorry."

Maybe I'm totally wrong.lol
        sigpic
        Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
          About Caldwell being a shipper. Can I add one scene?
          During "Allies", I don't how to explain it or maybe I imagined it (maybe you will help me) but Caldwell seems to understand the strong bond between John and Elizabeth and tried to be nice with her. Damn, I can't find my words.lol This is the scene that I'm referring.

"WEIR: Colonel Caldwell. What's the status of the repairs?
          CALDWELL: Ongoing. We lost a few key personnel in the attack.
          (Teyla lowers her head. Elizabeth's face is full of grief.
          Obviously they have already been told about John's disappearance.)
          WEIR: Yes, we did.
          CALDWELL: I'm sorry."

Maybe I'm totally wrong.lol
          Good catch. You're not wrong at all. That was a great scene and his tone of voice told her that he knew how she was feeling. And it was nice that he now thinks John is great. Wonderful moment.
          sigpic

Comment

Good catch. You're not wrong at all. That was a great scene and his tone of voice told her that he knew how she was feeling. And it was nice that he now thinks John is great. Wonderful moment.
            I like the fact that Elizabeth was sad but she tried to not show her emotions. She's still the leader.

"CALDWELL: I'm sorry.
            WEIR: So am I. (She lowers her head briefly, fighting against her emotions.) But this isn't the time to mourn them."

I will quote all the dialogue.lol
            sigpic

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday! I'm baaaack, ahahahahaha!!!!

Ahhh, The Long Goodbye. For a series that was supposedly not into shipping, and a ship that supposedly was not wanted by the producers, this was an episode that certainly played up the Sparky!

We really needed to see more moments where they get pushed out of that comfort zone. Those moments make for great character drama that was lacking too many times.

Caldwell was a total Sparky shipper. Damn, that reminds me of those 'Why Character X is a Sparky Shipper' lists I was working on. Hmm... maybe we could turn that into another game... at least, once we finish the eye!sex game and do the radio!sex game.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday! I'm baaaack, ahahahahaha!!!!

Ahhh, The Long Goodbye. For a series that was supposedly not into shipping, and a ship that supposedly was not wanted by the producers, this was an episode that certainly played up the Sparky!

We really needed to see more moments where they get pushed out of that comfort zone. Those moments make for great character drama that was lacking too many times.

Caldwell was a total Sparky shipper. Damn, that reminds me of those 'Why Character X is a Sparky Shipper' lists I was working on. Hmm... maybe we could turn that into another game... at least, once we finish the eye!sex game and do the radio!sex game.
                Can I add "John's tongue!sex"? It's strange for a name but you understand me.lol
                sigpic

Comment

Can I add "John's tongue!sex"? It's strange for a name but you understand me.lol
                  *snaps to attention* That's easy. The man pretty much defines sex of any sort.

Spoiler:
                  sigpic

Comment

I like the fact that Elizabeth was sad but she tried to not show her emotions. She's still the leader.

"CALDWELL: I'm sorry.
                    WEIR: So am I. (She lowers her head briefly, fighting against her emotions.) But this isn't the time to mourn them."

I will quote all the dialogue.lol
                    At some point we all do!

Also...Caldwell knows he can't win against the SPARK...

Can't take on both of them, silly man.

Of course, Caldwell was schooled in the Spark early on, wasn't he?

Click below the tag for a slight snark!twisted recap of the Intruder confrontation scene.

Spoiler:

Oh yeah, we're replacing Sheppard, his rank's not high enough.

Oh, really, you want to replace my boyfriend, huh? We'll see about that. Exactly who were you thinking to swap him out for?

Landry: Uh, I should think that would be obvious
                    Caldwell: If I try that stare thing hard enough, maybe she'll agree
                    Other generals: They're about to get pwned. Glad it's not me.

WHUT? This old dude? I don't think so!

Old? Old? Dude, I was HOT in the X-Files!

Uh, whatever, look! You want to try and take John Sheppard away from me you better be prepared to deal with a whole lotta hell from all the whumpers out there. As it stands on my end, though? No bunch of old guys in uniforms will EVER tell me what I can and can't play with on Atlantis, Capiche? Sheppard stays, or I'll sick the Sam/Jack shippers on you!

Damn, she plays hardball.

Sparky is a powerful thing.

That it is, and if I were you guys I would remember that for future reference. *hair flip* Bye bye.
                    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Eri, I love that!

and..........SQUEEEE!!!! as soon as my niece is done with her homework we're headed to the library...I have stuff waiting for me....perhaps the DVDs I've been waiting not-so-patiently for for over a month and a half! (I checked the date that I put in the request, it was Sept. 15th )
                      My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                      sigpic

Comment

Couple that with what he said to Elizabeth in Conversion about how close they were and he was definitely a Sparky shipper. I think the light way he treated it showed that he suspected but really didn't care.
                        Heee, I think we need a list of they are SO DOING IT characters.

1. Caldwell
                        2. Kolya - because he was definitely aware of the deeper Sparky bond and always played that card, even in the unshown scene in John's mind, from S5 "Remnants"

In other news, tomorrow is the big day and I'm ready for it! And after that I'll be back to have fun with you guys!
                        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post

1. Caldwell
                          2. Kolya - because he was definitely aware of the deeper Sparky bond and always played that card, even in the unshown scene in John's mind, from S5 "Remnants"

In other news, tomorrow is the big day and I'm ready for it! And after that I'll be back to have fun with you guys!
                          3.Carter- For the scene at the end of Lifeline.

HAVE A NICE AND HAPPY DAY!!!!!! I'm so happy for you.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post

1. Caldwell

Yay! Congratulations! I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow! *hugs*

(I squeed too soon ....*fingers crossed that it's there on Saturday* I did however get the first two Alien movies and Farewell To Harry *swoon JF*)
                            My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                            sigpic

Comment

3.Carter- For the scene at the end of Lifeline.

HAVE A NICE AND HAPPY DAY!!!!!! I'm so happy for you.
                              Thank you!!! I'm so ready to have a great day and lots of fun!

So, we have:

1. Caldwell
                              2. Kolya
                              3. Carter

I'm adding Carson, because of a scene in "Conversion", where he asked Elizabeth to stay beside John and essentially, be the person who keeps him calm; his source of comfort.

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post

(I squeed too soon ....*fingers crossed that it's there on Saturday* I did however get the first two Alien movies and Farewell To Harry *swoon JF*)
                                Thank you!

Oh, I loved "Farewell to Harry" - it's JF movie, and one where he is simply adorable, but it's also a great movie. Loved it to pieces, and I'd like to use the scenes from it to make a Sparky vid, combining FTH scenes and assorted Sparky goodness. Now, if only I had some old Torri stuff too!

Comment

Working...
                                X