No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The about.com interview with JM is here. Technically he says "our team" not "John" but can't we assume John would have something to do with the rescue? The blog entry is a bit harder to find. Maybe someone else has it. At one point he gave a list of possible S6 episodes. It was after the end of S5. It sounds like they were hoping to get Torri back or they may have gone with Michelle. We'll never know. But either way it looks like they wanted to continue her story. Of course he can say anything now and considering how their plans change, it probably wouldn't have happened.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      I'm not sure about what information SR may be referring to, but both of the instances I mentioned came after the cancellation. In the "lost episodes" blog post, he was talking about how they plan to do each season; they've got a white board or something that they write in who's doing what episode, a little key phrase to sum up what the episode is about, that sort of thing. I forget the exact number at the moment, but I think he posted at least half a dozen story ideas. Of course, he also mentioned that some of them were joke ideas that kept popping up every year (though given that Binder does tend to do 'ghost stories' and Replicator stories a lot, I don't think he was kidding about that one). In the About.com interview, he was answering a question about Weir and what he might have liked to see happen with her storyline if they'd had a chance to continue it.

So yeah, it was after. As for what he might have been thinking, I've been wondering about that myself. Mallozzi did say in the About.com interview that they didn't know where the story was going to end up (confirming what Torri has said a few times about her impression that it seemed like there wasn't going to be a resolution). Maybe he was hoping that with a Season 6, they could revisit the idea and hammer out a proper ending that they could present to Torri to get her back on board. *shrugs*
      I read that About.com interview and remember being impressed he brought up Weir at all (same with the Remnants 'cut' line). The way he answered it was ambiguous, though--he could have been referring to if everything had worked out with Torri or not. At that point, it could all be smoke & mirrors--I mean, you could say anything you want after cancellation without answering the difficult questions (would you have tried to get her back, Joe?), right?

I don't know if it was to appease Weir fans or whatever. I'm tentative to trust any of that. The day he comes out and says 'maybe we might try and reach out to Torri for a movie appearance' is the day I'll go worship at the JM Blog. With a short fly-by thank you if he ever says 'maybe we shouldn't have gotten rid of Elizabeth'.
      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
        I read that About.com interview and remember being impressed he brought up Weir at all (same with the Remnants 'cut' line). The way he answered it was ambiguous, though--he could have been referring to if everything had worked out with Torri or not. At that point, it could all be smoke & mirrors--I mean, you could say anything you want after cancellation without answering the difficult questions (would you have tried to get her back, Joe?), right?

I don't know if it was to appease Weir fans or whatever. I'm tentative to trust any of that. The day he comes out and says 'maybe we might try and reach out to Torri for a movie appearance' is the day I'll go worship at the JM Blog. With a short fly-by thank you if he ever says 'maybe we shouldn't have gotten rid of Elizabeth'.
        Totally agree! Gracias senorita. It's exactly what I wanted to say.

If he wants to pursue her story, why he didn't include this in the movie? Even if I think there will be no movie.
        But like my mom said he has a "Tête à claques" (=a face to give a slap on. I don't know if there is an equivalent english expression.lol)
        sigpic
        Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

I doubt he was reaching out to Weir fans or anybody else. He's shown time and again that what we think doesn't count for much.

I also find it amusing that in the interview he says they hope to start shooting the movie in the summer. LOL Yeah yeah yeah, we know times are hard blahblahblah. But we're also tired of having high hopes. Personally I'm assuming it will never happen.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            The about.com interview with JM is here. Technically he says "our team" not "John" but can't we assume John would have something to do with the rescue?
            Oh, certainly. The question is, how much would TPTW have allowed him to do?

The blog entry is a bit harder to find. Maybe someone else has it. At one point he gave a list of possible S6 episodes. It was after the end of S5. It sounds like they were hoping to get Torri back or they may have gone with Michelle. We'll never know. But either way it looks like they wanted to continue her story. Of course he can say anything now and considering how their plans change, it probably wouldn't have happened.
            Yep, the blog entry I was referring to is that list of possible S6 episodes. And after a bit of digging, here it is! He did post a full slate of 20 episode ideas after all; no specific reference to the Weir storyline, though there's a couple of vague ideas (besides Binder's Replicator/ghost slot) that potentially could have been hooked into it.

I'm somewhat leery of his comments as well. On the one hand, yeah, it sounds interesting and on the surface gives us a bit of hope. On the other hand, we've gotten that kind of response from TPTW before and ended up being terribly disappointed. If they ever do admit they screwed up with Weir and manage to entice Torri back and give us a good resolution to the story that doesn't spit in all our faces, great. But I'm sure not holding my breath.

*goes back to working on Big Bang*
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
              Good morning sparkies. Probie(my homie) I remember hearing of this as well. I'm not sure if the source was his blog, an interview, or something else, but the "rescue Elizabeth" storyline was acknowledged as a S6 possibility.

emerald_day The best advise I can offer with grammar is a basic English composition book. I'm not trying to be snarky, I'm being serious. It's too long and hard to explain all the grammar rules over the internet.

Regularamanda I would be ok with a fic-a-thon, but my participation would be intermittent at best. Oh and I have a link for you.

Bribe

Next chapter will be delivered Friday if it's cool with you.
              EEEK!!! *loves so much* And friday is cool with me, I should be starting the vid within the next few days

Oh, certainly. The question is, how much would TPTW have allowed him to do?

*goes back to working on Big Bang*
              How many hours do you left Kitty?

I'll have to work out the minor details of the ficathon

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
              Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
              Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                How many hours do you left Kitty?
                The deadline is tomorrow; as long as it's September 29th somewhere in the world, I can still submit the fic. I'm at just under 39,000 words (the minimum word count required is 40,000), but I've still got a lot to do on the final third of the story.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

The deadline is tomorrow; as long as it's September 29th somewhere in the world, I can still submit the fic. I'm at just under 39,000 words (the minimum word count required is 40,000), but I've still got a lot to do on the final third of the story.
                  Ah!...doesn't sound like fun

And as punishment for giving me that straddling plot bunny here's something to distract you (muhwahaha!! ) drewandian It has S4 and S5 spoilers so don't click it

Spoiler:

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                  Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                  Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Good luck Kitty! I know you can do it.

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                    Ah!...doesn't sound like fun

And as punishment for giving me that straddling plot bunny here's something to distract you (muhwahaha!! ) drewandian It has S4 and S5 spoilers so don't click it
                    Oooo...angsty John. You notice how his "Eye" expression really does match all the other angsty moments?
                    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

regularamanda don't worry about the spoilery stuff...i don't mind it...i just like to see the pretties!
                      My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                      sigpic

Comment

I just watched "SOW" and "Quarantine" with mom and daddy. Ok daddy was with us during only 10min. I said to him that Elizabeth won't be in this episode and he said "Pff This show is stupid. She was the only thing interesting....for me" He also made some comments about Lorne. There was a little fight between mom and dad.lol
                        Mom likes "Quarantine". She has the same opinion about John that Eri13.
                        She also found SOW pretty good. Like the little interaction between "Lornyyyyyyyyyy" and "Big belly on legs". It's her who said that, not me.
                        sigpic
                        Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Sorry for the late reply I just got home form school.....

What kind of advice do you need? I'd be glad to answer any questions I can.
                          Well, I think I need some advice about how to write supernatural/fantasy genre. I know what my story is going to be about and I have planed it to be a chapter story not a one shot.

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                          Hi emerald_day! I can't help you, sorry.
                          I hope everything is fine for you.
                          Thanks, I hope so too

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

*waves hello to yunadax and emerald_day*
                          *emerald_day waves back*

Comment

Special treat for my sparkies...cuz I had fun with this.

It is sorta a spoiler for a fun scene in Testament, but I have so much editing to do with other parts of the story it might be a while before this is published. So you guys can have a snippet for being wonderful.

Spoiler:

<space>

Okay, well, I'll leave it at that *just a little bit ebil*
                            Squee! A little bit evil indeed! Heehee!

And I'm up for the ficathon idea. Double drabbles and prompts. Now that I can do.
                            Good luck on Big Bang SK!
                            sigpic
                            Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                              I just watched "SOW" and "Quarantine" with mom and daddy. Ok daddy was with us during only 10min. I said to him that Elizabeth won't be in this episode and he said "Pff This show is stupid. She was the only thing interesting....for me" He also made some comments about Lorne. There was a little fight between mom and dad.lol
                              Mom likes "Quarantine". She has the same opinion about John that Eri13.
                              She also found SOW pretty good. Like the little interaction between "Lornyyyyyyyyyy" and "Big belly on legs". It's her who said that, not me.
                              I can't wait to hear how your mom reacts to McKeller. LOL

Originally posted by emerald_day View Post
                              Sorry for the late reply I just got home form school.....

Well, I think I need some advice about how to write supernatural/fantasy genre. I know what my story is going to be about and I have planed it to be a chapter story not a one shot.

Thanks, I hope so too

*emerald_day waves back*
                              Okay, why don't you PM any specific questions to me and I'll try to answer. Writing supernatural/fantasy is no different than any other genre. If you have an idea, just write it the same as you would any other fic and the supernatural elements will come out. If you try to make it scary or whatever, it probably won't work as well. Think about Whispers. LOL
                              sigpic

Comment

Ladies and gentlemen, fellow Sparkies... I have just cracked 40,000 words! The good luck wishes are helping, so thank you!

And a special thank you to Regularamanda for that lovely angsty picspam! Eeee!

Comment

Working...
                                X