Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
    Good luck!
    Thanks, I'm gonna need it to get this thing finished by the end of Tuesday!

So I'm staring at Word and I have a semi-started angsty story from a few weeks ago , and then I have that 'Liz straddles John...and they get caught' plot bunny (*squints eyes accusingly at Kitty*) and I can't decide which one to write *face palm*

This is all your guys fault

LOL! Ah, but what a lovely dilemma to be faced with!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

:: runs in.. wavies to her fellow long lost Sparkies.. and runs out ::

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Thanks, I'm gonna need it to get this thing finished by the end of Tuesday!

LOL! Ah, but what a lovely dilemma to be faced with!
        *sends chocolate* And supposedly it has caffeine

Very very true! But I'm *so* going to have to write that straddling one

Oh question guys, has there ever been a fic-a-ton done in here? If you guys haven't that could be really super fun since a lot of us write Sparky. (Really quick idea is that for say two weeks you PM me plot bunnies like 'dancing' or anything that could inspire a fic, it could be really long or really short, and then after those two weeks I'd post all those plot bunnies together and you'd have two weeks to make the fics and PM them to me and then on that date I post them in a huge post) and then we'd have lots of wonderful Sparky fics

What do you guys think?

*waves at yunadax*

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
        Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
        Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Oh question guys, has there ever been a fic-a-ton done in here? If you guys haven't that could be really super fun since a lot of us write Sparky. (Really quick idea is that for say two weeks you PM me plot bunnies like 'dancing' or anything that could inspire a fic, it could be really long or really short, and then after those two weeks I'd post all those plot bunnies together and you'd have two weeks to make the fics and PM them to me and then on that date I post them in a huge post) and then we'd have lots of wonderful Sparky fics

What do you guys think?

*waves at yunadax*
          I love this idea. Especially because my role will be limited to read your stories. I can't write fanfics. When we start?lol
          I like living in France. Due to a strike that prevents us from work (well of course I lost my job 2 weeks ago so it doesn't change nothing for me lol), my friends and I are going to spend our afternoon watching Firefly.
          Yesterday, we had a debate. Does our sci fi nights will be spent on BSG or Stargate after Firefly? A big dilemma. I keep telling my life. I'm boring.lol

And because it's a Sparky thread: It's official. Mom hates mister Mallozzi.
          I tell her about the cut scene for Remnants. She was angry.lol
          Now I will stop all the blablabla.
          sigpic
          Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

*emerald_day dops in* hey everybody, how have you all been, school is crazy right now I´m drowning in homework, that´s is the main reason why I havent been abel to be online much. It´s allways good to come back and feel the sparky love and get my much needed sparky dose .
            Anyway I was hoping if somebody could be so kind to help me I would love to get some advise. I have had this story in my head for a long time (btw I don´t have much experians in wrighting sparky, I have only written 1 one-shot named It must have been the mistletoe).) So this would be my secound story, it allways takes me a long time to get ideas. The genres of my story is supernatural/fantasy/romance and I have never written supernatural/fantasy genre before so I was hoping if someone could give me some advise, I would be most thankful for the help.

P.S sorry for any grammer mistakes.....

hugs emerald_day

Comment

Originally posted by yunadax View Post
              :: runs in.. wavies to her fellow long lost Sparkies.. and runs out ::
              Hey, we've missed you. Come back!

What do you guys think?

*waves at yunadax*
              We've done little mini ficathons but nothing huge. I like the idea but instead of one big post, I'd say we should do lots of shorter posts. It's easier to read that way if you don't have a lot of time.

Originally posted by Probie View Post
              I love this idea. Especially because my role will be limited to read your stories. I can't write fanfics. When we start?lol
              I like living in France. Due to a strike that prevents us from work (well of course I lost my job 2 weeks ago so it doesn't change nothing for me lol), my friends and I are going to spend our afternoon watching Firefly.
              Yesterday, we had a debate. Does our sci fi nights will be spent on BSG or Stargate after Firefly? A big dilemma. I keep telling my life. I'm boring.lol

And because it's a Sparky thread: It's official. Mom hates mister Mallozzi.
              I tell her about the cut scene for Remnants. She was angry.lol
              Now I will stop all the blablabla.
              There's plenty of reason to hate Mallozzi but remember he thought of the scene in the first place and he also said an idea for S6 was to have John go and rescue Elizabeth. That could either make your mom even angrier or make her hate him a little less.

Originally posted by emerald_day View Post
              *emerald_day dops in* hey everybody, how have you all been, school is crazy right now I´m drowning in homework, that´s is the main reason why I havent been abel to be online much. It´s allways good to come back and feel the sparky love and get my much needed sparky dose .
              Anyway I was hoping if somebody could be so kind to help me I would love to get some advise. I have had this story in my head for a long time (btw I don´t have much experians in wrighting sparky, I have only written 1 one-shot named It must have been the mistletoe).) So this would be my secound story, it allways takes me a long time to get ideas. The genres of my story is supernatural/fantasy/romance and I have never written supernatural/fantasy genre before so I was hoping if someone could give me some advise, I would be most thankful for the help.

hugs emerald_day
              What kind of advice do you need? I'd be glad to answer any questions I can.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by emerald_day View Post

hugs emerald_day
                Hi emerald_day! I can't help you, sorry.
                I hope everything is fine for you.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                Hey, we've missed you. Come back!

We've done little mini ficathons but nothing huge. I like the idea but instead of one big post, I'd say we should do lots of shorter posts. It's easier to read that way if you don't have a lot of time.

There's plenty of reason to hate Mallozzi but remember he thought of the scene in the first place and he also said an idea for S6 was to have John go and rescue Elizabeth. That could either make your mom even angrier or make her hate him a little less.

What kind of advice do you need? I'd be glad to answer any questions I can.
                WHAT? WHERE? WHEN?
                Ok now it's me. I AM ANGRY! When he said this? Why he doesn't use this idea for the movie? Can I hate him now? ahhhhhhhhh

Now I just discovered that I can read American DVDs.lol I have a question for you, american people.lol Is there french subtitle for the comments for the season 1 and also for the episodes?
                sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

*waves hello to yunadax and emerald_day*

Regularamanda: A ficathon sounds like fun. I'd have to agree with SR that shorter fics might be easier to read given the message board layout. Hmm... maybe do drabbles or double drabbles?

As for whether or not I'll participate, we'll see if I'm not burned out by the end of Big Bang.

WHAT? WHERE? WHEN?
                  Ok now it's me. I AM ANGRY! When he said this? Why he doesn't use this idea for the movie? Can I hate him now? ahhhhhhhhh
                  I'm kinda curious about that myself. I mean, I know about his blog post on the "lost episodes" of Season 6 outlining some of the slots that had been reserved and that one was for Carl Binder and a "ghost story or a Replicator story" (but no further details), and then there was that interview on About.com a while back where he briefly repeated some of the stuff he said before about where the storyline might have gone, with both Atlantis and the Replicators searching for Weir. But nothing about how Sheppard would be involved. Oh well, I must've missed something along the way.

Now I just discovered that I can read American DVDs.lol I have a question for you, american people.lol Is there french subtitle for the comments for the season 1 and also for the episodes?
                  Heh. I don't think I've ever paid attention to the subtitles on the DVDs. I know the episodes are supposed to be subtitled in French, but I'm not sure if the special features are.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Regularamanda: A ficathon sounds like fun. I'd have to agree with SR that shorter fics might be easier to read given the message board layout. Hmm... maybe do drabbles or double drabbles?

As for whether or not I'll participate, we'll see if I'm not burned out by the end of Big Bang.

I'm kinda curious about that myself. I mean, I know about his blog post on the "lost episodes" of Season 6 outlining some of the slots that had been reserved and that one was for Carl Binder and a "ghost story or a Replicator story" (but no further details), and then there was that interview on About.com a while back where he briefly repeated some of the stuff he said before about where the storyline might have gone, with both Atlantis and the Replicators searching for Weir. But nothing about how Sheppard would be involved. Oh well, I must've missed something along the way.

Heh. I don't think I've ever paid attention to the subtitles on the DVDs. I know the episodes are supposed to be subtitled in French, but I'm not sure if the special features are.
                    I will not be original. What? When? Where? lol
                    I live in another galaxy because I never heard this.lol

Is it possible that you would check, please? Or someone else, please.
                    If there are french subtitle for the comments (and episodes of course), I will sell my season 1 (which has no comments in French) and buy the US season 1. It's complicated, I know.lol
                    sigpic

Comment

Good morning sparkies. Probie(my homie) I remember hearing of this as well. I'm not sure if the source was his blog, an interview, or something else, but the "rescue Elizabeth" storyline was acknowledged as a S6 possibility.

emerald_day The best advise I can offer with grammar is a basic English composition book. I'm not trying to be snarky, I'm being serious. It's too long and hard to explain all the grammar rules over the internet.

Regularamanda I would be ok with a fic-a-thon, but my participation would be intermittent at best. Oh and I have a link for you.

Bribe

Next chapter will be delivered Friday if it's cool with you.
                      "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

I'd be good for drabbles or ficlets (maybe more ficlets, trying to limit myself is almost as bad as trying to write a mega story).

Maybe SR can clarify, though I'm also curious as to whether he mentioned all these 'lost episodes' before or after the whole business with Torri. If it was before the GITM decision, then I say screw it, that was him talking out of the side of his mouth before knowing how business would go.

If it was after, what was he thinking? They could get her to agree to come back?

Can you clarify that for me?
                        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Special treat for my sparkies...cuz I had fun with this.

It is sorta a spoiler for a fun scene in Testament, but I have so much editing to do with other parts of the story it might be a while before this is published. So you guys can have a snippet for being wonderful.

Spoiler:

The lead figure was stalking towards her, head bent. She took another step back as a wind blew down, through the field, ruffling the grass and whipping around the man approaching her. The breeze ruffled up his jet-black hair, which glimmered for a moment in the sunshine and managed to maintain an unkempt appearance, even when the wind had died down.

A distant memory of a conversation on the balcony, what seemed like ages ago.

I never could get it to behave. Stopped trying. Even the Air Force had to accept it, though believe me they tried everything short of shellacking.

A tremor ran through her.

He hadn’t stopped walking towards her and as he drew near everything came into brighter focus—the black BDU’s, the tactical vest strapped to his chest, the P-90 clutched close to face level. The slow, methodical approach he and all the men took, drilled into them through hours of training sessions, some of which she’d overseen.

Her eyes were suddenly burning, her vision blurring until he became an indistinct mess of colors. She blinked the tears away hurriedly, not wanting to lose sight of him and stepped forward into the meadow, taking one step, and then another, and then another, until her legs carried her forward at a full run, ignoring the stabbing pains course through her middle.

He paused as she approached him, eyes narrowing for a moment as he shouted out an indistinct warning. Her better senses told her to stop; that he’d only need a moment to recognize her, but she was afraid of what would happen if she did. This was too close to everything she’d been wishing for days; too much like the dreams she had in the cold confines of this frozen world night after night. Stopping might mean an end to all the hope she had left.

The tense expression faded as she drew closer, his eyes widening, mouth dropping open ever so slightly. Something escaped his lips that resembled her name but all she could focus on was how close he was and how real he seemed.

He seemed to recognize it too, because, for the first time since she’d known him, Lieutenant Colonel John Sheppard dropped his guard and his gun, rising out of his defensive posture to move forward, reaching out as she drew near him. Elizabeth stumbled the last few feet, falling into him and nearly knocking him over, ignoring the blinding pain that shot through her body as he wrapped his arms around her.

Okay, well, I'll leave it at that *just a little bit ebil*
                          Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

I'd be in if we did a ficathon kinda thing...as long as someone is willing to help me a little...i'm still getting to know the characters and will need someone to make sure I keep them in character (I'm kinda anal about that actually....)
                            My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                              Maybe SR can clarify, though I'm also curious as to whether he mentioned all these 'lost episodes' before or after the whole business with Torri. If it was before the GITM decision, then I say screw it, that was him talking out of the side of his mouth before knowing how business would go.

If it was after, what was he thinking? They could get her to agree to come back?

Can you clarify that for me?
                              I'm not sure about what information SR may be referring to, but both of the instances I mentioned came after the cancellation. In the "lost episodes" blog post, he was talking about how they plan to do each season; they've got a white board or something that they write in who's doing what episode, a little key phrase to sum up what the episode is about, that sort of thing. I forget the exact number at the moment, but I think he posted at least half a dozen story ideas. Of course, he also mentioned that some of them were joke ideas that kept popping up every year (though given that Binder does tend to do 'ghost stories' and Replicator stories a lot, I don't think he was kidding about that one). In the About.com interview, he was answering a question about Weir and what he might have liked to see happen with her storyline if they'd had a chance to continue it.

So yeah, it was after. As for what he might have been thinking, I've been wondering about that myself. Mallozzi did say in the About.com interview that they didn't know where the story was going to end up (confirming what Torri has said a few times about her impression that it seemed like there wasn't going to be a resolution). Maybe he was hoping that with a Season 6, they could revisit the idea and hammer out a proper ending that they could present to Torri to get her back on board. *shrugs*

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                                Special treat for my sparkies...cuz I had fun with this.

It is sorta a spoiler for a fun scene in Testament, but I have so much editing to do with other parts of the story it might be a while before this is published. So you guys can have a snippet for being wonderful.

Spoiler:

The lead figure was stalking towards her, head bent. She took another step back as a wind blew down, through the field, ruffling the grass and whipping around the man approaching her. The breeze ruffled up his jet-black hair, which glimmered for a moment in the sunshine and managed to maintain an unkempt appearance, even when the wind had died down.

A distant memory of a conversation on the balcony, what seemed like ages ago.

I never could get it to behave. Stopped trying. Even the Air Force had to accept it, though believe me they tried everything short of shellacking.

A tremor ran through her.

He hadn’t stopped walking towards her and as he drew near everything came into brighter focus—the black BDU’s, the tactical vest strapped to his chest, the P-90 clutched close to face level. The slow, methodical approach he and all the men took, drilled into them through hours of training sessions, some of which she’d overseen.

Her eyes were suddenly burning, her vision blurring until he became an indistinct mess of colors. She blinked the tears away hurriedly, not wanting to lose sight of him and stepped forward into the meadow, taking one step, and then another, and then another, until her legs carried her forward at a full run, ignoring the stabbing pains course through her middle.

He paused as she approached him, eyes narrowing for a moment as he shouted out an indistinct warning. Her better senses told her to stop; that he’d only need a moment to recognize her, but she was afraid of what would happen if she did. This was too close to everything she’d been wishing for days; too much like the dreams she had in the cold confines of this frozen world night after night. Stopping might mean an end to all the hope she had left.

The tense expression faded as she drew closer, his eyes widening, mouth dropping open ever so slightly. Something escaped his lips that resembled her name but all she could focus on was how close he was and how real he seemed.

He seemed to recognize it too, because, for the first time since she’d known him, Lieutenant Colonel John Sheppard dropped his guard and his gun, rising out of his defensive posture to move forward, reaching out as she drew near him. Elizabeth stumbled the last few feet, falling into him and nearly knocking him over, ignoring the blinding pain that shot through her body as he wrapped his arms around her.

Okay, well, I'll leave it at that *just a little bit ebil*
                                *flails* Aaaaaahhhhh!!!!
                                Spoiler:
                                They're finally together again! Poor, poor Lizzie, now she's safe and warm and snuggled in John's arms again. *sighs and squees*

Comment

Working...
                                X