Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Eri, you are a genius. A comedy genius. Why have we not known this before now? What's next? No pressure though.
    Originally posted by Probie View Post
    If SR doesn't want to put pressure on you Eri, can I do this?lol
    I love Snark! But...when do you ever get the chance to write it? *LOL*

Mmmm...I could probably do one more over the weekend, though I still have the Lifeline recap to do. How about a gen episode rather than an angsty one? Suggestions?
    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

I know. I don't get it either. Sometimes he sees the Sparky as much as I do and then when it's most obvious to me he just sees friendship. Though I must admit on second viewing he is much better. In the old days he always said he saw more of a connection between John and Rodney than he did between John and either of the women. So progress. LOL

I think for men sometimes it has to be an anvil.
      Hey, at least he is seeing it without really needing any prompting! Smart man.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
      That's funny. He notices things I'd never have taken as shippy and then one of the shippiest episodes he doesn't notice as shippy. But maybe that's a guy perspective.

TRW, for me, was much more about Elizabeth's feelings--though we have John by her side at all times and jumping into quarantine to save her, that's the self-sacrificing part of John we all know pretty well. But with TRW, I'm always impressed by the fact that the only person Elizabeth notices is John. No one else breaks into her dream world except him, and if it weren't for him being there, she may not have come out of it. That to me speaks worlds about how strongly she feels about him.
      The power of love overcoming all... Aww, doesn't that just make you feel warm and fuzzy inside?

For all that TPTW claimed that there was nothing between John and Elizabeth, they sure do a great job at laying out the evidence that there is something there. I mean, why else would it be John that finds that back door into Elizabeth's mind. And why else would it be Elizabeth that John goes in to save?

Yeah, men are a mystery sometimes.

And in TRW in the first encounter with Jack it's when he says "we need you" and leaves that she sees the door for the first time. Do you suppose she is really hearing John say "we need you"? We do not hear him use those words in his little speech.

And the nanites from that point on set out to make her afraid of the shadowy figure. They can't stop her from seeing him which tells me that the connection is just too strong. So all they can do is try to marginalize him. And my husband pointed something interesting out. She was not really being drugged but they were making her think she was drugged and she was acting in a way she would expect to act under sedation. But all the drugs couldn't stop John from getting through. I added that last part.
      I think she really did hear him. After all, judging from the scene in which John and Elizabeth come face to face at Stargate Command, it sure looks as though they're now sharing the experience, instead of Elizabeth just seeing "visions" of John.

I'm telling you, it's John's ATA gene kicking nanite ass. It's gotta be.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

AHAHAHAH! Eri, you've done it again! BIS, SparkySnark-style, was hilarious!

Love how Old Weir kept nodding off and was even snarkier than Young Weir.

I love Snark! But...when do you ever get the chance to write it? *LOL*

Mmmm...I could probably do one more over the weekend, though I still have the Lifeline recap to do. How about a gen episode rather than an angsty one? Suggestions?
        Hmm, a pleasant gen episode? I'm not sure there is such a thing... there's always a little Sparky in every episode. What about Grace Under Pressure?
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          AHAHAHAH! Eri, you've done it again! BIS, SparkySnark-style, was hilarious!

Love how Old Weir kept nodding off and was even snarkier than Young Weir.

Hmm, a pleasant gen episode? I'm not sure there is such a thing... there's always a little Sparky in every episode. What about Grace Under Pressure?
          Oooo, that's a good one! I'd like to do that for fun. I see how much time I have this weekend.
          Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Oooo, that's a good one! I'd like to do that for fun. I see how much time I have this weekend.
            Yay!

I figure between McKay in Mortal Peril, the Whale of Doom (eat yer heart out, Moby Dick!), real Sparkage (chocolate & peanut butter, yum!) and lots of Zelenka love, it's a good episode to snark.

Comment

Whoo! For all you Kolya-induced Sparky angst fans, SyFy is rerunning Common Ground today! Right now!

Comment

Eri: dig the snark recaps. I think the laughter cracked a few ribs I think "Grace Under Pressure" would be good. May I suggest "Sanctuary" also? I can only the imagine the "space-girl-kirkette-of-the-week" snark And only because of special request:

Spoiler:
                Preview piece: The Best of Times

John Sheppard stood on the balcony outside of Elizabeth’s office looking into the night sky. The twinkle of the stars and soft glow from the moon reflecting over the ocean brought a feeling of tranquility. John let his mind drift to Ferris Wheels and college football. He heard footsteps approaching and knew immediately who was joining him.

“Off in the wild blue yonder I see,” Elizabeth Weir joined John on the balcony.

“Yeah, something like that,” John replied offering a small smile.

“I never thought I would see this place again,” Elizabeth took a deep breath letting the smell of the ocean ease her mind.

“I thought I would never see you again,” John could not stop the seriousness in his voice.

“Oberoth and the Asurans made me do some terrible things,” Elizabeth looked over the balcony to hide her shame.

“Hey, you can’t be held responsible. You fought back and won. You’re here now and that’s all I care about,” John placed a comforting hand on Elizabeth’s shoulder.

“All the people I hurt and the destruction I caused. I even tortured my friends. Rodney can’t even look at me without that scared puppy face,” Elizabeth clasped John’s hand to help fight back tears.

“Ronon and Teyla, they understand. And the ‘scared puppy face’ is kind of... funny,” John hoped his small joke would lighten the mood.

“It is cute,” Elizabeth appreciated John’s trying to cheer her up and smiled.

“I never thought I would ever hear a beautiful woman call McKay cute,” John mused.

“Thanks,” Elizabeth released John’s hand.

“Yeah anytime,” John answered.

“John, I’m actually pretty scared,” Elizabeth became serious again.

“Of what?” John asked.

“Where do I go from here? I doubt the IOA will let me stay. And I have no idea what I will do back on Earth,” Elizabeth pondered out loud.

“You never know. Woolsey isn’t really that bad of a guy. Kind of uptight, but he still has a sense of honor and loyalty,” John replied.

“Good thing you didn’t smack him the head then,” Elizabeth teased.

“Yeah, I guess you’re right,” John laughed recalling when he first met Woolsey.

“Honestly I don’t want to be in charge here anymore. I’m surprised I didn’t lose all my hair over that job,” Elizabeth adjusted herself so she had a leg on the lower railing.

“Does that mean you don’t want to stay?” John’s face contorted into a look of hurt.

“No, I want to stay. Maybe lead a team to negotiate trade and diplomatic relations,” Elizabeth suggested.

“Oh,” John looked down embarrassed.

“What?” Elizabeth tilted her head and smiled.

“It’s just... I thought you were gonna leave me again,” John shrugged.

“Leave you?” Elizabeth questioned.

“Well, I mean the city,” John thought he could feel himself blushing.

“John,” Elizabeth put her hand on his cheek, “I’ll be here waiting.”

“What?”

“I’ll be here on our balcony. Just come here and you’ll find me.”

“Really?”

“I promise.”

John and Elizabeth exchanged smiles and returned to admiring the night sky. They both felt at ease knowing they would have each to lean on. Neither John nor Elizabeth cared about the future. Both were content to share the moment. Elizabeth let her hand slip into John’s. John simply gave Elizabeth’s hand a gentle squeeze of reassurance.

“I better get to bed,” Elizabeth broke the hand hold.

“Wait,” John captured her hand again.

“Yes,” Elizabeth titled her head and smiled.

“Stay a bit longer, please,” John tried not to sound like he was begging.

“Sure,” Elizabeth rejoined John on the balcony.

“These are the best of times,” John spoke but kept his gaze over the ocean.

“Why?” Elizabeth asked.

“I’m alone with you,” John turned his eyes to Elizabeth.

As their eyes met, John and Elizabeth were no longer sure they could read each other. Support, trust, and caring were still in their eyes, but John and Elizabeth saw something else mix into their moment. John and Elizabeth finally realized what this new feeling was and they wondered whether it was new or always there. Still searching, John and Elizabeth felt their bodies coming closer.

“The best of times,” Elizabeth repeated as she could feel John’s hands run through her hair and finally their lips met.

That was a little preview of something I've been thinking of doing. I still think it *Beep*ing *Beeps*. I had to deactivate the Y-chromosome, but don't worry; I have lots of explosions and guns to compensate.
                "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
                  Eri: dig the snark recaps. I think the laughter cracked a few ribs I think "Grace Under Pressure" would be good. May I suggest "Sanctuary" also? I can only the imagine the "space-girl-kirkette-of-the-week" snark And only because of special request:

Spoiler:

John Sheppard stood on the balcony outside of Elizabeth’s office looking into the night sky. The twinkle of the stars and soft glow from the moon reflecting over the ocean brought a feeling of tranquility. John let his mind drift to Ferris Wheels and college football. He heard footsteps approaching and knew immediately who was joining him.

“I never thought I would see this place again,” Elizabeth took a deep breath letting the smell of the ocean ease her mind.

“I thought I would never see you again,” John could not stop the seriousness in his voice.

“Oberoth and the Asurans made me do some terrible things,” Elizabeth looked over the balcony to hide her shame.

“Hey, you can’t be held responsible. You fought back and won. You’re here now and that’s all I care about,” John placed a comforting hand on Elizabeth’s shoulder.

“All the people I hurt and the destruction I caused. I even tortured my friends. Rodney can’t even look at me without that scared puppy face,” Elizabeth clasped John’s hand to help fight back tears.

“Ronon and Teyla, they understand. And the ‘scared puppy face’ is kind of... funny,” John hoped his small joke would lighten the mood.

“I never thought I would ever hear a beautiful woman call McKay cute,” John mused.

“Of what?” John asked.

“Where do I go from here? I doubt the IOA will let me stay. And I have no idea what I will do back on Earth,” Elizabeth pondered out loud.

“You never know. Woolsey isn’t really that bad of a guy. Kind of uptight, but he still has a sense of honor and loyalty,” John replied.

“Honestly I don’t want to be in charge here anymore. I’m surprised I didn’t lose all my hair over that job,” Elizabeth adjusted herself so she had a leg on the lower railing.

“Does that mean you don’t want to stay?” John’s face contorted into a look of hurt.

“No, I want to stay. Maybe lead a team to negotiate trade and diplomatic relations,” Elizabeth suggested.

“What?”

“Really?”

“I promise.”

John and Elizabeth exchanged smiles and returned to admiring the night sky. They both felt at ease knowing they would have each to lean on. Neither John nor Elizabeth cared about the future. Both were content to share the moment. Elizabeth let her hand slip into John’s. John simply gave Elizabeth’s hand a gentle squeeze of reassurance.

“Why?” Elizabeth asked.

As their eyes met, John and Elizabeth were no longer sure they could read each other. Support, trust, and caring were still in their eyes, but John and Elizabeth saw something else mix into their moment. John and Elizabeth finally realized what this new feeling was and they wondered whether it was new or always there. Still searching, John and Elizabeth felt their bodies coming closer.

“The best of times,” Elizabeth repeated as she could feel John’s hands run through her hair and finally their lips met.

That was a little preview of something I've been thinking of doing. I still think it *Beep*ing *Beeps*. I had to deactivate the Y-chromosome, but don't worry; I have lots of explosions and guns to compensate.
                  SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

And it so does NOT *beep*ing *beep*. It's sweet and happy and just a little hot. Love it!

And hey, some of us chicks like explosions and guns, too.

Comment

Forgive me for not discussing TRW--work calls--but as a peace offering I present the Nutshell Snark version of Before I Sleep, in two parts.

This one was harder than Lifeline because I was enjoying the episode so much it was hard to find stuff to snark about. So much of the snark was me digging deep. It is all in jest and fun. Enjoy.

Spoiler:
                    <space>
                    BIS Nutshell Sparky Snark, Part II

Spoiler:

[I]
                    <space>
                    Bwahaha! *giggles some more* Eri, these are fantastic! Loved the whole "platonic" thing.
                    Can't wait for Grace Under Pressure!

Spoiler:
                    <space>

Yay! That was sweet!
                    sigpic
                    Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Spoiler:

“Of what?” John asked.

“What?”

“Really?”

“I promise.”

“Why?” Elizabeth asked.

Is sweet the ultimate insult for a guy? But that's what it is. And I love explosions too. Now you'll have to watch some football to get some of the testosterone back.

Common Ground was great as always. The hubby report is pretty boring today. I've noticed that he laughs out loud at all John's snarky lines. I think they are a bit alike. LOL And he did say that Elizabeth did the right thing. And John should have killed Kolya the last time they met.

As for me, I loved the difference in John's confidence that his friends would rescue him here as opposed to his doubt and depression in Sanctuary. Even in a dark cell and being fed on by a wraith he could stay more positive than living comfortably with a reasonably hot hippie chick as long as he knew Elizabeth wouldn't let him down.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Common Ground was great as always. The hubby report is pretty boring today. I've noticed that he laughs out loud at all John's snarky lines. I think they are a bit alike. LOL And he did say that Elizabeth did the right thing. And John should have killed Kolya the last time they met.
                        And the worst part is that when John eventually does get tokill Kolya, it totally sucks. Badly-played ripoff of High Noon with Lucius Lavin? *barfs*

As for me, I loved the difference in John's confidence that his friends would rescue him here as opposed to his doubt and depression in Sanctuary. Even in a dark cell and being fed on by a wraith he could stay more positive than living comfortably with a reasonably hot hippie chick as long as he knew Elizabeth wouldn't let him down.
                        Ugh, the Epiphany hippies! Everyone run for your lives! And hey, did anyone ever take note of the fact that they were all wearing the same range of colors (pinks and oranges), just like how the Ancients did (whites and browns)? Geeze, I guess being on the path of ascension means giving up a snappy wardrobe. No wonder John was bored with them. Well, that, and he wanted to get back to Lizzie!

Comment

Thought you guys might like to see these

^click

If you click the banner it will take you to my Live Journal and the 20 Elizabeth Weir icons I did for one of the communities on there, I managed to sneak in a tad bit of Sparky Feel free to snarch

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                          Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                          Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Spoiler:

“Of what?” John asked.

“What?”

“Really?”

“I promise.”

“Why?” Elizabeth asked.

*trying to find an adjective that doesn't sound too "girly"*
                            Heu...Great, man! *can't find better word*lol
                            And I love explosions and guns. If you can explode the "McKeller enemy" and all the nanites in one of your stories, I'm with you.

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post

^click

If you click the banner it will take you to my Live Journal and the 20 Elizabeth Weir icons I did for one of the communities on there, I managed to sneak in a tad bit of Sparky Feel free to snarch
                            Wow Excellent. My favorite is the natural one. She has a beautiful smile.
                            sigpic
                            Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

^click

Thanks. Those are lovely. She is so beautiful no matter what the circumstances.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

^click

Gorgeous! I left you a comment.
                                sigpic
                                Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Working...
                                X