No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I totally agree with you guys. I don't need declaration too.
    Thanks for your answers.
    When my mom will see Elizabeth floating in space, I think she will kill me (because I didn't say this to her) or she will look at me and say "It's the end...Seriously Is it the end?" or she will cry.lol
    I just realized that I have this episode on my Ipod. If she knows....lol
    I also have the first episode of SGU on my computer. Maybe if she sees it, she will forget Elizabeth and John.LOL
    sigpic
    Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

I'm with Eri....seeing them together (whether they're "together" together or not) would be enough for me. sometimes that's enough...knowing that it's there without being smacked in the face with it....but I'd definitely want her back with him....

more art...I'm a woman obsessed (feel free to snurch anything I post...I don't mind sharing)
      My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
      sigpic

Comment

I'll tell you what kind of ending I prefer - they're on the balcony with everyone else, and the people leave them alone, as on cue. After everyone is gone they can embrace each other, or even kiss - and this happens after john heroically saves Elizabeth, of course.

In other news, I'm watching SGU. Almost done. I like it.
        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Afternoon my fellow sparkies. Later than usual for me to be joining y'all, but I had a rough night last night. I probably shouldn't have drove myself home from the bar, stupid I know. Anyways, Y'all know my feelings on GITM. I don't consider that an ending at all, there's plenty of non-shippers who think we got *BEEPED* Probieyou should ask your dad which Elizabeth he likes better when he sees GiTM Drew breaking out the "West Side Story"...nice. If I have to play "Somewhere" ever again I'll go bonkers. The ending I would prefer is tough. It could be an ultra-angsty "Lizzie is hell bent on revenge" thing I've been tossing around for a bit, or I would like to see something like this:

(Balcony at night)
          Elizabeth, I... (Woobie face)
          I know John. Me too. (Eye sex)
          (They look out at the stars and moon together. Fade out.)

ETA: Mandy any luck finding "Fantasy" by Joan Jett? I suggested "Underneath it All" by No Doubt (not my first choice) or "Why Not Tonight" by Reba, since you like country and it's a real fun song.
          "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
            Afternoon my fellow sparkies. Later than usual for me to be joining y'all, but I had a rough night last night. I probably shouldn't have drove myself home from the bar, stupid I know. Anyways, Y'all know my feelings on GITM. I don't consider that an ending at all, there's plenty of non-shippers who think we got *BEEPED* Probieyou should ask your dad which Elizabeth he likes better when he sees GiTM Drew breaking out the "West Side Story"...nice. If I have to play "Somewhere" ever again I'll go bonkers. The ending I would prefer is tough. It could be an ultra-angsty "Lizzie is hell bent on revenge" thing I've been tossing around for a bit, or I would like to see something like this:

(Balcony at night)
            Elizabeth, I... (Woobie face)
            I know John. Me too. (Eye sex)
            (They look out at the stars and moon together. Fade out.)

ETA: Mandy any luck finding "Fantasy" by Joan Jett? I suggested "Underneath it All" by No Doubt (not my first choice) or "Why Not Tonight" by Reba, since you like country and it's a real fun song.
            I asked him because you want to know and he said "Torri. Definitely Torri. This woman is naturally sexy and elegant at the same time."
            Even if today he fell in love with Tricia Helfer.lol
            Mom was horrified. Not because he said this but because he saw a little moment of this episode and not her.lol
            sigpic
            Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
              I asked him because you want to know and he said "Torri. Definitely Torri. This woman is naturally sexy and elegant at the same time."
              Even if today he fell in love with Tricia Helfer.lol
              Mom was horrified. Not because he said this but because he saw a little moment of this episode and not her.lol
              Your pops and I share the same soul! That's the same reason I think Miss Torri make smy heart ting-a-ling like no other.
              "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                I've got one of those! You can get it by getting a free account on clintonio and uploading them on there, they've been going very slow though the past few weeks.
                hmm... I might have to check that out.

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                *squeals excitedly* I did it! I conquered GIMP and made my very first sparky sig! yay!

*backs out of thread calmly*
                So pretty!

New question.
                How would you have wanted to see Elizabeth and John at the end of the show?
                -Happy end: They're alive. They are together and happy.
                -Stupid end: Don't read this drew because it's a reference to an episode.
                Spoiler:
                Elizabeth is floating in space and John is alone or with his buddy Todd. lol

-Angst end: Elizabeth and John tell their feelings to each other but they still can't be together.
                -Sad end: Everybody dies.
                -Humor end: John and Elizabeth go to the office of the writers and kick them.

You don't have to choose one of them. It's just some stupid example.
                My mom wants a "happy ending". Poor her. She doesn't see the season 5.lol
                I prefer an "angst end". They know that they care for each other but they can't be together. Elizabeth is still a replicator so a threat and she's rejected or an other thing. I can't find a good idea.lol I'm not a fan of happy ending. Maybe for this that I like Joss Whedon. Never a happy end with him.lol
                *waves hand for happy ending* But I do like that humor one. It makes me want to go draw a cartoon of that scene.
                And no, Joss Whedon never does a happy ending. At least definitely where couples are concerned ('cept Simon and Kaylee). Love Joss Whedon though.

I'm with Eri....seeing them together (whether they're "together" together or not) would be enough for me. sometimes that's enough...knowing that it's there without being smacked in the face with it....but I'd definitely want her back with him....

more art...I'm a woman obsessed (feel free to snurch anything I post...I don't mind sharing)
                http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...ghtcourage.jpg
                That one's pretty too! Love the quote.
                And that reminds me too. I forgot to say it earlier but my sig is snurchable too, if anybody's interested.

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post
                i rekon this would be a good atlantis Sparky song XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkwAANfPpmg
                Love Muse.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                I'll tell you what kind of ending I prefer - they're on the balcony with everyone else, and the people leave them alone, as on cue. After everyone is gone they can embrace each other, or even kiss - and this happens after john heroically saves Elizabeth, of course.

You mean kinda like... this?
                Spoiler:

An old one I know, but still.
                sigpic
                Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Thanks Erin!
                  My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                  sigpic

Comment

A question: Do you think John would be a really overprotective dad or would he be the one that trusts their kids and takes the stance of 'okay, they're getting older and they should be allowed to start doing their own thing now' ?
                    sigpic
                    Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                      A question: Do you think John would be a really overprotective dad or would he be the one that trusts their kids and takes the stance of 'okay, they're getting older and they should be allowed to start doing their own thing now' ?
                      Keeping in mind that my knowledge is kinda limited right now, I think he'd be somewhere in the middle....(I'm thinking about Childhood's End)....I think he'd be the dad that wouldn't hesitate to jump in if he thought his kids were being treated unfairly....BUT I think that he'd also be the kind of dad who would want his kids to experience life and learn from those experiences. And I think that, without a doubt, he would be supportive, understanding and available to them, no matter how he felt about the decisions they made about their lives....

that's just my opinion though....
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                        Not overprotective with boys but yes with girls. And he would be very understanding, patient and supportive of Elizabeth's decisions. But I can see him giving all of them flying lessons.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good evening, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday! (at least, what's left of it, LOL!)

And where have I been all day? Disneyland. Hey, it's my birthday, I'm entitled to some fun!

I found it! The show was called Kidd Video and was a Saturday morning cartoon from 1984-1986....I remember watching it every Saturday morning!
                          Kidd Video Opening Credits

my search also led me to The Great Space Coaster....ah the memories!
                          Kidd Video! How could I forget that one?

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                          There's that motivational poster I was thinking of!

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                          Uh...that's sort of the fic I've been working on. When is angst day again?
                          Tomorrow.

New question.
                          How would you have wanted to see Elizabeth and John at the end of the show?
                          -Happy end: They're alive. They are together and happy.
                          -Stupid end: Don't read this drew because it's a reference to an episode.
                          Spoiler:
                          Elizabeth is floating in space and John is alone or with his buddy Todd. lol

-Angst end: Elizabeth and John tell their feelings to each other but they still can't be together.
                          -Sad end: Everybody dies.
                          -Humor end: John and Elizabeth go to the office of the writers and kick them.

You don't have to choose one of them. It's just some stupid example.
                          My mom wants a "happy ending". Poor her. She doesn't see the season 5.lol
                          I prefer an "angst end". They know that they care for each other but they can't be together. Elizabeth is still a replicator so a threat and she's rejected or an other thing. I can't find a good idea.lol I'm not a fan of happy ending. Maybe for this that I like Joss Whedon. Never a happy end with him.lol
                          The happy end or the sad end. Either way, they're together; they're together in life or together in death. Yeah, that's kinda morbid.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                          As far as I'm concerned we got an angsty ending with GitM. The number of non-shippers who agree is proof of that.

I would like for them to have found her, brought her back and given her a job in Atlantis other than leader. Then in the movie (ha) they could have gotten them together.
                          *snerks* Maybe even seeing them in bed together! It'd sure be a switch from a closet!

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                          I don't think anybody would really quibble with a 'happy ending' for a ship, but the question is whether it's realistic for the show. The way the characters were written, I don't think John and Elizabeth would suddenly have declared their love for each other and been all squishy happy on the balcony.

I agree with SR, I think we got angsty with GITM. I consider GITM to be very West Side Story, with John playing the role of Maria, especially after the rest of S5 and his being alone in EATG. *LOL* Honestly, our ship was one of the few with an 'open' ending at the end of the series. Everyone else had someone at the end of the series, except John--and Elizabeth is floating out there, capable of being rescued and remade organic, or her real body found, etc. The storyline isn't difficult to come up with and it doesn't require 'breaking up' couples or families. It's kinda 'one step away' though I have no faith we'll ever get that final step of 'getting Elizabeth back' other than in fanfiction.

As far as my own personal feelings, I would have been content with a mirror of the end of "Rising", though--so long as they were together, I wouldn't need declarations of love. Torri and Joe played John and Elizabeth as so comfortably compatible with each other throughout the series that I would have taken it as a sailed ship if we saw them talking about the future of Atlantis and still getting into trouble.
                          I also have to agree that we got the angsty end with GitM, and I love your comparison to West Side Story. *sighs* Of course, I also have no faith we'll ever see a true resolution other than through fanfic. *eyes Big Bang*

Originally posted by Anuna View Post

Maybe even after heroically bringing Lizzie back from a "hell bent on revenge" rampage ala pkprd869's idea.
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Happy birthday SK!
                            sigpic

Comment

*huggles drew* Thank you!

And I found a nice new smutty fic to rec for you!

Well of Illusions by 1of1. John has one of the best nights in his life, but one question remains; At which point did it became embarrassing?

Enjoy!
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                *huggles drew* Thank you!

And I found a nice new smutty fic to rec for you!

Well of Illusions by 1of1. John has one of the best nights in his life, but one question remains; At which point did it became embarrassing?

Enjoy!
                                *huggles SK back* you're welcome! I'm glad you had a good day!

Thanks! I do love me my smut!
                                I'm reading one of Anuna's angsty fics right now...and bawling my eyes out...I'll need the smut to cheer me up!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X