Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Ooh, believe it or not this Southern gal has been to Barcelona (or Barthelona as they say LOL) I loved it there. We spent 3 weeks there a few years ago and bravely rented a car and drove from Madrid down through the mountains and up to Barcelona. The city of Ronda will always remain our favorite. We stayed in the hotel right on the gorge. What a wonderful place. But Madrid scared me. The traffic. OMG! We found the Spanish people to be wonderfully patient and friendly. Though they eat way too late.
    I was too tired to go to Madrid. I'm really in love of Barcelona. I spent just one week. And yes they eat too late and too much.lol I took 3 kg when I was there. Did you cross the border and made a quick hello to Portuguese?

Ah Barcelona....

Eri13 Do you know Luis fonsi and his song "Nada para siempre"? I sang it during all my holiday with my Spanish friend.lol We have horrible voices.lol Luis fonsi wrote this song for his wife.
    Last edited by Probie; 17 September 2009, 09:59 AM.
    sigpic
    Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
      I was too tired to go to Madrid. I'm really in love of Barcelona. I spent just one week. And yes they eat too late and too much.lol I took 3 kg when I was there. Did you cross the border and made a quick hello to Portuguese?

Ah Barcelona....

Eri13 Do you know Luis fonsi and his song "Nada para siempre"? I sang it during all my holiday with my Spanish friend.lol We have horrible voices.lol Luis fonsi wrote this song for his wife.
      We were sorry we didn't get to Portugal but just couldn't work it in. Maybe someday.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Eri13: You are officially my best friend.lol You don't need to introduce Enrique or Chayanne or the others. Enrique is my childhood. My mom was in love of Julio and my sisters was crazy when you talked about Enrique. I spent my holiday in Portugal with the songs of Enrique.lol I think I can sing all the spansh songs of Enrique and Ricky Martin. Laura Pausini is italian and I'm not a fan of her. And I totally agree with you. Spanish guitar is so excellent. I try to learn a spanigh song with my guitar. Horrible.lol

For finish:
        "Si tu te vas te lleveras mi corazon y yo sin ti ya no se por donde ir.
        Si tu te vas nunca te podre olvidar" Oh yes Enrique...I don't forgive yoursongs.lol

I think there are great spanish songs for Sparky.
        Ha ha! That's funny! Enrique is my fave, I can sing quite a number of his songs from memory.

I like Nunca Te Olvidare...

Pueden pasar tres mil anos, Puedes besar otros labios, Pero nunca te olividare
        Pero nunca te olividare,

Como olvidar tu sonrisa, como olvidar tu mirada, como olvidar que resaba, para que no demarcharas,

Como olvidar tus locuras, como olvidar que volvas, como olvidar a te quiero, mas que a vivir, mas que a nada...

Ooh, believe it or not this Southern gal has been to Barcelona (or Barthelona as they say LOL) I loved it there. We spent 3 weeks there a few years ago and bravely rented a car and drove from Madrid down through the mountains and up to Barcelona. The city of Ronda will always remain our favorite. We stayed in the hotel right on the gorge. What a wonderful place. But Madrid scared me. The traffic. OMG! We found the Spanish people to be wonderfully patient and friendly. Though they eat way too late.
        Awesome! Now I totally need to go.

Ugh...the lisp. My Spanish teacher was from Madrid and she spoke with the 'th'. I picked it up in high school and I thought my Mom was going to kill me. She pronounces everything with the hard 's/z'. The first couple of times I spoke she was like 'stop TALKING like that!'

Ah Barcelona....

I do not know his music, but I have heard of him. But I shall download it since mi amiga Probie likes it.
        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
          Ha ha! That's funny! Enrique is my fave, I can sing quite a number of his songs from memory.

Pero nunca te olividare,

Como olvidar tu sonrisa, como olvidar tu mirada, como olvidar que resaba, para que no demarcharas,

Como olvidar tus locuras, como olvidar que volvas, como olvidar a te quiero, mas que a vivir, mas que a nada...

Ugh...the lisp. My Spanish teacher was from Madrid and she spoke with the 'th'. I picked it up in high school and I thought my Mom was going to kill me. She pronounces everything with the hard 's/z'. The first couple of times I spoke she was like 'stop TALKING like that!'

I do not know his music, but I have heard of him. But I shall download it since mi amiga Probie likes it.
          Yeah, the lisp took some getting used to. We had a tour guide at one of the palaces who also did it when she spoke English. But on the positive side, all the men sound like Antonio Banderas. But as long as we could say "dos cervezas por favor" or "vino tinto" we were good and we're still laughing about "sin gas" when ordering water.
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, the lisp took some getting used to. We had a tour guide at one of the palaces who also did it when she spoke English. But on the positive side, all the men sound like Antonio Banderas. But as long as we could say "dos cervezas por favor" or "vino tinto" we were good and we're still laughing about "sin gas" when ordering water.
            'Sin gas' is one of my favorites, too. So is what they told us to use when referring to a public restroom: 'Donde esta el WC?' I don't get how people understand that.

Sparkishness--I feel a little mischievous and I can do another Snarky nutshell recap later today--anyone wanna prompt me with an episode? I can't guarantee delivery today, but probably tomorrow.

Comment

'Sin gas' is one of my favorites, too. So is what they told us to use when referring to a public restroom: 'Donde esta el WC?' I don't get how people understand that.

Sparkishness--I feel a little mischievous and I can do another Snarky nutshell recap later today--anyone wanna prompt me with an episode? I can't guarantee delivery today, but probably tomorrow.
              Hmm? Let's just go way back and do Before I Sleep.
              sigpic

Comment

Sounds good! I'll probably have to rewatch it, but when is that a bad thing?

Comment

*huggles Probie* I'm so sorry to hear about that. Pass on those hugs to your friend.

Yeah, I've been torn on the Teyla/Ronon issue lately. I would have loved for that ship to go somewhere but sadly began to see the sibling relationship and now I have trouble imagining it. *thanks PTW*
                  *snickers* Yeah, I know what you mean. At this point, I'm comfortable with them either as friends or more.

But I love the idea of Keller being Carson's assistant. It would even work with Missing. When Teyla and Keller get to the settlement they find that all the Athosians were not taken. Kanaan is one of those still alive and he joins Teyla in searching for their people. He slowly gets developed as her love interest and we get to know him a bit. When Rachel goes on maternity leave we have Teyla being captured by Michael and Kanaan joins the team in her place to help in the search. Then when they find her Teyla has been turned into a hybrid. Lots of potential for angst and drama there. S5 begins with her rescue. She and Kanaan have a tearful reunion after Carson turns her back into herself. And sometime along the way we have John tell Kanaan that Teyla is like a sister to him. Voila! Lots of problems all tied up neatly.

Oh and Ronon/Keller can also work with this scenario. And of course Sparky gets even closer while working through all the drama. *takes a bow*
                  Oh, that's an awesome idea! Love Teyla getting turned into a hybrid, that's a clever parallel with her dreams from The Gift about being a Wraith, makes it kind of a 'worst nightmare come true' scenario for Teyla to deal with that would've given Rachel some really meaty material.

Just imagine Lizzie being all worried when John goes missing in The Last Man, too.

I'm with you on Teyla/Ronon. I really thought they had great chemistry in S2/S3, but it sorta dissolved into friendship for me, especially after the Kanaan twist. I really liked the story idea of Teyla falling for a longtime friend who is of her culture--I always thought more emphasis should have been placed on Teyla's love for her people. Kanaan fit. I just wish we could have gotten to know him better. Heck, I didn't even meet him.
                  Absolutely, and the Kanaan storyline would've been a great way to explore it. Damn, I wish they'd gone with something like SR's idea.

Ronon is a great friend, though, I loved him figuring out it was Kanaan and being excited about the baby. One thing I'm noticing more and more about Ronon is how emotionally unstinted he was. Tough and quiet, yes, and he wasn't a fluffy man who went around expressing his feelings to everyone who would listen, but he could handle emotion much better than any of the other expedition members save perhaps Teyla. How many more times did he hug people than anyone else? He was never awkward with it like John or Elizabeth.

In truth, Ronon was probably the most balanced character on Atlantis. *LOL*
                  *cracks up* Scary thought, huh?

Yes! Do it! Do it! And I'll second that vote for Before I Sleep, that's a good one.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Pero nunca te olividare,

Pueden pasar tres mil aos.Puedes besar otros labios pero nunca te olvidar,
                    pero nunca te olvidar.

Puedo morirme maana.Puede secarse mi alma pero nunca te olvidar,Pero nunca te olvidar....
                    Ok now I have to listen Enrique Iglesias.lol

Luis fonsi Nada para siempre

"Te quiero hoy, quiero abrirle al corazón una ventana .
                    Esto es amor y es tan grande que no cabe en mis palabras quiero amarte hoy, quiero amarte hoy por si no hay mañana"

Oh I like this language.

No problemo if you didn't get to Portugal. It's a great country too.
                    I see that we all used the same sentences.lol

Now I will watch "The Real World".

SK: Thanks SK. Tomorrow will be hard. I will see my friend. Now she's with her family.
                    sigpic

Comment

Pueden pasar tres mil aos.Puedes besar otros labios pero nunca te olvidar,
                      pero nunca te olvidar.

Puedo morirme maana.Puede secarse mi alma pero nunca te olvidar,Pero nunca te olvidar....
                      Ok now I have to listen Enrique Iglesias.lol

Luis fonsi Nada para siempre

"Te quiero hoy, quiero abrirle al corazón una ventana .
                      Esto es amor y es tan grande que no cabe en mis palabras quiero amarte hoy, quiero amarte hoy por si no hay mañana"

Oh I like this language.

No problemo if you didn't get to Portugal. It's a great country too.
                      I see that we all used the same sentences.lol

Now I will watch "The Real World".

SK: Thanks SK. Tomorrow will be hard. I will see my friend. Now she's with her family.
                      Just finished listening to Nue (by Lara Fabian) and LOVED it. Great album. I think my favorite is "Bambina" but I also enjoyed "Tu es mon Autre" and "Immortelle". I'd need to look up the lyrics to that one, but just based on the sound and the title I'm surprised the Twihards haven't jumped all over it.

Before I Sleep it is. A nice, rainy evening in Georgia means I will have my TV on and my laptop open.

Comment

Gee, all this talk about Spanish and Latin music has me wondering if there are any decent histori-fantasy novelas on Mexican TV right now. Used to watch them but fell off a couple of years ago when I went hardcore into SGA.

I wonder if Lizzie watches any of that stuff?
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          Gee, all this talk about Spanish and Latin music has me wondering if there are any decent histori-fantasy novelas on Mexican TV right now. Used to watch them but fell off a couple of years ago when I went hardcore into SGA.

AHHHHHHH! I was addicted to those! I loved Cosas del Amor, Por Tu Amor, Esmeralda, Amigas y Rivales, Sonadoras, El Privilegio del Amar and Camilla. I haven't watched any in a while, though--many of them sorta turned to a more 'modern' style and nothing's caught my fancy. I should, though, my Spanish was never better than when I watched them. And the news, cuz Dios Mio! Those anchors talk fast.

I can't imagine Elizabeth would get involved in fluff, but who knows? I wish we'd seen her do something sorta unexpected for a 'head of state'. She knew great literature and didn't know football or hockey at all, which is kinda disappointing. I'd have loved to see her kick loose and reveal she was a gamer or something oddball like that.

Oh, yeah, she didn't know WOW either, so scratch that...

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

I don't saw Elizabeth like a Tv person.

Just finished TRW.
                            I suprised myself. I "squee" a lot. Not very english but you understand me.lol
                            Torri is so excellent and beautiful in it. And the quarantine scene...wow.
                            I would love to know the story about Elizabeth's father.
                            And i noticed that. Maybe you already saw it. She has the same clothes here and here.

Goodnight everybody.
                            sigpic

Comment

I don't saw Elizabeth like a Tv person.

Just finished TRW.
                              I suprised myself. I "squee" a lot. Not very english but you understand me.lol
                              Torri is so excellent and beautiful in it. And the quarantine scene...wow.
                              I would love to know the story about Elizabeth's father.
                              And i noticed that. Maybe you already saw it. She has the same clothes here and here.

Goodnight everybody.
                              Hee! I'm watching SyFy's rerun of TRW right now... John's talking to her and she's starting to hear him. SQUEE!

Hmm, maybe they took those publicity photos of the cast around the time that they were filming that scene from TRW...

Comment

AHHHHHHH! I was addicted to those! I loved Cosas del Amor, Por Tu Amor, Esmeralda, Amigas y Rivales, Sonadoras, El Privilegio del Amar and Camilla. I haven't watched any in a while, though--many of them sorta turned to a more 'modern' style and nothing's caught my fancy. I should, though, my Spanish was never better than when I watched them. And the news, cuz Dios Mio! Those anchors talk fast.
                                Then there was the insanity of Alborada. What a circo that was! I managed to catch a bit of Amor Gitano a few months ago when Telefutura was rerunning it in the early morning. And I cheated sometimes and watched the ones on Telemundo with the English captions turned on. Gitanas and Los Plateados owned my soul!

I can't imagine Elizabeth would get involved in fluff, but who knows? I wish we'd seen her do something sorta unexpected for a 'head of state'. She knew great literature and didn't know football or hockey at all, which is kinda disappointing. I'd have loved to see her kick loose and reveal she was a gamer or something oddball like that.

Oh, yeah, she didn't know WOW either, so scratch that...
                                I know, the writers did leave her kinda bland on that score... maybe she's a theatre geek?

Comment

Working...
                                X