Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Probie View Post
    a new day, a new drawing (and not a report I know...lol)
    I get bored at my job so I tried to improve myself. Here is a drawing of Elizabeth. I hope it looks like her. I could not do it properly because my boss would have killed me if he saw me and I have to work a "little". So I take 50min to do this in a small paper. Well I am a bit ashamed because my lines are not straight. I'll try to rework it and put colors. But tell me if it looks like her or if I must abandon forever the drawing. lol

Spoiler:
    http://forum.gateworld.net/picture.php?albumid=1488&pictureid=16494

Let me your comments please.

I did a small drawing (just the head) of John and Sam and Elizabeth. I can't show you this because I laugh when I see what I did.lol
    Ooo, very nice! Don't abandon it forever! Looks just like her. And nice job on the hands.
    sigpic
    Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Vixen in Violet View Post
      Snipped a few things for length, sorry! Also, SouthernRed, do you know if I'm allowed to snag a couple of the banners on the save Elizabeth Weir website? I noticed your name there, but I didn't know if the stuff made their was for public use. I'd love to use one for my signature.
      I haven't been on that thread in a very long time, but the original purpose of the banners was for all our use. A lot of people had them when she first left so I'd say you're welcome to take one.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I get bored at my job so I tried to improve myself. Here is a drawing of Elizabeth. I hope it looks like her. I could not do it properly because my boss would have killed me if he saw me and I have to work a "little". So I take 50min to do this in a small paper. Well I am a bit ashamed because my lines are not straight. I'll try to rework it and put colors. But tell me if it looks like her or if I must abandon forever the drawing. lol

Spoiler:

I did a small drawing (just the head) of John and Sam and Elizabeth. I can't show you this because I laugh when I see what I did.lol
        That's lovely, Probie! It absolutely looks like our Lizzie!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Are you guys watching our post count?
        I am! *cackles*
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          That's lovely, Probie! It absolutely looks like our Lizzie!

I am! *cackles*
          Sparky is still going strong. I think we need a song.

You're Still the One
          sigpic

Comment

You're Still the One
            Ohhh yeah! Sparky is definitely still The One!

You know, I was watching "The Italian Job" (the remake from 2003) on FX last night and I was thinking we could add it to the list of movies that can be easily Sparkified. Or maybe it's just that I love watching the trio of Mini Coopers zooming through the Metro Rail tunnels under LA to steal the gold. (The heroine, played by Charlize Theron, was even driving the red Mini!)
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
              Hello folks. Well, I saw Houseboat for the first time yesterday. I don't know if it's a chick flick, but it has Carey Grant so I say no. The scene where Raquel Welch has pizza inspired this little diddy.

//snipped//
              I loved it!!
              It's so them, bickering over the best kind of Pizza (I go with John on this one, NY pizza is the best)
              And Ronon's comment at the end had me cheering
              Would love to read more though... like how do they react when they exit and their friends are gone? What do they do to convince each other that their choice of Pizza is the best? And do they hook up with their friends again or do they spend the rest of their off-time just among themselves?
              But I love it, so there is no real need for more

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
              I don't know who is 'directly' to blame for the decision to deep-six Elizabeth, but I think we can all pretty much agree that the Show Runners all had to have a hand in it, because decisions like that aren't 'fly-by-night'. I blame them all, even if some were 'nicer' towards Weir/Sparky/Shepard. In the end, no one came out and said "I didn't agree with letting Elizabeth go" and until someone does, I weigh their guilt equally.
              Very true. In this case it's guilty until proven innocent. And innocence is in this case a public apology towards Torri, the rest of the cast and the fans.

Welcome to JamesKirk6179! Enjoy your stay, and don't mind what Kris says about the mints, they're fine.
              No no, don't believe SK! Stay as far away from the mints as possible... trust me on that.

I wonder what other food-related rivalries John and Elizabeth might have... best hot dogs (Chicago vs. New York), best Philly cheese steak (Geno's vs. Pat's), best clam chowder (New England vs. Manhattan)... LOL!
              Maybe you could incorporate one in your BigBang?

I guess it's the 'watching a trainwreck' quality to reality TV that makes it popular with the uneducated masses that don't know any better. And yes, it's really, really irritating. There's nothing good to watch on TV anymore!
              Well... there's still NCIS... and Eureka... oh and don't forget about Heroes... and Lost... Torchwood and Dr. Who are pretty good too...
              Of course non have anything that's even remotely comparable to Sparky...

I really should ask some of my friends why they like reality... A colleague of mine is a huge reality fan apparently, so I should check with her. But I think I'll never get why people like it though.

It certainly makes me wonder. And wish that JoeF had staged a coup'd'etat and taken over the front office as showrunner himself. With everything he's said publicly about the whole mess, I can't help but think Seasons 4 and 5 would've been far better off with him in charge.
              Ooh, now that really makes you wonder... We'd know for sure that Torri and Paul never would have gotten axed... Maybe we would have seen some more action on the Sparky front... Kolya would have probably made his reappearance somehow without getting killed so stupidly... Prolly no McKeller... I think Joe would have kept the Rodney and Katie become parents idea, if only to give David the most difficult scenes with a baby
              Rachel's pregnancy would have been turned into Spanky
              Nah... any ideas what Joe would have done with Rachel's pregnancy?

Spoiler:
              http://forum.gateworld.net/picture.php?albumid=1488&pictureid=16494

That looks great and really alike.
              And please, show us that other drawing too...
              *puppy eyes*

Are you guys watching our post count?
              We're slowly inching closer, aren't we

Originally posted by Vixen in Violet View Post
              Ah, so since Brad and Rob never really left, I can still blame them for what happened with Sparky. And I never knew they were thinking of making Teyla as potential love interest for John. x_X IMHO, just kinda proves that they thought any woman John came into contact with would immediately fall for him and they could make a story around that. *cough* Larrin *cough* Sorry, these are just my not-very-in-depth ramblings...
              Oh yes, Teyla was pitched as John's love interest even before the show originally aired. That's why I started out as a Sheyla... I was expecting it, but just never saw it... The few forced scenes between them in "Rising" made me look at the screen in surprise and think: 'Is this supposed to be their big ship?'
              Just didn't see it... And then I fell onto Sparky and saw it right away
              Got hooked right away too

Sig by me

Comment

You're Still the One
                *kicks YouTube*
                "This video is not available in your country due to copyright restrictions."
                Are you frakking kidding me?!?

Sig by me

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday! Well, not that canon is exactly 'happy' for us right now, but you get the idea...

snip

I wonder what other food-related rivalries John and Elizabeth might have... best hot dogs (Chicago vs. New York), best Philly cheese steak (Geno's vs. Pat's), best clam chowder (New England vs. Manhattan)... LOL!

snip
                  This gave me an idea. Over at Command Dynamic I started a series called "The Great Debates." Pizza War is the first installment. Don't worry I cleaned it up nice and spiffy. I know I should do that for the tiny fics here too. The series is moderated, but the rules are easy. No "R" rated stuff, No sex, politics, or religion, and be funny. Have fun with it

Spoiler:

nice pic

You're Still the One
                  That was... nice. (I already used romantic once this week to fill my quota for that adverb.) My offer from a couple pages back still stands for anyone who wants to take me up on it.
                  "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

On TV shows, Burn Notice and Royal Pains are good too. And they have nice ships.

But no ship has ever captured my interest like Sparky. And never will again.

I also don't get the reality craze. I've never seen any of them, not even American Idol.
                    sigpic

Comment

On TV shows, Burn Notice and Royal Pains are good too. And they have nice ships.

But no ship has ever captured my interest like Sparky. And never will again.

I also don't get the reality craze. I've never seen any of them, not even American Idol.
                      LOVE BURN NOTICE. Michael Weston can spy on me any day, and I love Fiona. Royal Pains is a fun show.

I no longer ship, though. Have a policy against it unless the ship is just THAT good. Generally I'm a fan of characters or A character, and whatever works for that character I will support. I'm glad I look at things that way now, because shipping is a lot of unnecessary heartache for fictitious characters.

For example, another of my favorite shows, LOST, has a huge ship war right now. Thankfully I only like Sawyer, and not any 'ship' associated with him, so I'm good with whatever so long as it advances his character. I'm glad, because the shipper posts on entertainment sites are actually kinda scary...
                      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                        I loved it!!
                        It's so them, bickering over the best kind of Pizza (I go with John on this one, NY pizza is the best)
                        And Ronon's comment at the end had me cheering
                        Would love to read more though... like how do they react when they exit and their friends are gone? What do they do to convince each other that their choice of Pizza is the best? And do they hook up with their friends again or do they spend the rest of their off-time just among themselves?
                        But I love it, so there is no real need for more
                        I loved how Ronon was grouchy and wanted meat. Mmmmmm... MEEEAAAAT!

Very true. In this case it's guilty until proven innocent. And innocence is in this case a public apology towards Torri, the rest of the cast and the fans.
                        At the very least. Preferably followed by the producers/writers responsible for this fiasco resigning from their involvement with the franchise. Their jobs should be forfeit for screwing up that badly.

No no, don't believe SK! Stay as far away from the mints as possible... trust me on that.
                        *snerks*

Maybe you could incorporate one in your BigBang?
                        There's a thought...

Well... there's still NCIS... and Eureka... oh and don't forget about Heroes... and Lost... Torchwood and Dr. Who are pretty good too...
                        Of course non have anything that's even remotely comparable to Sparky...
                        Gah. My brain is not firing on all cylinders today... Yes, there's always NCIS. The rest... I don't watch most of them. Gave up on Lost when it got weird, only seen a handful of episodes of Dr. Who. Nothing's really captured my attention like SGA in its golden age with Sparky.

Ooh, now that really makes you wonder... We'd know for sure that Torri and Paul never would have gotten axed... Maybe we would have seen some more action on the Sparky front... Kolya would have probably made his reappearance somehow without getting killed so stupidly... Prolly no McKeller... I think Joe would have kept the Rodney and Katie become parents idea, if only to give David the most difficult scenes with a baby
                        Rachel's pregnancy would have been turned into Spanky
                        Nah... any ideas what Joe would have done with Rachel's pregnancy?
                        LOL at the idea of Joe keeping the Rodney/Katie stuff to play with David's head. Hah! And why couldn't Rachel's pregnancy have been turned into Spanky? It would've made more sense than pulling Kanaan out of a magic hat like a rabbit.

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
                        This gave me an idea. Over at Command Dynamic I started a series called "The Great Debates." Pizza War is the first installment. Don't worry I cleaned it up nice and spiffy. I know I should do that for the tiny fics here too. The series is moderated, but the rules are easy. No "R" rated stuff, No sex, politics, or religion, and be funny. Have fun with it
                        Oooh, a food rivalry series! Gotta love it!

Comment

LOVE BURN NOTICE. Michael Weston can spy on me any day, and I love Fiona. Royal Pains is a fun show.

I no longer ship, though. Have a policy against it unless the ship is just THAT good. Generally I'm a fan of characters or A character, and whatever works for that character I will support. I'm glad I look at things that way now, because shipping is a lot of unnecessary heartache for fictitious characters.

For example, another of my favorite shows, LOST, has a huge ship war right now. Thankfully I only like Sawyer, and not any 'ship' associated with him, so I'm good with whatever so long as it advances his character. I'm glad, because the shipper posts on entertainment sites are actually kinda scary...
                          I think that is what I do also. I like certain ships but this is the only forum I've ever been on. And ship wars just scare me. I've even been amused at the SGA ones at times. How can you get so worked up over fictional characters? Will it affect your life?

Lost lost me a couple of years ago. I just don't care anymore. But Sparky is eternal.
                          sigpic

Comment

I really need to check out Burn Notice. Everyone says it's quite good, and it certainly sounds like it's got some wacky fun stories. Plus, it's got Bruce Campbell. Always a plus.

Comment

I really need to check out Burn Notice. Everyone says it's quite good, and it certainly sounds like it's got some wacky fun stories. Plus, it's got Bruce Campbell. Always a plus.
                              Bruce Campbell is love. And we are too. I think we just hit a new high note.
                              sigpic

Comment

Bruce Campbell is love. And we are too. I think we just hit a new high note.
                                Yes, we have!

Happy 85,000 Posts!

*pops open bottles of champagne and passes out hors d'oeuvres of smoked salmon and caviar*

Comment

Working...
                                X