No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh No, Frizzy Lizzy. Just imagine this scene. (Holding out for a Hero starts playing) John come running gallantly to Elizabeth's rescue, "I brought you some de-friz serum." Doc does the eyebrow'n'headtilt; spark ensues.
    "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
      Oh No, Frizzy Lizzy. Just imagine this scene. (Holding out for a Hero starts playing) John come running gallantly to Elizabeth's rescue, "I brought you some de-friz serum." Doc does the eyebrow'n'headtilt; spark ensues.
      Ahahahah!!!! Oh, that is awesome! And he even gets to help her put the de-frizz serum in her hair. RAWR!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
        I have the impression that my posts are less interesting. I don't know if it is because the episodes are not very Sparky or because of me. lol
        I can't make "Home" tonight but I would do tomorrow if you want.
        Warning!!! There will be a guest. No this is not Joe or Torri. It's just....my dad. Yes it is a disappointment. He saw the episode so he also commented. The team grew.lol
        Tomorrow I'll watch "The storm" and "The eye".
        No no no, your post are more interesting. You have a great way of describing things. I just love your mom more and more.

And The Storm/The Eye are truly going to blow her away. no pun intended
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Posted something similar on the John and Teyla thread:
          On JM's Blog :
          Spoiler:

Q. PG15 writes: About leadership, some complained that, while the male leaders were portrayed as mostly authoritative (Hammond, O’Neill, Landry, Woolsey), the female leaders (Weir, Carter) were portrayed as non-confrontational and having to defer to the men around them. Again, comments?”
          A. I’m not sure how to answer this. Could you give me examples? In the case of Weir, her non-confrontational style was a result of her experience in the field of international negotiation. She wasn’t military and so, whenever possible, opted for a less confrontational approach because, to be perfectly blunt, it’s the smarter way to deal with a problem. Weir was always sure of herself. Compare this to Woolsey who was on very uncertain ground when he first took over command of the Atlantis expedition but gradually came into his own.

But when asked
          Spoiler:

Q. What do you think about the quality of the portrayal of women in Stargate? How does it compare to the quality of the portrayal of the male characters?

A. I think we’ve had some strong and wonderfully unique characters in Stargate. Obviously the first one that comes to mind is Samantha Carter who, over her many years on the franchise, has become one of the most recognized and respected female characters in SF television. On the opposite end of the spectrum, you have the equally strong but certainly more, uh, colorful Vala Mal Doran whose mercenary outlook belied a certain vulnerability. The women of Stargate: Universe also possess a depth of character we’re just beginning to explore.

Kinda gives the Atlantis ladies the Flanigan treatment, huh?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
            On JM's Blog :
            Spoiler:

Q. PG15 writes: About leadership, some complained that, while the male leaders were portrayed as mostly authoritative (Hammond, O’Neill, Landry, Woolsey), the female leaders (Weir, Carter) were portrayed as non-confrontational and having to defer to the men around them. Again, comments?”
            A. I’m not sure how to answer this. Could you give me examples? In the case of Weir, her non-confrontational style was a result of her experience in the field of international negotiation. She wasn’t military and so, whenever possible, opted for a less confrontational approach because, to be perfectly blunt, it’s the smarter way to deal with a problem. Weir was always sure of herself. Compare this to Woolsey who was on very uncertain ground when he first took over command of the Atlantis expedition but gradually came into his own.

But when asked
            Spoiler:

Q. What do you think about the quality of the portrayal of women in Stargate? How does it compare to the quality of the portrayal of the male characters?

A. I think we’ve had some strong and wonderfully unique characters in Stargate. Obviously the first one that comes to mind is Samantha Carter who, over her many years on the franchise, has become one of the most recognized and respected female characters in SF television. On the opposite end of the spectrum, you have the equally strong but certainly more, uh, colorful Vala Mal Doran whose mercenary outlook belied a certain vulnerability. The women of Stargate: Universe also possess a depth of character we’re just beginning to explore.

And confirms my suspicion that he never watched even one episode of SGA. But then I'm sure he would say that Sheppard got fair treatment and most of the episodes focused on him because after all he was the lead. It's all in the perception and what helps you sleep at night.

And SGU is going to right all the wrongs, perceived or otherwise, and go on to make SciFi history as the greatest show ever written. Blahblahblah.
            sigpic

Comment

Okay, now to catch up after coming back from visiting relatives.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Hee! It's funny, but I don't usually ship characters in TV shows or movies; even when there are some pretty obvious signs of a pairing, I just think, "okay, cool, whatever," and go on my merry way.

But there's just something about John and Elizabeth that makes me go back and take a second look. And a third look. And then a fourth look. LOL! They are addicting!
              Yeah, that's pretty much me too. I don't really ship for any other pairing. On other tv shows usually I'm just content to roll with the story and whatever canon couples the writers present the audience with. Like you said SK, it's just kinda like "okay, that's fine, I can go with that." Nothing else comes anywhere near to approaching my enthusiasm for Sparky. It is SO addictive.

Originally posted by Probie View Post
              Second part:

I want to say: The scream of Joe (when Ford puts salt and water on the bug) is so sexy…lol

THE scene:
              Silence in my living room. We look very carefully this scene
              We heard John says: “So …what I want to say was….” And my mother took the voice of John and says “I love you”. So we laughed and we have to re-watch the scene because my mom didn’t hear the end. By the way, she hated Ford because he interrupts John but the next scene; she loved Ford because he said “Cut his shirt off”. I will repeat that to my father.lol
              No doubt for her, he likes her. Too early to say it’s love but there is something.
              When John survived, my mom said “Look her face. She’s so relieved. She almost cries”.

Now THE scene in the infirmary with THE look.

“WEIR: You weren’t really going to say that, were you?
              SHEPPARD: I have no idea what you’re talking about.
              WEIR: I didn’t think so.”

So my mom asked me “What he wants to say?” TPTB never give us an answer but it’s pretty obvious, mom.

And the end with this look
              http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...um=255&pos=488
              I told my mother, "This isn't the look of a man for his boss, but for a woman for whom he has a crush." She answered: “it’s only now that you notice that.” You scared me, mom.
              It’s official: she is a Sparky.
              LOL! This is so great. Can I say again how awesome your mom is? I love just how she completely and totally gets it, entirely on her own. All the ep reports are entertaining (don't worry about them being less interesting, they're not. There are just some eps that don't have much spark in them. You do an excellent job.) and I find I can't wait to hear what you and your mom have to say about the eps.

On JM's Blog :
              Spoiler:

But when asked
              Spoiler:

Uh!!!! That makes me really mad. Atlantis being blatantly ignored and disregarded, like always... Just shows how much they respect their characters, doesn't it?
              sigpic
              Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                And confirms my suspicion that he never watched even one episode of SGA. But then I'm sure he would say that Sheppard got fair treatment and most of the episodes focused on him because after all he was the lead. It's all in the perception and what helps you sleep at night.

And SGU is going to right all the wrongs, perceived or otherwise, and go on to make SciFi history as the greatest show ever written. Blahblahblah.
                Ta on that.
                OT SGU:
                Spoiler:
                Sometimes I feel automatically inclined to hate Universe, just on general principle (and because I'm kinda sick of hearing how great it's going to be). I get angry and want it to just crash and burn simply out of spite (even though I do have serious doubts about the characters and plot in general. valid issues, not just spite) and b/c tptw deserve it as punishment for their idiocy in their handling of everything.(okay, that could have been a little harsh) Maybe I'm a little bitter. *shrugs*
                But then there are other times when I feel just the opposite, and I don't want it to crash and burn, b/c it's Stargate, and I love Stargate and always want there to be Stargate, and the thought of tv without it makes me very sad. But then I get angry with myself b/c I feel like it looks like I'm behaving like the mindless "lemmings" they consider all fans to be that go along with everything they say just because they say it.
                Grrr on conflicting opinions!

Okay, sorry for ranting like that. I also apologize for the complete off topic-ness of this post.

But annnywaaay... Right. On topic. Um... Sparky Rules!
                sigpic
                Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

On JM's Blog :
                  Spoiler:

But when asked
                  Spoiler:

So on the one hand, he was actually rather complimentary of Weir's ability to lead, to the point of calling her "sure of herself."

But on the other hand, when it comes to talking about females in Stargate in general, he doesn't even mention any of the Atlantis ladies.

*sighs*

Nothing Mallozzi does surprises me anymore.

*snerks*

You know, I cringe to think of how Weir 3.0 Wray might fare on SGU.
                  Last edited by Scary Kitty; 09 June 2009, 07:14 PM. Reason: I can't spell at all tonight...
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Guh... I hate the exam period... it just keeps me so busy

Probie, please keep up with your reports, they are great!! Yeah, some eps are less Sparky, but we all know that. Like the others said, just wait for 'The Eye of the Storm' (yes I still think this is the perfect title to combine the two eps)
                    The Sparky in that is going to BLOW YOUR MIND!!

On SGU:
                    Spoiler:
                    I'm also in duality about it. On the one hand I want to give it a chance because it is Stargate and I love Stargate. But on the other, tptw that frakked up SGA are behind SGU so I just want to boycott it. But then I'm also boycotting the actors in it in a way, and they are not to blame. On the contrary. And I like some of the people that are cast for SGU...
                    Stupid doubt and stupid tptw for frakking up SGA and making me doubt SGU

Back On Topic: Whoohoo, Sparky
                    Last edited by KrisRussel; 10 June 2009, 05:04 AM.

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                      Ta on that.
                      OT SGU:
                      Spoiler:
                      Sometimes I feel automatically inclined to hate Universe, just on general principle (and because I'm kinda sick of hearing how great it's going to be). I get angry and want it to just crash and burn simply out of spite (even though I do have serious doubts about the characters and plot in general. valid issues, not just spite) and b/c tptw deserve it as punishment for their idiocy in their handling of everything.(okay, that could have been a little harsh) Maybe I'm a little bitter. *shrugs*
                      But then there are other times when I feel just the opposite, and I don't want it to crash and burn, b/c it's Stargate, and I love Stargate and always want there to be Stargate, and the thought of tv without it makes me very sad. But then I get angry with myself b/c I feel like it looks like I'm behaving like the mindless "lemmings" they consider all fans to be that go along with everything they say just because they say it.

Okay, sorry for ranting like that. I also apologize for the complete off topic-ness of this post.

On SGU

Spoiler:
                      ITA with your rant. I am conflicted too. I have managed to avoid all spoilers except the names of a couple of the cast. That may help me to enjoy it. *shrugs* I am secretly hoping I hate it but will give it a fair chance. But it looks like once SGU is the huge hit they are expecting, SGA will be like Weir-gone and forgotten.

Sparky, however, will live on.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                        Ta on that.
                        OT SGU:
                        Spoiler:

On SGU

Spoiler:
                        ITA with your rant. I am conflicted too. I have managed to avoid all spoilers except the names of a couple of the cast. That may help me to enjoy it. *shrugs* I am secretly hoping I hate it but will give it a fair chance. But it looks like once SGU is the huge hit they are expecting, SGA will be like Weir-gone and forgotten.

Sparky, however, will live on.
                        OT SGU

Spoiler:
                        Yeah, other than Ming Na, who I adore, I have no desire to watch SGU and won't be. I don't love SG enough to tune in 'just cause' and I get a squishy, uncomfortable feeling every time I think about how out of touch the producers are with some of the fan base. I've never been around PTB that so easily blow off one set of fans on the general assumption they'll have enough of the other type of fans to be okay. It wouldn't have taken much for some of them to be diplomatic enough to say 'well, we really liked Weir blah blah but felt she wasn't developing blah blah'--they just had to be political about it, but never were.

So I won't be tuning in. I don't have the heart to wish failure of a production, because of all the people whose livelihoods depend upon it, but I do wish TPTB would get their comeuppance at times.

I need to feel some good Sparky vibes today. What can we do to just chat up Sparky? Anything??
                        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                          OT SGU

Spoiler:
                          Yeah, other than Ming Na, who I adore, I have no desire to watch SGU and won't be. I don't love SG enough to tune in 'just cause' and I get a squishy, uncomfortable feeling every time I think about how out of touch the producers are with some of the fan base. I've never been around PTB that so easily blow off one set of fans on the general assumption they'll have enough of the other type of fans to be okay. It wouldn't have taken much for some of them to be diplomatic enough to say 'well, we really liked Weir blah blah but felt she wasn't developing blah blah'--they just had to be political about it, but never were.

So I won't be tuning in. I don't have the heart to wish failure of a production, because of all the people whose livelihoods depend upon it, but I do wish TPTB would get their comeuppance at times.

I need to feel some good Sparky vibes today. What can we do to just chat up Sparky? Anything??
                          Gosh me too. I don't have a lot of ideas right now. I have to go shopping to find something to go with the skirt I bought yesterday. *sigh* But I'll be back later.

My husband and I have been watching S1 to fill in when there's nothing on the DVR and have both been struck anew by the Sparky right from the beginning. He even brought it up first, much like Probie's mom. That cute moment in Suspicion when he teases her about bringing things back and she says "just yourselves please" in that cute voice she uses with him comes to mind.

Any other moments when they make a humorous connection and/or seem to be having their own conversation separate from the others?
                          sigpic

Comment

Gosh me too. I don't have a lot of ideas right now. I have to go shopping to find something to go with the skirt I bought yesterday. *sigh* But I'll be back later.

My husband and I have been watching S1 to fill in when there's nothing on the DVR and have both been struck anew by the Sparky right from the beginning. He even brought it up first, much like Probie's mom. That cute moment in Suspicion when he teases her about bringing things back and she says "just yourselves please" in that cute voice she uses with him comes to mind.

Any other moments when they make a humorous connection and/or seem to be having their own conversation separate from the others?
                            Gosh, that's requiring mental jumping jacks from me. Hmmm...one of the best early scenes I can think of is also in Suspicion, when she tells him she needs to see him alone and he gives Rodney the 'eyebrow'. Though that's easily interpreted as humor on John's part, I love the fact that he goes there at all with 'the boss.'

There's actually some really good stuff from Hide&Seek if I can remember it. I love the united front moment:

There was some fun stuff from those early SGA episodes, when they were getting comfortable with each other (and yet somehow already were...)
                            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                              Gosh, that's requiring mental jumping jacks from me. Hmmm...one of the best early scenes I can think of is also in Suspicion, when she tells him she needs to see him alone and he gives Rodney the 'eyebrow'. Though that's easily interpreted as humor on John's part, I love the fact that he goes there at all with 'the boss.'

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i.../suspicion.jpg

There's actually some really good stuff from Hide&Seek if I can remember it. I love the united front moment:

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...ll/103x528.jpg

There was some fun stuff from those early SGA episodes, when they were getting comfortable with each other (and yet somehow already were...)
                              I forgot the eyebrow thing. I think that was a "she likes me better than you" moment between McShep. LOL

But it does strike you how very comfortable they were with each other right from the start. No hesitancy or dissembling on anybody's part. I think they treated each other as equals right off the bat and both began to change a little bit to see the other's point of view.
                              sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Flaily Angsty Wednesday!

And I say, screw the angst! I feel like happy stuff! (though, that could possibly be the squee over getting my new color laser printer last night, heehee!)

Hmm, this talk about all the signs of Sparky friendship so early in Season 1 reminds me: When we get done with the post-a-thon (three more episodes to the end of Season 3, folks!), maybe we should do a "viewers' request" thon, with episodes featuring some of our favorite Sparky moments?

Comment

Working...
                                X