Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yunadax View Post
    Sidenote.. whats with the pink background... also April Fools I take it?
    Magic 8 ball says .... seems likely
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
      Magic 8 ball says .... seems likely
      OR as my magic 8 ball says... 'try again later'

Hrmm......

Comment

Ta for the comments! My muse is yours to command (since this is still YOUR fic.. I just write it)... where do you want it to go next???
        Depends on how long you want to keep writing
        Spoiler:
        Long: Replicators come back for more and the only way they are able to keep them at bay is by getting Liz out of stasis and having John bring her up to one of the ships in a cloaked puddlejumper. More angst!!

Short: Carter (much to John's surprise) finds the solutions to Elizabeth's nanite problem and they all live happily ever after... Ok, that just sounds stupid and way too easy

Sidenote.. whats with the pink background... also April Fools I take it?
        Pink hurts my eyes
        I almost have to wear sunglasses
        Stupid April 1st

Spoiler:
        This occured to me while I was watching a sparky vid (also, why isn't the thread renamed to the sparky thread??). In this sequence of shots (from Lifeline, when Shep & Dex leave the jumper the first time, is he blowing her a kiss here?

Spoiler:
        [ATTACH]8223[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]8224[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]8225[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]8226[/ATTACH]

I recommend watching the ep, as it isn't all that obvious in those shots. Or at all
        Now you're making me want to see that ep again and I so don't have time for it... I'm leaving on vacation tomorrow morning *does a silly little happy dance*
        Really guys, if anyone here's from New York and wants to meet up, lemme know. I would love to discuss Sparky in person with someone...

To make this more like my regular posts, I resort to this:

[ATTACH]8227[/ATTACH]
        E: I've just been on a date with Colonel Caldwell. He's an excellent kisser
        J: If that's even a little bit true, he's a dead man
        ROFL!! His face perfectly matches the sentiment of what you're making him say

Sig by me

Comment

okay I thought it was me just going nuts with this pink background give me page 1 for the fight... Wait what fight?

Comment

so whats up with the magic 8 ball?
            Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 01 April 2009, 02:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Hmm, with that kind of money, we could probably make enough to donate a percentage to charity. Helping good causes and all that. You think that would satisfy the new Standards and Practices rules?

And of course the hot guys holding umbrellas over our chairs and fanning us when it gets too hot.

*snickers* You think it'll take that long?
              Good point, but like someone else said they'll try to be nice at first. Then the not-so-subtle digs will begin and someone will snap.

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
              Hear! Hear! I'm completely up for that. Will write something to them soon.

OMG!! The Angst!! The Angst!!
              I love it!!
              And I can't wait until the next chapter!!

Put me down for page 1... post 2 or 3

I know... it was so cute
              But that just makes the whole 'Weir' calling situation in 'The Ark' make even less sense... *rolls eyes*

I got the same one
              Here's my theory on the name calling. It reminds me of teachers. We always called each other by our last name in front of students or parents. Sometimes it got to be a habit and you did it all the time without thinking. Sometimes you even did it on purpose with a little tease in the voice. In The Ark it's possible that John was referring to her in a professional way like Ronon, for example, would have referred to her. I see it as a situational choice. I don't think he ever did it when she was being discussed on a personal level or when they were alone unless teasing her like in The Return I.

And I'm loving the April Fool's joke. Except the Pepto Bismol background is making me a bit nauseous.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                Here's my theory on the name calling. It reminds me of teachers. We always called each other by our last name in front of students or parents. Sometimes it got to be a habit and you did it all the time without thinking. Sometimes you even did it on purpose with a little tease in the voice. In The Ark it's possible that John was referring to her in a professional way like Ronon, for example, would have referred to her. I see it as a situational choice. I don't think he ever did it when she was being discussed on a personal level or when they were alone unless teasing her like in The Return I.
                I can accept that, but it still doesn't fully explain why he called her Elizabeth in 'Pegasus Project' all the time because, technically, in that ep, SG1 were their subordinates... So you'd expect, to keep a certain level of professionalism, that he would call her Dr. Weir.
                I really loved the fact he constantly called her Elizabeth in front of SG1, but it clashed with what happened in 'The Ark'.
                But then again, we're used to that level of inconsistency from our "favorite" tptb/w...

And I'm loving the April Fool's joke. Except the Pepto Bismol background is making me a bit nauseous.
                This is the first time ever that I made the window of my browser so small that only the forum itself is visible, with just a tiny bit of the headache-forming pink...
                Did I say yet that I really hate the color pink?

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                  I can accept that, but it still doesn't fully explain why he called her Elizabeth in 'Pegasus Project' all the time because, technically, in that ep, SG1 were their subordinates... So you'd expect, to keep a certain level of professionalism, that he would call her Dr. Weir.
                  I really loved the fact he constantly called her Elizabeth in front of SG1, but it clashed with what happened in 'The Ark'.
                  But then again, we're used to that level of inconsistency from our "favorite" tptb/w...

This is the first time ever that I made the window of my browser so small that only the forum itself is visible, with just a tiny bit of the headache-forming pink...
                  Did I say yet that I really hate the color pink?
                  I don't consider SG-1 to be their subordinates. Except Sam/John. Considering the let-me-show-you-around-the-place bonding between Sheppard and Mitchell, I always looked at that first part as John being the proud homeowner showing another guy around. It was very husbandy. But you're right. Different writers gave us completely different levels of familiarity.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                    SciFi is just a setting, but I think it's sad because lots of people (me even) have had this stigma towards science fiction that it's spaceships and tech and busty alien women. Like Atlantis sorta became. But it's just a setting, and as SGA has proved multiple times is can indeed transcend genre stereotype.

I'm looking for character stories or awesome plots propelled by characters. Give me that and I'm happy.
                    I second that. One of the reasons I enjoy sci-fi is because I find characters, at time, can be more realistic than regular drama. Not to knock anyone who likes this show, but one example for me is Grey's Anatomy. It seems like because it's supposed to be grounded in 'reality', the plotlines just get more and more and more outlandish the longer the show is on the air, and the characters, which are the central focus of those plots, go 180 degrees away from being human. Whereas with sci-fi, because the plots are already outlandish, and the characters only a part of the core plot, they actually get scaled back in terms of what they do.

I mean, 15 years with Stargate and we only have one official canon ship, versus Grey's, where it seems like many of them jump from partner to partner? I prefer sci-fi.

Um, the Pepto-Bismol pink is totally going to give me away today, so I'll be returning around lunch and that's probably it. Normally people around me wouldn't notice the blue background, but today there's no hiding it.
                    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                      I second that. One of the reasons I enjoy sci-fi is because I find characters, at time, can be more realistic than regular drama. Not to knock anyone who likes this show, but one example for me is Grey's Anatomy. It seems like because it's supposed to be grounded in 'reality', the plotlines just get more and more and more outlandish the longer the show is on the air, and the characters, which are the central focus of those plots, go 180 degrees away from being human. Whereas with sci-fi, because the plots are already outlandish, and the characters only a part of the core plot, they actually get scaled back in terms of what they do.

I mean, 15 years with Stargate and we only have one official canon ship, versus Grey's, where it seems like many of them jump from partner to partner? I prefer sci-fi.

Um, the Pepto-Bismol pink is totally going to give me away today, so I'll be returning around lunch and that's probably it. Normally people around me wouldn't notice the blue background, but today there's no hiding it.
                      That is such a good assessment. I've been a SciFi geek since high school but a lot of my friends thought it was just the dorkiest thing in the world even then. My whole attitude has been to get in their face with it and tell them to explain to me why soap operas or crime dramas are better. They can't. I think straight dramas like Law and Order that have realistic characters are boring. Who wants their escape entertainment to be realistic?

That said. I watch Grey's and love it for its outlandishness. It's like watching an accident on the side of the highway. But I've talked to true believers who watch it and just gush over all the love triangles and OMG! what is Meredith going to do and isn't McDreamy just so...whatever. Uh no. They are hopeless twits who shouldn't be allowed to practice medicine but they entertain me immensely. I hope they all get what's coming to them in a really big way that will make me LOL. Except for Bailey and the Chief. I love them. It's just very well written and well acted but if you don't think it's OTT, something's wrong with you. Of course, look at all the shippers who get a character mixed up with the actor and just go bonkers if their ship gets sunk.

Sparkies! Realistic and well-adjusted. Yep.
                      sigpic

Comment

Agreed. Pepto Bismol literally makes me throw up btw. No, seriously, it does. Fortunately, the color pink doesn't, so I'm okay for right now....

Now, back to celebrating the awesomeness and attractiveness of SPARKY!

sigpic
                        Signature by Erin87

Comment

GAH THIS BACKGROUND IS MAKING ME SICK TO MY STOMACH!!

In other news, guess what! I've got access (in part) to LJ!

I'll probably only be able to LJ at lunch, because I have to use another computer. Most of the time when I'm visiting here, it'll be the one that has the firewall. But I can read journals and such!

So...if you want to friend me, you can find me as user ugahill. Right now it's public (and kinda boring) so anyone can jump on. Let me know who you are and I'd love to friend you back.

I am also in need of at least 3 SGA icons, so if you know good places to go...
                          Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! I'd say Happy Angst!Day, except... angst isn't happy.

And gah, the pink hurts my eyes! What the frak?!? The funny member titles are fine, but the pink really isn't user-friendly.
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                              GAH THIS BACKGROUND IS MAKING ME SICK TO MY STOMACH!!

In other news, guess what! I've got access (in part) to LJ!

I'll probably only be able to LJ at lunch, because I have to use another computer. Most of the time when I'm visiting here, it'll be the one that has the firewall. But I can read journals and such!

So...if you want to friend me, you can find me as user ugahill. Right now it's public (and kinda boring) so anyone can jump on. Let me know who you are and I'd love to friend you back.

I am also in need of at least 3 SGA icons, so if you know good places to go...
                              Yay! *runs to friend you*

Good SGA icons... Atlantis Icons should give you a good start, also the John and Elizabeth comm occasionally has posts of Sparky icons in amongst the fic and videos.
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

one offical? u mean mckay and keller?

Comment

Working...
                                X