X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
    And how many guns he needed.
    Guns, nuclear warheads, sharp sticks...
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
      That episode....you know, the writers may say all they want that they didn't write Sparky into the show. But what the heck was this if not Sparky hints? There was a LOT of Sparky hints in this episode. Did the writers seriously not understand how this looked?
      I know, seriously!

Thank you, guys!
      You're welcome.

This is part of an ongoing fic I'm writing (not sure if I'll ever post the entire thing though), but this part is about 38 minutes and it says what he wanted to say:

Spoiler:
      She watched him from the darkness as he lay on the infirmary bed. He looked quite peaceful now, so different from when Carson was trying to resurrect him. In that instant she had prayed to every God she could think off to spare his life and now she thanked them again for doing just that.
      “I know you’re there.” He said, his eyes still closed. “I won’t bite... hard.”
      She laughed softly and stepped away from the shadows, moving next to his bed.
      “How are you?” She asked and he opened his eyes.
      “Good, considering I died today.”
      She slightly flinched and turned her gaze away from him.
      “Sorry.” He quickly apologized at her reaction.
      “Don’t be. I’m glad you survived this.”
      “You and me both.”
      “I was wondering... Now that it’s just the two of us... what is it that you really wanted to tell me?”
      He looked at her for a few silent moments, clearly torn between telling her the truth and telling her a little white lie. Letting out a quiet sigh, he decided that it was better to be honest with her.
      “I wanted to thank you.”
      “Thank me?” She asked surprised and he nodded.
      “For giving me a chance at a time nearly everyone else had given up on me. For trusting me to lead the military here and for giving me the chance to proof that I could be more than just ‘gene-boy’.”
      She smiled gently at him. “You’re welcome, John.”
      Giving her a short nod, he closed his eyes and pushed himself deeper into his pillow.
      “Go to sleep, Elizabeth.” He murmured.
      Her smile grew. “Goodnight, major.” And she walked out of the infirmary.
      Once again, wonderful job Kris. Now you know you want to post the whole thing... *nudge nudge*

SK and Anuna, you're both so right. If John would have done it, to him it would have been like he was giving up on her and I don't think he ever could do that. I'm pretty sure he still thinks Ford is out there somewhere too.
      I don't think I ever would have accepted it if John did it, especially not while he constantly chants 'we don't leave our people behind' to everyone. Teyla on the other hand was a good friend with Elizabeth and although it must have hurt her too on some level to clear her quarters and even though I'm sure she'll never truly give up on Elizabeth either, it's different.
      It's hard to explain or put into words, but it just feels different.
      Yeah. Like was said, I think a lot of it is her culture. Her people have to deal with death all the time, and they have a different view of it. Whereas we know John would consider packing her stuff away to be as good as acknowledging she was really and truly dead.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Sparky picspam. For some reason I got distracted by the 6th pic. Don't look.

Spoiler:
      John: So what's happenin' on the Sparky thread?
      http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...omckay0438.jpg

Liz: Well, they've had a resurgence of Sparky goodness today.
      http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...omckay0439.jpg

John: Huh, what brought that on? They've been very quiet this week. Frankly, I've been a bit disappointed.
      http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...omckay0440.jpg

Liz: Well it looks like somebody reported them for being off topic?
      http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...omckay0441.jpg

John: How can they be off topic? Isn't everything about Sparky?
      http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...omckay0444.jpg

Liz:That's what I thought, but some people don't like us.
      http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...omckay0445.jpg[

John: Well it looks like it backfired because our thread is busier than ever.
      http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...omckay0447.jpg

Liz: Yep, even some people who haven't posted in awhile are showing up.
      John: Sweet!
      http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...omckay0448.jpg

John: Well, gotta go. I'm giving Kanaan a golf lesson.
      http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...omckay0470.jpg

Liz: John, wait. I'll head out with you. I loaned Teyla my Victoria's Secret catalog and she wants to show me the items she's planning to order.
      http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...omckay0469.jpg

John: Oooh, a present for Kanaan I'm betting.
      http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...omckay0471.jpg

Liz: Promise me you won't say anything. It's a surprise.
      http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...omckay0472.jpg

John: Only if you order that red one I like.
      Liz: John, you told me you hadn't even glanced at that catalog...what red one?
      http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...omckay0473.jpg

Ha! I love it. I could only see one of the actual pictures, but it was still hilarious just reading it.

I was doing some capturing for a vid today from Reunion and was struck by the balcony scene between John and Carter. The talk about Teyla packing up Elizabeth's stuff and compartmentalizing feelings made me think of this. Noone ever gets used to loss, but Teyla has been losing those she loves all her life and has a system for dealing with it. John has had his share of loss but it has been more intense over the last few years and particularly hard to deal with in regards to Elizabeth. Think about the fact that this is one of the first things he does after Carter takes command.

Transcript:
      Spoiler:
      SHEPPARD: You know, for most of us, this thing with Elizabeth isn’t over yet. She’s still out there.

CARTER: You really believe there’s a chance she’s still alive?

SHEPPARD: There’s only one way to know for sure.

CARTER: You’re suggesting we go back.

SHEPPARD: We should have done it sooner, but the I.O.A.’s been stonewalling me. Now that you’re in charge, maybe you can give me the green light.

CARTER: I’m sorry, but it’s too dangerous.

SHEPPARD: It’s no more dangerous than the last time we went in.

CARTER: Circumstances were different, plus you had an advantage then that you don’t have now.

SHEPPARD: Well, she’s the one who gave us that advantage. The only reason we’re here is because of what she did.

CARTER: Believe me, I know, and I don’t like the idea of leaving someone behind any more than you do. But I am not about to send you or anyone else on a suicide mission. Now, you come to me with a plan that has even an outside chance of succeeding and I’ll consider it. Short of that, John, I’m sorry. There’s nothing I can do.

SHEPPARD (reluctantly): Fair enough.

And the woobie face. How can you kick that puppy?

Spoiler:
      http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/southernred/normal_atl_403_326.jpg
      http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...tl_403_337.jpg
      http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...tl_403_339.jpg
      Again with the face! Lookit 'im! And really! John wouldn't have just accepted that. At least definitely not from the IOA. He's never displayed any kind of respect towards them at all, so I find it extremely hard to swallow that he would let them get in his way like that. It just isn't the John we all know and love. (I know this has all been stomped to death before, but it still gets me so angry every time I think about it! Curse you PTB writers with your inconsistency! *shakes fist angrily*

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Or fics where everyone basically says "screw you" to Earth and Atlantis goes rogue. They move the city so Earth can't find 'em and then they go get Elizabeth. Or they get Elizabeth and when the IOA/SGC tries to drag her back to Area 51 for study or whatever, Atlantis rebels. I just love "Atlantis has a revolution" fics. Those are always fun.
      I know! I love those! I've only read one though I think, but I just love the idea! It is so completely awesome. And definitely plausible for John anyway. As we kind of stated a couple of days ago, he has more of a connection to Atlantis than to Earth anyway. *sighs happily* Viva la revolucion!

And yet in the same episode that she turns down John's request for a rescue mission to Asuras, we have Carter do something Grade-A stupid that no expedition leader should do... go on an equally harebrained rescue mission into an enemy stronghold to rescue captured team members with virtually no plan except 'go in, track them down, and get out.' It's the hypocrisy of it and that it makes Carter look bad, that really gets to me.
      Yeah, that was really stupid of her. I hadn't actually thought of that, even when I was watching the ep. *thinks about it some more* I mean really! You turn him down cause of limited chance of success and then you spin around and go of on a mission of your own that's equally dangerous. Hypocrisy. You said it.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      Not to mention that most of the time she was simply speaking Weir - lines. So much for coolness of shooting stuff around. Sam Carter isn't a character who's to be seated behind a desk, unless she's playing with her doohickeys.

As I said, any other show would do this differently, thinking of what people in question would do, how they would react, why are their motivations etc. I ran across very few shows (that's maybe because I don't watch much stuff) that simply shoehorns a character into a role (plothole) because some sort of recipe has to be followed. That's fail. It results in fail, as we have seen for ourselves. And it's sad when an actor has to go yelling around and basically saying "No, my character doesn't suffer amnesia and he actually remembers people he worked with. He'd also like to go and save them, because that's what you made him to be through last three years".

Uh, but no. Anyone can be saved but the true leader, which, in turn, makes the show motto meaningless and mock worthy - we don't leave our men behind, with exception of Elizabeth Weir.
      It's true, it's true. Just so... *frustrated shriek* TPTB should have t-shirts made with that on the back, since that seems to be their main theme.
      sigpic
      Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

I can imagine John feeling it was his duty, maybe with a little pressure from Rodney, to make the announcement to the expedition. He asks for a city wide connection and then finds he can't say anything. He chokes, makes the woobie face, and leaves in a rush. Rodney looks around hoping for some help and then grows a pair and makes the announcement himself. *flails and cries* End scene of John on the balcony, hands on the railing and head down. Roll credits. *flails again*
        *joins in flailing*
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
          It's true, it's true. Just so... *frustrated shriek* TPTB should have t-shirts made with that on the back, since that seems to be their main theme.
          Maybe we should make those T-shirts, just to mock them.

Comment

I can imagine John feeling it was his duty, maybe with a little pressure from Rodney, to make the announcement to the expedition. He asks for a city wide connection and then finds he can't say anything. He chokes, makes the woobie face, and leaves in a rush. Rodney looks around hoping for some help and then grows a pair and makes the announcement himself. *flails and cries* End scene of John on the balcony, hands on the railing and head down. Roll credits. *flails again*
            Wow, that would have made the PERFECT missing scene!!!!!
            Really, if tptw don't know what to write or how to write a character, there are more than enough gifted people here.

Guns, nuclear warheads, sharp sticks...
            X-303's, X-302's, ARG's,...

Sig by me

Comment

T-minus 15 minutes to post-a-thon!

Comment

X-303's, X-302's, ARG's,...
                Maybe see if they can scrape up some old Goa'uld warships and fighters left behind when Ba'al got taken down...

Comment

Once again, wonderful job Kris. Now you know you want to post the whole thing... *nudge nudge*
                  *groans*

Maybe we should make those T-shirts, just to mock them.
                  I really think I'm going to get a t-shirt like that made to wear at Fedcon this year... The guy playing Woolsey (name escapes me and I'm too lazy to look it up) will be there... would he get it?
                  Can anyone make a nice graphic out of it?

Sig by me

Comment

Maybe see if they can scrape up some old Goa'uld warships and fighters left behind when Ba'al got taken down...
                    And get the help from the Genii. Ladon had a thing for Elizabeth anyway, so he would have gladly helped out...

Sig by me

Comment

T-minus 10 minutes!

Comment

Oooh, hope you had fun at your prom!
                        Thanks, I did. I went with a group of three friends sans any guys and we had fun. (And my dress was red. And I had on silver jewelry. And I have long brown hair. And it was all curly. Now how pathetic is it that my thoughts wander to a certain person. I just can't help myself! It wasn't intentional or anything! )

Anyway...

Yeah! The real Carter, the Carter who's had her own share of insane rescues, wouldn't have said no, she would've asked Sheppard how much ammo he wanted!
                        Haha! YES! I love this! That's the real Sam!

Ahhhhh! *joins in flailing and crying* I can so see that!

Darnit, there's a plot bunny hopping into my midst.
                        sigpic
                        Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

I'm here with my glass of wine. My Bavarian pot roast is simmering away in the kitchen. My husband is obliviously playing video games in his office and I'm good to go.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Eeek. That's a solid description of what I think would happen if John was to notify the city. I like it. ^.~

rodney growing a pair to announce ... hehe...

Comment

Thanks, I did. I went with a group of three friends sans any guys and we had fun. (And my dress was red. And I had on silver jewelry. And I have long brown hair. And it was all curly. Now how pathetic is it that my thoughts wander to a certain person. I just can't help myself! It wasn't intentional or anything! )
                              Oh, that is totally COOL!

Comment

T-minus 10 minutes!
                                I'm ready
                                Remind me of the eps again... cause I can only remember Irresistible

Edit: *headdesk*

Sig by me

Comment

Working...
                                X