Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Yeah, I probably agree. Though I've never seen JF wear a cross, just that cute necklace his wife made. But who knows. The most meaningful thing in Vegas was that
    Spoiler:
    he wasn't wearing it until the last scene. It's like he made the decision to leave, gathered up what mattered to him...i.e. the Cash poster and the cross plus the bag of stolen money and headed out of town. Then in my own little imagination I think just having her cross near brought out his better side and he turned around. Only to go to his death after saving earth.
    OMG! I disgust myself sometimes. *sobs*
    *cackles* Hey, it's fitting for Angst!Day!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      I think it's still relatively quiet, and I can't really bring myself to care a lot about the movie. (I'm still on Vegas high. Just ask SR.)
      Can someone please pm me about this high? I want to know!

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
      I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
      Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Quick question on Vegas:

I was just looking over a couple of screencaps of John's death scene and saw that there's a chain around his neck, kind of snagged over the collar of his shirt. It's clearly not his dog tags, as it's a different kind of chain... more like jewelry. Is he wearing a pendant of some kind? Maybe a cross? I can't tell from the pics.
        The pendant it a cross and it looks like silver. It's going to be featured in that story I'm working on. You can see it here, where he's still nice and tidy.

Spoiler:
        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
          *poking my nose into your thread*
          Vegas is my favorite ep ever, so I know the answer, it's a cross. It might have something to do with the themes of redemption and loss of faith(?) that plagued Det. Sheppard?
          Hey, welcome The redemption theme sounds plausible to me. I like how many things are there, you just have to look. For example

Spoiler:
          there are Christmas trees in front of that motel, if I'm not mistaken. Another thing people can use in their fics. Also, we saw AU Rodney with wedding band. We saw there's possible something between him and AU Keller, but we can't be certain he is actually married to AU Keller. Bad boy Rodney? I kind of like that idea.

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
          Did you catch this? Because holy crap woman I completely missed this!! This is EPIC! EPIC I tell you. They are taunting us .... even in AU those PTB toy & throw a bone at us.
          Think Mulder/Scully and there you have the reason why he has that cross.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          Yeah, I probably agree. Though I've never seen JF wear a cross, just that cute necklace his wife made. But who knows. The most meaningful thing in Vegas was that
          Spoiler:
          he wasn't wearing it until the last scene. It's like he made the decision to leave, gathered up what mattered to him...i.e. the Cash poster and the cross plus the bag of stolen money and headed out of town. Then in my own little imagination I think just having her cross near brought out his better side and he turned around. Only to go to his death after saving earth.
          OMG! I disgust myself sometimes. *sobs*

I caught that too! To me it looks like he decided
          Spoiler:
          to change something about himself, maybe leave a job where he was being useless and simply do something with himself? Maybe he was tired of looking the man in the mirror, because he used to be a better guy, once upon a time. He has a nice, clean shirt, the cross, he leaves the job he doesn't really like doing and the only thing he takes with him is Johnny Cash poster. *sigh* He's like one of the characters from Johnny's songs.

I watched it four times too. Anuna man watched it with me last night and didn't understand the point of AU. *headdesk* Men. Are. Clueless.

Comment

If you guys have time, take a look at the NCIS TWOP thread. There's a nasty poster, named OregonBeach, calling Torri old. "Does her skin always look so dry and aged? Does she smoke or not use sunscreen? I would never have guessed she was under 50... really. Maybe she's supposed to be older, an exception to the casting and they coated her face in egg whites." Honestly, it reminds me of the days when some Teyla fans would write the most vicious, hurtful things.

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerbud View Post
              If you guys have time, take a look at the NCIS TWOP thread. There's a nasty poster, named OregonBeach, calling Torri old. "Does her skin always look so dry and aged? Does she smoke or not use sunscreen? I would never have guessed she was under 50... really. Maybe she's supposed to be older, an exception to the casting and they coated her face in egg whites." Honestly, it reminds me of the days when some Teyla fans would write the most vicious, hurtful things.
              You know, they got her hair and makeup wrong. In NCIS. That's my theory. I think the less makeup they put on her and less they try to make her look something it isn't the younger she looks. As far as I know, she does smoke, and I'm afraid it shows, but IMO that doesn't make her any less beautiful. You can see on her face that she's not 25 any more, but I'm not bothered with that, people are supposed to age. It's natural. Torri looks realistic and not like one of those typical TV plastic beauties. Obviously some people think no woman over 30 should be considered attractive, much less a TV star.

Comment

Word to what Anuna said.

In addition to that, keep in mind that TWOP, by its very nature, attracts a lot of really mean-spirited people who are there just to bash everything in sight. Which is why I don't even go there. It's not worth my attention.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Word to what Anuna said.

In addition to that, keep in mind that TWOP, by its very nature, attracts a lot of really mean-spirited people who are there just to bash everything in sight. Which is why I don't even go there. It's not worth my attention.
                  Not to mention very unhealthy for one's nerves.

Comment

You know, they got her hair and makeup wrong. In NCIS. That's my theory. I think the less makeup they put on her and less they try to make her look something it isn't the younger she looks. As far as I know, she does smoke, and I'm afraid it shows, but IMO that doesn't make her any less beautiful. You can see on her face that she's not 25 any more, but I'm not bothered with that, people are supposed to age. It's natural. Torri looks realistic and not like one of those typical TV plastic beauties. Obviously some people think no woman over 30 should be considered attractive, much less a TV star.
                    I thought the hair and makeup was quite good on NCIS and terrible on SGA. I think she is just one of those celtic beauties who are pale naturally. She always looks so much prettier in convention pictures and videos. That's too bad that she is smoker. It's terrible for one's health let alone a person's skin.

Comment

I thought the hair and makeup was quite good and terrible on SGA. She always looks so much prettier in convention pictures and videos. That's too bad that she is smoker. It's terrible for one's health let alone a person's skin.
                      Yes, I agree. But I loved how they did her makeup in second SGA season.

Spoiler:

Comment

Think Mulder/Scully and there you have the reason why he has that cross.
                        Excellent analogy.

I think the redemption angle for Vegas!Shep is right on; I wish we could see that play out in the canon 'verse, too. Preferably with a certain rescue of a certain diplomat, but I'll take a suicide mission to save Atlantis where he actually, really dies. (Or, you know, ascends and then goes off, finds Repli!Weir and ascends her, too. Which would totally kick *ss.)

Comment

Excellent analogy.

I think the redemption angle for Vegas!Shep is right on; I wish we could see that play out in the canon 'verse, too. Preferably with a certain rescue of a certain diplomat, but I'll take a suicide mission to save Atlantis where he actually, really dies. (Or, you know, ascends and then goes off, finds Repli!Weir and ascends her, too. Which would totally kick *ss.)
                          I would never say no to ascended sparky, walking hand in had towards Heaven.

Something just occured to me - in several fics I've read and that one I considered writing, it's Elizabeth who ascended first and then came to talk John into it. Why wouldn't it be vice versa? Do you guys think John could ascend? I think, based on Epiphany, that he could, but for some reason, didn't want to.

Comment

Not to mention very unhealthy for one's nerves.
                            I have to agree with you there. But there was mention of a rumor that there would be an NCIS spinoff and the ME would be played by Torri, a regular on a major TV series!

Comment

I have to agree with you there. But there was mention of a rumor that there would be an NCIS spinoff and the ME would be played by Torri, a regular on a major TV series!
                              I heard something about that too! I would LOVE that, because she definitely deserves it!

Comment

I thought the hair and makeup was quite good on NCIS and terrible on SGA. I think she is just one of those celtic beauties who are pale naturally. She always looks so much prettier in convention pictures and videos. That's too bad that she is smoker. It's terrible for one's health let alone a person's skin.
                                Being one of those Celtic beauties, let me tell you, it is a real pain keeping my skin hydrated and looking nice. And I don't smoke.

Yes, I agree. But I loved how they did her makeup in second SGA season.

Spoiler:

Ooops, that last one's from TRW!

To me, the Season 2 makeup wasn't very consistent; it seemed like sometimes her eye makeup was too heavy, giving her almost a 'raccoon-eye' look. Season 3 they finally lightened it up and let more of her natural beauty shine through.

Comment

Working...
                                X