X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Oh, totally! I have to wonder if
    Spoiler:
    AU Rodney even knew that John had the gene, or if all Rodney knew was that in another universe, John was in Atlantis and a hero. Can you imagine the uproar that would've happened if John had sat in the chair and turned it on?
    OMG yes!
    Spoiler:

I was planning to do something like that in my fic, where Vegas!John survives and they find out about his ATA gene thanx to the bloodwork. Then it's AU Rodney who gives him a second chance to fix his life, and also finds out that the field medic didn't die after all.... she was imprisoned, but she survived.
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      Yes! Now I'm not saying Teyla isn't beautiful, I find her beautiful in a different way. I just don't like when people talk bad about one to "prove" the other is better. I wish we had Elizabeth and Teyla ep, one where two of them got to save the boys and the day. That would have rocked!
      I don't like it either; it's shallow and selfish.

BFFs Elizabeth and Teyla saving the day? Love it!

Here's one of the scenes where both sides of sparky are insanely attractive:

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x...scap0016-1.jpg

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x.../bscap0017.jpg
      Mmmm... Bug!Shep... *drools*
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

OMG yes!
        Spoiler:

I was planning to do something like that in my fic, where Vegas!John survives and they find out about his ATA gene thanx to the bloodwork. Then it's AU Rodney who gives him a second chance to fix his life, and also finds out that the field medic didn't die after all.... she was imprisoned, but she survived.
        Yes yes yes! DO IT!!!! *flails and squees*
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Yes yes yes! DO IT!!!! *flails and squees*
          Your wish is my command, I'm writing as we speak.

Scruffy Vegas John, just because:
          Spoiler:

Comment

Exactly! Torri and Elizabeth prove that you don't have to look like a supermodel to be beautiful. True beauty goes deeper than skin, into the soul, and both actress and character have got it in spades.
            Elizabeth as portrayed by Torri showed great inner strength. IMO, she was a wonderful role model. As good as Teyla was, I am tired of the Buffy version of strength, that a woman has to kickbox and run around in combat gear to get respect. I think that's why the writers couldn't write for her character and killed her off.

Have to go to sleep. Good night!

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerbud View Post
              Elizabeth as portrayed by Torri showed great inner strength. IMO, she was a wonderful role model. As good as Teyla was, I am tired of the Buffy version of strength, that a woman has to kickbox and run around in combat gear to get respect. I think that's why the writers couldn't write for her character and killed her off.

Have to go to sleep. Good night!
              You nailed it perfectly. Those guys somehow can't figure out that woman who thinks, stands up for what she believes in and isn't perfect looking or a kickass can be seen as strong. Having integrity means being strong and Elizabeth has it. They're bad writers for not using that properly. They wasted her and the rest of the cast too.

Buffy type = yawn. Give me more Elizabeths of this world, please.

As for fic.... how about a small teaser? AU version of younger sparky discussing The Godfather. Of course, this conversation will prove to be important later in the fic

Spoiler:
              “So, do you think he is a good or bad guy?”

She grinned like she expected that very question. Her eyes looked at the distance, where the desert met the nightly sky, wrapping her regulation jacket around the thin frame.

“Michael? It's hard to say, especially because I like him a lot,” she said. They walked slowly toward the barracks, where he shared the room with seven more guys. John was sleepy, it was a long day behind him, but he didn't want to go to bed just yet. The air here on the outside was already chilly, and he never got used to it – the days were scorching hot, and the nights were cruel and cold. Such an unfortunate place. “I think he has right reasons, but does wrong things,” she looked at him calmly.

“That's a very diplomatic answer, Miss Weir,” he teased. She lowered her face slightly, and for a moment he thought she was sad.

“You did ask me quite demanding question. There's no simple answer, really.”

“Then give me the complicated one,” he prodded as they paused near the outskirts of the camp, where the water pump stood. Elizabeth took a few steps further and then stopped, turning her back to the desert and looking back at John.

“People are complicated and fascinating. Michael is devoted to his family, wants to protect them. In order to do so, he must become cruel. To him it seems inevitable. Actually, that is his choice, and then the consequences follow, one leads to another, and then, there is no way out. He chose his path,” her eyes looked up at him.

“But does that make him good or bad?” he pressed, and for some reason it was important what she was going to say.

“I think it makes him... an unhappy man. Sad and tragic man,” her eyes got lost in some unknown distance, and then turned back at him. “But that's cheating, I watched the other two,” she grinned. “Why is Michael so important?”

The question was personal, at this point she was intrigued with him, obviously, just like he was with her, and John wondered what was he exactly doing, although he already knew. She was smart and attractive and talking to her was better than most things he got to do here; he would be a fool to say he wasn't interested in her. But he didn't think the interest would be returned, he honestly didn't, he wasn't anything special.

Comment

You've got it in one. That's exactly why they got rid of her; they (well, except for Carl Binder) can't write a woman who doesn't fall into the stereotypical roles of 'warrior babe,' 'wench of the week,' 'nerd girl' or 'damsel in distress.' They can't write an intelligent woman who can take care of herself by using words as her weapon, isn't a sexed-up tart, and uses her brain for philosophical pursuits rather than cold and dry science.

Let TPTW stew in their own misogynistic mediocrity. It'll come back to bite 'em in the butt. *evil grin*

And on that note, it's nearly midnight out here on the West Coast, so I'll bid you all a good night, and happy Sparky dreams!

Comment

Spoilers for EATG:

Spoiler:
                  so i know im off topic but how do you think John Felt at the end of the enemy at the gate knowing that he left elizabeth behind in pegasus while he's back home?
                  Last edited by KatG; 15 January 2009, 08:15 AM. Reason: spoiler tag added

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                    Spoilers for EATG
                    Spoiler:
                    so i know im off topic but how do you think John Felt at the end of the enemy at the gate knowing that he left elizabeth behind in pegasus while he's back home?

Guilty and devastated I think. How could anyone live with a thought that you left your best friend, leader and person you love behind, frozen in space, when she could have lived and go home with everyone else?!
                    Last edited by KatG; 15 January 2009, 08:16 AM. Reason: spoiler tag added to quote

Comment

Guilty and devastated I think. How could anyone live with a thought that you left your best friend, leader and person you love behind, frozen in space, when she could have lived and go home with everyone else?!
                      I agree...

Spoiler:
                      That's one of the reasons I think he'll be one of the main supporters of getting Atlantis back to Pegasus in the movie.

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                        I agree...

Spoiler:
                        That's one of the reasons I think he'll be one of the main supporters of getting Atlantis back to Pegasus in the movie.
                        But they won't be getting Elizabeth back, just because mister JM thinks it's a story not worthy of telling. Fail, fail, fail.

Comment

But they won't be getting Elizabeth back, just because mister JM thinks it's a story not worthy of telling. Fail, fail, fail.
                          No, of course not, but I'm just saying that if JF needs motivation for his character to want to go back to Pegasus... that would be it...

Anuna, I'm also really looking forward to your Vegas fic... Thx for the spoiler, but I need more

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                            Yeah, I probably agree. Though I've never seen JF wear a cross, just that cute necklace his wife made. But who knows. The most meaningful thing in Vegas was that
                            Spoiler:
                            he wasn't wearing it until the last scene. It's like he made the decision to leave, gathered up what mattered to him...i.e. the Cash poster and the cross plus the bag of stolen money and headed out of town. Then in my own little imagination I think just having her cross near brought out his better side and he turned around. Only to go to his death after saving earth.
                            OMG! I disgust myself sometimes. *sobs*
                            Hey, welcome The redemption theme sounds plausible to me. I like how many things are there, you just have to look. For example

Spoiler:
                            there are Christmas trees in front of that motel, if I'm not mistaken. Another thing people can use in their fics. Also, we saw AU Rodney with wedding band. We saw there's possible something between him and AU Keller, but we can't be certain he is actually married to AU Keller. Bad boy Rodney? I kind of like that idea.

Think Mulder/Scully and there you have the reason why he has that cross.

I caught that too! To me it looks like he decided
                            Spoiler:
                            to change something about himself, maybe leave a job where he was being useless and simply do something with himself? Maybe he was tired of looking the man in the mirror, because he used to be a better guy, once upon a time. He has a nice, clean shirt, the cross, he leaves the job he doesn't really like doing and the only thing he takes with him is Johnny Cash poster. *sigh* He's like one of the characters from Johnny's songs.

I watched it four times too. Anuna man watched it with me last night and didn't understand the point of AU. *headdesk* Men. Are. Clueless.
                            I will join in the angst fest with you all! YEAH!

Anuna: so right! Mulder & the cross made me teary eyed. Now this. *GAH* if only they would have the gumption to follow through with this.

Guys again I make the point - look if JoeF did not get a greenlight from PTB, he'd have had to make a wardrobe change. Then again, this is a show w/o a show bible, and uneven character writings - so they possibly have forgotten the significance of her necklace.
                            sig made by me

Comment

I would never say no to ascended sparky, walking hand in had towards Heaven.

Something just occured to me - in several fics I've read and that one I considered writing, it's Elizabeth who ascended first and then came to talk John into it. Why wouldn't it be vice versa? Do you guys think John could ascend? I think, based on Epiphany, that he could, but for some reason, didn't want to.
                              I actually think John's very capable of ascending--but I don't think he would because he feels he has too much left to do--rather, he feels he owes too much to people. I think he'd want to watch and protect those he was close to until there was no one left to watch and protect, which is why I would see Elizabeth ascending first practically always. Of course, with canon as it is seeing Liz ascend first is much, much easier.

I have to agree with you there. But there was mention of a rumor that there would be an NCIS spinoff and the ME would be played by Torri, a regular on a major TV series!
                              I heard something about that too! I would LOVE that, because she definitely deserves it!
                              Yep, that's pretty much the extent of the fan-driven rumor. But again, nothing the insiders have said has hinted that this might be the case. A spinoff hasn't even been greenlighted yet, so it's way too early for any kind of casting speculation.
                              *slaps hand on table* *slap* *slap* *slap*

Then WRITE! Write, write write! Write to Shane Brennan and NCIS and let them know you liked her--like, NOW.

Shane Brennan
                              NCIS
                              c/o Belisarius Prod./Paramount TV
                              1438 N. Gower Street
                              Building 35, 4F
                              Hollywood, CA 90028
                              USA

The NCIS spin-off series is a go--CBS came out yesterday and said it's in development. While I don't know if they can work Torri into an NCIS spin-off--or if she's willing to do something like that--but if people write in and mention how much they like her, at least she'll be on their radars. So please do! I'd love to see her on network telly!

Being one of those Celtic beauties, let me tell you, it is a real pain keeping my skin hydrated and looking nice. And I don't smoke.

Ooops, that last one's from TRW!

To me, the Season 2 makeup wasn't very consistent; it seemed like sometimes her eye makeup was too heavy, giving her almost a 'raccoon-eye' look. Season 3 they finally lightened it up and let more of her natural beauty shine through.
                              I liked her in NCIS, too. My favorite Torri look was back half of season 3 in SGA--somehow she just looked AMAZING in eppies like Echoes, Submersion, Tao of Rodney, First Strike--even the dreaded Sunday. But I don't think she looks bad any particular way. She can carry off a ton of different looks very well and that's hard to do.

Torri is 40, so she's not going to look like a young hawt thing anymore. But I think she looks great for her age, and she's a beautiful woman who will be beautiful for many years to come.

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                              I will join in the angst fest with you all! YEAH!

Anuna: so right! Mulder & the cross made me teary eyed. Now this. *GAH* if only they would have the gumption to follow through with this.

Guys again I make the point - look if JoeF did not get a greenlight from PTB, he'd have had to make a wardrobe change. Then again, this is a show w/o a show bible, and uneven character writings - so they possibly have forgotten the significance of her necklace.
                              SHOW BIBLE! THANK YOU! I could never remember what the compilation of show development/continuity elements was called, so thanks for finally giving it to me!
                              Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

I am crossing the chasm of our 'ships to drop this off. A Ghost in the Machine episode tag. Hope you like it

Title: Ghost in the Mind
                                Summary: Three times he’s had to say goodbye to her. He’s not sure he can do it again.
                                Characters: John, Teyla & Weir/FRAN
                                Pairing: Sheppard-Weir, Sheppard-Teyla friendship
                                Rating: PG
                                Spoilers: Season 5, Ghost in the Machine

http://azure-horizon.livejournal.com/76504.html
                                don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Working...
                                X