Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Torri012 View Post
    sooo true.
    i think most ppl in here love TLG - its just .. awesome!
    a shame thought that the producers didnt give TH more of those epis where she can show her real talent
    Very true... it's a shame they just gave up on a character (and an actress) with such potential.

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
      Very true... it's a shame they just gave up on a character (and an actress) with such potential.
      i know ...*starts swearing*
      some ppl just dont know how to produce a tv show successfully

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
        I'm glad they did - I appreciated it. I'm still (foolishly, I know) a little bitter that she got left off the banner of the Stargate Fan Awards this year in favor of a second pic of Carter. Silly thing to be annoyed at, I know, but it really does bug me.

Although, no, I wouldn't have put GitM on the list - it was a horrible ending for Elizabeth and I'm still pretty frustrated about the handling of the whole story arc.

I think that's why I've been lurking around this thread more over the last few months - I hope you don't mind. Y'all are some of the few remaining fans out there who I can relate to as far as the feelings of loss and frustration over Elizabeth, and I must confess, you're starting to sway me a little as far as the ship goes. Or the show itself is - maybe both.
        You are very welcome here, always! I don't know about my Sparky compatriots, but while I absolutely love all the regular contributors in here, I really enjoy seeing new faces, too. Not only does it lead to interesting discussion, it always brings in a new and diverse reason for why people love these characters, and generally opens my eyes to even better reasons to celebrate them.

I don't know why, but I just really enjoy these characters more than any other show I watch. I always enjoy characters, but the SGA characters are among my absolute favorite as far as just pure characterization. With my other favorite shows, I enjoy the show itself and the characters are a part of it. But here, I am really a fan of the characters and plot isn't really that important. Which is why I'm able to hang around here and celebrate a character who was taken off the show.

I wonder why that is?

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
        I just don't like The Return, for many reasons, and one of them is that they made Elizabeth a barely functional human. Another? John would SO go to see if she was okay.
        Yeah, I agree. I have a love/hate with "The Return" because I think we get some good Elizabeth stuff (Love the dinner scene, love the WOW scene, love the fact that she's in the strike group, LOVE her conversation with Jack at the beginning of "TR II" (O'NEILL: Is that Doctor Weir I hear?/WEIR (smiling): Yes, General. It's good to hear your voice too./O'NEILL: I didn't say it was *good*, Elizabeth.")

But I dislike the implications that John wouldn't try to contact her. My biggest gripe with that is that I felt like the writers kinda did it on purpose. I think pretty much anyone would have felt that John should have been the one to show up and see her like that. Having him keep completely away from her, or not more concerned that she wasn't returning calls, felt OOC for him.

But perhaps there is a discussion to be had there, too, so perhaps we can discuss it out when I do my recap (geez, I need to get back on those, don't I!).
        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Hey all Neb started a Shep Multi shipping game and Sparky needs our help

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...t=62690&page=2

here are some pretty to entice you Pic Run Pic Run

sigpic
          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
            You know, I was just thinking - for people who enjoy crackfic - how important is characterization in crack to you?
            It's crack!fic, that should pretty much say it all.

i think most ppl in here love TLG...
            It's an okay ep... it isn't in my top 5 though.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

falcon, not in your top 5? *jaw dropps*
              its my ... 2nd fav i think - 1st goes to TRW

Comment

falcon, not in your top 5? *jaw dropps*
                Because this is my top 5:

1. The Gift
                2. Echoes
                3. Michael
                4. Doppelganger
                5. Duet

Now what do all these episodes have in common?

Comment

1. the gift
                  - teyla attacts and liz gets saved by john

2. echoes
                  - he carrys her

3. Michael
                  - ?? Teyla ?? i hate teyla ...

4. Doppelganger
                  - evil, but very very hot sheppard

5. Duet
                  - ahm, funny episode but no sparky just the look she gives him when mcbeck kisses...

okay.. i have NO idea what they have in common

Comment

oh no, wait .. they all have Kate Heigtmeyer in it, dont they?
                    thats it right?

Comment

oh no, wait .. they all have Kate Heigtmeyer in it, dont they?
                      thats it right?
                      I already had my fish ready to slap you around the head...

And yes, Teyla's there too to be all woobie over Kate - at least in Doppelganger she is.

Comment

saved my bum at the right time then

well not a surprise teyla is, coz kate is ... not very lively in this epi
                        i think that would make me woobie too

Comment

saved my bum at the right time then
                          In the nick of time...

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                            I know! That annoyed the cr*p out of me too... I know Elizabeth and Carson were good friends, but so were Elizabeth and John... He would so go check up on her...
                            But doing that would lead to the inevitable love scene. I mean, they're back on Earth ... she's a bit sad ... he goes to her apartment to check on her ... she invites him in ...

You see where I'm going with this? I thought so.

Inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                              But doing that would lead to the inevitable love scene. I mean, they're back on Earth ... she's a bit sad ... he goes to her apartment to check on her ... she invites him in ...

You see where I'm going with this? I thought so.
                              No, not really... so, where are they going to be?

I advice Anuna's muse to pay attention to this.

Comment

Originally posted by falcon horus View Post
                                in the nick of time...
                                :d

Comment

Working...
                                X