Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
    But doing that would lead to the inevitable love scene. I mean, they're back on Earth ... she's a bit sad ... he goes to her apartment to check on her ... she invites him in ...

You see where I'm going with this? I thought so.

Inevitable.
    THIS makes so much sense. LOL.
    sigpic
    My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      No, not really... so, where are they going to be?
      I believe "closet" is the codeword these days. Whether it's really in a closet or not.

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
      THIS makes so much sense. LOL.
      They wanted to avoid such a situation. If they dun sex or some kind of make-out session, part of the audience might balk and other shippers might just have a heart attack. If they didn't, still half the audience would be cranky because of the whole big tease being drawn out like that and then resulting in nothing but a room full of UST.

Comment

I believe "closet" is the codeword these days. Whether it's really in a closet or not.

They wanted to avoid such a situation. If they dun sex or some kind of make-out session, part of the audience might balk and other shippers might just have a heart attack. If they didn't, still half the audience would be cranky because of the whole big tease being drawn out like that and then resulting in nothing but a room full of UST.
        Room full of UST--with a lady boss figure? Hmmm...now where have I heard that might have been a great idea that was never fully explored...

XD

Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
          Hey all Neb started a Shep Multi shipping game and Sparky needs our help
          I cast my vote today.. Come on people, let's get John/Elizabeth to number 1!!

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...t=62690&page=2

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
            Room full of UST--with a lady boss figure? Hmmm...now where have I heard that might have been a great idea that was never fully explored...
            Hee! You're right. I forgot about that one quote.

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
            I cast my vote today.. Come on people, let's get John/Elizabeth to number 1!!
            Voted.

Comment

Because it affects us:

Changes to Characters and Relationships Folder.

I do not get this at all.

Comment

You are very welcome here, always! I don't know about my Sparky compatriots, but while I absolutely love all the regular contributors in here, I really enjoy seeing new faces, too. Not only does it lead to interesting discussion, it always brings in a new and diverse reason for why people love these characters, and generally opens my eyes to even better reasons to celebrate them.

I don't know why, but I just really enjoy these characters more than any other show I watch. I always enjoy characters, but the SGA characters are among my absolute favorite as far as just pure characterization. With my other favorite shows, I enjoy the show itself and the characters are a part of it. But here, I am really a fan of the characters and plot isn't really that important. Which is why I'm able to hang around here and celebrate a character who was taken off the show.

I wonder why that is?
                Because Sparky rocks! They're fascinating all by themselves, even without the story behind them. It seems to me that's why they work so well in AU fics... you can plug them into practically any universe and the characters still fit together.

Yeah, I agree. I have a love/hate with "The Return" because I think we get some good Elizabeth stuff (Love the dinner scene, love the WOW scene, love the fact that she's in the strike group, LOVE her conversation with Jack at the beginning of "TR II" (O'NEILL: Is that Doctor Weir I hear?/WEIR (smiling): Yes, General. It's good to hear your voice too./O'NEILL: I didn't say it was *good*, Elizabeth.")

But I dislike the implications that John wouldn't try to contact her. My biggest gripe with that is that I felt like the writers kinda did it on purpose. I think pretty much anyone would have felt that John should have been the one to show up and see her like that. Having him keep completely away from her, or not more concerned that she wasn't returning calls, felt OOC for him.

But perhaps there is a discussion to be had there, too, so perhaps we can discuss it out when I do my recap (geez, I need to get back on those, don't I!).
                Deliberately writing him OOC just burns me. I think that's a real insult to the audience's intelligence; we know better than that. We know he wouldn't stay away, so why try to write him in a way that is counter to what we know. Do they really think we're that stupid? Apparently so. *headdesk*
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Because it affects us:

*grumble* *grumble* *grumble*
                  sigpic
                  My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

But doing that would lead to the inevitable love scene. I mean, they're back on Earth ... she's a bit sad ... he goes to her apartment to check on her ... she invites him in ...

You see where I'm going with this? I thought so.

Inevitable.
                    Hee! Like I said... they ran off to Vegas to elope!

Closet, conference room, office... maybe even a real bedroom!

Oh gee, like TPTW haven't done that before. More than once. If there's one thing that they know how to do well, it's how to be a tease.

XD

All hail Joe Flanigan, Emperor of Snark! He knows that Sparky is where it's at!
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Because it affects us:

Neither do I. It doesn't say anything of substance about exactly what and how things are going to change, just BSing about how they're going to give us the news. That's no help at all.

Comment

Because it affects us:

I see where they're going; I don't think it'll affect Sparky at all. My guess is something like...one week they'll check out all the Elizabeth threads in the C&R root. Some of the threads--like the SEW thread and the Weir/Torri WOW thread might get merged, because they do the same thing at this point (celebrate Torri/Weir) some of the anti-Weir threads get deleted (because they haven't been used for a while and they're against the 'new purpose' of the forums) and the Sparky thread will get left alone because it's fine in and unto itself--busy, active, and topic specific (Elizabeth's relationship with John). I don't think Sparkies or Sheylas or stuff need to worry about their threads merging together or anything.
                        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

I see where they're going; I don't think it'll affect Sparky at all. My guess is something like...one week they'll check out all the Elizabeth threads in the C&R root. Some of the threads--like the SEW thread and the Weir/Torri WOW thread might get merged, because they do the same thing at this point (celebrate Torri/Weir) some of the anti-Weir threads get deleted (because they haven't been used for a while and they're against the 'new purpose' of the forums) and the Sparky thread will get left alone because it's fine in and unto itself--busy, active, and topic specific (Elizabeth's relationship with John). I don't think Sparkies or Sheylas or stuff need to worry about their threads merging together or anything.
                          Yeah, Sky mentioned everyone might want to look in on the special discussion threads next week (or so) when they start up even if they're not discussing characters/parings that we're interested in, just so we can get a feel for what the discussion and implementation procedure will be. Hopefully things will be clearer then.

I think there could be some within-ship merging; there's that somewhat active Sheyla gallery thread that I can see getting merged with the main Sheyla thread, and I seem to recall that there might be an older Sparky thread or two that could be merged with us. But yeah, I'm thinking we probably won't see anything really change here; maybe a tweak or two, like in tags or something, but that's all. As long as this stays a haven for positive discussion of Sparky where we don't have to defend ourselves against incursions of anti-Sparkies, then it's pretty much fine with me.

Comment

XD

I think there was some guy who said something about this...what was his name...started with an F...

Because it affects us:

As long as they leave this thread alone and we don't have to fight off haters, I'm good.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                              I think there was some guy who said something about this...what was his name...started with an F...
                              Hey, I think who you are talking about. I've seen him around... Name ends with Lanigan or something.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                Hey, I think who you are talking about. I've seen him around... Name ends with Lanigan or something.
                                Yeah, that sounds familiar... he's the guy who looks like he doesn't comb his hair in the morning, right? Looks good on him, btw.

Comment

Working...
                                X