Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    ((hugs))

Honey, it sounds like you really need to look at what your priorities are. When something enjoyable becomes so much stress it can be bad for you - yeah, I'm sure you know that and I shouldn't preach (just look at me, I'm horrible in dealing with my own stress) - but keep in mind you should put yourself first - if you don't then you won't be able to help others, play, do your work... stress may not seem very dangerous but it can literally drain us until we have nothing more to give - to ourselves or anyone else.

((hugs again))
    Thanks, that's so the truth and I'm right there right now. The light at the end of the tunnel is that this weekend should be the only weekend of h***, and after that, things should lighten some. It just stinks having to go through the weekend.

If I'd known then what I know now about my time schedule, I wouldn't have signed up for what I signed up for. I would have taken a season off. *sigh* It'll pass soon. Thankfully it's not as though there's no end in sight. By November 9th, everything will be done and I'll have no extracurricular activities for the whole of the holidays.

Just let me get through the next week!
    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

I wrote this little ficlet for our Elizabeth drabble-a-thon going on in the SEW thread.

Since it has sprinkling hints of Sparky throughout, I decided to share here.

For Anuna and Eri13 who both sound like they could use it....

Spoiler:

"Temptation”

Elizabeth, eyes closed, turned her face to the sun, feeling its radiant heat work its way through her body. Warm ocean breezes ruffled through her hair, bringing calm peace of mind with them.

Sighing, she opened her eyes and glanced across the glittering waves, squinting until she became accustomed to the glare. In the far distance, she saw large shapes arcing through the water and wondered, smiling to herself, if Sam the whale had stopped by to say hello.

All was quiet, except for the gentle lapping of the waves against the city. Elizabeth marveled at how utterly amazing life could be. Here she was, far away from Earth, in another galaxy, in a city built by an ancient race of people she had never met (well, not in this timeline anyway) and she had never felt more at home in her life. Fate was an odd mistress, she mused, smiling to herself.

The balcony door whooshed open behind her and she heard the determined steps of her second in command as he approached her position at the balcony.

“Gorgeous day, isn’t it?”

“That it is, Colonel, that it is.” Elizabeth took note of the grin on his face and the gleam in his eye and knew he had something up his sleeve. Something that would most definitely not relate to work.

John glanced out over the ocean as he said, “So, I was thinking….”

“Which is usually a dangerous thing,” Elizabeth began.

“Oh, that’s nice,” he replied, but grinned cheekily as he said it.

Elizabeth laughed and said, “Only because it usually involves something specifically designed to distract me from work.”

“Looks like you’re already distracted.”

Giving a small nod, Elizabeth knew he had her. “Fair point, Colonel.” Waving him on, she said, “Proceed.”

Looking like a 6 year-old who had just been told Christmas would come early that year, John said, “How about we steal a puddle jumper, round up Rodney, Katie, Carson, Cadman, Kate, Lorne, Ronon & Teyla and head for the mainland for the afternoon?”

“And, just who exactly, do you want to leave in charge while we’re gone?”

“Zelenka is still recovering from that bad sunburn he got on MX-0842. He and Chuck can keep an eye on things for a couple hours while we’re gone. We’ll be in radio contact the whole time.”

“I don’t know, John. That’s an awful lot of senior staff gone at one time.”

John gently laid his hand on hers, which still had a firm grip on the balcony rail. Elizabeth shivered inside, hoping he wouldn’t notice her reaction to his touch.

“Elizabeth, we’ll be a short 7 minute jumper ride away.” He caught her eye, saw her wavering and lowering his voice to a conspiratorial whisper, said, “Come on, you know you want to.”

This time, the heat suffusing her face had nothing to do with the sun. What is it about this man that has such an effect on me? She saw the evil gleam in his eye and, knowing it could lead to dangerous things, decided to step up and play. Game on, Colonel , she thought in her head.

John saw the shift in the set of her jaw and the spark in her eye and knew he had her. That’s my girl he thought to himself. Rise to the challenge.

“All right, Colonel, you’ve won me over….”

John interrupted her quickly, flyboy grin firmly in place, “Well, it was only a matter of time.”

Elizabeth snorted as she brushed past him, careful to make bodily contact with him as she did, Did he just catch his breath? Remind me to do that more often. and retorted, “If you’ll let me finish, I was going to say, you’ve won me over to your line of thinking.”

“Oh, of course, of course.”

“Contact Zelenka and tell him he and Chuck are in charge. Round up the others. We leave in an hour.”

“Yes ma’am. Any other orders?”

Throwing a glance over her shoulder as she exited the balcony, “Careful, Colonel or I’ll make you help me decide which bikini I’m going to take on our little excursion.”

John choked and tripped over his feet as he followed her into the gateroom.

Elizabeth, grinning broadly, headed for her quarters, thinking to herself, There, Colonel. You just work that out in your head for the next hour.

Round #1, Dr. Elizabeth Weir.

LOL - anyone want to write Round #2? hehehehehe
      sigpic
      Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
        I wrote this little ficlet for our Elizabeth drabble-a-thon going on in the SEW thread.

Spoiler:

"Temptation”

Elizabeth, eyes closed, turned her face to the sun, feeling its radiant heat work its way through her body. Warm ocean breezes ruffled through her hair, bringing calm peace of mind with them.

Sighing, she opened her eyes and glanced across the glittering waves, squinting until she became accustomed to the glare. In the far distance, she saw large shapes arcing through the water and wondered, smiling to herself, if Sam the whale had stopped by to say hello.

All was quiet, except for the gentle lapping of the waves against the city. Elizabeth marveled at how utterly amazing life could be. Here she was, far away from Earth, in another galaxy, in a city built by an ancient race of people she had never met (well, not in this timeline anyway) and she had never felt more at home in her life. Fate was an odd mistress, she mused, smiling to herself.

The balcony door whooshed open behind her and she heard the determined steps of her second in command as he approached her position at the balcony.

“That it is, Colonel, that it is.” Elizabeth took note of the grin on his face and the gleam in his eye and knew he had something up his sleeve. Something that would most definitely not relate to work.

Elizabeth laughed and said, “Only because it usually involves something specifically designed to distract me from work.”

Giving a small nod, Elizabeth knew he had her. “Fair point, Colonel.” Waving him on, she said, “Proceed.”

Looking like a 6 year-old who had just been told Christmas would come early that year, John said, “How about we steal a puddle jumper, round up Rodney, Katie, Carson, Cadman, Kate, Lorne, Ronon & Teyla and head for the mainland for the afternoon?”

“Zelenka is still recovering from that bad sunburn he got on MX-0842. He and Chuck can keep an eye on things for a couple hours while we’re gone. We’ll be in radio contact the whole time.”

John gently laid his hand on hers, which still had a firm grip on the balcony rail. Elizabeth shivered inside, hoping he wouldn’t notice her reaction to his touch.

“Elizabeth, we’ll be a short 7 minute jumper ride away.” He caught her eye, saw her wavering and lowering his voice to a conspiratorial whisper, said, “Come on, you know you want to.”

This time, the heat suffusing her face had nothing to do with the sun. What is it about this man that has such an effect on me? She saw the evil gleam in his eye and, knowing it could lead to dangerous things, decided to step up and play. Game on, Colonel , she thought in her head.

John saw the shift in the set of her jaw and the spark in her eye and knew he had her. That’s my girl he thought to himself. Rise to the challenge.

John interrupted her quickly, flyboy grin firmly in place, “Well, it was only a matter of time.”

Elizabeth snorted as she brushed past him, careful to make bodily contact with him as she did, Did he just catch his breath? Remind me to do that more often. and retorted, “If you’ll let me finish, I was going to say, you’ve won me over to your line of thinking.”

“Contact Zelenka and tell him he and Chuck are in charge. Round up the others. We leave in an hour.”

Throwing a glance over her shoulder as she exited the balcony, “Careful, Colonel or I’ll make you help me decide which bikini I’m going to take on our little excursion.”

Elizabeth, grinning broadly, headed for her quarters, thinking to herself, There, Colonel. You just work that out in your head for the next hour.

That was awesome! Thanks!
        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
          That was awesome! Thanks!
          Thanks for the evaluation. I'll take it! LOL.....

And, you are most welcome.
          sigpic
          Signature by Erin87

Comment

Spoiler:

"Temptation”

Cute teasing Sparky. What could be better?
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

((huggles sparkies))

I've had a horrible ... last ten minutes. Guy doesn't know how to take a hint of "go away" and acts like needy kicked puppy dog.

Comment

Spoiler:

"Temptation”

EEE!! <3.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                Cute teasing Sparky. What could be better?
                P0rn.
                sigpic
                My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies!

*hugs Anuna, Eri and Reiko*

Spoiler:

"Temptation”

SQUEEEEEEEE!!!! Oh, that was lovely! Teasing!Elizabeth is so much fun, especially when she turns John into a total clutz! Gee, I hope he doesn't get distracted by imagining what Lizzie's going to look like in that bikini and lose control of the jumper while they're flying to the mainland! 'Cause she'd so mock him if he did that!
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Spoiler:

"Temptation”

You betcha!

Awwwwweeee...uni exams start in a week...NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! *is terrified*

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
                    I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
                    Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

The All TIme Favourite Stargate Pairing Game has started, and John/Elizabeth is up against Tood/Woolsey. Go vote for Sparky: > click <

Comment

Damn, everyone's down today... time for a fic rec!

Today's theme is... angst/drama. Okay, screw that. We're going straight to fluff, with a side order of smut!

Three classics from Little Red, coming up:

The Great Escape. John helps Elizabeth take a break from work.

Drunk Tank Pink. The aftermath of drunken drugged sex. Of course, someone else drugged them...

Ground Zero. They really shouldn't be so casual about detonating nuclear bombs...

Happy reading!
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                          ((huggles sparkies))

I've had a horrible ... last ten minutes. Guy doesn't know how to take a hint of "go away" and acts like needy kicked puppy dog.
                          *hugs* In other words: You've seen the real-life version of Sheppard

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          SQUEEEEEEEE!!!! Oh, that was lovely! Teasing!Elizabeth is so much fun, especially when she turns John into a total clutz! Gee, I hope he doesn't get distracted by imagining what Lizzie's going to look like in that bikini and lose control of the jumper while they're flying to the mainland! 'Cause she'd so mock him if he did that!
                          She wouldn't. You can't mock anyone when you're dead

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          Ground Zero. They really shouldn't be so casual about detonating nuclear bombs...
                          Just to clarify: Are there any humans that are stupid enough to believe that casual nuke detonations are harmless?
                          Last edited by Pajus; 22 October 2008, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Spoiler:

"Temptation”

HA! I'm soooo doing it!!!!
                            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                              Or McKay... he can be rather whiny and pathetic too.

She wouldn't. You can't mock anyone when you're dead
                              I never said he'd crash the jumper and kill everyone. Only that he'd lose control. The implication being that after a moment, he'd regain control and proceed to the mainland, whereupon he'd get his "revenge" by dunking her bikini-clad self into the ocean.

Just to clarify: Are there any humans that are stupid enough to believe that casual nuke detonations are harmless?
                              Sheppard knows they're not. Why do you think he's always so worried about whether or not he can still have kids? *smirks*

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                              HA! I'm soooo doing it!!!!
                              DO IT!!!!!

Comment

Awww. Though, I do think he was far more McKay-like. Rodney like when he's around Katie, except slightly more obnoxious and only half as adorable.

Comment

Working...
                                X