No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey - just in case y'all were wondering....

SPARKY IS ETERNAL!

Just ramping up the sparky mojo on what could be a tough day.
    Spoiler:

And, to stimulate a little positive vibe discussion......

What makes Sparky eternal for you? Why is it the beauty of Sparky transcends all time, distance and obstacles? Discuss......
    sigpic
    Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post

What makes Sparky eternal for you? Why is it the beauty of Sparky transcends all time, distance and obstacles? Discuss......
      Because it just is.

It's the one pairing of all pairings that I can actually see happening in canon (not withstanding the current lack of Elizabeth).
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies!

I just want to alert all of you that there is a missing Sparky fic on Big Bang; the site currently has some coding issues, and this fic is not showing up anywhere on the site though it has been uploaded. So until it's fixed, I'll post a direct link so that you can still read it.

Conflicts of Interest, by lanna_kitty. Summary: In a world of Magic and Mad Science, John Sheppard and Elizabeth Weir try to navigate the perils of a cross-species relationship as they and the rest of the Atlantis Expedition try to unravel a mystery that could destroy two continents. (AU, NC-17) Also don't forget to check out the artwork for the story (which is appearing on the page, so at least something is working!). Feedback post is here.

Happy reading!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
          Ok, so I dared to look at the GitMo stills. I'm very interested what happens, and my guess is

Spoiler:
          that John is a very having hard time in this one. He doesn't like when someone plays with his head. I wouldn't be surprised if he is angry and not trusting this new version of Elizabeth - how many times can you have your heart broken? *pets him* But there's a pic with Franibeth, McKay and Wooley boy and it looks like John is smiling. Anyway, whatever happens, whatever the scenario/outcome in this is, we can effectively spin it to our interest. Oh and on the darkness. Hopefully nobody on the set got some kind of vision deficit because it's so damn dark. BSG anyone?
          I've decided to put the S5 AU on temporary hold until I can see GitMo, just in case there is something in the episode I can twist to my advantage.

And yeah, what the heck is with their obsession with barely-lit sets? They've been doing that since S4! Did someone at Bridge forget to pay the electricity bill?

Spoiler:
          Sidenote. This new Elizabeth person - what is she, at least ten years younger than Torri? Not to mention the flawless beauty? Young hawt thang hello, anyone?

*sighs* Can't wait until this is over.
          Spoiler:
          *snorts* That's what I said when I first heard about the recast. TPTB care more about bringing in the shallow, looks-obsessed fanboys than they do about good characterization and storytelling.

I'm saving the Big Bang stories to read over the weekend to take the nasty taste of GitMo out of my mouth.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Because it just is.

It's the one pairing of all pairings that I can actually see happening in canon (not withstanding the current lack of Elizabeth).
            What FH said. Everything comes together in the right way for Sparky: the chemistry between the actors, the writing (when it's on target, it's unbeatable!), and darnitall, they just look pretty together. Sparky Forever!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              Because it just is.

Yep. Sparky to me is the well, duh! ship. How anyone can not see it or why TPTB wouldn't want to exploit the gold mine they had will forever baffle me. And I'm not easily baffled.

Just under 12 hours to go until GitMo is out of our system. I feel sick.

Hey Sparkies, we should start adding some of our vids to the GW play site. Go here: http://www.gateworld.net/send_us_your_videos.shtml
              Last edited by Southern Red; 15 August 2008, 07:52 AM.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                SGA Big Bang is live.
                http://sgabigbang.talkoncorners.net/
                Go read really really long sparky fics.
                » OMG, bigbangbigbangbigbang! *g* -is excited- The two I am wanting to read like, NOW are 'Nuna's and the Carson/Teyla one. (Luckily the McShep and R/K in that one are light ... I'm actually dreading the RoKeller more than the McShep ) Yay.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                *Carson, bless him, shines in this. It was s3 where I really started to appreciate him (I hated him in the early s1 eps, how wrong could i be).
                » Me and you are going to have to have a little talk

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! GO HK!!!!!! *cheers*
                  Yay! Go HK!!! Thank you for the information, Pajus!
                  You have to admit that HK is sometimes useful.

PS: Be glad you didn't hear him talk about his former owner

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                    » OMG, bigbangbigbangbigbang! *g* -is excited- The two I am wanting to read like, NOW are 'Nuna's and the Carson/Teyla one. (Luckily the McShep and R/K in that one are light ... I'm actually dreading the RoKeller more than the McShep ) Yay.

» Me and you are going to have to have a little talk
                    I was up until midnight last night reading The Patriot Act by Irony_Rocks. John as a secret service agent protecting Liz. Very good.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      I was up until midnight last night reading The Patriot Act by Irony_Rocks. John as a secret service agent protecting Liz. Very good.
                      » *adds to read-list*

Comment

Yep. Sparky to me is the well, duh! ship. How anyone can not see it or why TPTB wouldn't want to exploit the gold mine they had will forever baffle me. And I'm not easily baffled.

Just under 12 hours to go until GitMo is out of our system. I feel sick.

Hey Sparkies, we should start adding some of our vids to the GW play site. Go here: http://www.gateworld.net/send_us_your_videos.shtml
                        That's awesome! That's exactly how I felt about it. Even starting with some of the most J/T episodes I still thought "gee, he seems pretty close to that expedition leader, too". When I started watching properly "38 Minutes" made it pretty obvious--heck, I thought "Rising" was obvious--but by "The Eye" there was no way I couldn't ship them. They made total sense in terms of writing, etc.

Why I love them? Like minds, friends. They were mental compliments, which I value above anything else. I once read when studying Shakespeare's Othello that, in the beginning, Desdemona and Othello shared a 'marriage of the minds'. The reason it becomes a tragedy is that, in becoming obsessed over her (false) physical infidelity, Othello sacrificed his mental connection with her. It was the physical overpowering the mental which caused the fall, and that was what Shakespeare was criticizing as a failing of society. Ever since then, I just randomly notice whether relationships are based on mental understanding or physical attraction. If it's physical, I'm generally not in it for the long haul. (*cough most of Grey's Anatomy! *cough*) But if characters have an understanding that goes beyond appearances, I'm very respectful of that.

John and Elizabeth seemed to demonstrate that very well. They didn't spend their time flirting sexily. When they do we consider those 'gem' moments. But the majority of their relationship is grounded in intelligence and understanding. They rely on each other. They were friends; people who felt comfortable in each other's presence. And when one was threatened, or thought lost, you saw just how important they were to the other. You just didn't get that with everyone else. Those looks or moments. Stuff like "The Hive" ending, or "The Real World", with John breaking quarantine to save her. That was a John/Elizabeth thing. Respect to the relationships of everyone else, for whom there were rescue moments and worry moments, but when John and Elizabeth were main characters, much of that sentiment was reserved for them--especially her, of course, staying behind, but in the few instances she was threatened you saw how far John could go in defending her. And it was scary good far.

Like many of the reasons I liked Elizabeth--I saw uniqueness and depth for a sci-fi female leader that you don't see everywhere--I saw the same things in their relationship. While I'll always wish it went one or two steps further in canon, at the same time I'm glad you could just...feel the closeness of those two characters. Through expressions & looks, not even needing words. I loved it, and still do.
                        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                          That's awesome! That's exactly how I felt about it. Even starting with some of the most J/T episodes I still thought "gee, he seems pretty close to that expedition leader, too". When I started watching properly "38 Minutes" made it pretty obvious--heck, I thought "Rising" was obvious--but by "The Eye" there was no way I couldn't ship them. They made total sense in terms of writing, etc.

Why I love them? Like minds, friends. They were mental compliments, which I value above anything else. I once read when studying Shakespeare's Othello that, in the beginning, Desdemona and Othello shared a 'marriage of the minds'. The reason it becomes a tragedy is that, in becoming obsessed over her (false) physical infidelity, Othello sacrificed his mental connection with her. It was the physical overpowering the mental which caused the fall, and that was what Shakespeare was criticizing as a failing of society. Ever since then, I just randomly notice whether relationships are based on mental understanding or physical attraction. If it's physical, I'm generally not in it for the long haul. (*cough most of Grey's Anatomy! *cough*) But if characters have an understanding that goes beyond appearances, I'm very respectful of that.

John and Elizabeth seemed to demonstrate that very well. They didn't spend their time flirting sexily. When they do we consider those 'gem' moments. But the majority of their relationship is grounded in intelligence and understanding. They rely on each other. They were friends; people who felt comfortable in each other's presence. And when one was threatened, or thought lost, you saw just how important they were to the other. You just didn't get that with everyone else. Those looks or moments. Stuff like "The Hive" ending, or "The Real World", with John breaking quarantine to save her. That was a John/Elizabeth thing. Respect to the relationships of everyone else, for whom there were rescue moments and worry moments, but when John and Elizabeth were main characters, much of that sentiment was reserved for them--especially her, of course, staying behind, but in the few instances she was threatened you saw how far John could go in defending her. And it was scary good far.

Like many of the reasons I liked Elizabeth--I saw uniqueness and depth for a sci-fi female leader that you don't see everywhere--I saw the same things in their relationship. While I'll always wish it went one or two steps further in canon, at the same time I'm glad you could just...feel the closeness of those two characters. Through expressions & looks, not even needing words. I loved it, and still do.
                          Very well said, all of it. And you've so been GREENED!

I find that a relationship based on physical attraction is, at the end of the day, quite shallow and forgettable. It's relationships where there is that higher, spiritual connection that John and Elizabeth have demonstrated time and time again, that withstand the trials that they keep facing. Logic and emotion, war and peace; they compliment each other, the strengths of each carry the other through difficulties. They're soulmates.

Comment

Is it too early to start drinking before tonight's episode?
                            sigpic
                            sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                              Is it too early to start drinking before tonight's episode?
                              If I started now I'd be asleep and miss it. *is a pansy* But a couple of glasses of wine with my pizza later will be just right.

6 1/2 hours to go. I'll be here with my report ASAP after 11pm EDT.

Synchronize your watches here I'm near Washington DC.
                              sigpic

Comment

If I started now I'd be asleep and miss it. *is a pansy* But a couple of glasses of wine with my pizza later will be just right.

6 1/2 hours to go. I'll be here with my report ASAP after 11pm EDT.

Synchronize your watches here I'm near Washington DC.
                                Actually I've stocked up on my favorite ice cream. Anything to numb the pain.

This day is going mighty slow...
                                sigpic
                                sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Working...
                                X