Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PaulrissaRahany View Post
    *hides in the back*

Seems I am the only one that really didn't enjoy this episode.
    You have loads of valid points. Don't hide, I think we are just high from all the John woobie. JF gets sparky cake for this episode alone. MM too, for putting in so much effort.
    sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      I don't know whether to cry or squee. But I already saw one non-shipper write about Sparky in the ep thread. So I think I'll squee for now.

Spoiler:
      In the end Rodney said something like there's no doubt now whether or not it was Elizabeth. I'm sure folks will argue about that. I'm thinking he meant it was her because she was willing to trick the others and essentially sacrifice herself to save Atlantis. They are floating in space so they can be revived like Niam was. Leaves it open. And breaks John's heart even more.
      I forgot to mention that when she went through the gate she and John shared a long look or ultra heartbreak.

*more crying and sobbing but not in a bad way* And MM did a great job. She and JF have good chemistry.
      I liked Michelle Morgan--I didn't dislike her, and you're right, they actually did have chemistry. Not as strong as Torri and Joe, but she studied Torri, you could tell. I just had a hard time with the stuff she didn't exaggerate, because it didn't feel all Weir. Then again, that's asking a lot of anyone. Nothing can replace the original.

As to fate...

Spoiler:
      There are still plenty of opportunities to resurrect her if they want. Heck, they could make up some excuse about needing her replicator abilities for something and thaw her out like they did Niam. They could even follow the original plan Weir had, and recreate a human form of her original body if Torri ever decided to come back. Maybe Rodney would do it in secret behind Woolsey's back. *LOL* Tons of possibilities with the ending.

Considering we didn't know what her fate was going to be--and that she's not back for the rest of the season--this certainly is not a bad ending. The future is wide open.
      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
        Yes they have chemistry. I thought of Torri's expressions, and tried to super impose them on MM. Like my hubby mentioned, initially there were some doubts, but towards the end, just something clicked and you could almost imagine Torri there.
        Yes, and MM will never be Torri, but I've been so mad for so long I just can't be any more. And JF just so totally saved it for me. Oh and CB is still da man.

Spoiler:
        Eri mentioned the conversation with Teyla. I thought MM was spot on there with Elizabeth's "you can't be seriously telling me John is the father" voice. She sounded completely disbelieving. And yet she knew all about Kanaan.

Oh, and Ronon was wonderful. Just keeping watch. Just in case. And right as usual.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

*hides in the back*

Seems I am the only one that really didn't enjoy this episode...I still can't imagine any Elizabeth other than Torri. That's my default.
          Hey I greened you. I disagree with you but we are all friends here. Keep on posting

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
          I liked Michelle Morgan--I didn't dislike her, and you're right, they actually did have chemistry. Not as strong as Torri and Joe, but she studied Torri, you could tell. I just had a hard time with the stuff she didn't exaggerate, because it didn't feel all Weir. Then again, that's asking a lot of anyone. Nothing can replace the original.

As to fate...

Spoiler:
          There are still plenty of opportunities to resurrect her if they want. Heck, they could make up some excuse about needing her replicator abilities for something and thaw her out like they did Niam. They could even follow the original plan Weir had, and recreate a human form of her original body if Torri ever decided to come back. Maybe Rodney would do it in secret behind Woolsey's back. *LOL* Tons of possibilities with the ending.

Considering we didn't know what her fate was going to be--and that she's not back for the rest of the season--this certainly is not a bad ending. The future is wide open.
          Precisely. It's SciFi.
          Spoiler:
          and now we know if they bring her back John will be happy to see her and want her to stay. As long as they let Carl write it. lol

I'll probably do my post on the ep thread tomorrow when I'm more coherent.
          sigpic

Comment

*hides in the back*

Seems I am the only one that really didn't enjoy this episode...I still can't imagine any Elizabeth other than Torri. That's my default.
            Don't feel bad! I'm sure there will be tons of varying opinions. I'm a huge Torri fan and would have a hard time if they were considering reopening Elizabeth's character without her.

However, my regret for her is balanced out...

Spoiler:
            by the fact that Binder didn't forget John cared, and how strong that bond between Elizabeth and John was. And Joe Flanigan went to town with it once she was in the human body. The first to advocate to allow her to stay...the last to watch her go. *wobbly* So Sparky. This episode was definitely in the vein of the S4 Sparky--much angst. But it was much better than TMC, where we got one moment and that was it. This had sparky woven in, and Elizabeth saving him in the end was nice turnabout. She went a little rambo on the guy attacking her man.

Comment

Yes, and MM will never be Torri, but I've been so mad for so long I just can't be any more. And JF just so totally saved it for me. Oh and CB is still da man.
              This is the most alive I've seen JF this season.
              sigpic
              sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                You have loads of valid points. Don't hide, I think we are just high from all the John woobie. JF gets sparky cake for this episode alone. MM too, for putting in so much effort.
                Haha! Me hide? Not for long. =D

Okay, so now that the initial anger has worn off...I like John woobie too. I just...Still can't get over how off everything seriously was. JF will always be amazing. MM(feels so weird...MM is usually Mary McDonnell for me) I was surprised. She really had studied, but to me it felt like she was trying so hard that it just felt all off. Even through my angry-haze I have to admit. She did a good job of trying to live up to Torri's legend. =D
                sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                  Eri mentioned the conversation with Teyla. I thought MM was spot on there with Elizabeth's "you can't be seriously telling me John is the father" voice. She sounded completely disbelieving. And yet she knew all about Kanaan.

Oh, and Ronon was wonderful. Just keeping watch. Just in case. And right as usual.
                  *agree* also
                  Spoiler:
                  think back to when John interrupts their little chat and stands in the middle. It was kinda cute, like were you guys talking about me, way ... I am so sad once more that Torri wasn't the one in this episode, but I don't think I'd have been able to handle it if it were her, kwim? John's face, OMG!!! Every single time!!!! I have to watch this episode again. No doubts about that.
                  sig made by me

Comment

Ack you guys all I can think is NOW I HAVE TO WATCH THE EPISODE. Or you know just the sparky moments. Someone put them up on youtube. Plz.
                    sigpic
                    My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

*hides in the back*

Spoiler:

So you've had faith restored in Carl? Good to hear. Back to toeing the sparky line, was he. LIke I said, the...

Spoiler:
                      "What if one of them wanted to stay" WAS SO FREAKIN' AWESOME!

*huffs*

I really liked Ronon. His face in the scene right after she appears on the computer--that side shot of him? That was great. And it's interesting how they all have different ways of wanting to view this. I think Ronon said his goodbye in Adrift and wanted it to stay that way. Her continual reappearance hurts him. Rodney, of course, wanting to rectify his mistake and yet still reluctant to destroy her. And John, of course, wanting to believe she's alive and can be back with them again.

One question, S5 watchers--did Teyla tell the truth, is Torran with Kanaan or on Atlantis?

Comment

Don't feel bad! I'm sure there will be tons of varying opinions. I'm a huge Torri fan and would have a hard time if they were considering reopening Elizabeth's character without her.

Spoiler:
                        by the fact that Binder didn't forget John cared, and how strong that bond between Elizabeth and John was. And Joe Flanigan went to town with it once she was in the human body. The first to advocate to allow her to stay...the last to watch her go. *wobbly* So Sparky. This episode was definitely in the vein of the S4 Sparky--much angst. But it was much better than TMC, where we got one moment and that was it. This had sparky woven in, and Elizabeth saving him in the end was nice turnabout. She went a little rambo on the guy attacking her man.

Okay, so I really need to leave this thread. =P You guys are making me forget why I disliked this episode so much. You bring in all the cute Sparky moments, and just thinking of John's actions towards her...it makes anything melt doesn't it. Still can't get over not having Torri, but I agree with some of the people in here saying...If it really was Torri, I would have cried my eyes out. I don't think I would have recovered. =(
                        sigpic

Comment

So you've had faith restored in Carl? Good to hear. Back to toeing the sparky line, was he. LIke I said, the...

Spoiler:

*huffs*

I really liked Ronon. His face in the scene right after she appears on the computer--that side shot of him? That was great. And it's interesting how they all have different ways of wanting to view this. I think Ronon said his goodbye in Adrift and wanted it to stay that way. Her continual reappearance hurts him. Rodney, of course, wanting to rectify his mistake and yet still reluctant to destroy her. And John, of course, wanting to believe she's alive and can be back with them again.

One question, S5 watchers--did Teyla tell the truth, is Torran with Kanaan or on Atlantis?
                          I think
                          Spoiler:
                          Torran is on Atlantis, and Elizabeth knew Teyla lied about that -- just something about the sitting back and pausing, and the look passing between the two. I also believe that Elizabeth understood the need for Teyla to lie about her son, since he could be used as a pawn.
                          sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                            Ack you guys all I can think is NOW I HAVE TO WATCH THE EPISODE. Or you know just the sparky moments. Someone put them up on youtube. Plz.
                            You have GOT to watch the WHOLE episode.... to get the full impact. Even the stupid
                            Spoiler:
                            computer voice
                            has it's part.
                            sig made by me

Comment

Absolutely loved the episode. I miss Torri, but MM did a great job. The chemistry with Sheppard was there.

So many great Sheppard/Weir moments. That last look, wow. I'm not usually a shipper, but the writing for those two characters has been great.
                              Rush rocks.

Comment

Spoiler:
                                You just made me wanna
                                Spoiler:
                                squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                                This is the most alive I've seen JF this season.
                                And again I give you my best JF
                                Spoiler:
                                squee!

Spoiler:

*huffs*

That confused me a little too.
                                Spoiler:
                                In all the other eps they have all been living in the city. This must mean Teyla spends a lot of time with her people. After all the angst she went through I can't see her sending her baby away. And um...isn't she nursing him? Men write this. That's for sure.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X