No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally found it! I was going to be lazy, but you spurred me on to just find the fic myself. It was in the save Weir thread, which explains why I couldn't find it, despite going through the last few pages, d'oh. *facepalm*

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    I know the feeling. I'm trying to went some of those emotions too...

Speaking of venting, here is my contribution to poetry and fan fiction week. It's pretty short and it's inspired by several things: JF's interview where he said he'll be doing more listening than talking in S4 and Vixen's comment about John taking Elizabeth's role as the person who listens to others.

I don't know how good is this because it just rushed out of me. I hope you'll like it.

Title: Stars

Genre: angst/Sheppard's POV

Spoilers: I hint on something that happens in "Adrift"

Spoiler:
    Stars

I stare at the stars a lot lately.

They are small and cold and far away. Just like you. And when I think of you those small lights remind me of the light in your eyes.

It was you who brought me here. That coin I tossed only confirmed what my heart already knew, but I wouldn’t listen. It was a new chance.

I thought back then that finally life was fair. Now I’m not sure.

You of all people don’t deserve this. Not you, Elizabeth. Not you.

Because you were the one who listened. Among so many things you did, this is what I miss the most. You listened to all of us, you always cared, and you gave us all the importance and chances we maybe didn’t deserve. I would be first in the line among those who didn’t… Who will be there to give you that second chance?

Sometimes I hate you and it tears me apart. Because it was you who told me to go, and I knew you were right. You always were. No matter how many times I turn it around in my head… you were right. You saved us and I was the one to be helpless. I was helpless and you knew how much I hate it.

Now I stare at the stars. I wonder if those are same stars you can see. I try not to wonder if you are able or allowed to watch them. I hope you are. And I hope … I hope… these stars see you and watch over you.

I used to talk so often, so much. There were so many things to say, or at least I thought so before. Now all those things… so many of them… seem pointless. Unimportant. I left the most important things unsaid.

But somehow… somehow… I hope you knew. You listened to me always, even in times I thought I wasn’t saying anything… or trying not to speak. You knew me so well. You knew I would listen; I would obey you this time.

Now I am silent. You made me humble. I listen instead to talk, and for the first time it seems that I hear what people say. You opened my eyes and ears. I find myself trying to remember things you told me… and the things I didn’t hear back then. Maybe, if I had another chance… just one more chance I would hear them now.

It is what you taught me. It is what you left me with. This is your legacy. And suddenly, stars aren’t cold as I realize you are not gone. Not from me. You are still here, inside of me. It is your voice that I keep listening to when other people talk. Your voice that tells me to give them a chance. Even when it comes to Rodney. It is what helps me hear them; all of them.

I hope those stars watch over you. I hope they bring me to you – so I could listen to you once more. That’s all I’m praying for.

Hope you enjoyed. *sigh*
    'I am frightened that the flame of hate will burn me
    will scorch my pride, scar my heart
    It will burn and I cannot put it out...'

Sig by Falcon Horus- thank you!

my LJ of squee *myspace of angst * my fic of random

My OTP forever, by Stef, who is awesome:
    Spoiler:

Thanks, Stef!

Comment

Ohh...*sniff...* that was so beautiful. Makes me want to make a wallpaper..of
      Spoiler:
      the two moons, the balcony...and Shep Alone....
      with Elizabeth hiding somewhere in the collage.

Nice work.
      Last edited by sspader; 17 September 2007, 12:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sspader View Post
        Ohh...*sniff...* that was so beautiful. Makes me want to make a wallpaper..of
        Spoiler:
        the two moons, the balcony...and Shep Alone....
        with Elizabeth hiding somewhere in the collage.

Nice work.

I'd love to have a wallpaper like that!
        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by borgprincess View Post
          My reply:
          Spoiler:
          I love the balcony scenes with Shep and Weir...damn Carter for intruding on sacred ground. XP

Still, I do like that her presence at least prompted him to say how he intended to find Elizabeth. It makes it so personal.

I remember when Ford went missing, Elizabeth was being encouraging and saying they'd dial the address he went to, and Shep's being negative, going 'He'll have moved on by now, he could be anywhere' and she goes, 'You'll find him', if I recall correctly. Now it's almost like symmetry, where this time he's the one going 'I'll find her'. If it's at all possible, he'll do it.

Btw, guys, after all the emotional heaviness of Adrift/Lifeline, how do you think he's going to react when she pops up again?
          Whe she pops up again...

Spoiler:
          well his reaction will be emotional I think. The only question is what kind of emotions we'll see, and I'm betting on mixed emotions (I need my Rolling Stones. Erm, ignore that comment, lol ). It depends on her state of mind/if she will be herself at all when they find her again. I also think Shep will do his best to bring back Elizabeth he knew, help her regain her old self, because I bet she will be changed to some extent. It will be interesting to see his reaction; and I'm hoping for an open ending, something like Ford. I think that's the best we could get from TPTB. Keeping my fingers crossed really hard, ready to ignore teh canon.

Again, no matter how great this angst is and the emotion et cetera, it's being done only to write her out. That is the thing that bothers me here. That's my bottom line. I like angst when it leads to redemption and characters earning their happy ending. Yeah I know tragedy and loss is common in RL. I had my fair share of that in RL. In fiction I enjoy earned happy endings, that is my cup of tea. Knowing Stargate's TPTB that won't happen, and this isn't kind of angst I really enjoy; no matter how good it looks like now.

But on the other hand there will be lots of material to work on and write fix it stories, make videos and other fanwork... I'm looking forward to that and staying a positive Sparky fan.

Comment

Spoiler for Lifeline.

Spoiler:
            It bothers me that Landry, Carter...ETC has all but considered her DEAD. PISS. OFF. I'd like to think that the core team will have emotional ramifications from this. Not necessarily of what they could have done...but too much too late. Nice acting from Rachel...when she was cleaning out her desk. BTW. Really really nice acting from Joe. I love his angst...and the scenery in the last scene. You can just feel that, he wanted to see her out there when he walked onto the balcony. *sigh*
            My Reply:

Spoiler:
            ITA beautiful acting from Joe his performace really stood out for me. Rachel did good acting as well. When i saw that balcony scene i was lke How. Dare. She!".. it was to me an invasion of his and her area cus basically the whole population of Atlantis knew that it was there spot and no one really went out there except them

My reply:
            Spoiler:
            I love the balcony scenes with Shep and Weir...damn Carter for intruding on sacred ground. XP

Still, I do like that her presence at least prompted him to say how he intended to find Elizabeth. It makes it so personal.

I remember when Ford went missing, Elizabeth was being encouraging and saying they'd dial the address he went to, and Shep's being negative, going 'He'll have moved on by now, he could be anywhere' and she goes, 'You'll find him', if I recall correctly. Now it's almost like symmetry, where this time he's the one going 'I'll find her'. If it's at all possible, he'll do it.

Btw, guys, after all the emotional heaviness of Adrift/Lifeline, how do you think he's going to react when she pops up again?
            My Reply:

Spoiler:

ITA again, i fully felt that was an invasion of their area. I think Sheppy felt a bit not uncofortable but werid that someone else actually came out there. I believed that from the start of Lifeline it was personal for him, he wanted to give his life to protect her and she knew it. When she 'pops' up again, definatly relieved that she's alive, but i think she will def have sojething to say so we shall see how he reacter to that.

Originally posted by SazZat View Post
            I haven't watched it yet. I'm holding out for it's Sky showing I promiced to my cousin that we would watch it together.
            The files are sitting on my desktop though, looking very tempting.
            I'm just sort of drifting around until it airs and then I'll probably come in here and write an essay on it...or maybe just squee alot...or maybe cry

i caved saz.. im sorry
            Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
            Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Spoiler for Lifeline.

Spoiler:
              It bothers me that Landry, Carter...ETC has all but considered her DEAD. PISS. OFF. I'd like to think that the core team will have emotional ramifications from this. Not necessarily of what they could have done...but too much too late. Nice acting from Rachel...when she was cleaning out her desk. BTW. Really really nice acting from Joe. I love his angst...and the scenery in the last scene. You can just feel that, he wanted to see her out there when he walked onto the balcony. *sigh*
              Spoiler:
              It was sad how the overall mood was more towards the possibility of Elizabeth being dead. Even that scene with Teyla cleaning out Elizabeth's desk felt like it had been about someone who had passed away, rather than someone who was taken hostage by the enemy without knowing if they were alive or not. It bothered me, really. I know why they did it, but I didn't like it. John's line was really the only thing that gave hope. If I was a viewer who didn't know anything about the changes or any other spoilers, it would appear strange to me why there wasn't a stronger will to believe that she could still be alive.

My reply:
              Spoiler:

Lifeline again
              Spoiler:

I love that since it's what I thought as well. It's a great connection. She gave comfort and what little hope she could. That was a really personal moment there in TS3. Now in Lifeline, it's someone who is too dear to his heart that's missing, and when it's someone you really care about there's more hope there, the refusal to accept something bad until you actually see it. This time Elizabeth wasn't there to give him more hope, and it was left on him alone.

Comment

Just a little reminder that sparky is still out there is is going strong whereever they may be!

I Want You back

Caught In The Middle

If Everyone Cared

With Arms Wide Open

What Hurts The Most

Come On Come On Has Sam/jack

Inner Smile

She's Like The Wind

What About Now?

Almost Here

Enjoy and Long Live Sparky!
                Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

*delurks* (omg i haven't posted for ages!)
                  With all the hype about Adrift & Lifeline I can't help but comment!

Spoiler:
                  Joe's acting is amazing!! OMG and Torri! I think that the reason John didn't want to reactivate the nanites was because he knew what she went through the first time, the whole 'Well obviously you don't know her' - omg *dies*.
                  And the eye!sex in the puddlejumper! Whoa! So squee-worthy especially because it's showing that he still deeply trusts her, even in her situation. He trusts her still more so than Rodney. Such a deep moment.
                  I really liked the scene when John, 'Lizabeth and all her guards were walking down the hallway and everyone was watching like 'OMG!'.
                  So many great scenes to mention, the kill switch scene, the mind trick scene (so imagining sparky babies now) and when they leave her and John was so angsty in the end, so sad. He's so naming one of the moons Elizabeth!
                  I'm actually quite surprised and I don't mind the storyline, it's quite strong and interesting.
                  In conclusion-
                  Season 4- So totally Sparky!

Comment

Originally posted by SazZat View Post
                    I haven't watched it yet. I'm holding out for it's Sky showing I promiced to my cousin that we would watch it together.
                    The files are sitting on my desktop though, looking very tempting.
                    I'm just sort of drifting around until it airs and then I'll probably come in here and write an essay on it...or maybe just squee alot...or maybe cry
                    Hee hee I am in the same boat. I have the epis but holding out watching for the whole effect. Besides, hubby also wants to watch it fully finished, so it's keeping me honest for now

I have clicked on a few spoiler tags - and stopped doing that over the weekend, as the general mood seem to vary quite a bit, depending on POV. So... I am waiting to form my very own sparky opinion. It's hard to wait though.
                    sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Vixen View Post
                      Lifeline again
                      Spoiler:

I love that since it's what I thought as well. It's a great connection. She gave comfort and what little hope she could. That was a really personal moment there in TS3. Now in Lifeline, it's someone who is too dear to his heart that's missing, and when it's someone you really care about there's more hope there, the refusal to accept something bad until you actually see it. This time Elizabeth wasn't there to give him more hope, and it was left on him alone.
                      Lifeline and RL as well

Spoiler:
                      Sadly, I know how it feels. I know what you go through when somebody is missing. There is no ending and you can't find peace until you find out the answer. It would be so OOC for John if he didn't feel that way and I'm wondering why everybody else accepted/presumed she was dead. To me it only shows just how much John cares for her - more than anybody else in the city/expedition.

Comment

Only 11 days left (I think, lol). You can do it!

S4 question
                        Spoiler:
                        JM said Elizabeth was in four eps in the first half of S4 but would say the third bc he thought of it as a spoiler. We know three of them are Adrift, Lifeline and This Mortal Coil. That leaves seven possibles. For those that know where Elizabeth ended up at the end of Lifeline and have read spoilers for the first ten eps, anyone care to hazard a guess as to which ep she'll turn up in and why?

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                          Lifeline and RL as well

Spoiler:
                          It would be so OOC for John if he didn't feel that way and I'm wondering why everybody else accepted/presumed she was dead. To me it only shows just how much John cares for her - more than anybody else in the city/expedition.
                          Lifeline
                          Spoiler:
                          I think logically you would presume she was dead; she was left alone on a replicator planet, surrounded by replicators. However, there's still a small chance she might be alive, but as it would be impossible to mount a Search&Rescue on that planet, it makes sense to label her missing/presumed dead.

Also makes sense for John to want to rescue her, not only bc she's his friend, but bc of his own abandonment issues (see: Epiphanies). He knows [in Epiphanies and Conversion] Elizabeth never gave up on him, so he's not about to give up on her. It's in John's nature not to leave people behind, but I think living in the PG has taught him sometimes you have to wait before making your move.

Comment

Haven't done this in some time (spoilers for S4).

Spoiler:
                            tptb1: *looks at report from poor underpaid soul* So I see they're still keeping this thing active.
                            tptb2: Well, we are giving them what they want.
                            tptb3: Yeah, but just watch them once those four Weir episodes are over.
                            tptb1: By the end of this season the Sheppard/Weir ship fan will be an extinct species.

*laughter in the room*

tptb2: "Extinct species". *laugh* That's great, man.
                            tptb1: Yeah, I have my moments. I'm gonna miss those days when we jerked the different ship groups around, though.
                            tptb3: Yeah, me too. But we can finally get back to making the Sheppard/Teyla relationship cannon.
                            tptb2: Yeah. Oh man. That's the ultimate fantasy, isn't it? The hero and the hot alien princess hooking up.
                            tptb3: Totally! It's been my fantasy since I was a kid.
                            tptb1: But we have to keep building it up first, you know? So it'll be believable when the final episode airs - when they hook up. He stays with her and they have 20 kids!
                            tptb5: Build it up? So what were you doing these past 3 seasons? *someone throws a scrunched piece of paper his way*
                            tptb2: The stick-fights? Conversion? Didn't you watch the show?
                            tptb5: Well, I don't know if Conv-
                            tptb1: It worked. They're meant to be together. For pete's sake, the only reason we put Teyla in show is because she's Sheppard's love interest!
                            tptb3: He's right.
                            tptb2: Yeah, he is.
                            tptb1: Yes, I am. And the folks above agree too. Hot babes, hot leading men, explosions. That's what sells. Everything else is just boring. Now let's put in some more Sheppard/McKay banter.
                            tptb3: Another big seller.
                            tptb2: You know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vixen View Post
                              Haven't done this in some time (spoilers for S4).

Spoiler:
                              tptb1: *looks at report from poor underpaid soul* So I see they're still keeping this thing active.
                              tptb2: Well, we are giving them what they want.
                              tptb3: Yeah, but just watch them once those four Weir episodes are over.
                              tptb1: By the end of this season the Sheppard/Weir ship fan will be an extinct species.

*laughter in the room*

tptb2: "Extinct species". *laugh* That's great, man.
                              tptb1: Yeah, I have my moments. I'm gonna miss those days when we jerked the different ship groups around, though.
                              tptb3: Yeah, me too. But we can finally get back to making the Sheppard/Teyla relationship cannon.
                              tptb2: Yeah. Oh man. That's the ultimate fantasy, isn't it? The hero and the hot alien princess hooking up.
                              tptb3: Totally! It's been my fantasy since I was a kid.
                              tptb1: But we have to keep building it up first, you know? So it'll be believable when the final episode airs - when they hook up. He stays with her and they have 20 kids!
                              tptb5: Build it up? So what were you doing these past 3 seasons? *someone throws a scrunched piece of paper his way*
                              tptb2: The stick-fights? Conversion? Didn't you watch the show?
                              tptb5: Well, I don't know if Conv-
                              tptb1: It worked. They're meant to be together. For pete's sake, the only reason we put Teyla in show is because she's Sheppard's love interest!
                              tptb3: He's right.
                              tptb2: Yeah, he is.
                              tptb1: Yes, I am. And the folks above agree too. Hot babes, hot leading men, explosions. That's what sells. Everything else is just boring. Now let's put in some more Sheppard/McKay banter.
                              tptb3: Another big seller.
                              tptb2: You know it.
                              Big fat MENTAL GREEN for you - it's evil and I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie View Post
                                Only 11 days left (I think, lol). You can do it!

S4 question
                                Spoiler:
                                JM said Elizabeth was in four eps in the first half of S4 but would say the third bc he thought of it as a spoiler. We know three of them are Adrift, Lifeline and This Mortal Coil. That leaves seven possibles. For those that know where Elizabeth ended up at the end of Lifeline and have read spoilers for the first ten eps, anyone care to hazard a guess as to which ep she'll turn up in and why?
                                Spoiler:
                                I'm thinking 4x08 The Seer (the summary has stuff about the replicator virus and the wraith and a guy who can see the future so....).
                                http://http://www.stargate-sg1-solut..._Episode_Guide

Comment

Working...
                                X