Clear All

Elizabeth : "What are you doing Rodney?"
    Rodney : "Whining on your thread!"
    John : "I've never seen you whine before! /snark"

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
      My 2 cents...
      Spoiler:
      I haven't joined in on the old episode analysis just because it is not my type of thing to do. I am not good at analyzing scenes and body language. I also don't tend to read too much into things and speculate in depth.

That being said ...er typed... I have enjoyed seeing this thread moving again. It may have been on past items that have been discussed a bazillion times, but then there must be a reason for those things to be included all the time. Also, some people were not here when they were talked about before and add new insight into some things.

Not everyone is going to be thrilled with digging out Sparky moments and that is ok. There have been some fun captions and goings on at different times. To each his own as long as no one is trying to own the thread --which I don't see happening. Pick your fun and share with others.
      We are all here and posting or reading because we see something between John and Elizabeth that we want to share. That is what makes this thread fun!

I have been handing out cookies in the Shep whump thread if anyone needs one. or 3

Exactly and I do want to share - there are so many things to share! Another great thing about Sparky.
      Spoiler:
      Now, I am pretty new to the fandom and I wasn't here when these old episodes were discussed. So it's the first time for me to discuss them and I had fun. I think there are several people who weren't here too. Some people, like me have fun speculating and doing in - depth analysis, some other don't like that and bring a different POV to the discussion. And it's all fun.

I need something to lure my smut bunny back.
      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post

How's this?
        Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Vixen View Post
          How's this?
          Spoiler:

*splorfs and giggles* Great choice, Vixen! I love that scene.

Comment

How's this?
            Spoiler:

The best one ever.

But these are good too:

Spoiler:

E: Closet now!
            J: Yes, ma'am!
            R: I need to puke.

Comment

Originally posted by Blower'sGate View Post
              Mini Rant : Read at your own risk

Spoiler:
              Don't want to sound too outlaw or anything but would it be possible to not discuss episodes like The Siege bc it's been done, I dunno, a lot? I'm sorry to say this but you can't get anything more than what we already have. I think it's best we don't choose what should be discussed and let the discussion starts by itself. I know you guys want to count evey sparky moments ever. But I find it a little bit disconnected from the reality of the pairing considering this show can't be interpreted as being the Sparky!show and most of the moments I've read so far are only based on speculations. Interpretation is a good thing but only when you a solid basis to interpret things. Everything about this show doesn't ultimately relate to Sparky.

But if you really want to interpret the episodes to a certain degree, do it but you're reaching the point where it's boring to death, at least for me.

And you're implying ( and Anuna, I know you're goint to say that wasn't your intention to make it sound like it but I need this to make a point, even though I can't be sure. ) that it is bc the episodes have leaked that your topic of the day was interrupted. This is still a public thread and if there are people who wish to discuss Adrift and Lifeline ( including me ), they should have the right to. It's as if, people are bashing us for posting spoilers, at first you were happy, now it's too much? It looks like you're hidding signatures saying : " We don't want your spoilers until the episodes have aired! ". Well, okay then, don't spoil yourself but stop claiming that you don't want to read between spoiler tags every time people discuss spoilers. That's annoying.

Yes, I find the thread to be boring and I've been feeling this way for quite some time now and it's probably why I don't post as much as I used to. I'm not asking for things to change and I know there are some people who feel great about me not posting here anymore but I just had to whine about it for a minute.

By that theory you'd have to also allow people to address their concerns about the fact that Elizabeth is only in four episodes of season four. Because that's something that people want to discuss, just as you want to discuss the illegal download eps, and Anuna wants to discuss The Siege.

So what if it's been discussed before? Who really cares? The vast majority of episodes have been discussed over and over before you arrived in this thread, and they'll be discussed over and over long after you're gone.

The fact is, that there are always new people here (and previous posters who get the 'silent' treatment, and as a result tend not to post very often) and the new people are just as much within their rights to want to talk about episodes as you are. Without someone saying to them "Too bad. We've already discussed that. There's nothing more to say.

Look at it from their point of view.

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
                By that theory you'd have to also allow people to address their concerns abou the fact that Elizabeth is only in four episodes of season four. Because that's something that people want to discuss, just as you want to discuss the illegal download eps, and Anuna wants to discuss The Siege.

So what if it's been discussed before? Who really cares? The vast majority of episodes have been discussed over and over before you arrived in this thread, and they'll be discussed over and over long after you're gone.

The fact is, that there are always new people here (and previous posters who get the 'silent' treatment, and as a result tend not to post very often) and the new people are just as much within their rights to want to talk about episodes as you are. Without someone saying to them "Too bad. We've already discussed that. There's nothing more to say.

It's not so much as what's being discussed but more of how it is being discussed.

Comment

E: John?
                  J: Yeah?
                  E: Let's try not to get ourselves to infirmary next time.
                  J: The damn closet was too small... and too fragile... how was i to know it would fall apart?
                  E: But it was fun!

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
                    By that theory you'd have to also allow people to address their concerns about the fact that Elizabeth is only in four episodes of season four. Because that's something that people want to discuss, just as you want to discuss the illegal download eps, and Anuna wants to discuss The Siege.

I can't green you again yet, Ali, but I would if I could! Well said.

There can be more lines of conversation than just one going on in a thread at any given time; there's no need to try to stop person B talking about something just because person C does not want to talk about it.

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x130/anuna_81/bscap1613.jpg

E: John?
                    J: Yeah?
                    E: Let's try not to get ourselves to infirmary next time.
                    J: The damn closet was too small... and too fragile... how was i to know it would fall apart?
                    E: But it was fun![/CENTER]
                    *giggles* I like it!

Comment

Spoiler:

E: John, what are you doing? OMG!

Spoiler:

J: I want you ASAP! Get rid of the speed talker! I want my closet time! If he keeps on babbling I swear I'll strangle him!!*groans*
                      R: But Elizabeth, we *have* to discuss the power conduits in lower east section now, it's essential to air conditioning of my second lab!
                      E: *giggle* Kids!

Spoiler:

J: Elizabeth, I'll need those pants later... *whimper*

Comment

I do!
                        Cookies here

Exactly and I do want to share - there are so many things to share! Another great thing about Sparky.
                        Spoiler:
                        Now, I am pretty new to the fandom and I wasn't here when these old episodes were discussed. So it's the first time for me to discuss them and I had fun. I think there are several people who weren't here too. Some people, like me have fun speculating and doing in - depth analysis, some other don't like that and bring a different POV to the discussion. And it's all fun.

sigpic

Comment

Wank, in our thread?
                          More likely than you'd think.

I can understand people who have been around here a long time bored with old ep discussions, especially S1 eps. Personally, I've discussed them at least three times each so there's nothing new for me in going over them again. But I also understand that people who have just joined us haven't had that luxery so would find the topic fresh and interesting.

I can also understand people wanting to keep discussing the new eps (I actually think they were purposely "leaked" to get people talking, to generate interest. If so, job well done, bc there are people who said they wouldn't watch S4 that are now saying they will. Granted, not all of them will have Neilson boxes but it's a step in the right direction for the ratings).

There's nothing to say we can't run numerous discussions at the same time. If you aren't interested in a certain discussion, simply scroll past the post(s).

Edit: As we're coming into S4, just a quick reminder to LABEL SPOILER TAGS to let people know what the spoilers pertain to. This includes S4, eps of S3 that haven't aired in syndication in the US, and pic spams (bc if the cut isn't labelled, people might miss great non-spoilery pic spams bc they think they're a real spoiler)
                          Last edited by SallyLizzie; 16 September 2007, 06:44 AM.

Comment

@Pocus: now you reminded me that i wnated to do a vid to this song *sings* One way or the other I'm gonna getcha! Thank you!!! I'll take some of the cake too if you don't mind.

Comment

@Pocus: now you reminded me that i wnated to do a vid to this song *sings* One way or the other I'm gonna getcha! Thank you!!! I'll take some of the cake too if you don't mind.
                              You are welcome and enjoy the cakes and cookies.

**waits for vid**
                              sigpic

Comment

I definitely have to make a funny one... now all i need is to choose the song. There are so many to choose from! I have too many ideas.

E: Too many ideas my love?

J: *naughty mode* More than you can imagine.

Comment

Working...
                                X